June 06 Parents # 268

*~*Kitty*~*

GOLD!!!

~gemma~
SILVER
Edited by ~gemma~

MRT

Bronze for me

The trip to KI was well worth it! We arrived at the place lunch was and everybody else was there already and my Aunty says to me well you should probably walk in first. I said I was thinking last and Dad agreed so they all casually walked in and I just followed at the end as though I was supposed to be there and Grandma spun right out! She couldn't believe we were there and said "what are you doing here" to which I replied I thought I'd come and say happy birthday. She asked when we arrived and when we were going home and when she realised that I really had arrived that morning and going home that afternoon she was really thrilled. So it was absolutely worth it.

The place we had lunch at doesn't normally do lunch but open for groups so we had the whole place to ourselves, like one of my Auntys' said it was like having it at home but you don't have to do all the work. My brother proposed a lovely toast just before our meals arrived so that was nice. Then the cake nearly caught on fire because my Aunty thought we needed 85 candles - part way through lighting them my brother convinced her that perhas it best we just light some of them before the fire alarms went off! Grandma tried to say thanks to us all at that point but she ended up crying she was so happy everybody was there. So I was VERY exhausted when I got home last night and it was a very long way to go in one day but so so very worth it.

And the whole day only cost me $40 for Zoe and I on the boat a coffee and 2 lollypops and that's it. Well a bit of petrol too of course but still pretty cheap. One of my friends from school drives the boat so I got to catch up with him and he said next time we are up I can take Zoe up to where they drive it from so that will be cool.

Zoe had two long sleeps in the car yesterday and slept in until 8.30 today so she's gone off to day care and I am having a house duties day.

Tomorrow there is an Australia Day breakfast and games for the kids down the foreshaw that I might go to - still deciding, I might check and see if any of my friends are going. Then we have lunch with DH's family at a pub. It's his sister in laws birthday today and nephew tomorrow so we are going to celebrate with lunch. I'm not sure what to get the sister in law as a present, we don't normally buy for DH's siblings and in laws but as we are going to lunch for her birthday I feel the need to get something. I'm thinking a bunch of flowers at this stage - open for suggestions though.

Rose - I think you should do the nursing, the entrance exam probably looks hard but I am sure you would pass easily. Like I said on facebook I think if if's something you really want to do then you should.

laraq75

Hi girls,

I did promise i wouldn't be slack but we have been busy in the past few days and yesterday i did a 7km walk and was too tired to think last night.

Rach - thanks for the recipe they look yummo. Anytime in march is good for me. I have so much catching up to do with you. JP will be away for a part of Feb and March and could get posted for a month of so soon as well. So I am open to a vist anytime.

Rose - the exercise is so good. I got the rest of my winter gymbo order for Audrey yesterday and the stuff is so gorgeous and I am happy that I decided to get size 3 pants and not size 4. You would be so good at nursing. I think you should enrol. I am thinking about doing a course as well.

Mel - so glad the KI visit went well. Angus is feeling heaps better. I hate tonsilitis.

Gem - I noticed on facebook about Jordan overnight. Well done to him.

Leah - hello stranger. I thought you had disappeared somewhere and you weren't coming back. I have missed you.

We are having lots of people here tomorrow. I am not really sure how many. I just invite people and then we have a house full. It should be great. I am going to attempt to make lamingtons today.

hugs

Lara

Edited by laraq75

4littlemonkeys

:rofl: Lara I can imagine how many people you will have at your place! Nice work on the 7km walk!! :thumbs: You should do the 4km or 8km Mothers Day classic - it is great! :)

Cool I will work out dates and send you an email! :)

DH & I just took the kids to the local big park near our place where they are having a big celebration (including swearing in ceremony for new Aussies), and it was fun. Kids went on a few rides, we got a drink each, and the kids got balloons & flags. It is pretty hot (38degrees) so we weren't there too long!

I have to study this arvo - excitement.. so better get organsied with it all.

seepi

hi all

I am about to whip up Australia Day trifle - I'm using lamingtons for cake, and blue jelly - and blueberries and strawberries, and even making my own custard. I wish I could put stacks of grog in, but noone but me would eat it then....

Cass

ps - I took Dd to the Princess and the Frog movie yesterday - she hated it... Not enough 'pwinswess' and far too much frog for her liking. And way too long. And scary bits. Not a hit at all.

Pity - they are free til 4, which i didn't know, but I can't see her sitting thru the Chipmunk movie either - looked dreadful in the shorts... why dont' they screen wiggles movies or something that might actually hold their interest??

Edited by seepi

~gemma~
Cass ~ She may sit through the chipmunks, it wasnt a bad movie!!! The Princess and the frog was a bit boring, Tahlia got fidgety at the end and there were other kids there that were running around the cinema about 20 mins in

Xanadu25

Hi all, hope you are enjoying Australia Day. Melbourne turned out lovely after all.

We all went to a bbq at a friends. Lots of kids so ours were kept amused.

They are actually renting my parents old house so it was a little strange as its where we all grew up. I was 5 when we moved there.

Mel: sounds like the visit went well to plan. Sounds like you all had a great time.

You should do the 4km or 8km Mothers Day classic - it is great!

Rach: we did the 4km one last year. Jack whinged most of the way so I'm not to keen to do that again.

Rose: not sure what I want to do. They way job descriptions are, I think I need to be put out to pasture ;) Maybe another direction is the way to go. there was a thing on EB a little while ago about a $1k grant for parents returning to work. i think a couple of you actually went for it to a while ago. i have to find out if I would qualify if I still dont have a job by June. Not sure if they would count Mat leave as not working cos technically I was employed. Its 2 yrs inc the leave or only one without.

Pity - they are free til 4, which i didn't know, but I can't see her sitting thru the Chipmunk movie either - looked dreadful in the shorts... why dont' they screen wiggles movies or something that might actually hold their interest??

Cass, is that free everywhere or just up your way?

So, is it bed time yet ??????

Susie

Edited by SUSIE25

seepi

Susie this was Hoyts, so I assume it is under four for free nationally. I tried to pay for Adele and she told me under four was free.

Gemma - someone else told me the chipmunk movie was good and their 3 yr old loved it. Maybe I'll give it a try. It looked so American on the shorts. the actual chipmunks are cute though

- My trifle turned out well, but the blue jelly looked a bit scary. I think I'll go back to normal red next time 9even if red jelly is full of nasty colouring...)

Cass

laraq75

Cass - please don't let that carseat thread bother you. I can't believe how rude some of them were. I can tell you that we are not big income earners and will not be buying a bigger 7 seat car if we have number 3. We did make sure three seats could fit across but we definitely didn't plan to get a new car. Some people are so rude. I am glad your trifle turned out. I made lamingtons and pavlova yesterday.

Susie - I think you have to be totally unemployed to get the grant. So like you I was still on leave until June even though it was unpaid but I was still employed.

Rach - it sounds like you Australia day was lovely. I look forward to inviting you to our celebrations when you move back.

Leah - how did your party go>

We had a great day with a big bunch of our friends. It was so hot but all us girls stayed inside and the blokes sat in the heat. The kids were all well behaved and I think we make the best food between all of us.

Kids are still in bed so I am assuming they had a good day. :)

MRT

Cass I took Zoe to the Chipmunks and she really enjoyed it. She had been asking though for a while before hand to see it. I thought it was ok, I didn't find it boring at all. I had to pay for Zoe though, next time we are going to a Hoyts! I love trifle, I've never made one though.

We went out to lunch with DH's family on Australia day. It's one of his sisters in law has her birthday on the 25th and another nephew's is today so it was a birthday celebration. It was a pretty nice pub actually and the kids were all really well behaved. My MIL really annoyed me though. Back on Xmas day Zoe got in her head for some reason that she was having a sleep over at Nan's place. It may have been because my dad had given her a sleeping bag not sure. Anyway when it came time to leave on Xmas day Zoe got all upset so MIL says that one day in the holidays Zoe and her cousin Charli (who wasn't there at the time) could come for a sleep over one night. That made Zoe ok about it and we went home.

Well since then Zoe has mentioned it a few times and given she's never actually had a sleep over I thought I would encourage it and run with the idea while she seemed happy enough with it. All school holidays I kept thinking that I must ring and organise it. Anyway I realised it could be any Saturday night it didn't have to be holidays but I talked to Charli's mum (who is divorced from DH's brother) and we thought maybe this Saturday would be good because Charli's dad was taking her to Nan's anyway so he could just pick her up from there.

I mention it to MIL on Saturday and she couldn't have been more disinterested. I told her it could be any Saturday it didn't have to be this weekend, I said Zoe had been asking about it, I mentioned the idea of it being a week that N had Charli but she honestly was not at all interested and hardly even participated in the conversation! I ended up saying "well you can check your calendar anyway if you want" to which she replied that she'd bought a diary this year and then when waffling on about diaries!!! I was really annoyed with her - why suggest it to Zoe if she doesn't want to do it?? Dh's family often make comments about Zoe being a bit of a Mummy's girl - that's because if she's not at day care she's with me because whenever I ask MIL to have her it's hard to tell if she's ok with it or annoyed you've asked. I only have my Aunty who I can ask to have her and she works shift work. Hence we either don't go out or take Zoe.

So now I'm not sure what to do. DH is annoyed about it too and I feel really disappointed for Zoe, not that I've said anything to her of course. But what sort of Grandma doesn't have their grandkid for a sleep over? The annoying thing is that I know she used to have all of DH's neices and nephews stay over a lot when they were little. Maybe being that Zoe is granchild number 9 she's lost interest......

It's not like we had anything planned for Saturday night it could have been any night I just thought it would be good for Zoe and she was really looking forward to it. Perhaps instead I might ask my Aunty if she'll have her one night, she'd think all her Xmas' had come if I asked her!

Sorry this probably should have gone in Venting - the venting area isn't as nice as our area though :)

Xanadu25

Mell: I think you MIL is being silly making promises flippantly. Little ones will remember and harp on it for ages. I know Jack does. One track mind if you promise. Thats why we have to be careful what we promise as he wont let it go.

Also, if mine arent in daycare, they are often with me and DH. where else are they supposed to be? Jack is only 3. tell them next time you will let Zoe play on the streets to toughen her the hell up :lol:

We had Olivias 18mth check today. I hate going to those things. I only want to know her height and weight but you have to listen to them waffle off a check list.It bothered me more with Jack but now I tune out.lol. Olivia is now 85cm (grew 7cm since 12mths), 1320gms (2kg jump) and 49cm HC. All in proportion. In the 90% for height and weight. Weight w/be after me and height w/be be Dh I reckon- :p

Just a PS on the pyscho neighbours thing I am sure a few of you saw on Fb a couple of weeks ago. This particular one threatened to harm the kids and i called the landlord immediately and he said he would do something about him as I had his name and knew who he was. Anyway, dont really trust the l/lord as he is fully in it for the money (charges $130 p/room for 5-6 rooms - why would you rent to a family?). Also found out this boarding house is for homeless drug addicts - charming. The following Monday, I went down to the local police station and reported him. The cop there rang the landlord and suggested he move this guy one. The 'Biggest loser' was gone a week later. Of course they have moved someone else in but at least he's gone. We really must move but not the best time just yet. Need to find the right house and I also need work as it would be better for a loan application. Though who is to say what the next neighbours will be like. Cant be worse than these surely.

So, is anyone doing a 4th birthday part for their Junies this year or just something lowkey?

We might just do dinner at the local. Maybe leave a party for when he is 5 and has a few prep friends by then. Too much work otherwise.

Susie

MRT
tell them next time you will let Zoe play on the streets to toughen her the hell up

This made me LOL

Yep I am having a party for Zoe this year, it will be her first birthday party since her 1st which lets be honest was more for the parents anyway. Funny thing is if I annoy her she comes out with "Mum your not coming to my party" he he who does she think is going to run the party if I'm not allowed!!!!

4littlemonkeys

Hi girls

Party - Yep we will be having a party for Isabel. Probably at the local kids playcentre. She will have all her little daycare friends, plus I have a few good friends with kids -so the numbers get high quickly! :)

Pity the kids didn't like the Princess & The Frog movie. My kids loved it. I think its cause they were there with their big cousins, and we made a big deal of it with them beforehand - and they hate their cousins thinking of them as "babies". Aidan was even up and dancing in some of the singing bits! :rofl:

I am getting my CCR on Monday, so very happy. It is nearly $2k so is better off in my bank a/c! :)

This weekend we have to buy a few more things for the boys first day of school on Monday. I am very nervous!

I have bought the boys their birthday pressies. They are getting a digi camera each. I ended up getting them a Samsung one each. They are pretty good with breakable stuff. They will love them as they love taking pics. It was a lot cheaper than the DS's they want! :lol:

Okey better go - gotta ring a friend who I have been desperate to speak to for a while

Guest philbysgirl

DD loved seeing the Princess & The Frog movie. It was her first time at the cinema so I guess she had nothing to compare it to, I wasn't bored either.

DD starts 3 year old kinder on Monday, it is only a 1 hour settling in session. I have booked her in for swimming lessons on Tuesdays and then she has her 2nd kinder session on Wednesdays. Fridays we will meet up with our mum's group so her weeks will be alot more interesting/stimulating this year, I think she really needs it.

DD isn't having a party this year. I alternate years between the kids so it is DS' turn for a party this year.

Our Australia Day lunch went really well but I was exhausted when the final guests left at 6pm. I was up at 4AM to put on the roast meat ready for lunch so it was a long day, but heaps of fun. I didn't notice how tired I was 'til the end and it took me a couple of days to recover.

I went out or tea with my Mum's group last night. We have a few big occasions we re planning this year so should be a fun year for our group. There is a 30th, 2 x 40th birthdays, our annual trip away together as families, and we are planning a weekend away just for the mummies.

Edited by philbysgirl

MotherClucker

:waves: Hi ladies!

Sarah is back at school. A new one! Was so cute. There are around 300 students at this new one (200 more than her other!) And the principal was talking to them all first thing and said there were 3 new students. Then called them up and made them say hello. Well she forgot about Sarah. So Sarah pipes up "Hey im new too" and walks up to the principal and grabs the mic out of her hand to say hello :rofl: Was priceless.

Hayley goes for a 1 hour assessment at 2. She has been driving me absolutely batty since we got up. Monday is a 12:50 start. I cant wait when I can just send them both at the same time.

I cant remember if I posted or not but they were very disinterested in Alvin and the Chipmunks! A few times they had a bit of a giggle but for the most part were just there for the popcorn and ice cream. We are "watching" Princess and Frog (thanks Rose ;) though!

Mel that is so slack of your MIL. It really gets my goat when people do that to small children. It crushes their little hearts. OH :blush: I had a dream about you and your DH last week except your DH wasn't yours it was Shaz's!! You were pregnant with a little boy. Was weird. Anyway LOL

Leah I get like that too. Come time when everyone has gone home and its like you just collapse and fall asleep before you hit the pillow! Your MG sounds fantastic! And awww at Chloe starting preschool! I bet she loves it.

No party for our junies here. Every time we drive past the RSL they hound me to go back though LOL. I think this year will be just a Hayley party with school friends (and Sarah in July)

Better go before they empty my fridge!! I forgot to lock it.

MRT
I had a dream about you and your DH last week except your DH wasn't yours it was Shaz's!!

HA! That made me LOL

Guest philbysgirl

DD loved her settling in session at 3 year old kinder on Monday. It was only for one hour but she loved it. She had a twinkle in her eye as soon as she woke up as her day had finally arrived. Today she is doing a swimming lesson and tomorrow she goes in for her second settling in session at kinder. Next week will be the full 2.5 hours on both Monday and Wednesday.

We have finally purchased a second car after our previous one died last year. It has been annoying existing with only one car and now that DH is back at work it will be such a relief to have the two again. We are getting it tonight.

C.C.S.

Hello,

I'm back, not as frequently as I'd planned though.

Well I'm on track for my weightloss this year - first week of WW down and I lost 2.3kg! I've never lost more than a kg in a week on any of the diets I've done before! Hope I still loose some this week!

Shannon - That is classic what Sarah did at school - too funny.

Leah - Yay on getting another car!

Sorry got to run... bbl.

chaz

laraq75

Char - congrats on the weight loss. I am walking every day but can't actually get motivated to diet.

Leah - glad to hear that DD settled into 3 year old kinder. Does she do another year next year or does she go straight into school?

Shan - too funny about Sarah. At least she has the confidence to do that. Do you like the new area you are living in now?

Audrey started gymnastics yesterday and she absolutely loved it. She did dancing for two terms last year and didn't really like it that much.

MotherClucker

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE AND CHAR'S DH!!!!

There are quite a few birthdays today. Wonder what was happening 9 months ago all those years ago ;)

First day of school pics up on FB. She looked adorable :wub: They lost her though which I wasnt impressed about. BBL school morning rush. And its raining

MacFeral

Hi all,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE and Also KYLIE (HB).

Char: Well done on the weight loss. I'm still the same as I was prior to Xmas so at least I haven't gained weight.

Shan: How cute is your sig. Your kids are carbon copies of one another! How on earth do they lose a child?

Ned started preschool (well not really, long day care with an education program because thats all thats offered around here) this week. He likes it I think. I'm still not sure about it (I don't like one of the teachers who seems like a bit of a Nazi but at least it isn't his teacher). I'll give it a few more weeks but if things go pear-shaped I'll pull him out and just keep him at home (save the $$).

Isla is so funny without him here though. She loves having the attention and getting to play with things she normally isn't "allowed" to because Ned plays with them. It's been a bit of a shock for me because I realise just how big she has gotten/is getting (almost 18 months now) and how fast that time has gone.

Anyway, I'll be back next week :)

MotherClucker

Leah fantastic news about the new car too!! So does this mean you could do a road trip if you felt like it ;)

Char woo well done on the weight loss!! So unmotivated here. Living closer to town definitely hasn't helped my cause. Too easy to run up to woolies and grab a cake or 3 hehe

Lara I did want to start walking. There is a fantastic man made lake up the road with a walking trail around it. I got a bit creeped out the last time we went for a walk around it though as there are bushes behind it and some old man with paper bag ;) was sitting at the very back on a bench. I had all the kids with me too. Its hard to think about walking when its raining so hard here at the moment!

Kira I remember when Sarah started preschool; Hayley was only around 8 months old. Both P and myself sat down on the lounge and were just looking at her and she burst into tears LOL It was like all the attention was just too full on. Enjoy your 1 on 1 time with her. I agree about how fast they seem to grow up. Its like our lives are on fast forward.

Gotta go do something before I fall asleep. Dropped Sarah and Hayley at school today in torrential rain!!!! We all got soaked. Oh Might come back and post some photos!

MotherClucker

Kira they lost her in that I wasn't outside her door when the bell rang (was running across the courtyard) and by the time I did get there 2 minutes later she was no where to be found. So for around 3-4 minutes I was scanning the kinder kids looking at all the mummies get after school cuddles :( Just as I started to panic I saw her walking with Sarah, Sarah's friend, and the friends mummy. Was very grateful that she walked her over to me. I had a word with the kindy teacher because I don't think a 4 year old should be able to do that and was basically told not to be late next time. She did look a bit horrified and had her hand yesterday after school so I guess she understood what I was getting at. Didn't appreciate the "scold" though.