Sandra

October 05 Parents # 446

blondeboys

Gold :p

mel83

Silver :D

Danni- Well hopefully things get done soon. I know Emma has had a distended abdomen forever. They just keep telling me it's due to constipation. I have had trouble with her bowels since she was born and still to this day they just don't listen to me.

Purple_Gecko

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLAKE (belated, sorry)

Danni

It sucks that it takes so long. I think I would have just tried the elimination tests having to wait so long. Poor little thing.

I wont take the kids trick or treating. It is an american tradition and one I wont do ever. My kids go if they are with others but not from my house :p MEAN MUM I AM.

Mel

I hate it when they dont listen. Dotn worry about your symptoms not being there. Every pg is different.

Kristy

I hope you have no more mite issues. I would be worried about flying ones too when you just spent that kind of money getting rid of them grrrrrr.

Thats all i can remember :S hahahaha

~Danni~

Syl~ I was tempted to eliminate the gluten but would really like a formal diagnosis

Mel~ Constipation can be caused by gluten intolerance, but some people just dont have many symptoms, poor Paige has the full gamut of symptoms

SimplySweet

Afternoon

Just cruising by

Been to 2 parties today, omg so hot. Home under the air cond now

Heading over to friends for dinner soon. Will be nice not to cook

Mel, Gotta love ms. Worst part for sure. Ryan is fine. It's an easy op. He can hear so well now, it's great. Fingers crossed the speech will come now. We will still follow through with speech and he will be going to an OT and pead for some checks on other issues but all good at moment. One step at a time. Thomas had his final appt a few mths ago with ENT and finally has no more fluid, perfect hearing and a clean bill of health. Lis is amazing after hers. She has gained 3½kgs since march and sleeps and eats fantastic. She is just perfect now.

Danni, No not sprayed but treated yes with Premise. We had holes drilled every 30cm into the concrete all around our place and some trenches out the front in the driveway and totally filled with the stuff, it overflows and treats all down cracks, etc too and has an agent that makes it absorb far into concrete and down, also trees and pergola treated too. We have metal fence so that was ok. Much better to treat this way then spraying. We didn't need to leave house and no smell. Even the dog could stay outside during treatment, took him 7 hrs to do it though.

http://www.murraypestcontrol.com.au/?cat=2644&id=173313

Sorry to hear about your friends baby, how tough :(

I love Halloween, it's great fun. What's to be against in my books??? I don't see it as an American tradition, mine have been trick or treating since I can remember. We went to a Halloween party last night and had a ball. Kids have loads of lollies. It's great!

We have spent $9000 on Thomas's 3 surgeries, Lis's 1 and Ryan's 1. No way would we wait for public system. If you think something is wrong, make them listen. If they don't listen, pay someone who will. We do most privately as the public system is just pathetic. I don't understand how people can just trust and wait on the public system when their kids suffer.

Syl, Flying termites are always out and about. You get them too, everyone does. Every 3rd house in most streets people would have termites. Many live in gardens. It's how your house is protected that matters. We were due for treatment anyway so made us do it asap. We have learnt a lot about other factors that play a part in termites this last week and not even related to wood, so it's been a real learning curve, despite it's cost.

Well better get a move on. J is due home at 6pm from his gf's. He went there for a swim after his bowling party. B is at his gf's too. Dh is building a brick wall in the garden, near the cubby house. We sold the aviary and are pulling out all sleepers.

Take care everyone

Edited by SimplySweet

Purple_Gecko

kristy

yeah I figured we would have them too, i just dont know what they look like to know them is all :p

Sounds like you had a busy weekend. I ti s so nice to have the heat to do the social stuff even if it is a shock to the system. I hope you dont have power issues as often thins year.

Danni

I hope your friend bubby is ok after her surgery.

~Danni~

Got a message from my friend, her little girl is off some of the drugs and opened her eyes, and she got to give her a cuddle today :wub: Hopefully she wont be in the hospital too long, I know they keep the kids in ICU for a while after surgery and then transfer them up to the wards, hopefully she wont be in there for too long.

Flying termites/ants~ I hate those things! Had them fly inside the house once, awful, awful things! Sprayed half a can of fly spray on them!

SimplySweet

They are similiar to flying ants but flying ants have wings 2 different sizes, one set smaller than the other, termites have both sets the same size. Flying ants also have a smaller abdomen where termites don't and termites are lighter in colour in most circumstances. Their wings fall off very very easily too

Funny you say that Syl, when we just got the power back on after a blackout today :rolleyes: . Oh it's going to be a fabulous summer :glare:

Too much development around us, is going to make it very hard this year, more than before I think

It's dropped down to 34 now, hit 37 at 10.30am

Was a very busy weekeend, we got home a tad too late last night, noone wanted to go to school today. I didn't even take Lis and Ryan to gymkids, she wouldn't even wake up today, even when she did come out, she went back to sleep on the lounge. And Ryan didn't want until we left to take boys to school. Early night for all tonight

SimplySweet

happy-birthday.gif
Charlotte

Hope she has a wonderful birthday today

25th July 2005 - Lachlan
20th September 2005 - Dylan
28th September 2005 - Isabella
1st October 2005 - Bailey
3rd October 2005 - Alicia
6th October 2005 - Eamon
8th October 2005 - Neeky
9th October 2005 - Sophie
9th October 2005 - Jessica
10th October 2005 - Meg
10th October 2005 - Jack
10th October 2005 - Riley
10th October 2005 - Imogen
10th October 2005 - Alyssa
11th October 2005 - Tyler
14th October 2005- Annelise
19th October 2005 - Paige
26th October 2005 - Will
27th October 2005 - Morgan
28th October 2005 - Bailey
28th October 2005 - Isabel
28th October 2005 - Nicholas
31st October 2005 - Blake

2nd November 2005 - Charlotte
3rd November 2005 - Claire
6th November 2005 - Oscar

blondeboys

Happy Birthday Charlotte!!!!

Thank you Fiona for Blakes pressie! he absolutely loves them!!! xoxo

just got Joel weighed, he has put on 910g since birth, he is 2 w4days old. lol

Bloomer

Happy Birthday Charlotte!!!! hope you are enjoying your baby brother

Milly Molly Mandy

Happy birthday Blake (bit late)

Happy birthday Charlotte

Congrats Mel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went away for the weekend, went trick or treating because the people we went with are really into it. Unfortunately we had a pretty bad strike rate as alot of houses are holiday houses. Anyway the kids had fun with the few houses where they did get something.

Hope everyone is well

Back soon

Celeste

KylieToo

Happy Birthday Charlotte.

*Danielle

Happy birthday Charlotte :D

Bloomer

Just a hint for the 4yo injection the drs seem to be giving the swine flu injection to the mums at the same time.. and it hurt! Bella was fantastic never made a squeak she told me she was going to be brave.

~Danni~

Happy Birthday Charlotte

Kristy~ Thanks for the info on termites :lol:

SimplySweet

I learnt heaps Danni :tongue:

Cathy, I wouldn't accept that injection if it was offered :tongue: but thanks for letting us know. I won't be doing Lis's injections until she is nearly 5 . Well done Bella, such a brave girl

blondeboys

I declined the swine flu vax too.

~Danni~

Ill be getting Paige immunized against swine flu and regular flu as she is in a high risk category. Im delaying her 4 year immunizations till after Christmas and until she is better.

I havent heard any updates from my friend about her little girl :( Ive been checking my phone but nothing, and Im real worried, Im hoping no news is good news :pray:

Bloomer

I figured get the needle before it becomes an issue.. flu needle I could take it or leave it.. definitely would not have rushed up to get it but the Flu I had last year was not fun with two kids to look after while DH was OS..

Annabel05

Hello,

I know its been ages since I have been here and I have been meaning to pop in all of October but just wanted to pop in and say a very happy (belated) birthday to all the octobabes, can't believe they will all be going to school next year!

Hope everyone is well and congrats to all the new babies and babies to be.

Things are all good here, girls are going great, Imogen is cheeky as ever and amusing, keep me on my toes.

We are heading back to the UK for a visit next year, flights booked and paid for now. Really looking forward to seeing friends and family, its been 5 years since we moved over here.

Been working 3 days a week and loving it, working at an online kitchenware shop, 5 mins up the road, very handy.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi

Annabel

My Four Boys

Morning

Just wanted to quickly say a belated Birthday to Blake and Charlotte..

I'm sorry i'm late. I hope they both had great days.

mel83

Happy Belated Birthday to Charlotte and also Happy Birthday to Claire for yesterday!!

Went to the GP yesterday to confirm pregnancy and he is sending me for a scan as he thinks I may be further along that first thought. I don't think I am but means I get to have a scan :) Will see him again in a few weeks and will then ask him a million and one questions.

It's been so long since being pregnant I can't remember if all the niggles and pains I get are normal!! It's almost as though I can feel my uterus tightening, but know it would be way too early for that.

Hope everyone is well

SimplySweet
barbiehappybirthdayclassicballoon.gif

Claire

If you pop your head in Kim, hope she had a great day

One more birthday to go :D

Not up to much today. Just did my plasma, a friend came today too and gave her first ever donation. So proud, she was so nervous.
2 more hrs kid free then time to get kids