Sign in to follow this  
Jo

Procrastination Support Group #3

Jo

New Thread Time original.gif>>> Previous Thread <<<Why do today what you could put off until tomorrow?Happy procrastinating studying in 2010 2015.

(Edited by ~Mintie~ because I'm procrastinating.. :p )

• Like 1

ineedmorecoffee

I am in the depths of procrastination hell and it is getting only worse and worse :(

Anybody else in the same boat right now?

K2010

Yes I am definitely experiencing this !!!!! So much so that essential baby is way more interesting too me the last couple of days .....

I had a giggle monochrome that you dug this thread up from 2009 .... If that's not procrastination I don't know what is :)

• Like 3

ineedmorecoffee

I have an assignment due on Monday and I have done the bare minimum so far :(

Today I was on Pinterest researching how to beat procrastination, then I realised that is another form of it :doh:

I'm hoping to get the bulk of it done in the next two days when dd is at daycare. But now I feel like I'm coming down with something and I can't fall apart now.

Arrrggghhhh :ninja:

• Like 1

PrincessPinkenIt

I'm putting my hand up... I have a Bio assessment due in on Friday. I have 1 of out 4 questions answered and I still have to find 3 additional references.

So what do I do instead of reading the journal article already given... open internet with plans to find additional articles and find myself on EB/K and FB.

• Like 1

ineedmorecoffee

It is so hard to stay focussed.

Today has been better, I only opened my word document and kept the email and web browser closed. Broke the assignment down into sections and said I would tackle two sections today and two tomorrow.

Allowing myself a 1 hour lunch break and then I have to get back into it until daycare pick up time.

Funny but when I knew I only had to work on one section till 1pm, that gave me more of a focus IYKWIM. Turns out I really need to give myself limitations and clear directions.

pefeli

I am here! Small assignment, mostly all done but it is so boring.

I think I spent more time setting it all out right down to words per paragraph and referencing then actually writing it.

So so boring.......

Must just finish it.

• Like 1

ineedmorecoffee

Well two steps forward, one step back. I was doing ok until late afternoon when I decided I just had to vacuum the rug, then I continued to vacuum the rest of the place since the damn thing was out :ninja:

Tomorrow is another day..

Amica

I am in week 7 and have only done 1 assignment and watched week 1s lectures. I have however started and finished games Leo's Fortune and Plants vs Zombies 1 AND 2 these last 7 weeks. I had all day today child free but am no so far behind I don't know where to start... so I didn't.

• Like 1

ineedmorecoffee

Maybe start with week 2 and try to take it from there.

If you can tick off a week's worth every few days, you may be able to get back on track. Sending you positive vibes :)

Feral Grey Mare

I have to do a tutorial paper based on one weeks discussions. I planned to do mine in week 1 to get it over with but am now aiming to do week 8's topic instead after ditching plans to do week 2, week 3, week 4......

• Like 1

ineedmorecoffee

I cannot wait to hand this damn assignment in on Monday night, just want to get this monkey off my back and be done with it.

I've got about 60% done so its downhill from here hopefully.

Good luck studying over the weekend fellow procrastinators ;)

DZP

You can always tell when I have an assignment due, I end up posting on EB, commenting on FB pages and updating my blog.

I have an assignment due Sunday, I just don't want to do it.

• Like 2

ineedmorecoffee

I'm the same, I start feeling physically ill in the lead up to the due date and start questioning why I went back to uni, what's this degree going to do for me, yada yada..

Fire_fly

ineedmorecoffee

Good luck, try to work in 2 or 3 hr increments and schedule in breaks as it helps to know when you will stop.

I finished my assignment yesterday and it is such a relief to come out the other side.

Oh and stay away from your web browser and email, biggest time wasters :)

• Like 1

chat

I do it too and been doing it for the last 7 years of uni, but it kind of helps with my writing in a funny way. I am about to enter my final week of uni so I am guessing the procrastination will come to an end lol :excite::dance::whistle:

ineedmorecoffee

Congratulations on your final week of uni being over :)

How did you go?

• Like 1

chat
I cannot wait to hand this damn assignment in on Monday night, just want to get this monkey off my back and be done with it.

This!!

Congratulations on your final week of uni being over

Thank you so much. I am not quite there yet. Just waiting on a final checks from others and hoping my final assessment can be submitted. I don't think I could face another weekend with this monkey on my back. So close though.

• Like 1

PrincessPinkenIt

bumping this thead up... because well yep I'm procrastinating over starting my first essay for this semester.

• Like 1

Astrocyte

I'm here procrastinating too. Going into week 4 of trimester 2 and I've got two tests coming up. Just cannot find the motivation to study for them even though they were interesting subjects.

ineedmorecoffee

Hey fellow procrastinators,

I'm starting week 4 of my trimester too and feeling like I should drop down to one subject.

I am only doing two subjects FGS and I don't work outside the home so am feeling really lousy, like I should be able to make it work :(

So undecided.

*mad3under3*

So in attempt to feel useful and accomplishing something (that's not uni because that would actually be useful and accomplishing something) i am now volunteering to be parent helper on Friday.

My week so far has been,

Monday - help someone write a resume and cover letter

Tuesday - clean the house

Wednesday (today) - help a friend with her rental house all day

Thursday - Uni... maybe

Friday - Parent helping at school.

NOT a lot of uni however everyone else is getting loads of attention lol.

I seem to be in that early semester zone where there is 4 units just starting and not enough to get your teeth into but enough you should be looking at it.

ineedmorecoffee

Make sure you know when the first assessments are due as they all seem to be due around the same time.

Good luck.

Wild Strawberry

I really need to be starting my essay! Just can't find the focus to do it and I have most of this week free so perfect time to get stuck into it!!! Have found some articles but need some more so at least if I find the rest today then find the info i'm using out of them that is a start right!

Lets see if it happens though!!! Will have some lunch first :)

Hope you are all being more productive than I am :)

Edited by feral strawberry