Sign in to follow this  
Sandra

April 06 Parents # 188

LittleDCJ

GOLD!!

Just heading up to my sister's for the boys to play with they 6yo twin cousins. Then D is having a sleepover at my mum's.

tomkatsmum

Oh i'll take SILVER!!

Haven't had a place in so long, in fact i think it's been ages since we had a new thread. Well done TINA on getting gold. Hope you and the boys enjoy your play this afternoon.

I just went and spent a lot of money at spotlight. Gosh they suck my in when they send out those spend $100 get $40 off. Oh well, i have a nice stash for my next lot of quilts which i will start next week.

Just got a message that a friend of ours had a ilttle girl this morning "Caroline Jade" can't wait to go and have some newborn cuddles on the weekend.

I got gorgeous cuddles from a friends little 3 week old yesterday. She was so sweet. Now i am really getting clucky. 2 months exactly today till our c/s date. Still praying for things to kick off by themselves though. ;)

ok, garbage guts (AKA Katelyn) has just come in declaring she is hungry after just arriving home after demolishing a whole smoked chicken wrap and a strawberry milkshake. :o we might be just about due for a growth spurt/

love to all,

sharyn

2forSuz

I'll take BRONZE ! :)

Just got home from the Hi 5 concert with Amelie, it was lots of fun. Now time for a quick lunch and then it will be time to pick up Ryan from school.

Have a great weekend everyone.

natw

Hi girls, thanks for all the congratulations for our new little baby :wub:

Here is Jemima's birth story for anyone who wants to read...it's a bit long sorry.

Woke on Sunday (my due date) with pre labour contractions! They were mild enough that I could ignore them all day. DH got home from work around 1.30pm and I sent him grocery shopping and I mopped floors, vacuumed etc and just got the house in a bit of order.

The kids were really difficult on Sunday evening and I was just hoping this meant that bubs was on their way. After they had gone to bed along with dh who was meant to get up at 3.30am for work the next day, I had a nice bath. My contractions stepped it up while in the bath but were still bearable. I was just willing it to keep going because I have had long pre labours before. Got out of the bath around 10pm and went to go to bed. Contractions were definitely stronger but would range from 5-8 mins apart and just when I would be wondering if another would even come, it would be a stronger one. Tobias woke at this point and ended up in our bed. I tried to have a bit of a sleep while getting him settled. Didn't really fancy dealing with contractions and settleing him, but before long he was back to sleep and back in his own bed.

DH wanted to know if he should ring to say he wasn't coming to work in the morning and I still wasn't sure if it was the real deal. Decided around 11pm that either way I wanted him to stay home so he organised that (he needed someone to cover his shift) and then I could relax about that at least. I had rung my sister earlier in the evening to let her know that tonight may be the night so I knew she was ready to come anytime. We eventually rung her around 1am. My contractions were now rangeing from 4-6mins apart and strong enough to need to concentrate and breathe through but I was still feeling really good and not scared at all. My sister and 2 nieces (one teenager and one a baby) arrived and got settled into bed. DH had a shower and made himself some porridge.

I had already rung the hospital and they said to come in anytime. We arrived at the hospital around 3am and were put in an assesment room to be monitered. Baby was really happy and my contractions were pretty strong but still felt easy to get through. Midwife said it was up to us what we did next (I just didn't want her to send me home lol). She could check me, leave us in the assesment room for a bit or move us straight to delivery room. After a toilet stop (I had felt really constipated tmi) we moved on to the delivery room at 4am. Contractions seems to up in intensity straight away and midwife asked what I wanted to do (bath, shower?). "I don't know, I don't have a birth plan!" I've had a water birth previously which was lovely but I didn't feel like that was the way to go. I knew I wanted the gas so she got that ready. She suggested the fit ball which instantly appealed. So from there I laboured sitting on the fit ball. leaning against the bed sucking on the gas. I got DH to sit behind me on a chair so I didn't fall off (while using the gas lol). Baby was slightly posterior so DH rubbed my lower back during contractions. He is a wonderful support person with constant reassurance of "slow your breathing, relax, you can do it, you're doing really well" He also constantly has a straw at my mouth in between contractions to keep me hydrated. At this stage we also had lots of laughs in between contractions (with me being slightly high on the gas!)

Around 5am I started with my "I can't do this" etc etc. I was now up on the bed leaning over the back. I could tell that bub hadn't turned into a better position yet. Told DH I wanted midwife to check me and she miraculously appeared in the room. I was hoping for 10cm, but I was fully effaced and only 5cm. Surprisingly I didn't feel too bad about that news, I just thought it might be another couple of hours. By now the pressure of my water needing to break was becoming unbearable and I couldn't help but moan during and in between contractions. "I'm never doing this again" came out of my mouth again (as it has in all of my labours) and DH just kept reassuring me as always. I aksed midwife if she could just break my waters. She said she could but it would be better to let it happen in case bubs hadn't turned into position yet.

I could tell my waters were close to breaking and that bubs was descending into position. My back pain had gone and been replaced by bottom pressure. When they finally exploded it was like a gun going off and my waters shot onto the floor. DH buzzed the midwife and I just remember him running around and mopping up lol. It was instant relief for me followed by a different pressure of a baby's head crowning. The midwife was there instantly telling DH that bubs was coming and to get her trolley and turn the lights on. He didn't know where the trolley or the light switches were and was running around madly. I hadn't stopped pushing from when my water broke and baby's head was out instantly followed by her body. Ahhhh instant relief! That is all I wanted! My waters broke at 5.35am and baby was born at 5.36am. I was exhausted but was keen to see what sex we had and had to ask DH several times if she really was a girl. :wub:

Jemima Claire

3.04kg

49cm

32.5cm head

She is absolutely beautiful (of course I would say that!) but Joel and Tobias are so put out by her arrival and have had a really tough week starting with Mummy not being home on Monday morning. I'm sure they would prefer she was back in my belly, but I know they will grow to love her eventually. Hannah loves her to bits and is so happy to have a sister. Jemima's new cousin was also born on the same day as her so I can't wait to meet my new nephew too.

Will post some pics soon. Need to go to bed now, Nat X

LittleDCJ

What a lovely birth story Nat. So glad to hear things went so well for you. I am sure that the boys will gradually accept their little sister and learn to love her. Take care and can't wait to see some pics.

~cackleberry~

Oh wow Nat, congrats again on the birth of your darling little girl. Sounds like your DH was a constant support to you throughout the labour. :) That final relief of having them out is beautiful isn't it? Looking forward to seeing pics. Congrats on the birth of your nephew as well, how amazing for them to be born on the same day!!

Sue, glad you had fun at the Hi-5 concert.

Sharyn, congrats on the birth of your friend's little girl, Caroline. A beautiful name. Caitie has been hungry lately too, always asking for food!!

Tina, hope the boys enjoyed their play with their cousins.

Well, Monday is the day DH starts his new job. It's been a very overwhelming week. This time last week, we didn't even know we were getting rid of the business. Poor DH is feeling like he's a failure. :( It was strange for him to be leaving yesterday after all the hard work and effort he's put into it. We know it's for the best, but just sad to end an era I guess. So nice to have him home today with us though and every weekend from now on! :)

2forSuz

Aww, beautiful birth story Nat - congratulations again!! I'm sure the boys will come to adore Jemima soon enough :) Take care and rest up!! x

~cackleberry~
HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY GEORGIA! Hope you have a great day today! How have you been Ange?

shelldar

What a fantastic birth story. You know your body and listened to it beautifully. And what a wonderful doula your hubby is. Congrats again :)

2forSuz
HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY LITTLE GEORGIA !! Hope you have a very special day :)

LittleDCJ

Happy 4th birthday Georgia. Hope you have a great day.

Can't remember if I told you all I'm starting the Body for Life for Women progamme? It's a 12 week programme which works on your fitness, diet as well as stress. You eat 6 meals a day and exercise 6 days a week. I started on Sunday and I'm doing really so far. Getting sick of counting out walnuts and almonds to eat though. My body aches as well but it will be worth it in the end. I was even brave and took some before shots on Sat night so I'll have something to compare to at the end. Not looking at losing too much weight, only a kilo or 2, but hope to tone up more, improve my diet and destress. I've also started to wean Jarvis this week so he's no on only a morning feed which will go this weekend. Pretty happy with 15 months feeding. Time for me to have my body back and be a hot mumma ;):D

I was wondering the other day if Sharyn's baby will be the last one for our group? Most of us seem pretty done with our baby making days. Or maybe Nat will go back for another ;) . It's taken me a while but I'm finally content with my 3 gorgeous boys.

~cackleberry~
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA! Hope you have a great day today. xo

LittleAnnie

Thanks Karen :) (And Sue ;) )

I'm having a pretty boring birthday - just resting as I have a rotten cold! Very nice of Aaliya to share with me I must say :rolleyes:

All well here, going to visit my new niece this weekend (well I hope so, if I can shake this cold!)

Might be time for some coffee (and maybe a mint slice whilst the kids are outside playing :D )

Babies - no more for us! DH has the snip in Jan.

Karen - just wanted to ask how your DH's new job is going? Enjoy having him home on the weekends :)

Tina - good luck with the new program, I'm jealous of your motivation to one up - I'd love the toned body, but can't be bothered with the exercise part :D

Better go, kids are fighting over who gets to blow the bubbles :rolleyes:

Take care everyone,

Linda

Freyja

Nat - welcome home with your precious bundle! Thanks for sharing your birth story. It went really well :) How are Tobias and Joel coping? I remember a community nurse telling me it takes 6 months for the older siblings to forget what it used to be like before the baby came along. Of course that doesn't mean it takes that long to adjust, just forget.

Linda - Oh, don't mention mint slice! Now I want one (or a whole packet :o)

Tina - Good luck with your fitness program. How is Jarvis going with weaning? No more kids for us - DH had the snip a couple of months ago.

Karen - How is DH's new job going? Is the family more relaxed now?

Update: Owen is loving his solids so I am working on dropping his lunch breastfeed (usually just to feed him to sleep anyway, not that he ever had much - just zonked out after 30 seconds of sucking, lol) so I can go back to work :dance: It's only one day a week as a casual (different school) doing support work - helping kids one-on-one with reading. Lovely, stress-free work. It will be good to get out for one day as well as earn a little bit of money. I am in the process of finding a family daycare place for him which is hard. I want to work but feel bad leaving him. At least it's only one day.

I've got my last 1-2 kg of baby weight to lose so am now back on track after gaining a kg over the easter/holiday period. It's good to have DH back and work and Sophie at school so I can get back into routine for exercise and better eating. It's also nice to be fitting back into my old clothes. It's just the really fitted jeans that are a bit tight when I button them up atm.

It was our 9th wedding anniversary yesterday :grin: We never buy pressies as we usually go out instead but yesterday Dh surprised me. We were both stressing as Owen was needing his dummy at bedtime and we couldn't find one then DH says "I think there was one on that lounge near the cushions" so I lifted up the cushions and there was a pandora box with a lovely 2-tone bead inside :wub: pLus a toblerone as I had been craving one the day before, lol. We are going out to dinner on Sat. night to celebrate.

Plus it's my baby girls 4th birthday. Where did 4 years go? I can still see the little baby in her face when she's asleep. Makes me want to cry.

That's me atm. Hope you are all well and enjoying the great weather (well, great in Sydney :thumbs: )

2forSuz

Happy 4th Birthday, sweet little Rose !! Hope you have a very special day today.

Kristy - oh I know what you mean about them still looking so little when they're asleep. Even at 4 I still think of Amelie as my baby girl. Four years have just flown by. One day of work sounds perfect for you plus Owen will have fun playing with other kids at daycare I'm sure.

At home with Amelie today, thank goodness my working week is over. We're off to meet a friend for lunch, then taking Ryan to swimming after school. Better get a wriggle on. Hope everyone is well :)

~cackleberry~

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY ROSE!! Hope you have a great day sweetie.

Kristy, I know you mean about being sad when you see them growing up. I just want to hold onto it forever. Happy anniversary for yesterday. How sweet of your DH to get you a pressie and the toblerone...so cute! Yay for Owen starting to wean. Will make it easier for you to get back to work for sure. :)

Suz, sounds like you have a lovely day planned. I had swimming with Caitie this morning and have it again tonight for William.

Linda, hope you cold clears up soon.

Tina, good luck with the 12 week program, sounds wonderful.

DH is loving his new job. The change in him the past day or two has been amazing. First day was hard for him as it was all so new and different. It's hard for him (and me) to let go of something we've worked so hard towards for the past couple of years. His new job is great though, the other workers are lovely, his boss is very nice and the hours a great too. Perfect! He was home at 5.15pm on Monday night!! Unbelievable. He worked a bit of overtime on Tuesday night but was still home at 6.15pm. It's been very nice to have him home earlier. :)

I had swimming lessons with Caitie today and I have them again tonight with William. They are loving it. I went to visit mum before swimming and she was having quite a bad day. :( It's so sad to see her so confused.

tomkatsmum

Happy 4th Birthday Rose and Georgia

Happy birthday LINDA hope you had a great day.

Kaz

Sorry to hear your mum was having a bad day. It's so hard to see. I remember a similar thing with my nan and it is so heartbreaking. on the positive, each day is a new day and tomorrow could be a good day for her. Thinking of you hon. Glad to hear your DH's new job is going well. How nice for you and the kids to have him home more.

Suz

I hope you and Amelie enjoyed your lunch out, Sounds lovely. I might be wrong, but wasn't your dad unwell a while back. I was thinking about this the other day and wondering how he was going. (i might be completely off track though LOL )

Kristy

Happy Anniversary Hon. Must be a good year for dh's as mine surprised me this year too and we never do pressies. You sounds so positive about going back to work 1 day a week thats great. i hope you really enjoy your "grown up day".

Linda

Hope you are feeling better and you get to go and visit your gorgeous little niece.

Tina Your program sounds really positive i hope you enjoy doing it. Hope you and the boys are well. reading your facebook post sounds like jarvis is a cheeky little monkey! LOL.

Nat Thank you so much for sharing your birth story. It sonds like such a positive experience for you and your DH congratulations again. Can't wait to see a pic of the delightful miss Jemima. Your little one was the second Jemima i know of born in the last month. It's such a gorgeous name. xoxo

Shell Hi. How are you going hon? busy as ever i imagine with work and the kids. Hope you are well.

ME

well i have finished work and that is great. BUT i just found out today that my school doesn't pay mat leave until the baby is actually born. Previously (different school and sector) you just got paid for 14 weeks from when you finished work. It's not that big of a deal, just a bugger as i wasn't expecting no pay for another 8 weeks.

I have been having some "good" BH's this week which is a new experience for me as i didnt have any with the other two at all. Baby is very active which is also reassuring. I have reached the hard to get comfy to sleep stage, and am even considering sleeping the recliners as it is more comfy.

I feel even busier now i have stopped work than i was before and thomas is being a right little prat at the moment which is making things hard. He has obviously got great negotiating skills which he has been working on at school, but he has decided to bring them home int he form of "if you don't let me do xxx then i am not going to to do yyyy....." and those kind of ultimatums. for everything from doing his chores to getting dressed. It is doing my head in.

Oh well. Katie is very excited about turning 4 in two weeks. we're not having a party or anything she has asked for it just to be our family and to go out for breakfast (pancakes at mcDonalds LOL ), go out for coffee after her swimming lesson and then her choice of dinner. EASY!! done done and done. LOL. She is right into dance at the moment so we have got her a leotard and skirt for dance lessons and probably a new colouring book or book on cd.

The more i look at her lately and her participation in the classes she does (dance and swimming) and the learning of her brothers prep readers i think she is going to be ready for school next year, but being in VIc we can't send her.(cut off end of april her birthday is may 3rd) She will do kinder at the daycare 2 days a week , but wondering what else i will be able to do to keep her occupied. Has any one else been in this situation?

Ok, Dh and katie have just arrived home so had better go and get diner organised.

Love to all,

Sharyn

2forSuz

Sharyn - wow you have a good memory! Yes dad was unwell but it was this time last year, first with a badly infected gallbladder and then a month later, he collapsed and they found his heart rate was too slow and he had a pacemaker inserted. He's doing great now, one year on. Just shows you how fast time goes hey?!

Bummer about them not paying maternity leave until after bubs arrives :glare: Cheeky little Tom, sounds like he's keeping you on your toes lol. Katie has made the birthday preparations easy eh? :) Hope you can manage to get a good night's rest, I remember sleeping in the recliner on one or two occasions when preg with Amelie :tongue:

Karen - that is wonderful that your DH is settling in really well at his new job. You and the family must be thrilled to have him around more. Sorry to read about your mum, it must be very upsetting :( How is Caitie enjoying swimming? I must organise something for Amelie.

Going off to watch Army Wives that I recorded Tues night, love that show but it's now on at 12.30am :wacko:

Freyja

Sharyn - Oh, Sophie is the same as Tom :rolleyes: She's forever giving me ultimatums and I'm forever telling her I don't do deals, lol. Although I guess 'consequences' can seems like deals/ultimatums to a 7 year old. The maternity leave sounds unusual. I guess it all works out the same in the end though. As for keeping a pre-schooler entertained before school - who knows??? I'm secretly counting down the days til I can send Rose as I can't stand the cut up bits of paper all over the house (aka 'craft) any more. Maybe 3 days in kinder? Then throw in playgroup and there's 4 busy days.

Suz - Do you have iQ? LOVE it in our house :D Means I can watch all my shows while I'm fresh and awake the next day - on the lounge breastfeeding ;)

Kaz - How lovely your family is enjoying the new timetable. I love watching the kids do their swimming :) Sh always offes to take the girls so I can have a break at home but there's no way I'm missing out on watching them - its my 'proud mumma' time of the week! Sorry about your mum :(

OKay, wish me luck - I'm about to take Owen and Rose for their needles. I HATE the 4yo needles. So far I've told her she's getting medicine for big school. She hasn't asked HOW she gets the medicine yet...

2forSuz
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAZ !! Have a wonderful day :)

~cackleberry~

Thanks Sue! :D

Had a wonderful day yesterday. Started with getting breakky in bed, then we took Cameron up to the school to hop on a bus for school camp. He comes home tomorrow. DH bought me a Wii game called Fast Food Panic and I love it. Spent most of the morning playing that and then off to my MIL's house. She looked after the kids while DH and I went out for a lovely lunch at The Pancake Parlour. My MIL helped the kids decorate some cupcakes while we were away and then they all sang Happy Birthday to me when we returned. It was very sweet. Caitie kept telling everyone 'it's my mummy's birthday today'. Cameron made me a paper crown before he left for camp. Aww. We got back home around 5pm.

We went to the Anzac Day memorial on Sunday. William is in cubs and Michael is in scouts. Michael lowered the flag for it, very proud of him! It was my dad's b'day on Sunday, so we went out for dinner to Castellos in Berwick (Mel, Shell, Kirsten....you guys would know of that place i'm sure! :) )

Well, in the middle of getting William organised for school here, so i'll leave it there. Hope everyone else enjoyed their long weekend. :)

Polaris

Arrrgh, I am finding it so hard to keep up already. I know that I said I would post more but I never seem to have any time. Well DH is out this morning, I am still in my PJ's and I really should be doing some study as I have a busy day ahead. Oh well I am hoping that everything will fall into place (as I have been hoping for like the last week ;) ).

Okay so things here are going well. DH is on the slow mend still, we had a few troubles last week with the line being a little blocked so he wasn't getting his full dose of antibiotics but now we flush the line each night at each change. The weekly visits into the city are a bit of a drag but I think that there are only two more to go.

Eylee got her 4 year needles the other day. She did so well with the first one - just a small look of concern as she was looking at me, but the next one I had to get DH in for. From there it was nothing but drama and tears - the poor thing. Thank goodness the next lot isn't until she is 12. I don't think the boy will have the same problem but who knows.

Raife is going well. He actually went to bed last night by himself - but that was after he kept on coming out into the lounge room with an arm full of toys. But after about an hour of going back and forward he finally got the message, or he was just so tired he just zonked.

Kaz - Happy Birthday for the other day, sounds like you had a wonderful day. I went to a local ANZAC day service too with DH and BIL although I must say BIL's medals put mine to shame. We had a lovely time (although Raife just wanted to swing on the swings) I would have loved to been able to go out and have a chat to some of the older diggers and shout a drink or two.

Kristy - Happy anniversary for the other day! Yes I am starting to hate the 4 year needles too - how did she go? How was Owen with his? You poor thing two kids getting needles in one hit!

Sue - I hate how they do that with good shows. I liked watching a show on fox 8 called Blood ties - a vampire show, but they always put it on so late and I could never be bothered to stay up and watch it.

Sharyn - yeah on finishing work but bummer on not getting paid until you have the baby. That is so cute Katie wanting to go out for breakfast. Eylee wanted a party - which we had with some of her friends from day care 'no boys mummy'. But I think that next year it will just be a family thing - it is just too much to have a party each year for them (not to mention costly).

Linda - Happy birthday for the other day, hope you were able to shake your cold!

Nat - love the birth story, good on you!

DH and I had tossed around the idea of having another baby but because DH is not really in a 'good place' at the moment the timing is not right and we have both decided that after 30 is a no go zone so this will probably be us now. There is a small part of me that is disappointed but the practical side of me says that it is really for the best, logistically and financially.

Okay so it has been a long time since I have added photos but here goes:

Eylee in a pink dress I made for her

Raife having a 'chino', and helping daddy make his

Hopefully they worked, they are the most recent photos that I have of the kids as I have heaps to download off the camera. I NEED MORE TIME!!! ;)

Okay gals - lovely chatting and will be around more often.

hugs to all

LittleDCJ

Dee - The links to your photos didn't work :(

Karen - So glad to hear you had a great birthday.

BBL to do a proper post.

LittleAnnie

Hi everyone.

Firstly, Happy Birthday for yesterday Karen :D Sounds like you had a lovely day. Bet it was nice to have your DH around for the weekend!

Dee - lovely to hear from you. Both Eylee & Raife have grown so much. They look alike!

Tina - Hi! How are your 3 lovely boys (well, 4 when you count your DH!)

Kristy - how did the needles go? We had to take Isla & Elii at the same time too - not fun!

Sharyn - must be nice to have finished work. Have you thought about enrolling Katie into 4yo kinder? It is a lot different to childcare, Elii even now loves 3yo kinder a lot more than childcare.

Us - well we had a pretty exhausting long weekend. Elii cam down with gastro Thursday night, and couldn't keep anything down, including water & gastrolyte icy poles. So Sat morning DH took him up to hospital, and he ended up being admitted as he kept vomiting even after the naso-gastric tube was in :( So I spent a lovely night with him in the hospital, but luckily by the morning he was much better and we came home after lunch. He is back to normal now thank goodness. Unfortunately Isla caught it and was vomiting Sat night, but luckily has not got it quite as bad. I'm home with her today, and she has managed to eat brekky to fingers crossed she will be happier by tomorrow!

I better go and try and clean this house - it's an absolute pigsty after the weekend. You can probably imagine how much washing we have been doing too - we managed to use all the towels in the house between Isla & Elii :rolleyes:

Linda