Sandra

September 06 Parents # 211

laraq75

oops sorry I thought it was sept 08

Edited by laraq75

Bubsies

Yay - Gold for me then lol....

Rebecca - just had to jump on and say 'yes' you sound very clucky atm but newborns seem to do that to just about everyone lol....sorry LMAO. feel so blessed to have one of each and to only have 2 pregnancies too no MC's to get them...count my lucky stars every day that little Merinda is still here after the accident.

Btw - that guy has aparrently been charged with driving in a manner dangerous, high range drink driving, and possibly also grevious bodily harm which they are still tossing up. Aparrently he was more than 5 times the legal limit so a huge reading and combined with the other drugs they found in his system as well probably wouldn't have known what he was doing!!! He ended up with a broken sternum, broken collar bone and broken ribs too so I have been told and wacked his head pretty good too. The investigating seargent says he has lost about 30kg in weight since August and has been to drug and alcohol counselling too since the accident and isnt doing very well with the stress of it all and repercussions for him and will be in court in early March....

I have been told to take Merinda into the cop shop on Thursday next week cos they all want to see her down there lol...can't complain about our local cops.They have all been great :)

Both kids are asleep for now but need to go do some more things so will be back to read later...

Note to self...need new sig!!!

xxx

Edited by Bubsies

Pinkbug

SILVER!

Gina - :lol: yes you do need a new sig! Oh dear, that man sounds like he's been having a rough time! It's a miracle you and Merinda are ok, thank goodness you both are! You don't have any pains or anything now do you??

I haven't read the other thread properly so I'll go and have a quick look now...nobody post while I'm reading/writing please or I'll have to retract my silver ;)

Woohoo Rebecca!! That's so exciting you'll be having another baby! I wonder if you'll wait that long ;) Did you get your car back today? I tried your gender predictor link and Jasper came up as a girl! That always happens when I try gender prediction link/chinese calendar etc. I didn't bother looking up Gabriel because it's obviously not accurate for me. How's Cooper doing with his food?

Jodi - hope AF didn't arrive! How many months have you been trying now? Don't worry, I just saw that this is the 6th month. Hopefully very very soon for you!

Congrat's again on your little nephew Mandy! Exciting about you looking into buying a house!

When do you get your results from the ecg thing?

Jill - cute pic and very cute new sig! :D

OsMummy - that sounds so scary! How are you going now? Still leaking and having tightenings or is the bed rest helping? What's it mean that Orlando was growth restricted at 20 weeks? Hope little bub stays put for a while longer and you feel ok. :wub:

Donna - how are you feeling now? Hopefully you're all better you poor thing. As for the tt, seriously don't listen to anyone, she'll be out of nappies in her own time, and probably quicker the less issue is made of it. Jasper still has accidents too, I'm trying to clean him up and re-dress him without a single comment now so he gets no added attention for them. I don't see an improvement yet but I'll stick wth that for now. He's not as enthusiastic about going to the toilet anymore, although he will if he's bribed with doing something fun afterwards. :rolleyes: All in good time.

Thanks so much to all who replied about household finances...seems that most of us are the money handlers and our DH's are hopeless! :lol: Unfortunately I can't take ovre ours because DH wants to have control. Hmmm, will let you know what we end up doing, we need to sit down and work out what we can do. I don't like having money issues in my marriage, such a disappointment! We'll work it out, might just need to open up more accounts for the shared stuff. Anyway, I appreciate your input, it helps seeing what others do. :yes:

Ok, I'm off. Hope you're all having a good weekend! xx

Bubsies

Chenoa - DH handles all pur accounts, transfers etc etc and asks me to get cash out for both of us once we are paid each month. We have several accounts, several credit cards, his business finances as well to juggle and with no regular monthly pay ammount it is very difficult, especially with me not really working at the moment. I am glad he does it and I don't have to worry about it but I am sure it really stresses him. I jut budget what ever is available to buy groceries and other stuff we might need over the month which is also difficult as there is often not much left by the time bills and the mortgage are paid. Hopefully things will improve once I get back to work more....most of my expenditure is on family food and his goes to fuel and business expenses. He is working 4 jobs now too to try and cover things (environmental consultant, TAFE teacher, PCYC Indoor Rock Climbing Instructor and now an Equip Wilderness Area First Aid Trainer which means he will be travelling all over the place for 3 to 10 day blocks as well as running his own business (Z Access Adventures).....CRAZY CRAZY around our place. Doesn't leave much time for me to get out to do things as someone needs to look after the kids and he is rarely here anyway while they are up....hopefully things will slow down soon :)

Better go get dressed before little miss wakes up...

Will be back to catch up later :) xxx

Dons

HI LAdies :sick:

Gemma has gastro - OM*G this is the worst I have experienced!

We went to Sassafras for dinner - my fav place in the world the Dandenongs (I only live 5 mins from the foothills) had a beautiful dinner and at 3am it all started every half hour. I finally put my head down at 6.45am and Jas woke so thankfully DH got up but then Gem started.

She has just managed to keep down a glass of water so hopefully there will be no more vomit!

I dont know if any of you knew but I have Anosmia (no smell) - haven't had it for I reckon 8 years and it's terrible. It's on and off as I could smell when I was pregnant - all 6 times! Well since my bronchitis - I spoke to my gp about it and he put me on antibiotics which has cleared it and some nasonex and what is the first thing I smell - vomit lol I was so happy I nearly cried but then realised what it was I was smelling so all morning I was smelling perfume, washing powder, Glen 20, garlic lol

Thanks for replies on Gem's tt too :)

Also we arew going to QLD on March 1 can anyone give me any tips on flying with a 3.5 yo and 2 year old?

Have a lovely Sunday - oh and Mandy I love your nephew's name - a great Collingwood player Tarkyn Lockyer!

xx

Becca1605

:waves:

Rebecca - yep we were looking for a house, and got one, everything fell into place...move into the new place 27th jan, settlement on ours 29th jan, settlement on new one 5th feb (we rent back for a bit)....kids start cc 2nd Feb and I'm back at work 22 Feb!!

Dons - aww poor Gems! Yay on the smelling...

Gine - will get the milk band in the post tomorrow. WOW 4 jobs...sounds like DH is busy!

gotta go to bed...be back later!

Dons

:huh:

Becca1605

wow it's quiet in here!!

Mandy1980

Hey all

I have been MIA, we went away down to Busselton for a couple of days to relax, but it didn't end up being so relaxing after all.

I haven't had a chance to read back thru all the thread but wanted to share my huge scare that I had last night.

Like I said we went away but I started feeling baby movements less and less. I haven't felt any real definate kicks but have been getting regular movements IYKWIM. Anyways I hadn't felt anything since Wednesday morning and then yesterday I started getting some stitch like cramps. I tried to ignore it and didn't mention it to DH, but by yesterday arvo I was a nervous wreck. I told DH and he sent me straight off to the local hospital.

So I arrive there, they are all great. Midwife comes down and spent what felt like forever trying to get a heatbeat and couldn't get one. I was a blubbering mess by this point. They took me down to the labour ward and put the monitor on me and still couldn't find it. Me more of a mess. The ob comes in and says that at 17+ weeks he would expect his experienced midwife to be able to get a heartbeat so he had called in the sonographer. She couldn't get in til about 8:30pm so I spent the next hour and a half crying my eyes out and basically thinking that it was all over.

Sonographer arrives I lay down uncontrollably shaking and told her to turn the screen away cos I was too scared to look. DH, doctor and nurse are also in the room. As soon as she put the machine on my belly the doctor yells "theres a heart beat", then come more tears. I was so relieved. Apparently my placenta is anterior which explains the lack of movements and not being able to get a heartbeat. The sonogreapher was fantastic and decided that seeing as she was there she would do all the things that would normally be done at a 19/20 week scan. Everything measured perfectly and she also gave us a 95% that it was a girl. She said that she wouldn't say if she wasn't sure but that to just get confirmation at my 20 week which is on the 8th Feb!!! They couldn't work out what was causing the pain but put it down to constipation.

So we went from thinking all was over to hopefully having our dream princess on the way in just a few minutes. I am nearly crying again just thinking about it.

Anyways, I am gonna go back and catch up on the thread.

BBL

tintoela

Oh mandy what a rollercoaster of emotions for you. Glad everything is ok now. I had an anterior placenta too - so didn't feel a lot of movement early on.

eta - oh and congrat on the :babygirl:

dons - hope the vomiting is all gone now.

Not much happening here. We are off to the circus tomorrow though - should be fun.

Edited by tintoela

terriw31

OMG Mandy! What a scare :( but WHOO HOO at the girl comment! :babygirl: is that the first time you've been told by a sonographer?

00ruby00

I am happy to announce we have a :babyboy: and :babygirl: on the way... both very healthy... and just under 300 gm's each.... everything should be where it should be.

I still have a 3cm clot... but at least it is half the size it was at the 12 week scan.

Have to do the kids bath time now.. so will have to come back and post pictures...... not that they are very flash.. they are blurry.....really don't like their machines!!!!

Edited by ~Kathreen~

00ruby00

Oh Mandy how scary... I am worried every time I see my ob... with the twins.. that one isn't going to have a heart beat or something.

tintoela

kathreen - yeah on finding out the sex. Lucky you having both :babyboy: and :babygirl: . Now to find names - good luck with that!

~Simply*Blue~

OMG Mandy hope your ok now, how scary! But woohoo on the girl!! How exciting!

Kat I posted of fb too but congratulations on your boy and girl! I'm glad that clot is smaller too, at least all the bleeding is reducing it's size.

Becca1605

Mandy - ohhh how scary...I had goosebumps reading your post...so glad it's all okay...and how exciting on :babygirl:

Kat - woo hoo congrats on :babyboy: and :babygirl: obviously fraternal twins! Good luck finding names! I was talking to someone last night who like you had 3 children, and wanted to have another to even out the family yep she had twin boys...her oldest is now 19 and the twin boys 10!

*No~eye~deer*

Mandy- Congrats on the Girl!!!

Kathreen- Congrats on the boy and the girl!!!

I don't really have time for personals. Just wanted to pop in and let you guys know I had my Amnio on Thursday and will have some results on monday. It has been a long wait. The sonographer said she was pretty sure it was a boy but will will find out 100% when we get our results back. I have recovered ok from the amnio just some cramping and some tenderness at the site of the needle.

BBL

Amy

Becca1605

Just came to vent......

well ... we are supposed to have unconditional approval by Monday, doesnt' look like it's going to happen. Problem is, we were supposed to move in on Wed, which we can't do until we get approval. They just need to do the final step, valuation. So ARGH...I dunno what to do..have removalists booked for Wed, which I'm going to have to change, public holiday in there really messes things aboaut. Cause if I found out mon arvo then we could move wed, but mon arvo too late to cancel removalists if we dont' find out. So if I change them to thursday we have the same issue of needing ot find out my mon arvo or wed morning. We need to be out of our house Friday at the latest (settlement) but would rather only have to do 1 move, otherwise we have to put our stuff in storage and stay with my parents...and can only storage for a min of 1 months - so so stressful!!

tintoela

Amy - glad to hear all went ok. Hope the results are good too. And congrats on another boy!

rebecca - what a bugger! I hope you can you still move as planned. Surely they can do an evaluation on monday!

Edited by tintoela

RosieTea

i'm sad

Just found our first tooth. Mitchell is only 15 weeks and 6 days ....

Mandy1980

Thanx guys, was definatley a rollercoaster ride for a few hours.

Terri - yeah that is the first time that a sonographer has said that. My ob had a look at 15 weeks and said there was "definately no dangly bits" and that it looked very promising for a girl. My nub shot got all girl comments, then my ob said that and now the sonographer has given me 95% but I am still not convinced. Don't think I will believe it til I can see for myself.

Becca - what a bugger about the house stuff. Hope it gets sorted ASAP.

Amy - glad to hear your amnio went well. I am sure your results will be great too. Make sure you let us know. :)

Kat - congrats on the boy/girl twins, :excite: how exciting!!!! I am struggling to come up with one name let alone two. Good luck!!! :)

Paula - they grow too quickly don't they!!! Time for another! ;)

Well back to work for me tomorrow.. :( I have enjoyed the past 4 weeks off!!!

BBL

~*troops*~

mandy congrats on the little girl how exciting

paula a tooth already geez!

congrats again on the boy and girl twinnies kat

im at work doing data entry and facebooking on the sly so ill pop back later if i get a chance. hope your all well :)

tintoela

Hi everyone,

Well turned into and interesting weekend. We went to the circus on saturday and that was great jess really enjoyed it. On sunday dh went 4wdng and put the car on its side! :angry: So now we have to see if they will fix the damage or write it off! Such a pita! The car isn't too bad - panel damage on drivers door and rear and front panel on the side and the roof is dented on both sides from the roof racks and the power mirror on the side is smashed. Just a waiting game now - we take it in for the quote on wednesday.

eta - dh is ok by the way

mandy - bugger about going back to work - hope its not too bad for you.

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY EVERYONE!!!

Edited by tintoela

Pinkbug

Hello! How's everyone going? We're plodding along. DH had an RDO today so he took the boys shopping...boy shopping...hardware shop kind of thing. It was great to have the house to myself for a few hours, the boys have been disgusting for most of the week just gone and I have needed a break! I don't know if it's the heat, Gabriel's last two teeth to come breaking the surface, boredom, or a bit of everything, but geez, I've done my fair share of disciplining to no effect this week! *sigh*

I'm handing in Jasper's pre-school forms this week (I think I mentioned before that he's at the top of the waiting list) so fingers crossed he can start there soon. I met up with a friend at the supermarket a few days ago though and she was speaking up a different preschool here, a christian preschool. We're not religious but she said there was very little of that when her daughter went last year. I think one of my nieces went there for a little while too and my sister thought it was fantastic. I might see about getting him on the waiting list for that one too. Just not sure about the religion side of things.

Jodi - oh no, hope the car won't be too expensive to fix! I take it your DH was ok?

Troops - I thought you worked in a bar? I like data entry :ninja:

Mandy - great to hear you have another person thinking :babygirl: So happy for you! What a scare you had you poor thing!

Paula - wow, that's early!!

Bec - So you were able to get the evaluation done? Moving is very very stressful but so good once it's all done! So you ordered a milk band? I couldn't have bf'ed without one!

Amy - best of luck for the results and congratulations on probably having another son! :) Ouch, was the amnio painful? Do you just get a local anaesthetic? Ouch!

Kathreen - congratulations again on having a boy and girl in there! How exciting being able to pick boys AND girls names!

Donna - Oh no, not gastro! Hope she's ok now! Wow, I didn't know you couldn't smell! That would definitely have lots of benefit in my house full of boys! Lol. Does it change the way you enjoy your food when you haven't been able to smell? That's awesome that it's all fixed up now!

Gina - OMG, your DH works 4 jobs?!! That's insane but so responsible of him! I wish my DH had more of his willingness :whistle: Gosh, sounds like you're very clever to budget with all those considerations! Tricky!