ktgrouch

Where do I put the seats in the car?

ktgrouch

Ok, so I already have the big car (93 Tarago) but I have no idea how to put all the seats in. My older 3 kids are still in booster seats (age 5,4 and 2) and obviously I have to add the baby seat. But I can't put the baby seat in the seat closest to the door in the middle row because it is the seat that flips forward to let the kids out of the back. If I put the seat on the other side it will be really hard to get the baby out. If I put it in the middle seat of the middle row, one of the kids will be sitting right next to the baby... which is just way to tempting for eye poking etc! lol.

So how do I make it work? We can't afford a new car yet so I have to make it work somehow! Any suggestions?????

TIA

Katie

allyc

Hi and congrats on #4! :smile: (4 is great!)

I take it you have the older model Tarago with only one sliding door?

Our model has both doors, which makes it easier.

I have my older two in the back row in Maxi-rider's and in the middle row I have my two year old right next to our baby and have never had a problem with eye poking. (he loves sitting next to her to "look after her" so that helps. :grin: )

I have the seat on the footpath side free so I can flip it down to let the older two in and out.

Not sure if that helps at all?

bronx5

We had to put the baby in the middle seat with a 17mo next to her - we put a divider up between the two seats to stop fingers and feet being used. We used a piece of MDF board wedged in between the seats so it wouldn't move - what he couldn't see he couldn't hurt. We took it down a couple of months ago when we turned the car seat around. Now he just holds her hand or passes her sandwiches and drinks. They are now 1yo and 2 1/2 so its very cute.

Bronwyn

Mum to:

DD1 14/11/01

DD2 23/06/03

DS1 06/09/05

DS2 13/02/07

DD3 23/07/08

lotsofbots

We had the youngest seat in the very back row on the passenger side, I am short and could easily reach to put the baby in. The middle seat empty and the eldest next to that.

We kept the middle, flip seat empty and only used it with a not anchor seat so it could be pulled in and out for access.

We had the next youngest who couldn't do up his own belt in the middle centre seat and the middle child in the far middle behind the driver as he can do up his own belt. I could stand at the door and do both the back and middle seat up, but DH was to tall and couldn't do it.

This is the best model for car seats we now have a 04 and it is a pain for car seats.

Good luck , it took a bit of fiddling in and out to get it perfect.

PackedToTheRafters

I have 6 children in mine, so I have two older kids, 10 and 12 each side of the maxirider booster (in the middle), in the back row. Then in the middle row I have booster, baby in middle and then booster. My 7 year old sits on a little booster with no back on it.

It can be really hard sorting out the seats, but 4 is a bit easier than 6! :lol:

HighlandPinky

Up until yesterday, when we put Bub No.5's seat in the Tarago.....we had the 3 older kids along the back row (DS1 & 2 in maxi-rider II's on either side, and DD in an older maxi rider in the middle), then DS3 in his carseat in the middle row, right behind the driver's seat. It's a bit of a PITA to get the little one in to the opposite side, but having a car with 4 carseats in it is always going to be a PITA!

ktgrouch

Thanks ladies. I think I am going to put one of the older kids in the middle row right next to the baby so that there is less chance of eye poking etc! My two year old is WAY too hands on not to be tempted by the baby. She loves babies.... a little too much! lol.

Have to admit I admire you ladies with more than 4 kids! Must be very tricky working out the smallest things like car seat arrangements!!!

Now to work out the sleeping arrangements... hmmmmmm! :D