Sandra

November 06 Parents # 137

~*~Tracey~*~

Morning girls

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We had an OK one. We are all sick and Simon now has manflu - god help me.

Erica - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! How exciting.

Tam - oh I hope your liver thing doesn't happen again. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Rubes - where have you been???????? You have been MIA with me for a while! Glad you found another doctor that could give you some answers and help the kids out.

Blish - glad you could speak to your DH and get things sorted a bit. Hope you guys get to reconnect a bit and you can feel a bit more appreciated.

Us - well we are all sick again, except at the moment Kaitlyn for a change. Hayley has a chest infection that just won't go away and her asthma has come back as well. She is on another lot of ABs but is happy and bright enough, so it is just a matter of getting it gone. Simon has manflu and has been a right royal pain in the a*se all weekend. Seriously you would think he was dying! I got over it and then got another sore throat so not happy jan.

We went and saw my best friend and her bub on the weekend. She is 9 weeks old and it is the first time I have seen her. We have been so sick I didn't want to go near them with it and get the baby sick. She is gorgeous although she can't be put down for more than 10 mins at a time as she just starts screaming. My poor best friend is a bit over it at the moment, but she seems to be coping - just.

OK well here are a couple of pics of the girls I have taken recently.

Photo0135.jpg

This was at her first ever birthday party

Photo0134.jpg

Same party

Photo0154.jpg

I took this on Sunday

Photo0151.jpg

and another

Hope they aren't too big.

Anyway have a good day girls :waves:

Hypnic Jerk

Maeve is driving me nuts, Haven't read up in ages sorry. She's crook, but OMG the tantrums.

If the main symptom is just cranky bloody behaviour is there much point in going to the docs? Had her on panadol/neurofen over the last few days but the temp has all gone, and she can be happy and quiet, but she sees me or something she wants and goes all sooky.

She also has a runny nose and had a viral infection a few weeks ago.

Seemed fine this morning, then the tantrums started.

Waves to everyone. Sorry I've been awol.

Hypnic Jerk

And another question sorry - who's routinely carrying around their 3 year old?

~*~Tracey~*~

Brooke - hell no, she has 2 legs she can walk plus I have a 9 month old to carry around.

hawkchick

Gorgeous pics, Tracey - thank you for sharing them.

Brooke - no, I don't carry Elora around all that much. We do have stairs and she's a little scared of them so in the mornings I do tend to carry her downstairs. That's about it though.

Stacymoo

Hi girls.

Hope everyone had a happy easter. We took Jaiden & my neice camping where my parents were on the Murray river about 2 hrs drive north & had a fab time. It was Jaiden's first ever camping trip & he loved it. :D The only thing he didn't like was the porta-loo, he flat out refused to use it so become a little constipated & cranky the first day & then had 2 poo accidents over the time away but we were not bothered about it. The poor thing, I even told him it was ok to do it in his pull up but he wouldn't do it. :( We were originally only staying 1 night but had such a great time we stayed 2. My parents & their friends have everything set up like a solar shower, seperate wees & poos toilets, kitchen etc so it was like camping classy style. :grin: Plus there were 2 little girls there aged 6 & 4 & all the kids played well together. Sunday morning we did a easter egg hunt. The other parents had a bunny footprint cut-out & used baby powder to make foot prints all around the camp & the kids followed the prints to find the eggs. It was hilarious watching them. :lol: Then we went to a fab market in town & had a lovely pub lunch as it was also my mums birthday easter Sunday. :wub: She was rapt to have us there to share her day. I have some pics & will try to upload them later.

Erica – congratulations on your pregnancy news! :D And WTG Angus riding a bike on his own. Clever boy.

Blish – all your pics have been great. Can't wait to catch up again.

Tracey – sorry to hear you are all sick again. Aren't men the worst when they are sick. :rolleyes: Love all the pics. Hayley is growing up so fast.

Brooke – hope Maeve is doing better now. I hardly ever carry Jaiden. He is 21kgs now so he is getting too heavy for that!! :o

Jaiden has loved having his cousin here all school holidays. And guess what.............he is finally riding his bike with training wheels! :dance: We have been trying to teach him for months & April get's here & within a day he is doing it. Little bugger. ;) It is so cute watching him zoom around the verandah. It is amazing how confident they get so quickly. We have put up a few barracades though as our verandah is not fenced the whole way around. But he slows down at the corners & seems to be doing it safely...under our supervision ofcourse.

AF arrived yesterday. We have decided to take another month off from IVF & destress a little more. I am seeing a Homeopath next week just as a whole body haul thing not just IVF related as my skin is really bad, I have put on heaps of weight & just feel a little odd. I did her questionare online & it come up with high readings for hypothyroid & ovarian dysfunction. :huh: Not sure what all that means but I am sure she will discuss it with me on Tuesday. I can claim it through my health insurance so if it doesn't seem to do much I won't be out of pocket too much.

Jaiden & April have been at my parents house the last 2 nights! This is the longest Jaiden has been away from us & I am missing him badly today. But I have also enjoyed some time alone with DH & got heaps of business stuff done like filing etc that I have been putting off forever. We went out for Indian last night & it was so nice to not worry about Jaiden getting bored. :D They took him to his first ever movie in a cinema & mum said he loved it & sat through the whole thing eating popcorn & drinking coke! :lol: They saw How to Train a Dragon. Yesterday they took them to the Healesville Sanctuary & had a picnic lunch & had a ball. I love it that he likes spending so much time with my folks & I know that he is safe with them. Today they are seeing my sister & the kids for lunch & I will pick him up this arvo. I can't wait. :D

OK better go & have some brekky. I will try to get those pics on later. Hi to everyone else I missed. :waves:

~*~Tracey~*~

Hi girls

Just quickly

Stacy - I had to laugh when you said Jaiden is 21kg......not the fact that he is 21kg but the fact that Kaitlyn is only 11.9kg!!!! I knew she was skinny and small but that is ridiculous :lol:

boo boos mumma
And another question sorry - who's routinely carrying around their 3 year old?

Reanna likes to be carried from her bedroom in the mornings sometimes if Ive woken her and she is tired or if she is really tired and wants to be picked up for a cuddle but other than that she wont let me carry her as she just wants to do her own thing...

She is 14.2kg and I know its not enough for her age but she was always a small kid. Gosh I was getting a lecture about Aiden's weight when at 12months he wasnt quite 10kg, I laughed and say that Reanna was over 1 1/2 before she even reached 10kg lol....so 11kg tracey OMG Kaitlyn weighs less than Aiden (he is over 12kg so nearly catching his sis).....but what can u do?? If they dont put on the weight thats just sometimes their bodies hey?

Im feeling really blue today. I wont bore u

Edited by amaratae

hawkchick

Tam - hope you're ok honey. {hugs}

Stacymoo

Hi girls.

Back with some pics:

P4030109.jpg

Playing on the river bank. The sand was great.

P4030102.jpg

First time fishing with dad & poppy

P4050160.jpg

Koala in a nearby tree

P4040134.jpg

Our little easter bunny :D

P4060182.jpg

Playing dress up with April

I weighed Jaiden again this morning & he is 19.2kgs so he has lost weight since we got back from Bali. Funny how the boys are so much bigger than the girls! :lol:

It is our 6th wedding anniversary today. :wub: Just having a relaxing day with the family.

Edited by Stacymoo

Stacymoo

A few more pics :D

P3210066.jpg

On April's motorbike with dad

P3210073.jpg

Holding a neighbours giant zucchini!

hawkchick

Stacy - happy anniversary and what lovely photos you shared - thank you! Wow, that zucchini is very impressive!

~*~Tracey~*~

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY STACY!!! (A bit late I know)

Love the pics. That zucchini is massive!!!!

:lol: Kaitlyn is so bloody small compared to all of the kids on here! Seriously I don't know where it all goes, if you knew what we fed her you would wonder why she was so small.

Tam - Reanna isn't small at all compared to Kaitlyn. As for our household, we are a bit the same. Hayley is 9kg now - she weighs what Kaitlyn did at about 2! It is hilarous! She is such a fatty (well we think she is) but she is just normal for her age. Kaitlyn is just tiny - bit like I was when I was little. We are thinking that Hayley will work it off when she starts running round with Kaitlyn, which won't be long I don't think.

Hope you are feeling a bit better today too Tam. You can always share with us you know that.

boo boos mumma
Reanna isn't small at all compared to Kaitlyn.

Reanna is a bit more in weight anyhows than Kaitlyn isnt she?? Not that it matters. I too didnt weigh much u can see how skinny i was in my pics as a toddler. My bro Wayne was soooo fat as a bub and now he is the skinniest lol.

Stacy what lovely pics there, yes the zuchini sure was impressive!!

Thanks Blish and Tracey for your concern. Yeah I had a really really bad day on Friday but it wasnt really that bad at all, just tired and preg hormones....

I just got upset after the visit with the solicitors regarding my mums will, everything is very straightforward EXCEPT for her coin collection that the family dont want to sell, they want to keep it but dont want to split it, but it has to be split so we are going to get together. When i was asked if it was sorted i said it will be soon its just that my bro has been busy with work but soon. Then the other executor (family friend who is in his 60s) asks if he should see the coins (he asked last time and solicitor said it wasnt neccesary)and solicitor its not necessary again but he could if he wished to....so the other executor goes 'oh yes I think i need to see them' WTF WHAT FOR??? they are not worth that much AT ALL, he just wants a sticky beak and to put in hints of which ones he would like (he said a month ago in front of solicitor that if no one wanted the coins HE"D HAVE THEM :o:o I said no one wanted to sell not that they didnt want the coins, he also asked the solicitor if he and I should go out to my mums house and look at whats there, solicitor said 'Um why would u want to do that when her partner is living in the house and the contents now belongs to him since it was also his in the first place'....) see he is just a sticky beak.

I dont mind showing him the coins BUT I havent been able to get much sleep or time out from the kids as Aiden is still home with me 7days (no care only sometimes) so for me to drop around and show him the coins is alot out of my way and I also felt like everyone was against me...

So when I got home I was really glum and then DH was in a bad mood and he gave me a ear full cause he had to watch Aiden whilst I was at the solicitors and then i did the food shopping (which he told me to do so he didnt have to) and said he had been cooped up in the house with the kids all week, it was total crap, I had been home with the kids EVERYDAY all week apart from Easter Sunday when I went to the wedding but I had to come home TWICE to sort out Reanna and Aiden because they played up on their dad. Oh sorry on Thurs he had Reanna for 40mins when I had to take Aiden to the docs which was HIS SON TOO.

MORON!!

I didnt speak to him all day and all night and I ended up bawling my eyes out in the bedroom right when Dh was coming in to apologise and grovel. I told him my life was worth nothing and I was a bad mum and I dont have my family that care for me like they used to. And I told him i am sick of his moods.

He really did a good job at grovelling and took us all out for the day on Saturday for lunch in a different town and we took the kiddies to this fab park, it was just what i needed, a family day out.

So since then DH has been good and im back to my usual normal self just a really bad day....

FUnny how it hits u suddenly but hey?? Like u wake up thinking u will have a good day but it only takes one or two ppl to really ruin it....

Anyhows I had a good day today as a friend came over for a visit with her bub and 3yr old and Reanna was so excited.

Had a party at my bros on Sat for SILs mothers 60th and my SD left early. He told me last night on the phone that my bf's DH sat close by to him and on 3 occasions he called out 'So Geoff have you found another woman yet or what?' WTF :o what a moron, my mum died 6months ago and he is asking a very frail grieving man if he has found a woman??

He doesnt want me to say anything but pigs ass im not gonna, ive already told my bro and im going to confront him and tell him to keep his mouth shut and use some damn brains because its my nieces bday party next and I wont have it happen again.....d***head.

Ok that was a vent ha ha ha. hOpe u all are doing well. Gotta buy AIdne some shoes tomorrow to fit his big feet, fun fun.

Chat soon xxoo

hawkchick

Tam - I completely understand. That's how I was a couple of weeks ago when I just lost it with everyone. I don't think we realise the havoc that hormone changes cause in our bodies. I can go from mild mannered sweetie to psycho b**ch in two seconds! And this only just started happening 2 weeks ago.

Us - well, back to school yesterday. I went to see Tripod at the Comedy Festival on Sunday night. It was so awesome I'm going back tonight. So I won't be home until well after midnight and I'm hopeless without sleep.

Elora was OK at kinder today, although I'm worried about her having a toilet accident...

After being just about there re toilet training 2 months ago, she has regressed and wees/poos in her pants all the time unless I physically take her to the toilet. Why oh Why couldn't I crack it for at least one child who was easily toilet trained!?!!?

The weird thing though is that during the night she gets up and goes by herself...

DH has an appointment on 20th April with a surgeon to discuss a vasectomy. Just this morning I swallowed the pill and then whilst brushing my teeth brought up some phlegm (sorry for too much info) and then noticed the pill had come up with the phlegm and went down the sink! So I took another pill from the end of the packet.

I just made some yummy apple cakes from that book "Feeding Fussy Kids" - it has healthy recipes that kids supposedly like. So far I've made the vegetable fritters, home made wedges, apple cakes and iron biscuits and a couple of protein drinks. So far so good.

Have a great week everyone

Hypnic Jerk

Maeve is now calling Jordan "Jornah"

spent yesterday throwing a balloon around the house saying "crap". Ooops, now where did she get that from :whistle:

Stacymoo

Hi girls.

Tam - hope you felt better after your little vent. Sometimes I feel that when I leave Jaiden with DH it is like a babysitting duty but I as the mother am supposed to just do it all the time without complaining. And then he wonders why I am so happy when I do get some childfree time! :glare: The men really do get the best end of the deal regarding kids as far as I am concerned. Hope the stuff with the coins get's sorted out soon.

Tracey - Jaiden has always been above the 75% for most areas since born. Even though he is 19kgs he isn't a chubby boy at all. DH looked up what weight he should be by the guidelines for this age & he is right on the highest number. He is tall & just filled out all over. We walked past a prep boy yesterday walking home from school & Jaiden was as big as him! :lol: DH is 6ft 2 so I am sure he will be a tall boy too. It is funny though that Hayley is the weight that Kaitlyn was at 2. :lol: Kaitlyn must be a fine precious little thing. :wub:

Blish - glad you had a good time at the comedy festival. We didn't end up going to any of the shows. Wonder why Elora has slipped a little with her TT? What a shame as she was doing so well. I am sure she will be fine again soon. I found Jaiden took a couple of days to get back into pooing on the toilet again after we got home from camping. He pooed his pants twice but now seems to be ok again. That will be great if DH get's a vasectomy. No more pill.....whoopee! I might have to get some of those recipes off you when I visit next. Jaiden has gone very fussy again & is living on macaroni & cheese, fish & chips, strass sandwiches, french toast & scrambles eggs. Oh he doesn't mind a roast chicken with roast vegies but refuses to eat peas & corn now. :rolleyes:

Brooke - how cute of Maeve. Had to laugh at her saying "crap" as Jaiden has got that off me too. :blush: He now knows a few swear words unfortunately due to DH & MIL being chronic swearers. :angry: They just say it in normal conversation....just that sort of family, but they have been alot better than they used to be. If he hears anyone say a naughty word he says "hey don't say that naughty word!" & if you ask him what are the naughty words he says "b**ch, I don't care, shut up, ass, bullsh*t & fu*k". :blink: We have to be careful not to laugh as I know it is wrong but it sounds so cute coming from his mouth. :lol: I feel terrible that he knows these words. My g/f just told me on Wed night that neither of her boys aged 5 & 4 have EVER said a naughty word. I felt like a bad mum then. :(

We have been good apart from a little stress with the purchase of that investment property. We found out on Tuesday that a new Water Board Authority wants a 60m reserve right across the property from east to west as there is a drainage easement there. If they stand firm on this we will loose 10 blocks & it will not be worth developing it. Our civil engineer said he will need to meet with them to discuss but won't be able to get a meeting for a few weeks. So DH called the agent & was upfront with him & said we need a extra 4 weeks to finalise the deal (as we still have until the 20th for subject to finance) & if the vendor wants to sell he should give us the extension otherwise our finance will fall through & he will lose the sale. Our finance is all dependent on the valutaion of the property & obviously it won't be worth as much as we are paying if the reserve has to be done. We are now waiting to hear back from the agent. :huh:

Jaiden went back to kinder & creche & loved it as usual. It makes me so happy to leave him there knowing he is having fun.

I went to a homeopath on Tuesday. We are probably not going to go back to IVF until September so I thought I would visit her & see what way she could help in a natural way as I have been feeling a little off in general & this weight I have put on in getting me down. :( Anyway after a 1.5hr consult & lot's of questions she thinks I have a low thyroid - hence the weight gain even though I am exercising so much & other symptoms like coldness, dry hair & skin/acne & mood swings. After taking my basal body temp for the last 3 mornings she is probably right as I was under 36.4 each day which is a major sign of low thyroid. I will email her today & see what step is next now. But in the meantime for pre-conception she also put DH & I on fish oil & to put DH back on a multi vitamin, Menevit & Vit C for sperm production. Plus cut out sugar & lose weight & start exercising. He has lost a few kilos since eating better & is determined to do the most he can for a better chance to fall in naturally. She gave me a homeopathic rememdy to calm & energise me but otherwise said I am doing great, eating well, exercising & generally look fit & healthy & couldn't really fault me. :blush: She feels that alot sits with DH regarding good quality sperm which I do agree with. I am not looking for a miracle but figure it can only help.

Went out for dinner with 3 girls I used to work with on Wed night & had a ball. Didn't get home until midnight. :o It was just one of those really great nights where the conversation flowed & we all had a few laughs which was nice. I have known 1 of them for 20 years & the other 2 for 10 years. It is great that we all still get along & make the effort to catch up. :D

OK better run. This has been a mamoth post. :lol: Hope everyone has a great weekend.

boo boos mumma

Hey Girls,

I am so devastated and furious!!

My chi went into labour this morning, I noticed a sac was coming out but she was struggling to push it out. So vets said to come in.....vet had to go out somewhere so he said to leave her and he gave her two needles and said she may need a c-sec.

Stupid me trusted him, I walked out and trusted that he would look after my girl but I was ****ING WRONG!! DONT EVER EVER assume that a vet gives a flying **** about your dog in pain or her unborn litter, HE DOESNT.

he said they would ring this arvo. By 5pm I tried to call myself, but nothing, no one at surgery and no one picking emergency mobile. So I drove there and the two nurses were there...

I saw Ada who was sitting on a table with rope around her mouth (in case she snapped i guess) and she was shaking like a leaf. I was shown a dead puppy she had delivered, it was a blue fawn, the most sort after coloured chi that can ever hit the market, i have never seen such a beautiful colour in my life. Nurse Ada would have given birth to it dead at about 3 or 4pm....WTF so she was left not long after 12pm till after 4pm to labour on her own?? What if she had died??

I was told that they were waiting on the vet who would be about 1/2hr away to do a c-sec. I told her my concerns because it has been hours and hours and I know that the likely hood of the other puppies dying and also the mother are high as she could become septic, the nurse nodded. I asked if Ada was given the c-sec straight away would the puppy that is now dead possibly be alive, she said 'yes its very possible'.

I was so upset I told them I should have just told him to do the c-sec straight away and they both didnt answer me.

Immediately i drove home in tears, tears for my darling Ada who has been left to suffer ALL DAY, crying because of the dead puppy and furious that this has happened, angry I didnt speak up but as usual i just trusted the professionals, WHY AM I SO ****ING STUPID????

Now we have lost the puppy, maybe more, maybe even the mother and I am livid with anger. He will charge me the earth and not care that he could have saved the puppy. I know he had somewhere to be but he never suggested to go to the other vet or to call in his two other vets.....Im an idiot for assuming all would be fine.

I still havent heard anything, he hasnt called yet and no one is picking up. Its ****ING 8pm, i dropped her off 8hrs ago...

I am so gonna give him a serving, especially if we loose more pups OM*G!! And if we loose the mother I swear to god I will be the angriest ive been in a very long time arrghhh....

I want to break something, I cant stand animals in pain and to think when I trusted a VET he just doesnt care about my poor girl :(:(

boo boos mumma

UPDATE GIRLS:

I gave up waiting for a phone call at 8:30pm and so I drove in and nurse told me they were only just starting the c-sec....I was not a happy camper and said 'u mean she has been left to suffer all this time??' and she said 'um yes'.

I went into the vet and voiced my concerns and said i have done my research and I know how dangerous it is leaving a chi to labour so long and we may have more dead puppies and even could loose the mum.

He did all he could to sweet talk me but in the end luckily we ended up with 3 healthy pups. 2 male and 1 female. None of them are anything like the fab colour of the one that died as that one was like the ocean colour blue, OMG such a rare colour I am still devastated we lost it and possibly could have saved it :(:(

Anyhows we have mum home and she is doing well, she doesnt have much milk but she is trying and vet reckons it should come in soon but we are comp feeding to help and they are very cute.

alybel

Tam - I would be annoyed as well that the vet left your chi to labour so long in pain when she needed a c-section. That blue colour sounds amazing, I never knew there could be blue chi's.

Stacey - I really hope that the homeopath helps you, even if it is just to help you relax and de-stress a little. Can't do any harm, but sounds like she knows what she is doing :)

On, saw that a few of you were commenting on weights, Samantha is about average i think, she now weighs 15.3 kg and is quite tall. as you can see in my sig, that is her with her brother who turned 5 last week! Michael is 19 kg, lighter than Stacey's boy :) They are both around the 50% mark on the charts for height and weight. Thought they might be taller as DH is 6'4" but I think Adam might be the tallest of the lot. He is now 5 months old and is over 9 kg! He is very long as well, about 75 cm at the moment. He doesn't really look chubby though, all in proportion.

I have been very busy here with school runs and looking after Adam and of course Samantha is home with me every day. I also work at night and on the weekends so don't get much of a chance to hop on here but i do occasionally come in and read when I get a spare minute.

I am going to start the C25K program this week. (Couch to 5 km program) as I really want to get fit again. I am still 10 kg over my pre-preg weight but don't really want to diet while still breastfeeding, especially while he is not yet on solids. I have been doing Zumba classes which are so much fun :)

Well, better head off to bed as Adam has started waking up again at night, feeding 3 or 4-hourly through the night is not fun :( Hope everyone is well.

Hypnic Jerk

Great news - I've been offered work at night!!

Rach - I'll get back to you later, but he's going fine.

alybel

Congratulations on the work news :) I also work at night and it is great to not need to worry about childcare,etc.

Hypnic Jerk

Confirmed today. 6pm -11pm shifts. Minimum 3 shifts per week but in the 1st week each night.

Well, no more sex for us then.

Stacymoo

Hi girls.

Tam - oh my I feel so sorry for your dog. Hope it all works out ok. It's such a shame when awful things happen to our pets. :(

Alison - great to hear from you. Jaiden is the same as your kids - not chubby at all just tall & well proportioned. :D Glad to hear things are going well for you guys.

Brooke - congrats on the job. Had to laugh about no more sex. :lol:

Something up with J. Will be back later.