Sign in to follow this  
sashy

Need some advice.

sashy
Hi girls,

I need some advice.

I have a 9 year old son. He is having difficulty in learning at school. I don't think it is his intelligence. He doesn't concentrate well. He dowsn't want to try and work out his maths he wants to take the easy way out. Often he forgets to tell me events that are happening at school and the teacher ends up having to tell me.

He has no real interests except for tv and play station. Which is my fault because I let him watch them in the first place.

I suppose all this is normal for a 8 year old boy. But I want the best for him and I want him to do well.

I am feeling like a failure as a mum.

Has anyone here got any advice. I hope someone can answer my post.

~cackleberry~
Hi there,

I also have an 8 year old son and he doesn't concentrate much at school either :-( Have you spoken to his teacher about it? My son's teacher is always saying that she is trying to get him to do his work instead of being in fairyland but with no success. She also says that this is a normal stage that boys go through.

If you are worried though about learning difficulties etc, I would get him checked by a doctor or teacher just in case. If picked up early enough, you may be able to help him through it. You sound like a very caring mum :-)

Karen xx

Me - 29 DH - 30
DS #1 - 8
DS #2 - 5
DS #3 - 3
EDD #4 - 5/4/06

sashy
Hi Karen,

I have talked to the teacher about it. She has given him some extra work for him to do. I think I am more worried than she is tho.

sashy
I think you are right I need to organise more interests for him. He used to go swimming I might enrole him again next term.