Sign in to follow this  
Greeneyes78

Pajama party for a 6 year old

Greeneyes78

My DD is turning 6 next month and would like a pajama party with a small number of friends (around 6 in total) where they all come dressed in their PJ's, have some dinner, play a game and maybe watch a movie.

We are thinking of holding the party on a Friday evening from around 5pm-7:30pm: do you think this is a reasonable time? Im not sure how the parents will respond to an evening party.

I would like some ideas on what to do at the party? I was thinking of getting the kids to watch a movie but I know that a) the kids have probably seen most movies and b) they would probably be too excited to sit through an entire movie.

Do you have any ideas for games or activities?

boyohboyohboy

Umm, Pass the pillow, sorry thats all that I can think of ;)

Hope your DD has fun!

The new me

We recently had an afternoon B'day party 4.30-6 and was well received,

5-7 sounds great, especially since you will be giving them dinner, and most parents dont mind kids staying up later on a Friday night (7.30 is DD6 bedtime)

Not sure if you will really have time for a movie though, maybe you could find some shorts ie. scooby doo or old warner brothers cartoons?? DD loves them.

Have fun

allenall

My DD is having her 6th birthday party this Friday after school - 4 till 6pm.

I am planning to let them just play and eat for the first hour (hopefully won't be raining so they can play outside), with a crafty sort of table on the go in case they get bored or cold (maybe beading or decorating masks or party hats - will go to Spotlight and see what they've got). Then pass the parcel (hoping this is not to daggy or boring for 6 year olds) followed by cake and song.

I love the idea of a pyjama party! Will lock that one away for next year ;o)

Julie3Girls

I'd have no problem with an evening party, although I would do 5:30 - 7:30 because I know one of DD's friends is in after school care, and get picked up from there a bit after 5.

My DD age 9 had a slumber party last month

- we did decorate your own pillowcase. Spotlight has packs of fabric markers, bought some pillow cases 2 for $5 from kmart. The girls drew a design on paper, to get their ideas, then used the markers on the pillowcases. I then ironed each pillowcase to set the design, and they put them straight onto their own pillows .. the girls LOVED it.

Or you could do just the one pillowcase, and have all the girls add something to it, a small drawing or a message and it can be something special for the birthday girl.

- food, we had a pizza picnic on the floor. And then make your own Sundaes, which was a massive hit - ice cream, bowls with hundreds and thousand, choc bits, tiny marshmallows, mini m&ms. I meant to put out some fruit too but forgot.

I wouldn't bother with a movie with that amount of time. Do a pass the parcel, and put some music on, lots of balloons on the floor for them to play with while they dance, and they would be happy.

Oh, and since it is nighttime, and will be reasonably dark, string up some christmas fairy lights, looks fantastic.

sophiasmum

We just did this for my DD1's 7th birthday. Personally I would not have done it for her 6th because some of her friends are still 5 and I think it's a little young.

But here's what we did:

4.30-5pm - 3 of her friends arrive

5.00pm dancing statues game with her cd's

5.30pm - activity which was fabric paint pillow cases

6.00pm - pizza arrived & eaten

6.30pm - cake blow candles & serve

7.00pm - dvd 2 choices for hire & they got to choose 1 to watch

8.30pm - movie finished & DH drove them all home

partygeek

Pajama parties are great fun for girls. Here are some ideas for games to play:

The chocolate game (Dice, plate, block of chocolate, dress up clothes, knife/fork, dice). Have girls sit in a circle and throw the dice. When a six is rolled, that girl must run to the centre and dress in clothing, then proceed to cut 1 square at a time a piece of chocolate. She remains int the circle until the next six has been rolled.

Autograph a pillow using fabric paint.

Celebrity Head

Murder in the Dark/Wink Murder

Cooking: Design your own pizza, ice cream sundaes

Singstar. Air guitar contest

Glitter makeup and hair designs

Pass the Parcel. Use nailpolish version. Each girl holds/passes a nail polish bottle. When the music stops, each girl must paint one nail with the nail polish she is holding.

Friendship quizzes

Hope this helps