Sign in to follow this  
Lovesherboy

Home Based Business

Lovesherboy

Hi im looking for a home based business if anyone has any ideas??

I have no idea what i want to do I want to do something that I like so i can commit to it but just hitting a brick wall at the moment.

I prefer no party plan as I cant do the parties. Any suggestions please

antianara

how about stuff you can sell online?

Lovesherboy

Hi Corrie may I ask what you do can pm if you cant say on here thanks

melanieb530

Family Day Care can be a good option.

There's currently a $1500 Federal Government Grant available to help people with the costs of starting up a Family Day Care service from their own home so it helps with expenses like police clearnaces, first aid certificate, extra equipment like cots, carseats, twin pram etc and safety upgrades to the house.

In remote rural areas the grant is for $5000 to cover costs like fencing if you're on a farm property and need to set up a securely fenced garden area.

tarnya71

i have been running my own successful work from home business for the past 16 months....its great, I enjoy the flexibility it offers me.

If you would like more information on how to run your own business from home message me, all business tools, training and ongoing mentoring are free.

Upfront cost of $600 to get your business started required

Have a great day

Tarnya

Jembo
Start out on ebay if you want to sell a product and see if you like it, just make sure its something you love and believe in! thats important otherwise you'll get bored or not want to do it! Also remember it takes time to build a business, I think a lot of people start up and expect the customers from day one...I've been running mine since 2007 with a break when I had the twins.

I agree, you definately need to find something you are passionate about.

A business takes a lot of work and it takes time, especially if you start one yourself. A lot of people want to do online businesses. To buy an existing one is big $$$ specially one that is earning. To start your own will take a lot of work, and realistically you won't start earning money from it for a while, as if you start up small you use any money you back to put back in to buy stock.

Research is really important. Once you work out what it is you are passionate about, research it to death, make sure your idea is feasible and there arent already 100 other businesses doing it, and if there are, how are you going to differ.

Ebay and markets are a great way to start selling without large set up costs, and will help you get a feel for what works and what doesn't and also to see how committed you are.

**BOOM**

Totally agree with everything jembo has said.

I think some people are under the impression that online businesses will bring in the $$ from day one. It is hard work & it has taken me about 3.5yrs to start earning a healthy income from it & establishing my solid customer base. Once you have a solid customer base, I found it has taken off through word of mouth. But it's the early days where I questioned whether all the work was worth it.

Markets are great too. Great to get put inthe fresh air & get your business out there. Also great way to sell your business to new customers aswell.

.Ally.

I can't comment on how feasible the ideas are but I got sent a sample pdf of 'The Ideas Book' which claims to have 175 work from home ideas.

I doubt many of them bring in a steady healthy income, they sound more like money-making hobbies, but it certainly will provide some inspiration. Or at the very least rule out what you're not interested in!

http://www.theideasbook.com.au/