Guest Moving On

Guest Chad~Viki~Seed

Edited by Contento

PackedToTheRafters

I usually reply with "I have a addiction". But really it is no one else's business.

I adore having a big family and most people just don't and will never get it. It freaks them out when they ask me if I am having anymore (in that tone), and I just answer yes in 3-4years. People usually don't know what to say then.

Although a lady did say to me the other day, "Gosh how many do you have?", I said 6. Then she said "Oh that's not too bad", I just walked off. I don't think it is bad at all!! :ph34r:

I do have religous reasons, but I don't go into them as I feel they are too personal
Me too.

LadyBeetle.

I don't give a reason. It's just something that DH and I both wanted. There is no religious reasons behind it what so ever. It's just what we wanted. I usually state though that I am 1 of 7 and DH 1 of 6 so it seems quite normal to us.

We look after our children ourself and don't even get them babysat so I don't see who's business it is but ours, how many we have. I can handle it from the general public but really dislike it when family says things about it as it's usually those that had heaps of children themselves that make comments so who are they to say a thing?

I also hate (being that I am pregnant) when family say, "so are you going to stop now?" I just reply with either, "well isn't the saying 8 is enough" or "10 has always seemed like a good number to me" Even though this is our last, I will not tell those that are so rude to question our family size choice, such a thing lol

Charmzy

We don't have 6 yet... but we're working on it lol When people ask me questions like that I just tell them the truth.. how much I love being a mum and having a house full of children! That always brings with it 'well how many will you have' and whatnot questions which for me is probably easier to answer as #6 has to be the final (I'm sure I said that with #5 for medical reasons but surgeon agreed for one so long as I dont try to talk him into any more after this one hahaha)

insanemumofboyzx6

I never really wanted 6 kids it just happened to be so what was meant to be is and that is it for us....

Mind you i would still love to 'keep trying' for that elusive girl as i love all my boys to bits. :D but its not to be but if my number doesnt come up on that waitling list soon............. who knows what mother nature may have in store for us ;)

Rosalita

We don't have six, yet, but we will & that a definite!!!!!!

:babyflip: :babyflip: :babyflip: :babyflip: :babyflip: :babyflip: LOL!

I basically just say how much I love my kids & that when we are so good at something why stop? I also say how great my kids are, how well behaved, in love with each other they are, how happy & how much DH enjoy their company :wub:

I find that if I answer with positives, then people really don't have a come back!

DenimAngel

It is a difficult question to answer but personally being from five and dh from six plus a foster brother with even more Aunties and Uncles having just three felt like lots of someones were missing lol. It was just like my heart wasn't full yet. What I didn't realise was my heart would grow with each one and there would always be room for just one more :love:

We only stopped because we had too and then we slipped up but definately finished now but definately not happy about it :down: I mean I was one of five and I was sad when my own Mum wasn't having anymore.

Always&Forever

Why? Basically why not! LOL!

Always wanted kids, grew up wanting my mother to have one more (cos' I am the baby) and told her I would look after him/her if she did LOL! Funny I was under 10yrs myself :)

I was very lucky/blessed to meet the man of my dreams, my soul mate and my best friend when I was 19yrs (and being overly fertile) has definitely made having his children the best accomplishment in my life.

I am one of three girls and my husband is one of three boys and both of us wanted more than 3 kids. When we got together we discussed having 4 or 6 children.

We had 4 and for some reason or another I had this overwhelming feeling we were meant to have one more and after discussions with my hubby he had been thinking the same thing.

Sadly Joshua had a severe disability and only lived for 2hours.

After he died I didn't want that to be my children's last experience (even though there was never to be a guarantee of future pregnancies/births).

So having the need to hold another baby in my arms we decided to try for another and were blessed, then thought he would miss out on what the others had had being so close in age, a companion/buddy (due to the age difference of the 4th and 6th). So we agreed on just one more and for whatever reason we were blessed with another baby.

So grateful and humbled through our entire journey. So our family is completed even though it will never be COMPLETE.

A jigsaw forever missing one piece but still a beautiful picture regardless :)

They are what make me who I am today and without them I would only be a hollow shell.

Having had many children has never been a burden, quite frankly it has truly been a blessing, and my love for them grows a little every day even as I deal with teenagers who are dealing with the normal teenage dramas and a toddler going through the I want things my way stage. Life is never dull in our household, and I honestly don't know what I will do with myself when they are gone, as I thoroughly enjoy motherhood and all that it entails.
- not written by me but is so appropriate.

Hope that all makes some sense :)

Nicole

Reneej

I just say I was Born to Breed ROFL( should get a shirt made up ) nah I am lucky I have the gift to fall preg easy and we both love kids and never really planned to have a Large family well I did DP Didn't LOL but he came around although this one being #5 is it I think DP is Pretty firm now that this is the last.

I hate people that pity us I say Phooey to them :rolleyes:

Renee

Rosalita
although this one being #5 is it I think DP is Pretty firm now that this is the last.

(My bold)

Famous last words, huh? :tongue:

CandysFamily

We just say to people that ask us now: What's one more when you have this many?

kim11

Ahhh,I am a lurker in the large families section. I have 2 and for several reasons that will be it for use. But i secretly wanted one more and maybe even more after that for the "house full of kids "feeling. Hopefully I can help fill it up with the kid's friends. Good for you for doing what you want, having the kids you can afford and doing it all well.

AuntyK

Because I find babies delightful, I love watching toddlers and young school aged kids learn knew things, I love doing craft and activities that are a little more grown up with the older kids, I love having adult conversations with my teens, I love watching them grow into beautiful human beings. Most of all I love watching them all together, interacting, the teens with the toddler, the young ones with the baby. I love when they laugh together, share secrets, play games and help each other out.

I rarely tire of this life, rarely complain and rarely wish for something else. My family is what I desire, I have simple wants when you sum it all up. I've enjoyed travel, enjoyed friendships, enjoyed a short career. I've extended myself, indulged in hobbies, experienced a number of things in life. And in the end, what grounds me, what keeps me happy, are my children.

So that is why I have a large family. Because I never imagined it any other way.

K

AuntyK

Oh, and I'm guessing you want something a little less sappy and vomit making than that? So just go with 'because I'm good at it'. I mean, when you find something that you are good at, why stop doing it??

K

PackedToTheRafters

AuntyK, I liked your first answer! :clap::grin: I'm frankly sick of people suggesting I have done my quota! I just adore kids too. :wub:

Rosalita
What's one more when you have this many?
:yes:

I rarely tire of this life, rarely complain and rarely wish for something else. My family is what I desire, I have simple wants when you sum it all up. I've enjoyed travel, enjoyed friendships, enjoyed a short career. I've extended myself, indulged in hobbies, experienced a number of things in life. And in the end, what grounds me, what keeps me happy, are my children.
:wub:

JaneMcG

Nicole thankyou for your beautiful reply, particulary the point about them making you who you are today. It brought tears to my eyes and reinforced to me why we have our four beautiful children.

Thankyou

juliavc

I've only got 3, so never really been asked the question, but I can't believe people can be so rude as to come and ask such a thing.

If they said something to me, I think I would be too stunned at their rudeness to adequately respond!

love_my_princesses

hi,

well i dont quiet have 6 yet but would be so happy to have 6 or even more. i have 4 girls aged 4.5, 3, 2 and 1 and get asked that all the time. my family didnt like me having 2 let alone 4 and are going to be very annoyed when they find out im pregnant with #5. i only found out yesterday and am so happy but very nervous, just praying for a sticky. but what will be will be. 1 of the main questions i get asked is if thats the last one or are we going to try for a boy. i tell everyone that 6 is our magic number and will be trying for that many regardless of if we have a boy or not. honestly im not worried about the gender just as long as the children are happy and healthy.

dh's family is the same though, they didnt want us having any more than 2 either but i keep telling everyone that we are the ones who raise the girls and care for them ect, the only time any of them have been babysat is when i've been in hospital giving birth to the other. i grew up in a family of 7 kids, 2 step sisters, 1 step brother, 2 half brothers and 1 half sister plus myself. i also have 3 half sisters and 1 half brother on my dads side. dh is 1 of 3 so we both want a large family of our own. dh was the youngest and always wanted a little sibling so makes sense that we both want a big family.

do you all get the comment 'WOW, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR HANDS FULL'?

i do ALL the time and my reply is always 'actually no i don't, i feel it's easier than having just 1' and thats exactly how i feel.

i say good on you all for living your lives and having the families you want and love!

Edited by love_my_princesses

kaishra

I haven't come up with an answer yet though if I'm asked again I'll just say "Cause I can" that tends to shut them up, really i'm the eldest of 3, DH is the youngest of 4, I didn't want 3 kids so we decided on 4, then we figured that since we still had a spare car seat we may as well fill it so along came #5, I just wish that I'd thought further ahead and bought a bus as I'd love to have #6 and 7 but that is not to be :(

Congratulations Renee :D

~Sorceress~

I've just realised that this means with 6 children I've entered large, large family territory! :D

I like to wait until my husband's with me, because he can't resist the "we're just trying to find one we like" line and delivers it so well :8 .

OrangeSprout

When growing up I always said that I would like to have 6 children but it was something that was never planned.

But going from 1 to 3, then 3 to 5 made it a bit easier to do lol... number 6 was a big suprise.

And now my new hubby and I have number 7 (he is aged 5yrs old) and that is the end - yes I made sure of that.

I regret ending on an odd number but do know that 7 is really enough for me.

I hate it when people ask the how many do you have question and normally the OMG are you joking that comes out afterwards when you answer them!!

Charmzy
Because I find babies delightful, I love watching toddlers and young school aged kids learn knew things, I love doing craft and activities that are a little more grown up with the older kids, I love having adult conversations with my teens, I love watching them grow into beautiful human beings. Most of all I love watching them all together, interacting, the teens with the toddler, the young ones with the baby. I love when they laugh together, share secrets, play games and help each other out.

So that is why I have a large family. Because I never imagined it any other way.

K

Oh that is lovely and sooo spot on as to why I love having a large family and why I really dont want to stop even when we do have 'one more'

Gosh make me all teary why not lol