Sandra

September 05 Parents # 388

bellemae

OMG the excitement today!!! Kids are sooo buzzed! Kai woke with - :D now just one more sleep!!!! They've been good as gold, playing nicely and helping us bake muffins for Santa :) They want to leave milk & Muffins for Santa, Carrots & grass for the reindeer....and Tien has decided they're going to sprinkle flour over our dining room floor all around the front door/dining table/xmas tree area to see if they can get Santa/Reindeer tracks :) ....Santa tracks should be easy enough to make....How to make Reindeer tracks??? Potato stamps maybe....better get back to my baking.....

Kay1

Aw cute Belle!! Much excitement here too. Love Christmas, and Christmas eve the best of all. :) It was Christmas Eve 5 years ago that I had a very strong feeling I was pregnant, and I was. :) I always think of that day on Christmas Eve.

Oh dear, kids are starving. Thank goodness DH is home and off for a couple of weeks - WOOT!!!!!

mhjemma

Dummy is wrapped and sitting with Santa's snacks, ready to go :D Only 10 minutes of crying before he fell asleep. Apparently he doesn't want Santa to come, doesn't want presents, just his dummy....

He will be happy tomorrow when Santa has been, the dummy will be gone so he'll be fine in a few days (fingers crossed).

We went to Ocean Grove to visit our old neighbours on Tuesday night. Caius had a very late night and was up with the sparrows on Wednesday. Went to the beach and expended a load of energy. He slept in the car from 5:45pm....transferred onto couch still asleep.....changed him into PJ's about 7:30pm, put him to bed and he slept until 8am today!!! (woke at 5am to say "it's dark!!" and went back to sleep). He even slept for an hour at CC today!! Now I know how to exhaust him when I need to ...he he he

About to put the pressies under the tree and head to bed. I love Christmas :D

Kay1

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

I wish I had someone to share my excitement with. DH is just SO not into christmas. He has no idea what the kids are getting, even though I've wrapped them in the same room as him. He just keeps telling me there are too many presents :( Oh well, on the upside he doesn't know how much I've spent :evilgrin: There are a couple of presents for me under the tree since I pointed out the kids won't understand if mummy gets nothing.... :glare:

I can't wait to see the kids' faces in the morning though. :)

Table is pretty much set, glaze prepared. All I have to do tomorrow is clean up the present opening mess, bake the ham and make a potato salad. Better go and get some sleep though....suspect we'll be up EARLY!!

Nighty night all!!

~*Sharon*~

Wishing everyone a fantastic Christmas!!!!

Belle - That is awesome news!!

Kay - Hannah is never quiet. Ever. Drives me insane!!! Talking or noises.

Yep, we are still away. 5 days until we leave for home!! (not counting... much...)

We are just about to head out to dinner... so I better go. Love to all, and stay safe!

Kay1

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!

Laughing at Leo atm. He cannot get away from his coy coupe. He climbs out, moves away and then turns around and gets back in. "Drives" for a while and repeats. Its been going on for over an hour now - too cute!! Nate meanwhile is glued to his Leapster game. Better get cooking/preparing before the hordes arrive!!

Titania

Happy Christmas all!

Had a great day- heaps of food, great company and now finally relaxing with my feet up, going to ring my dad and then watch Mama Mia. :D

Anyone else exhausted?! Kids been up since before six - and G missed christmas day lunch altogether.

Belle - you're wonderful - congratulations!

Kay - :( about Nate's leg - sorry he has to go through it. Others have made some good suggestions though - and I hope he gets past it.

And yes - both boys constantly making noises - though Griff moreso - but L never shuts up lol.

Kirsten - happy belated birthday!

bellemae

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!!

Hope you're all having a fantastic day :) Been ups 'n downs here. Just Matt, the boys & myself here....Tien woke around 5.15, managed to wait until oh, around 5.30 before poking Kai and waking him up. The excitement was just beautiful :) The morning was awesome, but Tien kinda hit a wall around lunchtime and went a little rancid (bad mix of not enough sleep, too much sugar, and too much excitement I think), calmed down by arvo and they're both pretty chilled again now. Matt & I prepared/bought soooo much food, no cooking today, just eating... and by the looks of what's still left we'll be eating well and not cooking for at least another 2 days!!!! YAY!!!

Kay No quiet here either...Tien still @ 7 makes random noises while he plays - farting sounds with his cheeks, clicking sounds with his tongue, whistling etc.

:( Poor Nate with the running. I really hope he can move past wanting to run as fast as his peers and start to see and feel confident about all the things he is so amazingly talented at. I have been meaning to respond about it, but have sooo much going on with running related issues here atm, I knew that I couldn't respond without going off on a rambley tangent....

....which I did, then realised it was REALLY rambley and particularly unnecessary.

Soooo funny, kids put out muffins (which were delicious), and carrots & grass for the reindeer. I made sure I saved the ends of the carrots we used for dinner so I could put theirs away and replace them with 'eaten' ones. Did that. Left only the empty patty pans where once the chocolate muffins had been. We even sprinkled flour around the door (to catch Santa's foot prints) and Matt made boot prints & carefully drew reindeer prints in the flour. Got up this morning, the carrot stubs had disappeared, the patty pans had vanished, and there was just a mess of flour all over the floor with (if you look REALLY close) little rat foot prints. Little buggers made a mess of everything!! Pffft.

Kay1

Too funny Belle! :lol: Glad you had a lovely day - what are your running related issues? :unsure:

Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas Day and was spoiled and most of all enjoyed watching their kids get spoiled! We had a great day, thankfully the rain held off til after lunch. The kids all played well together and spent an hour in the park with DH and his bro so the rest of us could chill and clean up. SOOOO many presents. One scary moment when my nephew (one day younger than Nate) ran full pelt into our glass pool fence :( Poor little thing bounced off and fell in a heap on the grass. He was ok but DH's reaction (he was the only one who saw it) scared us all. I felt so bad for having cleaned it.

Leo was up for a couple of hours last night and Nate up at 6.30am so I am shattered. Leo has finally (been ten months) cut some more teeth so I expect he'll be up again tonight.

More of the same with my fambles tomorrow so I'd better go and get some sleep. Nighty night all.

Edited by Kay1

~*Sharon*~

'Evening all...

I hope everyone has had a fantastic Christmas!!

Ours has been fairly quiet. We had the tree and presents with the kids in the morning, then phoned family, had lunch at a local restaurant, then I relaxed here for a bit while Hannah played and Toby napped, and DH went out for a massage. Then dinner and a walk, and back to put the kids in bed, and DH and I have just had our annual Christmas argument as once more he stooped to an all time low (a box of Oreos, which I don't particularly like, because that is all he could get at 10pm last night) and he is p*ssed off because I do not agree that his excuses are an acceptable reason for not putting any effort in (thinks like "I have just been so sick of looking at souvenirs, it didn't even occur to me at the time that you like that kind of stuff" - despite the fact that I am constantly browsing the Lao handcrafts... or "I just have not had any free time out in the last couple of days" - which he has on multiple occasions).

Meanwhile, the one thing that I was kind of hoping might be finally getting here today still hasn't arrived... and after a bit over 5 weeks I am starting to get slightly concerned. That is not unheard of for me, but Lynny, if it does not make a show soon, I am going to be seriously p*ssed off with you... lol.

Kay1

Utd Are we Sharon?? (and by that I mean you LOL).....

Why are (some) men so inredibly crap about presents???? I don't get it. DH knows how much I appreciate even the littlest things yet he has to be told every single birthday christmas or mother's day or I will get nothing. I just don't understand because in every other way he is wonderful - and sometimes buys me "just because" things :shrug: . I try not to let it bother me but I really want the kids to learn about the joy of giving and choosing a gift for someone and and they are not going to learn it from him. He just doesn't get it at all. Even yesterday when the kids were all opening all presents he and BIL just stood there talking the whole time, they didn't even look at the kids or their presents. Just completely uninterested. :unsure:

~~Lynny~~

OMG Sharon!!! Took me a while to work out what you meant! :doh::lol: have you POAS yet?? :p

Men and crappy presents - I got nothing this year.. sweet f all. DH decided to leave the shopping till the day before christmas and then complained because it was too busy and his leg was acting up. At first I didnt care but the more I think about it the more annoyed I am getting. He had more than enough notice - he knows how to use the internet. I told him months ago that I'd like some perfume because I never buy it for myself but nope. What p..ed me off even more is that he couldnt get me anything but he could still manage to waddle through a bottle shop to buy his ex a bottle of Asti for her b/day on the 21st.. :annoyed: In the end I told him to get me a soft serve icecream maker from dealsdirect (its on its way) but it's still not the same IYWKIM..

Be back in a sec - DH has taken Damo to a park to ride his new bike :wub:

Edited by ~~Lynny~~

butterflies

Mardi how is Cai going with no dummy? it took Zahli a week of screaming and crying she still asks for it 6 months later.

that's about all I can manage, yes very poor, we are going away soon and DH is getting everything ready for the caravan, the kids are having fun with more presents bought today with xmas money, DON'T GO TO CASTLE TOWERS!!! there are a million poeple there, lucky I only took Paris and she saved $40 by going there.

TTFN

mhjemma

Karina - I know you're not going to want to hear this, but Caius hasn't asked for his dummy once since he went to sleep Christmas Eve!!!! I can't believe he has been so accepting of it as he seemed soooooooo attached to his dummy!

I know it is lulling me into a false sense of security. In the next couple of days we are going totally nappy free!!!! I have the stores of fruit and jelly ready. The main reason we are trying it is because Caius STILL refuses to poo in anything but a nappy. I am grateful to him that he doesn't do it in his pants, but I am dearly sick of him holding on until he is bursting and then screaming for a nappy. I always give in because I figure it's not worth him getting too blocked up. BUT...... I am hoping that if we go down the path of NO nappies at all, then he might be willing to give the toilet a go ???? Wish me luck!!

DH's and presents - For the first time in a loooong time, DH actually bought me a present and I wasn't expecting it! (I got steps for the Wii balance board). We had once again agreed that we didn't need to give each other anything (although I still always get DH something) so I was thrilled :D He even said "I know you didn't get me anything but thought you'd love these".... to which I responded "but of course I got you a present.....like I always do" :p

Sharon - So, have you POAS yet??????

Karina again - I am so jealous of your caravan! And jealous that you are going away. We are staying home except for a few overnighters to visit friends. Wish we were camping.... Have a great time and tell us all about it when you get back (pics would be good too)

Belle - LMAO at the rats ruining your santa/reindeer efforts. Hope you and the boys also managed to see the funny side (and get the ratsack down asap!!)

Better go and cook dinner. We've had a mega-cleaning day today that will continue tomorrow....Yes, our house was THAT bad!!!!!

x0x0x0x0x0

mummy_to_b

Mardi you don't know how happy you have made me by saying that Cai still poo's in a nappy only. I am having the same problem with Brock. We have had 2 poos on the toilet and we make a big deal out of it but he will go back to refusing to go. I give in as well because I don't want him blocked up also.

Leanne

Kay1

Karina - We drove to MIL's today and had to go a different way because of all the traffic trying to get to Castle Towers. What a nightmare!!

We had another family do today, I have no idea why but MIL wanted us and most of the rest of DH's family to come over for a second Christmas lunch. I thought there was going to be some big announcement or something but nope :shrug: . All good but gee I'm ready for some down time now. :yawn: Feeling quite grumpy tonight for no good reason so got to push through the next half hour, get these kids in bed and then chill.

butterflies

Way to go Cai on the no dummy!! well done, I hope it stays that way.

and good luck to both Mardi and Lee on the poo front, no advice but good luck, That is THE wosrt thing about parenting is the tting. Now if you had any advice on getting a 6.5 year old out of night time nappies I will listen.

Kay - the traffic was a nightmare, it ages to get there, getting home wasn't bad and neither was finding a park (I am a stalker) lucky it was just Paris and I and there was no whinging from DH!!

Mardi I love our caravan too (though I shouldn't call it a caravan as it's only a push up camper van thingie but that's what the kids call it) we are going down to Merimbula on the south coast but DH wants to go bush a few days before though I am not too sure as the national parks are going to be packed plus NYE I am sure there will be hoons out in force??

OK better finish my cuppa tea and go to bed, Zahli fell asleep on the way back from MIL's (had to go there to drop off bags of christmas rubbish) and P & A are upstairs dancing.

~*Sharon*~

All good. 11 days late, but apparently it was just my body being screwy. All normal crappy crampyness, etc, has made its 12 day late appearance... literally 10 minutes before we arrived at the shops to get the test.

I am almost disappointed... I was just starting to like the idea... :( But at least we can still go ahead with the plans for the year.

Gotta run - we have to go to a wedding reception.

sotetno

Hey all,

Merry belated Christmas to all!

Sorry to hear of all the useless husbands out there. Mine only got me some lovely chocolates from the handmade shop down the road from us, but I'm happy that he thought of me and took the time out to stop on his way home from work and buy them :) It really is the little thoughts that counts is it not ladies.

Our Christmas has been fun. Christmas Eve was our own private dinner. Started with putting the tree up, then traditional dinner with all the nice fine China (even let the boys eat off it this year). And Eddie joined us at the table as well for the first time) although not to eat, just to be sociable). Then it was first lot of present opening where the boys got their stuff from us.

Christmas morning was opening presents from my sister. Then we hosted the extended gathering for my side of the family.

Boxing Day it was up the Blue Mountains to MILs to see Atti's half of the family and we stayed over night and came back yesterday.

Today we braved the movies and also bought a car seat for Eddie as we have to return the capsule to the hire place very soon.

A great time had by all, and lots of cool pressies. I got lots of chocolates, two books to read and a Bunnings gift voucher to spend on the Japanese garden out the front that I hope to get a good start on in the next few weeks.

Atti has the next 3 weeks off, so we'll be landscaping, going down the South Coast for a couple of days and plowing through a list of about 15 things that Nick wants to do while he's on school holidays :)

Sharon - glad to hear your period turned up, although I can sympathise with how quickly you get used to the idea of having a new little unexpected surprise to deal with. :)

What are everyone's plans for New Years? Attila won us tickets to go watch the 9:00pm fireworks from the Cahill Expressway at Circular Quay. For those non-Sydneyites that basically means the best seats in the house right between the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. Just hope the boys aren't too freaked out by the fireworks :)

~3boysmummy~

Thought I might pop in and say hi to my long lost parents group. Oh do you remember me?? LOL Thank goodness for facebook and I can at least see what a few of you are up to. ;)

I can't believe how busy my life has become at the moment. Since turning my life into chaos since the move and living out of boxes, cause I am just to busy lazy to unpack them all, just to pack them all again. I thought everything might settle down but of course Christmas hit.

Hope you all had a great Christmas. Christmas day (well night actually) I had to go to sleep sitting up. I ate way to much and was feeling sick lying down. :rolleyes: Had a great day. DH didn't do too badly on the present front, but does leave it to the last minute. Lucky a lot of the shops are open 24 hours the last few days before christmas. LOL

We are going on a holiday next week. Fingers crossed I will have a laptop back by then cause I really can't live without internet for a week. LOL

Mel, Oh I am so jealous of your NYE tickets. Awesome position. Can you fit me in your nappy bag. LOL

Dummies, Matt lost his (and his teddy bear) during our move so he hasn't had his for a few months. He kept asking for teddy bear for a while but is over it now. :excite:

Ok best be off. Bed is calling my name. I will try not to be a stranger anymore. MWAH

~*Sharon*~

YAY! All packed and off home in a few hours! 24 hour journey home (we have an 8 hour stop over in Malaysia, which thankfully we have booked a hotel room for so Toby can nap).

Hope everyone is well, and I will catch up once we get home!

mhjemma

Mel - Sounds like you and your family had a gorgeous Christmas :D

Karen- Hope you enjoy your holiday. Sounds like you need it!

Sharon - Glad to hear that AF turned up, but understand the little pang of disappointment. Have a safe trip home

Lee - I feel your pain about the poo situation. We only have 2 nappies left (officially, have a couple in reserve) so it looks like New Years Eve will be our first trial of no nappies!! (May delay it a night depending on what we end up doing for NYE). I'll let you know how it goes. Caius isn't totally against the idea of nappies going....think he is ready to 'grow up' (his words, not mine!!!)

Karina - No advice for a 6.5 year old, but may be commiserating with you soon!! My basic understanding of the whole managing to be dry overnight is that it is purely an individual thing and 'they' (whoever 'they' are) say not to worry until they are about 8 years old??

DH is on holidays next week. Arghhhhhh!!!! After only 4 days over Christmas, Caius has become spoilt, whingy and expecting to get his own way! I can't believe how soft my DH is towards Caius!!! I always thought HE would be the disciplinarian!!!!!!

I am quietly counting down to the 11th of January...Shhhhhhh...

Child care reopens, and Caius will be in 4 days a week. DH will be back at work.....OMG, I might even get a chance to read a book AND watch a movie!!!!! I will suck it up util then and use you lovely girls as my venting outlet!! (Apologies in advance).

xoxoxoxoxo

mummy_to_b

Sharon. Yay on AF and coming home.

Karen. Have a great holiday.

Karina. Like Mardi I have no advice on night time dryness. Brock will wake up sometimes dry and say to me Mummy need toilet usually at 4am then we are up for the day.

Mardi. Brock tells me the same that he's a big boy but he will tell me he can't poo in the toilet. We even said his poo can join all the other poo and it has a poo party. All he wanted to know is that if he could join and can they have cake. So he will hold it and and scream in pain and I give in.

Is my daycare the only one that is open? Ours is open everyday except the public holidays. Brock was begging me to go back to daycare yesterday. He was so happy this morning because he could go and see his friends.

Better go and eat dinner while it's hot.

Leanne