Jo

Accounting Support Group - Autumn 2010

Nicoleandhergirls

OOww ow ow me first me first.

Mumtokids

SILVER!!!

Wishing us all a great year with our study in 2010!!!!

4littlemonkeys

BRONZE!

Michelle4

Happy New Year ladies

hope it's a good one

Nicole, far out, do you get the money back if it only takes you the year??

Nicoleandhergirls

No I don't that is why I thought good idea if it was from the beginning like Rach but I have done already so much and I feel like I would be paying twice.

me-he-and-3

Hey there,

Hoping to get my butt into gear soonly as I have 1 subject I carried over to this year as it is also in Cert 4.

But am TRYING to enjoy the holidays with the kiddies home running around crazy :D Maybe it's time to ship them off to nan's for a night or 2 lol

Kylie

Nicoleandhergirls

That sounds like a plan Kylie. Mind you I can't start until I pay again as November and December were horrible for medical.

I also don't know what subjects I want to do now.. hhmmmmm.

Michelle4

At home alone today, so doing some study

very peaceful here.

Guest philbysgirl

Hello Accounting Buddies,

I have found the new thread, but I don't start back at school 'til 22nd February. I am not sure whether I am jealous of you all getting extra units done over the holidays, or if I am relieved to be having a break! :mellow:

I posted just before Christmas listing the Cert IV subjects I am enrolled in for 2010 but when I returned a few days later it has disappeared into cyber space. We are away on a family holiday ATM but I will relist them when we return home. I am hoping to get the Cert IV completed in a year which will mean doing two units by flexible learning. I will aim at one in each half of the year.

I have a graduation in March for my Cert III, it will be good to have that for the resume.

Leisa-Jane

Hi ladies have just started my diploma of accounting was hoping to have a few assessments done over the holidays but it has happened is anyone else studying thru cengage and doing there diploma?

I am on msn zaciam@hotmail.com if anyone wants a study buddy :D

LJ

4littlemonkeys

Leisa-Jane - I am doing my diploma through SEEK - so that is OTEN. Probably the same course. I can list my subjects if you like to see if you are doing the same. I have 3 assignments to do in the next 5 days before I go back to work, so hope I can do them! :)

Leah - That is great you have your grad in March for the Cert III. It is a good thing you are off til the end of Feb. Gives you time to totally chill and not think of things you have to do. :) I hope your having a nice break.

Better go - kids are at CC today so want to get cracking on study! :)

Leisa-Jane

Hey Rach

Did you do any RPL??? And are you doing online or Printed? I opted for printed so i always had the material on a book shelf for the future, would like to know though if its easier studying online?

I have been pretty slack kids have been a handful and it seems everytime i go near the books someone comes nagging!!

List your subjects if you like have you finished many assessments?

Leisa

Nicoleandhergirls

Hey Leisa-Jane

Welcome.. are you on facebook as we have a closed group on there as well.

look up eb accounting.

I am ringing up OTEN today to find out if I have been reenrolled yet. I want to get started again.

Michelle4

Hi Leisa

Nicole - I don't think they go back until Monday??? as I am waiting as well.

Nicoleandhergirls

Student Services do but they had trouble as the system said I had finished Cert 4 when I didn't. But the teachers go back on Monday,

Michelle4

ah they told me I had to wait until the teachers come back for my enrolment to go through. I am plodding along however.

So have they fixed it up Nicole?

Nicoleandhergirls

Nah not until Monday when I talk to a teacher. :(

Michelle4

Chart of accounts put me to sleep yesterday, and it is doing the same today LOL

4littlemonkeys

Hi girls,

Leisa-Jane - Yep I have 4 RPL subjects. I will post which subjects I am doing when I get a chance to get back here.

I tried to submit 3 assignments yesterday but the submit button on the OLS is disabled. Has anyone noticed this?? Not sure if I should email OTEN or just wait a few more days since the teaching staff aren't back yet.

I am back at work tomorrow so will be interesting to see how i manage to keep up with my study and work..

Better go and jump in the shower and get to bed.

Stacey*

Hello, I am looking into enrolling in a Diploma of accounting with OTEN but just had a few questions.

To get an idea of the costs, do you need to buy many textbooks to do the course and around about how much do they cost?

Can you just enroll in the diploma and it covers all the certificate I II III and IV or do you have to do those first?

Have been reading back over the threads, are most people able to get the VET fee help when studying with seek or do you have to be a low income earner or something?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nicoleandhergirls

hey Stacy

I have done cert 3 and cert 4 and have about 7 textbooks each around $70 each,.

If you are going to do it through correspondence contact OTEN they are a field of information. If you are going to use Seek it goes a diferent way Rach is the one in the know about seek.

By oten alone they recommend doing from Cert 3 on ( cheaper this way)

I found out today that I have 3 subjects left on Cert 4 so I am definitely going to do the Diploma. I also registered for an ABN this morning as there are a couple of people wanting to use me. Only last week I was scared that I was gonna be without a job and no business going, this week I am looking 0postive.

If there are any spelling errors on here blane the cocktaiel as she is helping :) and she has strunk the screen

Purebells

Hey all :waves:

I am doing Accounting at uni in March when I go back!

Just basic accounting, but this thread will be a life saver :)

Leisa-Jane

In regards to RPL the guy at cengage talked me out of doing it and suggested to just do the subjects as a refresher? Ideas ??? I know it will save money in the long run but then on my diploma it will have everything i have studied and not rpl?

I have not had a chance to even submit one assignment i have had my material for over a month the kids wont give me five minutes alone!

Leisa

Michelle4

Leisa - what age are your children?

I have managed a couple of hours of study every second day, sometimes every day. I go up to my room with my laptop and books while the kids watch a movie, play games and eat food LOL. But mine are not to little anymore. Would be hard with little ones. My frustration is finding a block of time where I don't need to cook, clean, wash, answer endless questions etc. or be a taxi service. Like now, I know that If I start I will get a phone call from DD wanting a lift from the station

I don't even have my material yet, just a text book.

I sort of agree with doing the subjects as refreshers, won't hurt, and things change.

Hi brr7 and Stacey

I have no idea about VET

Edited by Michelle4