Sign in to follow this  
AwesomeAprilite

Seizing hands

AwesomeAprilite
My 9yo DD has over the past months started to have her hands seize up on her. Kinda like cramping. I took her to the doctor who seems to think it's a calcium defitancy(sp?). I have since started her on multivitamins as suggested by the doc. But there has been no improvement in a month.
Has anyone had this happen to their child? If so, what was/is the cause?

Awesome_Apri_32699.gif
5.png

Purple_Gecko

That sounds just awful.

I am an adult and have a seizing wrist but it would have been awful as a child.

I dont have any real advise but it might be worth booking her in for a massage once a week maybe.

Or maybe trying the wrist supports that wrap around the hand aswell for support.

I hope it doesnt lead to anything more serious and you find out what is causing it soon.

Poor little thing.

Syl (29)

dev283pp___.png

domonique.jpg

AwesomeAprilite
Thanks Syl for your reply. I guess nobody else has had this with their kids.
I will be looking into some kind of physical therapy to see if that helps. In the mean time, I will be trying to get into the Paed asap.
By the way, good luck with the birth of Domonique. Another little ray of sunshine to enter the world!
breastawareness.gif

Awesome_Apri_32699.gif
5.png

This message was edited by AwesomeAprilite on Saturday, 1 October 2005 @ 7:33 PM

everycloud

Is it still the same? I haven't experienced this but my (then 6ish) 8yr old had hand tremors for a year. In her case it was related to medication, but I found it so hard to find any information or help.

It was basically a 'wait and see'

She had a lot of trouble with simple things like writing, knives and forks etc.

Only advice I was given was to use wristbands and buy her easier utensils and pens etc. She had to have all her work at school printed extra large as well.

I hope you find some answers and solutions soon!

AwesomeAprilite
Sorry Tilly & baby~dreaming :) I haven't been in here for about a week!
Yep it's still the same, the multi-vitamins don't seem to be doing anything. The doctor is out (we live an over an hour from town) this way tomorrow, so I'm taking her back to get a referal for the paed.
I don't think it's carpal tunnel. I suffer from that, and it seems abit different. I think we have a bigger problem than just that to tell you the honest truth. She has had a couple of things go on since she was about two. Aches in her bones. When we travel we stop very often to let her get out and stretch as she ends up in agony that night.
Hopefully when I get her into the paed (that can take up to a month out here) he will be able to help us. I just wish she had let me know sooner, instead of dismissing it like she did.