Sign in to follow this  
PMU

Do ladybirds (beetles) have some sort of special meaning/message

PMU

I seem to be coming across ladybirds everywhere ATM.

Am I experiencing a plague/infestation or is there some significance surrounding this?

EG: While cleaning the kitchen yesterday, I found one walking along my kitchen chair. I showed the kids, they played with it, then we let it go outside.

Last night, as I pulled the doona back to jump into bed, there was one on the sheet.

Today, as I was taking the washing off the line, I came across another one on a towel.

I can not think of any special meaning/memory re:ladybirds

Any ideas?

LunaBlue

I found this

Ladybug: Perhaps best known as an emblem of luck, the Ladybug is a love symbol too. Asian traditions hold to the belief that if caught and then released, the Ladybug will faithfully fly to your true love and whisper your name in his/her ear. Upon hearing the Ladybug's message your true love will hurry his/her way to your side. Ancient farmers of the land have considered the Ladybug a good omen as she controls aphid populations. The number of spots on a Ladybug's back is said to indicate the number of months to pass before the wish for love comes true

and this

A messenger of promise, the ladybug reconnects us with the joy of living. Fear does not live within joy. The need to release our fears and return to love is one of the messages it carries.

Ladybug teaches us how to restore our faith and trust in great spirit. It initiates change where it is needed the most. When ladybug appears it is asking us to get out of our own way and allow great spirit to enter.

and lastly this

Ladybug: The Ladybug is associated with spirituality and religious devotion. The name Ladybug originated in Europe during the Middle Ages, when insects were destroying the crops. Catholic farmers were said to have prayed to the Virgin Mary for help. Soon after, Ladybugs appeared and began eating the pests and saved the crops from destruction. The farmers began to call the Ladybugs “the Beetles of Our Lady” and eventually they were known as Lady Beetles. The Ladybug's red wings are said to represent the Virgin's cloak and the black spots her joys and sorrows.

The Ladybug is widely considered a symbol of luck and is seen as a good omen when it comes calling. In Sweden, it is said that if one lands on a young woman's hand, she will soon get married. In France, it is said that if you are ill when one lands on you, it will fly away with your illness.

Ladybugs are also considered to be symbols of fire and the Sun.

Ladybug teaches life is short and it teaches to let go of ones' worries and fears, to trust in spirit and enjoy life. It brings the gifts of renewal and regeneration. The message of the Ladybug could be asking you to “Let go and let God”.

*~My*4*Girls~*

From what I have read it is a very good thing to come by, I too have been seeing quite a few, I had one land on me in a crowd of hundreds at carols a couple of nights ago :xmas_smile: Whatever stands out for you in what you read about them is probably the right meaning for you.

Puggle

For me they definitely do.

Here's a link to a thread I started in here a while back.

I've had several other 'visits' in the last few months, always when I have been pondering the same question. I think I'm being told to get on with it ;)

Tan72

I swear by the power of the ladybug/ladybird and am a firm believer - hence my username.

A ladybug is my 2yo DD's talisman. She was born with a very complicated medical history and has had many a critical surgery, emergency bowel surgery at 7 days and open heart surgery at 9wks being amongst them.

Every time I am feeling like it is all too much or before every surgery a ladybug appears and she has had eight. Be it a live one, a toy, a book or a ladybug garden windmill, one always appears to reassure us that it will be ok.

The last surgery she had I was stressed out and convinced that she was not going to make it - freaking out even more as I hadn't seen a ladybug - and as I was walking back from dropping her off at theatre there in the middle of the surgery ward was a ladybug picture. I burst into tears straight away as I knew she was safe and all would be ok.

Call me a kook but I definitely believe that they have a special meaning...

LunaBlue

LadyBug you are definately no kook. Your DD is very lucky to have the Ladybeetle as her totem animal.

Blessings

LadyBug you are definately no kook. Your DD is very lucky to have the Ladybeetle as her totem animal.

Blessings

Cherubs

Oh Ladybug that is a beautiful story, Mac is just gorgeous and so lucky to have so many ,both here and on the otherside, looking out for her.

Well if you are a kook, you have lot's of people here to be kooky with LOL!

Thank you for sharing your special connection with us.

RedsGirl

Wow, I didn't realise how meaningful they were..

when i was little my Mum and Nana always told me if a ladybird landed on your finger, to let it alone and make a wish when it flew away.

I have to say I feel like kookaburra's are my special animal.

Ladybug - that's gorgeous :wub:

Edited by RedsGirl

brazen

ladybug i think you came to wrong board if you wanted to be considered a kook LOL

Em Cee

I have always believed that ladybugs were goodluck. :happy:

My dd and I seem to always find one on our front porch. :happy:

Once my 3yo squashed one and I was so devastated! :( She now knows that they are our friends. hehe

Edited by amore-mio-figlie

MrsG

Funny I should read this tonight as DH and I only said yesterday that we are seeing ladybugs everywhere in our yard the last few weeks.

At first I thought it was a really special symbol as it has serioulsy been years since I saw a lady bug. Now all of a sudden I can see 5 in one day.Then I thought Hmmmm maybe a breeding season spurt??

But we have had alot of good luck the last couple of weeks and we are putting our house on the market next week to start life fresh in a brand new estate. So after reading this I really believe it to be good luck and a really special symbol.