idle

idle

Edited by idle

KristyMum-

we've only ever had wholemeal bread so it's just not even an issue. Even when the kids have had white bread somewhere, they even say how it doesn't fill them up and doesn't have much 'body' to it.

We get the Regal Loaf

pretty good price and it's a large size ie doesn't shrink to the size of a stamp in the toaster LOL

AND still fits lunchboxes etc

I think it was $1.20 and now about $1.50 at IGA?

I think it's $2 at the Deli which is a good price for bread at the deli

We also do homemade foccacia (put the stuff in the breadmaker, set it to 'dough' then take it out when done and do the rest ourselves) which the kids like

As to which bread ie brand? I guess you would need to check out the labels, does preservatives etc rank high on the list, size of the loaf, thickness of the slice etc

*Caro*

I focus on the fibre content - so get wholegrain or wholemeal. I usually buy Helga's, but given how much we go through, I'm not committed to a brand, I just get wahtever is on sale. Helga's is often 4.80 but I found it today at the IGA for 2.99. Stock up when it's on sale!!

Well done for making the change, your bowel health will thank you :yes::lol:

Edited by *Caro*

Guest Cat©

Hmmm nothing to offer here but Im also going to try it! I hate buying white but tried mutli and they all refused to eat and starved, literally!!!

So Ill try the wholemeal, maybe its more palatable?