Sandra

June 06 Parents # 269

MacFeral

Snatching GOLD

4littlemonkeys

SILVER!!

seepi

Bronze!!

- hey - with two kids that won't go to bed I deserve some kind of prize.

4littlemonkeys

It sound out Rose :( Did you manage to get one?

*~*Kitty*~*
It sound out Rose :( Did you manage to get one?

I got two Rach, I can send you one since you've been such a darling!!!! :wub: Let me know if you want one, I'm not promising that it will work as nice as the pics they put up, but you're welcome to one :rofl:

MacFeral

Hi all,

Just popping in to say Hi. I'm exhausted. Isla has her last molar coming through and isn't sleeping at all well (day and night). Which means I am tired during the day and with a clingy non-sleeping child I don't feel like I'm getting much accomplished; though the days are flying.

I've been reading all your news.

Lara: I hope Angus gets better soon for you hun. I know what it's like to feel like you aren't catching any breaks.

Rose: Those looked fab. Enjoy!

Sorry, got interrupted and I've lost my train of thought. BBL.

laraq75

Kira - it is really awful when they are sick all the time. I know now how you feel because I know that Ned has been quite sick. I went to the chiro today to see if we can try something different to help him.

Sorry I have been so quiet, there just doesn't seem to be the time for eb as much anymore.

MRT

That's a great idea to try Chiro Lara, I've heard it can be excellent in little kids and surely it doesn't hurt to try something. You poor things don't seem to be able to get a break from it.

Rose fabulous news about your wedding! So can't wait to hear how it all goes and to see the photos - you have some virtual bridesmaids in us Junies!

Speaking of weddings we are off to one on KI on Easter Saturday. It's an old school mate of mine so it should be good, DH is driving one of the wedding cars. The hens night is this weekend and I'm going to go for while. I've only met the bride a couple of times but we seemed to click and one of the grooms sisters is in the wedding and I know her quite well but they are the only people I will know! I figure though if I go then we'll know more people at the wedding. The hens afternoon has a beach theme so we have to wear something beachy - not sure what I'm going to wear yet.

Work is going really well, since I've moved into the Executive Assistant role I feel as though I have a lot more balance in my life and don't have to work so frantically. I have a pool car now that is permanently allocated to me so I get to drive to and from work, it just has to be available for the rare times somebody has to go somewhere but I can live with that! They are also recommending me for $10,000 payrise in the annual salary reviews in April!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so I'm VERY happy about that.

DH has turned the corner over the last month or so and is finally back to his old self. I really love being married to him again now and feel like he has time for us and Zoe and is never grumpy anymore! The money we spent on that sleeping machine was certainly worth every single cent!

I had a blood test last week to see if I have been ovulating because we are still TTC. The Drs office rang today to say everything is great, infact my progesterone levels were high so I guess that's a positive. I have another blood test on day 3 of the next cycle and then I guess we take it from there. DH and I talked last night about wether we will go down the IVF path if we need to - the jury is still a bit out with that.

Zoe is 3 going on 18! Man she knows what buttons to press sometimes. Overall though she really is a delight to have around and these days I find her excellent company. She loves going to Cafe's for lunch which is really cute. We are still having issues with her toileting though and some days it's 3 accidents a day! Mostly though when she doesn't want to stop what she's doing to go to the toilet. She loves cooking and would make cupcakes every day if I let her. She rarely eats them though just likes making them. Actually I think it's the licking the bowl part that she likes the best!

Ok well that turned into a mamoth post - can you tell I don't want to fold the mammoth pile of washing in the laundry?????

Edited by MRT

C.C.S.

Hello!!

Sorry been MIA again.... Back at work. All is going pretty well though Seth still has Eczema pretty bad, we are off to Brisbane to see a Dermatologist on the 26th (Friday week). Hopefully he can help.

We're a bit windy here - Cyclone Ului (or whatever it's called) is headed our way and expected to make landfall around Sunday morning.. we're off the coast a fair bit so should only really get the wind and rain - not the full brunt of it... time to batton down the hatches!! :)

Hope everyone is well, I'll try and get back in the next couple of days to do a proper catch up!

Cheers

Char

4littlemonkeys

Hi girls,

Still here. Busy as a beaver as always.

Only 2 weeks til Easter and I can't wait to have a long weekend!!

BBL

laraq75

Can somebody slow down my life so I can take a breath!!!!

friendly68

Hi Girls,

Was missing chatting with you girls, so thought I'd pop in.

Rach - thanks for the lovely comments in the last thread. Actually I was thinking of you the other week, I had a few questions about the boys. For the life of me can't remember exactly what they were, nothing serious, just fluffy stuff from memory.

Char - hope you survived Ului okay. My brother & SIL live at Prosperpine (well basically), they only had trees come down on their fences, and were still without power on Tuesday. But they said they were really frightened by the winds and thought their front door was going to explode.

Mell - great to hear about your DH. Good luck with the TTC.

Rose - congrats on the wedding too.

Lara - sorry to hear you have illness too. I hope your little man is better soon.

We're doing well, although we have now had our first illness in twelve months, and our second & third illness too! I think I mentioned Morgan's first temp just a week before her birthday, and the cold we all got just before their birthday too. Would you believe we got another one last week, followed by gastro. I'm feeling better today, but DH came home with the headache & tiredness bit of it that I had yesterday, the last little hurrah of that virus hopefully. My house is a mess and needs a massive cleanup.

Once we are well enough, I will have to get on to getting the girls their 12mo needles. Which will be a bit of a pain as we may need to do them in hospital - the GP doesn't want to do it because the girls are allergic to egg. The MMR used to be grown in eggs or something, anyway that is outdated according to our allergist and paed and there is no reason the GP shouldn't be able to just do it in their rooms. The paed went on to say, if the GP won't do it, let him know and he would organise for us to do it in hospital - so obviously he does not want to do it either. Anyways fun fun for me again. By the time the girls get theirs, Caden will be due for his 4yo booster.

I was also going to identify with those of you mentioned your 3yo are going on to their teen years. Caden is funny, I told DH that I am sure he is just saying what I want to hear some times. Like I tell him something and it's like "yes mum" with that real teenage ring to it.

Anyways better get going.

MacFeral

Lara: I know how you feel

Shaz: I hear you on both the sickness and teenage thing.

Pottering along here. Still trying to get to the gym (I've started Pilates classes now as something different). Still running around trying to clean up after the kids, which is near impossible these days.

We are going to the Easter Show this year. Its so funny, Ned is so excited even though he has no idea what it is (I don't think he remembers) but mainly because he knows that there will be a robosaurus there (he saw an ad for it). I think Isla will love it. She is very animal oriented.

She has fallen in love with a beagle at the pet shop and we visit it twice every time we go there, once at the start of the shopping trip and again at the end. She also has to say goodbye to all the other animals (fish birds, rabbits etc). It's very cute though time consuming. Its the only time she is happy when shopping as she has hit the terrible twos a bit early and usually screams and throws a tantrum the rest of the time. Shopping isn't fun atm.

Sorry, went a bit off track there.

See you later.

Guest philbysgirl

:waves: Junies,

I hope you all have a safe and happy easter. :D

Xanadu25

Happy Easter to all the Junies. Hope you are enjoying your long weekend and looking fwd to lots of chocolate. ;)

This little Junebug has already done some taste testing.

P1014277.jpg

Guest philbysgirl

Cute photo and sig. Susie. :happy: The look on Jack's face is priceless! :D

laraq75

Hi girls,

long time no hear.

We had a lovely easter with the IL's down the coast. I actually didn't want to come home after being there for 5 nights. But I had to come home because I drove to Sydney for the day on Tuesday after Easter to see my cousins newborn baby.

Other then that nothing much happening.

I hope everybody is enjoying school holidays.

Rach - I hope you are enjoying your first school holiday experience.

Seepi - happy maternity leave.

hugs

Lara

C.C.S.

Good afternoon!

Wow it's been quiet in here! I'm flat out as usual and have had no pc at home until recently so have been using my phone to access the net - not too easy on EB.

Just after some opinions - we're road tripping end of May - beginning of June and were hoping to go and see some snow briefly.

1. Do you think it will snow that early?

2. Where would you go? Cooma/Thredbo etc

3. Where would you stay? Limited budget - 3 adults + 2 children

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Char

seepi

HI Char,

you are brave, road tripping.

You could stay at Adaminaby = it is quite nice and has other activities, in case there is no snow - like horseriding and walks and fishing.

Or Jindabyne, which is very close to Thredbo/Blue Cow etc.

Staying 'on snow' at places like Thredbo costs as much as going overseas, and not much to do there if there is no snow.

I'm not sure if there'll be snow at the beginning of June - you could be lucky.

Cass

MacFeral

Char, you could get lucky. One of our best weekends at the snow was the long weekend in June one year and it bucketed (this was prior to kids). I agree with Cass, staying at Thredbo can get very $$$ so if you do want to stay there you need to research first. Cooma isn't a "destination" type place, so I'd probably go Jindabyne if you are on a budget as it is close to the two big resorts but there are other things to do (fishing, movies, shopping etc) if there is no snow.

Guest pbgirl

:waves: Junies. :happy:

I can't believe our first Junie is turning 4!!!!!!!!!! :blink: are you giving him a party Susie?

Edited by pbgirl

Xanadu25

Hi all,

hasnt that gone fast. Yes, little family party on Sunday.

Bit sad because every year he gains, so do I :unsure:

But I get to have cupcakes to compensate :tongue:

To celebrate, you can all have the day off on Monday

Susie

MacFeral

LOL Susie, I hope you all have a fabulous day :)