Sign in to follow this  
Sandra

June 06 Parents # 264

Guest philbysgirl
GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emma thats good news about Amelie. Same happens to me whenever I get run down, blocked ear, sore throat etc.

Sorry I couldn't post a picture of Gemma's baby grl :sorry: . Shan & I have sent pics to each other before, but my phone would not let me retrieve this one. My phone is nothing flash so probably just does not support the files that Gemma sent to Shan. :pray: Can anyone else try and post it, I can't wait to see her. :happy:

Has anyone heard any updates from Gemma?

Where have you been hiding out Bel? I hope everything is ok with you. Edited by philbysgirl

4littlemonkeys

SILVER!

GOod to hear all is good with Amelie Em!

Well due to the scroll craze I now have custard scrolls cooking the oven.. I hope they turn out ok! :)

Busy day here today - just catching up on things around the house - and gardening.. I want DH to help me with as much as possible before the footy game starts.. not sure if its an arvo or evening game.. i am hoping for evening.. because he will be no help after that! :lol: I am used to it though so can't complain! :)

Edited by ~*Rach*~

MotherClucker

Morning ladies! P went away for weekend so im being a single muvva :rofl: And ready to go bonkers!! Caity is cutting her top two teeth atm so is being a real joy at the moment. I feel for her, I really do! but mummy really needs to get some sleep. I dont sleep when P is away as it is so getting up at 2, 3:30, 4, 5:30 is really testing my endurance ;)

I text'd Gem this morning to see how shes going but nothing so far. Thank you for trying Leah :wub: I think Susie was trying too.

Just made a veggie slice for the first time (and snuck a piece!) YUUM! Has carrot, zuchinni and corn in it as well as ham and onion (ok so not just a veggie slice lol)

Have added it to my make once a week list!

4littlemonkeys

It really makes you appreciate what the guys do when they go away doesn't it Shan.. We make vegie slice a fair bit and its great! The kids are actually taking it in their lunch box on Monday to Daycare as we are having it for dinner on Sunday night.

We just had a brunch picnic in the backyard with the custard and banana scrolls :wub:, anzac biccies and a fruit platter.. Kids loved it.. but being that its quite warm already we had to curtail it to only 15 mins! :)

MotherClucker

I wish it was warmer here :( We always seem to miss out. I have the fire going inside still.

Veggie slice was eaten by 1 child willingly and 1 child begrudgingly. The boy gagged til he made himself vomit and Sarah only ate it if it was washed down with a swig of water. Caity didnt care regardless but that girl will eat anything LOL

Oh for sure Rach!! And hes really done a fantastic job reorganising everything so the pressure was on me this weekend to see if I could keep it up to his standards ;) Im trying not to fail. Computer is a huge distraction though, especially when my only conversationists think fart noises are sooo hilairious

~gemma~

Thanx for all the congrats :D

For those not on my FB, hope this link works :D

Edit to take out link for pics, if anyone didnt see them just let me know and il PM it to you :D

Edited by ~gemma~

MacFeral

Gorgeous Pics Gem and a beautiful name for a beautiful baby. Congrats again :D

annikag

Aww Gemma she is beautiful, well done! Well done on finally choosing a name too. :D

seepi

Congratulations Gemma - a beautiful name for a beautiful baby girl!!!!

Well done you.

Take care of yourself,

Cass

JuliaGulia

Evening ladies.

Gemma - love the name. Hope all is well and that you are enjoying your newborn cuddles.

Lara - did you get my message on FB?

Sadly, little miss did not do so well with the walker. All is fine, she is just a cheeky bugger and has caught on very quickly that if she lifts or drags her legs she can go for a lovely ride (the idea is for her to step slowly as she is being pushed as she is not up to walking it by herself yet).

Anyway, we will persevere. She is currently sharing one with another girl in her class, but the other girl has had funding approved to purchase her own, so eventually Olivia will have that one all to herself. In the meantime, we will work out some way to share it. We don't want to order one for Olivia yet, because we have no idea how she will progress in the next few months and it would be a shame to get funding for one (to the tune of several thousand dollars) and for her to have outgrown it by the time the funding comes through.

Shan - I get you. Michael has been away for 11 days so far and I am about to start counting the hours until he gets home. I am actually surprised at how well I have coped, but I am really starting to miss him.

Anyway, I really shouldn't post while drinking, so enough from me tonight. Enjoy your lazy Sundays girls.

4littlebirds

Gem - she's gorgeous, and making me so clucky! Her chubbiness reminds me of Amelie when she was born.... only 3 months to go for me! I really like the name too, it's one I had on my shortlist for Amelie :thumbs:

Julia - cheeky little monkey, she's too clever!

Rach - I'm yet to make scrolls but the recipe is on my desktop! Custard sounds so good, I'm actually tempted to get off my lazy backside.... lol

Shan - that sounds like anything I make, it'd be nice to find a reasonably healthy recipe that everyone would eat :rolleyes:

Have a nice Sunday everyone x

laraq75

Julia - sorry yes i did get your message and yes you can put them in the dishwasher. I am not selling it anymore but go to enough parties to be practically a dealer still.

Rach - those scrolls are so evil. I made pizza dough yesterday and it didn't work. Not sure what happened but the bread maker was making a really awful noise.

laraq75

BOO

Where is everybody?

I have been flat out and didn't really want to talk to myself.

4littlemonkeys

Hi Lara!

I am so excited about visiting next weekend.. I am excited too cause the Friday i get there is my payday! So i willl have $$ to spend at DFO! :dance:

Better go - am doing an assignment.. Be back on Friday cause i know the week is just going to get busier.. :)

MacFeral

I'm here. I'm sick so I've been avoiding the lappy because it gives me a headache. I have this bronchitis-type thingy and it sux.

Nothing much to report. We won't see DH again until the weekend because he has dinners and has to travel between now and then. Poor Ned is really missing him at the moment. He has become such a daddys boy.

I'm currently looking at preschools for Ned for next year. Our area is hopeless and I only really have one or two options. I need to ring them today I think so I can get a better idea of what will suit us.

I hope the new addition has settled in Gemma :)

laraq75

Kira - at least your kids can go to preschool next year. In the ACT we need to wait until 2011. Audrey is going to be driving me insane by then. I am going to look into what they call playschool for her next year.

Xanadu25

Kira, I got a letter from the council re: preschools and a spot had been held for jack for next year. Thru the MCHN when he was about 2yrs old, they get you to fill in forms with preschool preferences. I think I will leave him where he is though. I know its more expensive but they do all day care on top of being in the kinder room. The seperate preschool is only 10hrs per week over 3says. Not sure how i would be able to work if he was only in those hours. What would he do the rest of the time and I would have to have someone to drop off/pickup too.

He likes where he is now anyway and Olivia is only in the next room.

MacFeral

Hi all,

Lara: Yep, that's why I want to send Ned to preschool. He is getting very bored with just myself and Isla for company :rolleyes:

Susie: There are NO government preschools in the north of Sydney, None whatsoever. The only preschools are private so we don't have any choice in that regard.

So I took myself and the kids off to the doctor this morning. Ned had a coughing fit and vomited in the waiting room - just lovely. Then I get told we may have whooping cough!!! Nice, so now I am self-quarantined waiting for test results which the Dr thinks are likely to come back positive on Antibiotics. At least Isla isn't sick, she seems immune, but Ned has a mild case, despite being immunised. It was one of those things I never got around to doing for myself as I was always more concerned with my kids etc. If it turns out this isn't whooping cough then I will be getting the injection next week when we go back for our follow up.

So please go and get the FREE immunisation if you haven't already as whooping cough is really on the rise. I have no idea where we got it from.

OK, better go...

~gemma~

:waves:

Thought id pop in quickly while the kids are having brekky and Kaity is asleep.

Not much to report, the last week has gone so quick. Kaitlyn is doing really well, sleeps well, feeds well(comp feeding) she lost nearly 600g in the first 4 days so had to start comping, and she put on nearly 100g in 2 days so that was good to hear! She usually only wakes once at night, last night we went to bed at 11:30 and she woke at 5am so that was awesome, the night before she did wake 3 times, but im happy with every few nights lol.

Tahlia, Jordan and Madison absolutely adore her, maybe a little too much at times. Jordan has been pushing the buttons alot, but he is really good with Kaitlyn. My mum said i can drop him to her for the weekend if i want and he wants to go stay there so i might just do that tomorrow and pick him up on Monday afternoon.

Better go, Kaitlyn is awake finally

laraq75

GEmma - so lovely to hear from you and that everything is going well.

Where is everybody else?

MRT

Sorry girls have been doing some very long days at work this week so haven't even had time to pop in and read up!

Good to hear all seems to be going well Gemma, if I was you I'd definitely drop Jordan off with your mum, gives him some special time with her and one less for you to worry about!

Zoe is enrolled in Kindy to start second term next year - just pre-entry though so half a day a week to start with. I am really lucky with our day care though Susie, they will drop her off and pick her up from kindy if I want them to! They also run a kindy programme at her day care but it's really more suited to those kids who go there every day. Plus the kindy I have her in feeds directly into her primary school - apparently 90% of their reception class comes from this kindy! That is actually one of the reasons I chose the day care she is at because they will do kindy drop offs around our area.

We had our end of term party at playgroup today and it was really nice. Plenty of lovely food and it was so sunny the kids played outside and us mums could have a cuppa in peace!

Tomorrow I am taking Zoe to a make up swimming class and then we have a birthday party at 5.30 at a playcafe. Friends of ours have just bought a playcafe so they are having their daughters 4th birthday there after hours. I'm sure the kids will have fun but it's a 1.5hr drive from our place!!! Then Sunday we are doing the City to Bay fun run - except I've just registered to do half which is 6kms and we'll be walking not running! And in the afternoon I'm off to see My Sisters Keeper.

We have a gym opening up in our area soon - it's the only one in our entire suburb! It's called Jetts and apparently they are open 24/7 you can get in any time with your swipe card which is VERY appealing. I signed up as a foundation member today which means my fee is locked in fo the life of my membership plus I don't have to pay the $100 joining fee or the $20 card fee. There is a cooling off period of 5 days after the gym opens so I figured i had nothing to lose. The idea of being able to go to the gym whenever it suits me was a big attraction. We don't have any other Jetts gyms ii\n SA yet but apparently it's big in QLD.

Bet you are exhausted after your long working week this week Rach!

Oh and Rose your new pram looks lovely (saw it on Facebook).

Has anybody heard from Bel? It's not like her to not pop in here - I hope everything is going ok with their new addition. I have her mobile number so maybe I'll text and make sure everything is ok.

4littlemonkeys

Morning girls,

I was in bed last night at 7pm :o and slept through til 6am when two little boys came in to wake me up! :lol: My nephew is coming over today for the day so that will be good as the kids love him. My sis and her DF make gourmet food products (he is a chef and makes things like infused olive oils, dukka, etc) so they are going to the one out at the Hunter Valley Gardens. I might take the 4 kids out to check it out later today maybe.. I love markets! :)

I just realised with our daycare cause the kids are in for 5 days that they are actually booked in for 55 hours - cause our CC is open 11 hours per day. We get up to 50 hours CCB - So for the extra 5 hours I have to pay full fees. So on Fridays instead of paying $30 per day each - i end up paying $55 per day each! :o So I have decided to only have them in Mon-Thurs as it is too much $ to pay when on Fridays I only work til 3, and DH til 12. So my sis said she will have the kids fridays until DH gets them so that will be good.. and if worse comes to worse I just won't work on the Friday. or only work til lunch! ;)

I have lots of study to do this weekend, and apart from that not much else. DH was home Thurs/Fri so cleaned the whole house and did most of the washing. We just need to wash the bedding and a few small loads and thats it! :)

Mell - That gym sounds great. My gym at work is open 24/7 and its great! :) I don't go much now cause i have my treadmill but I used to go at 9pm or 10pm at night or 5am/6am on the weekend and it was nice and quiet!,

Gem - Great to hear all is going well!

Kira - Your preschool situation sounds like ours. There are no public ones here.. Everything is either the private preschools open 9am-3pm or daycare. For us daycare is better as it has the preschool room and is open longer so easier for me with work. That is one thing I am looking forward to with going back to Canberra at the start of 2011 - Isabel will be able to go to a public preschool for I think 12 or 15 hours per week? Sorry not sure.. but it will be nice!

Boys had a follow up speech therapy appt yesterday which DH took them too. Aidan is spot on for his age now :dance: and absolutely fine to start school in Jan. Keenan is a bit behind but still ok to start school but will do another term of speech as he has a lisp. So that is good. She also wants them both to see an occupational therapist to check a few things - like when they concentrate they have their mouth open, they still sit on their feet on the floor (i do this too though :huh:), and a few things. Apparently the waiting list is like 6 months long so might get in to see the OT one day.. :) So that was good to hear that Aidan is good and K isn't too bad. Apparently from what DH said she is quite amazed how much better they are.. so thats great! :)

Okey better go

:waves:

Edited by ~*Rach*~

~gemma~

1 week old yesterday

kidsandotherstuff591.jpg