Waratah

Coles Group Interviews

Waratah

My nephew is going for a Coles Group Interview this week. He is under the impression that it is a done deal (job I mean) as someone told him that everyone who goes to these interviews gets a job. I thought this wasn't quite true so I wanted to give him tips as to what to expect at these interviews. I have told him impressions count and dressing the part business attire is important.

If anyone can give me info on what to expect so I can pass this on. I don't want him going to the interview with the impression that he doesn't have to make an effort.

Dau0007

Hi i had one on one interview at Coles last wednesday. the interview for about 5 minutes. they just ask me why i want to work at coles. and my work experience. they always ask for my availability. and i said im available any time and finally they told me that they should tell me the outcome in exactly one week after the interview. it has been exactly one week and i have not heard anything from them yet. does that mean i did not get the job? im worried

amaza

I think it's important for him not to take over if he is put into a group discussion but still show some initiative and make some clear points that relate to his topic. He can't just sit back and let everybody else do the talking. He needs to sit in the middle, happy to allow the leader to lead (management) but also pro-active with solutions to issues that may arise in the scenario.

That's been my experience in group interviews anyway (not Coles) and I've always gotten jobs from them.

Chelli

FYI members, the OP posted in 2010, so it is possible they will not respond.

Regards

Chelli

AsperHacker

Zombies are among us.

• Like 2

Coffeegirl

I hope the OP's nephew got the job.

Back in 2010.

Ghost thread. :)

• Like 3

amaza

Oh FFS lol. I didn't even notice.

Feral Grey Mare

Nephew might be running the company by now.

• Like 3

Princess VFR

Hahahaha......hilarious

Dau0007

Hi i had one on one interview at Coles last wednesday. the interview for about 5 minutes. they just ask me why i want to work at coles. and my work experience. they always ask for my availability. and i said im available any time and finally they told me that they should tell me the outcome in exactly one week after the interview. it has been exactly one week and i have not heard anything from them yet. does that mean i did not get the job? im worried