Sandra

September 05 Parents # 386

~*Sharon*~

:)

12 days!!!!

~crackajac~

Just got back from a week in Noosa, will be back later to catch up- got busy around here while I was gone.

Hope everyone is well

xxx

butterflies

3rd woo hoo!! closest I have been for aaaages

Kay1

Hi everyone. Must go to bed now but went to the GP today and looks like Leo might need grommets. Poor sausage. We see the ENT in Dec so we'll know more then.

Hope everyone is well!

bronx5

Taking Dominic for his first swimming lesson today - fingers crossed that Caleb and Alannah will like the creche and Dom won't scream too much. This is the earliest I've ever attempted swimming lessons - in fact I'm skipping Caleb as he just flatly refuses to go anywhere near the water and I'm hoping by starting Dom that might make Caleb want to have a go. I can only hope!

Kay - Poor Leo - does he keep getting continuous ear infections?

Jac - How was Noosa? Hope you had a lovely break.

mhjemma

Bronwyn - I hope Dominic enjoyed his first swimming lesson and the others were ok at creche.

Kay - Poor Leo :( My niece had grommets in earlier this year (and her tonsils taken out) and she is such a happier little girl for it. Her speech has really improved too.

Jac - Hope Noosa was a good break for you and the family. Will your DH's work hours ever cut down?

Me - Found out today that I will be teaching a Grade 4 class from the end of March next year. The other teachers in my team are lovely and will be a great support for me....don't know about one though. She will be new next year and is the principal's niece! Will have to mind my P's and Q's around her!! There is an unbelievable amount of nepotism at my school!!!! Loving the hot weather at the moment and counting down to the end of the school year (only 5 1/2 weeks to go!!!)

Better go and get the boy into the bath.

xoxoxoxoxo

Kay1

Bugger, did a whole reply and lost it. Grrrr.....

Jac - Lucky you going to Noosa

Bron - Good luck with lessons. Nate is only just now actually making progress after 10 months of lessons. He is still very nervous in the pool at home though.

Mardi - That is great news about the job! I hope it goes well. Is it a public school? I would have thought you'd have to be very careful about nepotism in a public school :unsure:

Leo, yeah, he has had a few ear infections and this latest one just won't go away. Gp thinks both ears are gluey and I do feel his hearing is not 100%. May also explain why he's only saying Dada (although he makes noise ALL the time!) and not walking, he's certainly strong enough but his balance is not great. So I want to get onto it asap. Nate had them too but his would heal in between and then recur so we took a wait and see approach and now he's grown out of them (well had one this year). So we see the ENT in December and in the meantime he has to be on low dose antibiotics as a preventative which I really don't like but thankfully we got him in this year, the GP thought we'd have to wait til February!

Edited by Kay1

mhjemma

Kay - If you have the feeling that Leo is not hearing well, and his balance isn't great then it is fantastic that you can get into the ENT soon.

And the school is a Catholic school, hence being able to get away with the nepotism.

Caius is slowly coping with losing his best buddies from next door, but he asks if we can go to their beach house every day. 9 more sleeps and we will head down :)

~*Sharon*~

Happy Birthday my Midget!!!

mummy_to_b
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOBY

mhjemma

Happy Birthday Toby :)

Hope you have had a great day.

Kay1

Happy Birthday Toby!!

~crackajac~

Happy Birthday Toby

Starbuck

Happy Birthday Toby.

Hi all, I'm still here. I'm still crap, but....I went out to a work drinks thing tonight and then to a friends (where I completely lost the plot but lets move past that.) SO I was dressed and out the of the house and talking to people (and not just about my health crap - I pratciced saying "fine thanks and how are you' with a smaile so people dind'tknow how bad I have been. People at work are lovely and well aware of my health probs, but not depression so didn't want to blurt something wrong out to.

Hopefully I will feel better soon /. Doctors are all trying to help sort meds out so thats good.

Love you all. Thinking of all of you.

Rosalie is still writing her name but now her letters are a bit mixed up she spells it 'Rosliae'. But sitll so clever for a little girl./ :)

Considering this has typos throughout I think thats good. Sorry about the typos. :)

bronx5

Starbuck - Clever Rosalie!! And I totally know what you mean about the "I'm good, how are you?" thing. I've become quite good at it and only my closest friends know exactly how much I fake it at times. Depression sucks and I hate the rollercoaster ride too and I don't have the extra health problems you have to deal with every day.

Happy Birthday for yesterday little Toby! Hope you had a lovely day filled with lots of cake and fun with your family!

Dom had quite a good time at his first swimming lesson. He didn't exactly love it but then he didn't hysterically scream the place down either so that was good. The creche was a bit of a problem though. They informed AFTER I had paid for swimming etc that Alannah was actually too young to go into it - they only take children from 18mths. Aaaarrrggghh! That was why I chose to start lessons now with Dom before he started to get terrified of water because there was a creche the other two could go into. Luckily a couple of people I know also take their children there at the same time so they have kindly offered to watch Alannah for me for the next 2 months until she is old enough to go to creche.

Uhhhhhhhh - I'm so tired today and don't feel like doing anything. Unfortunately I shall have to get over it as I must the clean the house as the in-laws are coming tomorrow for Brienna's birthday and the place is truly feral. I also have to work this afternoon and now DH wants me to go and have a look at some land and then after that nip on over to the Display Village at North Lakes and wander around a couple of display homes he likes to see if they're any good. Sure honey - I've got nothing else to do today! Mind you he did tidy up the house last night so at least all I actually have to do is clean it as long as the kids don't trash it before they go to school and care.

Okay - better get off the computer and actually make a start.

bellemae

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOBY Hope you had a fabulous day!!!

Kirsten Gosh it sounds like you're going through so much at the moment :bighug: Really hoping the Drs can sort out your meds soon and you start feeling better. Thinking of you love.

OMG, my little boy is at big school today :o It's the kindy orientation day, school hasn't decided whether Kai can/should start next year (we're not certain either, but going through the motions so we have the most options to do what's best for him)...they've agreed to let him join in on the orientation...I think so they can see how he copes. All went well this morning - he's been SO excited!! They get taken to hang out in a classroom with the kindergarten kids, he was great, not fazed by any of it, barely even said goodbye to us. Hopefully he has a good morning and doesn't suddenly decide he needs me *fingers crossed* ....Felt very strange leaving him behind at the school.

Constant sagas here....monitor we bought was fabulous - for a week - then totally died! It's meant to have a replacement warranty, but the store said they didn't have any more in stock, Samsung say they don't have any in stock anywhere in Australia and it'll be until 18 Jan before they can replace it!! Matt noticed online that the store have suddenly changed the item to 'in stock', so he called to confirm, they say they've put one aside for him and he's headed off to pick it up now....got a dodgy feeling about this place though, wouldn't surprise me if suddenly they don't have it when he gets there and try to convince him to get a different one...just have to wait 'n see...

ah, ok, rambling on again....better go...

Kay1

Ah what a hassle Belle! Hope it all works out.

OMG Kai at big school! How exciting and amazing! It sounds like he will be fine so good luck with deciding whether to send him next year, good idea to keep your options open.

Well I have a one child day today. Leo is asleep and I should be doing some housework before we go to Gymbaroo but I am just reading my book on the lounge. Have been feeling strange lately and am off to the GP this afternoon so taking it easy today (no definitely NOT UTD so don't get excited!).

bellemae

Hope you enjoyed the quiet Kay....much more important than getting housework done!

Well, Kai did fabulously, had a great day. He was the only pre-schooler in his kindy class, but didn't seem fazed by it :D He's keen to do it all again next Friday - although a little upset that he only gets to go twice! He wants to wear a school uniform next time - too cute!

bronx5

My DH's family are complete nutters!!!!! It's amazing he turned out as good as he did really.

Happy 8th Birthday to my beautiful girl Brienna. Can't believe you are 8 already my princess.

~*Sharon*~

Happy Birthday Brienna!!!

Thanks all for the birthday wishes for Toby!! We have just finished his party, now he is asleep, and DH is about to head out to pick up all our holiday tickets... I am so tempted to use this time to sleep!

mummy_to_b
Happy 8th Birthday Brienna

Kay1

Happy Birthday Brienna!

My DH's family are complete nutters!!!!! It's amazing he turned out as good as he did really.
I think this all the time Bron!!

Had a nice day today, had brekkie with some girlfriends (childless ones so good conversation LOL). Then came home and played in the garden with the kids and my folks came over and we all had a swim.

I am babysitting a friend's 1 year old girl tonight. OMG she is so cute but she don't want to sleep :wacko: She is usually a great sleeper so not sure what the problem is.

Kay1

Me again! Well gee I'm chuffed. I decided I wanted to get Leo a Cozy Coupe for Christmas but they are so exxy. So I looked on Ebay but they were all going for such high prices. Target had them for $150 but they were the new style with the faces which I just don't like LOL. Anyway I found one in the trading post, picked it up today and its fabulous, looks like new! Its the red and blue one which I really like and it is in immaculate condition and cost $70 :dance: Obviously these people weren't Ebay savvy! They had a carport FULL of toys and I wish I could have stayed and looked at them but we had been in the car for hours by then and the kids had had enough.

Went to Fairfield City Farm today - geez its far, doesn't help when you get lost multpile times LOL. We so need a GPS :blush: ! Anyway the kids enjoyed it but I must say I was not overly impressed considering if cost us $42. I think there are other places that are just as good.

Kay1

Damn you Sharon LOL! Thanks to your puppy post I started looking at PetRescue and have so far tagged about 5 dogs I want to adopt!!! :o:lol:

I mean OMG!!!

How could you say no?

Edited by Kay1