Guest shauna+Molly+ Me

How hard is it REALLY to put a trampoline together.

Guest shauna+Molly+ Me

We bought this tramp.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...=tab%3DWatching

Its currently in the garage in the box.

Now we really want it to be a surprise for the girls on christmas morning, they will LOVE it :D .

How hard is it really to put these things together?

We are thinking of having Shauna have dinner at DHs parents christmas eve and we can get it together during the daylight hours and then just avoid Shauna going out the back for the rest of the night she is awake, probably only and hour or so.

We willl say their is a beeh hive out there or something.

BUT how hard are these things? and what what length of time will we need with just DH and I doing it?

*dreamer*

DH and I put the kids tramp up in about 1.5 hours. DH is an absolute DIY disaster though and I guess I am not much better. I think if you allowed 2 hours you would finish and have time left over. Have fun!!

asignatureofthings

Oh I totally forgot about having to put the tramp together :doh: My parents are getting the kids one this year, but DH & my dad will be puting it up when they come up on Sunday :xmas_cool:

Chocolate Addict

My 72yo mother and I put one together last year and it took about 2 hours. That didn't include the net though! lol

I put it together upside down first (the hook holes need to be the right way! lol)

So, I would allow around 2 hours. :)

wrappedup

You're giving me (painful) flashbacks.

Give yourself a few hours. And definitely do it in daylight if you can!

SusieGreen

This is the one thing I am really dreading. I got my 3 yr old one and I'm a single parent.

I can just see it going pear shaped and ending in tears.lol

Kafkaesque

I did one on my own and it took a few hours. There were some moments of frustration but that probably had more to do with the fact I was doing it in 40 degree heat.

So with two of you a a few hours should be plently.

mumofsky

The old beehive trick huh......... :D

I'm going to pick one up today, I bought mine off ebay too. I also bought one off ebay for christmas last year but the dog ate it. Hence the new one this year.

Anyway, my experience last year was if you allow about 2 hours it's ok. The hardest part is stretching the bloody mat across the springs, my dad and I attempted to do this together but I couldn't do it to save my life so I kind of stood back and watched as dad did it. But 2 people and 2 hours should be ok. Just get your muscles ready for that stretching... (it is possible I'm just really weak and nobody else struggles with this.)

lindyloo03

i did not think it was hard. I have put it up and down so many times now I can literally do it myself.

VigilantePaladin

It's not hard as in lots of pieces to put together. It's just time consuming and will require a bit of strength when time comes to pull the last few springs onto the frame. I would allow a minimum of 2 hours and lots of towels and water lol

ikeaqueen

I think our neighbours would've been close to calling the police when we were putting ours together on Christmas Eve last year :blush: DH had to put all the springs on (I am weak :lol:) and each one involved a heck of a lot of grunting and a little swearing if he got his finger stuck.

And then there was the stacking it backwards when he slipped and smashed in to the fence... Little more swearing.

I would allow 2 hours and someone strong.

That said, my 53 year old mother put one together basically on her own :shrug:

adnama

We have one to put up as well i've head stories of them taking up to 5hrs to put up.

But then i've been told if you follow the instructions we will be fine.

DF works christmas eve so no chance of starting it early since he didn't attempt to like i asked last saturday night when DD was at her dance concert

~Beckstar~
I put it together upside down first (the hook holes need to be the right way! lol)

lol, we did this too...

We have the oval 14ft from target, took 3 adults (two men) 2.5 hours and few grown up tantrums..

Although we started at 10 pm, darkness is not ideal... We did all giggle at the end of it though, and tested it out!! :)

Its easier to lay out all your pieces on the ground and work from there, (we found) and yes make sure the holes for the springs are facing the sky when you attach them.

JC13

It took 4 of us about 3 hours to do a 14 foot round one, however from memory I think we'd all had a little to drink when we started, plus it was dark. :rolleyes:

Only suggestion if it is a round one and there is two people attaching the mat is to start next to each other and work in opposite directions. We had a brainwave to all take a section of the mat and needless to say it didn't end up to well when we worked out we were out of sinc with the hooks and the holes. :D

Ireckon

lemme see...if you do it DH's way and try to pull the net to the springs, it takes ages....I usually just follow his lead on putting things together, but about half way through, I said, wouldn't it be easier to stretch the springs out to reach the net??????

And hey presto, it all started happening MUCH quicker....

2 hours should be more than enough time...

LittleDCJ

We've also got one in the shed ready to put together xmas eve. I've watched the assembly video on their website and have a pretty good idea of how it goes together.

Our kids comes with a spring stretcher, I've heard it makes it a lot easier. We're hoping to have the base put together by morning and aren't too fussed if we don't get the net on.

Ireckon
Our kids comes with a spring stretcher, I've heard it makes it a lot easier.

Sorry, that is really funny. I know exactly what you mean, but a stretcher for kids!!!! Brilliant.

FWIW, we had that tool to sset our trampoline up too, DH was just using it extremely incorrectly...and getting cranky that it was a useless tool...til he started using it right..

Edited by Ireckon

Marsbar Slice
lemme see...if you do it DH's way and try to pull the net to the springs, it takes ages....I usually just follow his lead on putting things together, but about half way through, I said, wouldn't it be easier to stretch the springs out to reach the net??????

And hey presto, it all started happening MUCH quicker....

If only we had of known this before we started! We put out 13ft up last weekend and do you think two adults could get the springs and mat to join...then we called in reinforcements and a bright spark suggested pulling the springs to the mat and we were done in no time. I think we would still be out there trying if we had not tried this method.

ElleEmDee

My Dh and his dad took about 3 hours in the dark (and I know, I know- I shouldnt say this) the rain.

Im sure its not going to rain on Christmas Eve this year though. Now that our outdoor toy assembly days are over (previous year was a cubby, also assembled in the rain), it will be fine for all the Christmas Eves to come :xmas_laugh:

Good luck- Im sure the kids will love it!

Guest philbysgirl

With 2 people and daylight approx. 2 hours with net. Was a PITA (we did ours last Christmas Eve) but so worth it!

WARNING: DS loved the tramp so much last xmas we couldn't get him off it Christmas day. The next day his muscles were sore and he felt sick so limit the kids time on it until they get use to it. ;)

harrison~at~last

I put DD's together for her birthday a bit over a week ago. It took 3hrs in the dark! The hardest part was balancing the long poles (for the enclosure) while I put the D links on!

squirt70

Aarrrgghh, I'm in a similar situation - but with swings. DH has absolutely NO patience & is unfortunately really bad at anything that requires dismantling or assembling :xmas_huh: Last year he absolutely lost it putting together a plastic supermarket - lots of swearing in Italian (I couldn't understand the words, but understood the "meaning"!) ... & gets unbelievably agitated just getting a toy out of a box.

Dreading Christmas Eve..

Edited by squirt70

Oblique

Just over 2hrs with Dad (68yrs) acting as my beautiful assistant ;)

I agree with the PPs who have said to avoid doing it in the dark! Or rig up some spotlights.

We also had trouble getting the D rings on that hold the net poles, ended up with pliers on either side to "flex" them out so they'd go over the poles.

I would HIGHLY recommend have a glass of something cold and boozy ready for when you're finished.

Kafkaesque
The hardest part was balancing the long poles (for the enclosure) while I put the D links on!

OMG that bit had me swearing! Probably took me the longest to do those alone. I have since seen that many tramps don't have the D links and if I every buy another one I will make sure there are no D links in sight!

Guest CaptainOblivious

Edited by verloren