Nut

Grad Mums #21

Marvel

GOLD!

Having a good weekend ladies? :grin:

samagard

SILVER

Yay.

Just about to leave for the markets. Baby and Kid market is this saturday as well :) Yay. DP is keeping Sienna at home though. Last time there was too many people, and there may be the slightest chance I would like some time without playing her modified game of 20 questions....more like 200 questions. :p

~strawberry~
Edited by purpleoj

samagard

Jo,

Can you change my detail to Samantha. There is another Sam and she was here first :)

wrappedup

LOL, we have a few name double-ups now! I wouldn't even recognise my name if someone did call me Samantha, I've even been Sam at work (business cards etc) for about 8 years...

darnie

Hi Everyone :waves:

I hope you have all had a great day!

Sam: I hope that Charli is ok.

sienisob: Oh I SOOOOO understand that 200 questions game :rolleyes: And I know with Erin that she won't accept anything that does not seem an "acceptable" answer - such as "I don't know" (even if I DON'T know! :rolleyes: )

Everyone else: Hi! :waves:

Us: We had a great time at Alice's party today! In my true let's-give-the-kids-a-fun-experience-but-not-think-it-through-style, I told the young kids that they could open Alice's presents :omg: I really did not think it through. :doh: They had lots of fun, but I was a little bit stressed when we'd got to the end! :rofl:

Here is the birthday cake that barky made! It looked great and tasted wonderful. We still have half left! :evilgrin: Alice loved eating a whole cupcake on her own, too.

Well, I need to go and do a few things.

Take care all, and have a great week!

Cheers,

Deanne.

Edited by darnie

shelly1

Hi Everyone :waves:

Ergo - I have one and have started using it on Jade the last month and she loves it. It is so comfy and I love the pocket on the front. 2 of my girlfriends have used them on their kids well past 2 years old (in the back carry) so you do get your moneys worth from them.

Solids - In the last week I tried Jade and she tasted it, shuddered and screwed up her face so I dont think she is ready. She does love toast though but I think that it more to do with the 2 bottom teeth that are trying to make an appearance.

I am off to the Baby and Kids market next Saturday - Is anyone having a stall? It is at EPIC now so I can actually go as a trip to Woden would have been torture with Jade in the car.

Maddy's party was fantastic today - Chaotic but fun. Nessa the Fairy was fantastic (and my saviour LOL). I even made a fairy castle cake (which looks horendous compared to Eileens masterpieces)

samagard

Deanne:

Thankfully Sienna has stopped asking me what red is made from, blue is made from, what blue and red make. Oh lordy, I am trying to drive...shhhh. Solved the problem for the meantime by letting her pick her own songs and burning a cd for her. Of course now she sings Black eyed peas, Journey or Kiss at the top of her lungs.

Michelle:

I am hoping there will be more stalls and a little more room now. Thinking I will keep Isobel in the baby bjorn though. There really wasn't enough room in the CIT with all the prams.

Hi to everyone else :waves:

got to go... Isobel is starting to wake up and pooping as I type.

Puggle

Glad to hear the parties went well today. Eileen, what will we do without your edible masterpieces :cry: ? Will you share some recipes with me :pray:?

Carriers: I use a BabyTrekker which was all the rage on EB about four/five years ago. I can carry Lauren on the front facing out and she loves it, as did Claire. I find it really comfy. I carried Claire up to nearly two years of age, it was great for all the flying we were doing at one point. I have an Ergo that we will start to use soon (once I locate the instructional DVD and watch it :tongue:)

Shelly, I really should have a stall at the B&K market. So much stuff I could/should get rid of. I wonder if a) they have any still vacant and b) if I could get my stuff together in time? I did really well with the one I had last year. It was hard work as I was pregnant, on my own (so no toilet break) and it was held in the Bus Depot Market hall so absolutely freezing!

Jo, we are trying our hand at a little retail therapy from the other side of the counter ;). You would think all those years in retail would have put me off ...

Got out for a couple of hours in Civic this afternoon, just Lauren and I. Lauren even napped in her pram while I shopped, mourned the demise of Lincraft and tracked down a pair of child-size leather gardening gloves for Claire. Claire's one very happy camper :).

Stitching, stitching, stitching. I need to speed up (or stop reading EB). Speaking of reading EB, Tess, you are keen :D!

Tinkerbelle

Another Ergo fan here, we love ours and it is so easy to get on and off. I have a few other slings/carriers which I use at various different times, the ergo gets the most use though.

Michelle - E is doing ok, he is sleeping for two-three hour blocks now so it is a vast improvement on the two hours sleep I was getting.

Lincraft?? What happened to it?

:waves: to everyone, time to get off the computer.

Puggle
Tara, Lincraft used to be fantastic. Wonderful fabrics, good quality products etc but they went into receivership a couple of years ago and now it is rubbish. Very sad. I never thought I'd see the day where Spotlight was better than Lincraft. :cry:

Nut

I have an Ergo... I barely used it for Alex as in summer it was too hot for the infant insert and by the time I got around to using it later he did not want to look at my chest anymore.

Never tried back carrying. I think I might get more use out of it this time though.

samagard

Morning ladies

Markets yesterday were pretty average. Walked down to the swans afterwards, but had my timing all wrong. DP had to race back to get the car because Isobel was waking up for a feed. In the end had to sit down with her to feed while Sienna threw bread at the birds. She did take some nice photos while under strict instructions from me to use the wrist band on the camera while near the water.

I just realised this morning I have to get my new tattoo done for Isobel. Hurt like made last time I had one done, so I was putting it off. Plus I figured there was a chance Isobel's name wouldn't suit her. I think I will put it off for a while longer....ouchies.

How was everyone else's weekend?

Edited by sienisob

Marvel

Been lurking for the last couple of days, still got this dreaded cold which seems to have affected my vocal chords... No work again for me today.

I have seen a few keen sewing enthusiasts floating around. I am terrible at sewing, which is quite disappointing because all the women in my family are super fantastic at it. My mum has said she will teach me to sew, but she helps look after my boys, has just rediscovered quilting and sewing for herself, and has just rebuilt a social life. I would feel horrible if I was to go and take up the time that she has just gotten back after all this time :wub:

She is a fantastic mum - so I was wondering if there is anyone out there who would be prepared to teach me how to sew?? I would love to one day make an outfit each for the boys and make something for mum, and to be able to tell her that I made them myself!! Then maybe instead of taking up mum's time, I will be able to join in with her quilting classes and not bug her relentlessly with my mistakes!! :rofl:

BBL :grin:

Marvel

Ooops, I think I have killed this thread... :whistle:

wrappedup

Yep, all your fault mishy ;)

I'm here, just a sad sack so keeping quiet. I did run into Tanya today - my gosh she looks amazing for someone with a 3 week old baby. And Lily :wub:

samagard
mishymilo :omg2: How could you :p

3cubs

mishymilo: I can't help u with the sewing unfortunately. Did saw a pair of boxer shorts in Year 9 which I wore proudly back then but other than that my skills are definately rudimentary.

*Caro*

hey guys

i'm home from work on yet another carer's day. Honestly, I've been on leave more than I have been at work lately :annoyed: Not that its anyone's fault, but I do feel a bit guilty about being away... :down::unsure:

I have good reason for being home though. Poor ole Gus has bronchiolitis, and spent a good part of Sunday night in hospital. It was 3am before we got home on Sunday night (monday morning) and then he woke about every hour last night, so I am completely stuffed from sleep deprivation. He is slowly getting better, but his breathing is still wheezy and he is just high maintenance at the moment :wacko: Life was easier when he was a newborn...

Sam, are you ok? you sound really down? want to meet up for a coffee? mondays are good for me...

I can't sew to save myself :whistle: Much to my sister and my mum's disappointment. My sister can make formal dresses and roman blinds, and I can't even make a tea towel :rolleyes:

Jo, thanks for the recipes in the last thread. will definitely be making those muffins!!

madkat

Yep, been missing in action. Too much going on!!

I've got a stall this weekend -- stop by and say hi.

I recently bought an overlocker and sewing machine from Aldi. Both are still sitting in their boxes, but am gearing up to start. I last sewed in Yr 9 when I failed textiles. I started knitting last month. I got on to You Tube and found some tutorials and have now knitted two scarves. Big hit with the big girl!!

Disappointed I missed the get together last week, but just too tired come Friday night. Will definitely be keen to catch up next time.

Love the cake Darnie. Barky, you did a wonderful job.

laraq75

Caro - poor Angus, he really has had a bad run with the sickness. I hope he gets better really soon. Have the girls been sick as well?

Sam - I hope you are ok. If you want to get the girls together for a playdate, I would be happy to do that. I am sure Lulu and Audrey would have a blast.

Mish - sorry I am a non sewer as well. I have always wanted to learn and actually went to classes but it just didn't stick.

Nothing much to report from my end. Just been busy with domestic stuff.

Tanya - I won't be able to come to the get together next week because it is actually my birthday and I think we are doing something with the family. But I hope you all have a lovely time.

Nut

I feel like crap...

Have picked up a flu that's spread through my family. My throat is sore, my body hurts... :cry:

samagard

:(Nut

I went to the bus depot markets this weekend, and the juice guy there had a hot lemon drink with honey mixed in. Maybe something like that or just tea with honey/lemon might help your throat a little. Are you able to get rest with Alex?

madkat Do you know if it will be bigger at epic? I will be taking Isobel with me, but keeping her in the baby bjorn. I want to set up a stall there eventually, but this time I will wait until we are sure we are having a boy with the next pregnancy. I gave away everything from DD#1 because I never thought I would have any more kids. Don't want to go through buying everything again.

Edited by sienisob

Nut

I have some lemsip and strepsils (not the medicated ones) and going OK.

Alex is a very quiet happy little boy (active as he is) so we're sitting on the couch watching the Wiggles together and he's happy. Just trying to keep up my fluids and take it easy. DH is coming home early as well which will be nice.