Sign in to follow this  
morgansacre

Where Can I Get Laminate/Formica Samples? UPDATE + Qs

morgansacre

I have ordered my new oven :p Falcon Classic Cream 90cm all electric. Now I want my kitchen cupboards to match the oven colour.

Andi-Co are sending me out a sample swatch of the colour so I can match it with a laminate colour for the cupboards. Now I can't stand the guy who is doing the plans for the kitchen, he just drives me insane with his opinions on what "he would do or chose" instead of what I want. This is the only kitchen place in our area, so I have no other choice but to have him :( When I told him I wanted to match the cupboards with my oven he told me I would be better to chose a totally different colour to contrast it.....I told him I want it my way....MATCHING!!!

Just about everything I have chosen this guy has either made comments or suggested different ideas, his favourite words are: "In my kitchen we had this" I don't care what he had, I want a classic country kitchen in light ivory to cream and black marble look bench tops.....but he seems to think I'm wrong :cry:

Once I get this colour swatch I want to find a matching laminate colour and just hand it to him, and say this is what I want. But I don't want to go into the store and look for colours because I don't want to confront him again.....I'm fed up of his opinions and he never stops talking.

So is there anywhere else I can go that has these laminate/formica samples?

We have a Thrifty Link Hardware, Beaumont Tiles, but not much else in town.

Can I get them online and have them sent out to me?

Thanks for listening, its just I'd do anything if I don't have to face this guy again :(

Lynn

Edited by morgansacre

Amanda_R

You can get them mailed to you. I grabbed a bunch off the wall from Kitset Kitchens when I was in pricing them up. I'm pretty sure there are storefronts for Laminex too, so try there.

But easiest way, just get them online. Most places will send samples (got a bunch from Ceaserstone for nothing).

:)

*eta* Have you seen the marble look Laminex in person yet? I found it a little too full on and distracting, and I really didnt like that when you looked closely, you could see the pixel/dot/printing of the pattern itself. I found 'Starlight' to be much nicer, worth looking at too, or the 'Nero Quartz' and similar for a more fabricated stone look.

*eta* Out of curiosity if you dont mind me being a busybody, why have you chosen to go with this guy if he's so unwilling to listen and support your choices? I really think that working with someone who will listen to what you want, offer support and new ideas( not their opinion and nothing else) is really important. I'd find it really hard to give someone like your guy my business, even if someone else costs more, what you are getting for your money is a far better experience! He sounds so sucky! Oh dear I'm sure me saying this is not very helpful either. :/

Edited by Amanda_R

~*hiptobesquare~*
Just about everything I have chosen this guy has either made comments or suggested different ideas, his favourite words are: "In my kitchen we had this"

I am going through the same thing at the moment building our new house. It is driving me up the wall.

Edited by ~*LuCySMumMa*~

morgansacre

Amanda,

I live rural so I have no other choice, and no one wants to travel 300km a day to do a kitchen so I am stuck with this %$#@^&% person :cry: I haven't yet seen anything of these bench tops only small samples. I will check out the Starlight (is that a laminate?) and Nero Quartz, thanks.

Lucy's Mum - best of luck :( it seems customer service sux big time, especially when you have no choice.

This guy is just a sales rep. but he is the one that takes all the measurements, makes the plans in 3D on the computer and your stuck with him until you do the final selections of cupboards, door handles, bench tops etc.....I'm hoping that when thats finished he is also finished.

Last time he came to my house to measure it up. I told him I don't want a flick mixer tap, so he included it in the quote. I told him I wanted a double same size sink, he included a 1 1/2 sink. I told him I wanted the microwave on the bench, he put it in a shelf (I am short and my DD has Aspergers with low muscle tone, so having a microwave up high is out of the question) he turned round when I told him he made a mistake, and said "Oh you changed your mind then?" ARGH!!!!

I am having a huge island bench and breakfast bar, it will include 2 cupboard doors, 2 wine racks and 3 wicker baskets. He then told me I am better off going to Go-Lo and getting the baskets from them as it will be cheaper.....WFT!!!! the baskets dont fit on a sliding drawer.....the proper baskets have a wooden surround that supports the baskets and they slide easily in and out....who friggin cares they cost $95 each. I want the proper baskets, not some cheap crap that will fall apart and won't even fit properly.....ghee I hate this moron.

I am hating this stage of the renovations....can't wait until its over with.

Lynn

Edited by morgansacre

Amanda_R

Have you considered doing the kitchen yourself? I'm most likely going to get mine through Kitset, they are really quite good in terms of quality, range of benchtops/doors etc, their cabinetry is very flexible and the hardware they use one of the best. Their delivery costs are surprising cheap, I know someone who got an entire kitchen delivered from Melb to SA for $160.

The Starlight and Nero Quartz are both laminate, I know the starlight comes in a matte/satin and a gloss, not sure on the NQ.

He sounds like a right tosser, it really sucks when you are stuck going local and they can seem to do what they want, take as long as they want and charge what they want because they know they have the monopoly on that market.

Best of luck, hope it's over soon!

The_Simple_Life

bunnings?

I dunno how rural you are?

Little Bo Peep

If you go to laminex.com.au - you can view the range online and can also order some samples and brcohures.

morgansacre

Amanda - DH is 64 and working FT so doesn't want to do this at all. Years ago he would have tried it, but not now he just wants someone else to do all the hard work. I don't blame him :) I agree the guys a tossa.

The_Simple_Life - Our nearest Bunnings is 500km round trip away :(

Little Bo Beep - I looked on there today and have ordered 5 Brochures. Thank you.

Lynn

Edited by morgansacre

morgansacre

Amanda - I received a copy of the Laminex Color Chart, I found Starlight and its perfect for my bench tops, its one I would have chosen and its the one now on my list. I couldn't find Nero Quartz, but very happy with Starlight :p Thank you.

OK Update : I have received the colour swatch from the Falcon oven, the British paint is called "Light Ivory" but looks more like a medium Beige colour, there's just no way that is Ivory.... :( it happens to be the same colour as my present kitchen cupboards which I hate. So I have chosen "New Antique White" with the black marble look "Starlight" bench top and black door handles.

I have another question:

How similar are the colours on the brochure to the actual overall look of the laminex?

Like paint I don't want the sample on the colour chart to be very different to the actual paint. I'm not sure if this is the same with laminex.

Does anyone have Antique White cupboards?

Do they look nice?

Do they get dirty fast?

Lynn

Bissett

Lynne - Id be more than happy to mail you some Laminex chips. Let me know which ones you want & PM me your addy. Im at work tomorrow so can do it then

FWIW new antique white & starlight will look very nice together, I just wouldnt choose the gloss

morgansacre

Thank you so much I have pm'd you.

Plus thanks about my choice :) I wanted a lighter looking kitchen to the dull beige everything is at the moment. It is certainly going to look so different.....I can't wait.

Lynn :)