Sign in to follow this  
idle

idle

Edited by idle

*mnm*

Sorry to hear about your situation, I would express some breastmilk for a couple of days before you start taking the pill, then you can give your baby this in a bottle for the 3 days, if you can't express much don't worry too much, a lot of babies have comp bottles of formula whilst breastfeeding and turn out fine. Good luck :)

pearlnorma

I too would express some breast milk and at least put some breast milk in with the formula each feed, that way bubby still gets that too. I don't know what your view is to this but it is supposed to be very unlikely to get pg when fully breastfeeding a baby anyway. I personally don't think it is a completely safe way but it is something.

Lol, did DP just forget? lol. :whistle::rofl: Sounds like my DH!!

I hope it all works out for you. Personally I would just take the chance and forgo the pill - but then I'm not in your position either! I'd love to be PG!! Lol. Good luck with everything.

idle

Thankyou both.. I decided not to take it. The thought of not being able to breastfeed afterwards, whether it be due to milk supply drying up (i have read that the pill can do that) or by baby not wanting it after 3 days, i dont want to risk it. NOW i just have to sit tight lol.

Oma Desala

Oh Chrissy, good luck!!!

Let us know how you go.

I really do hope you get the outcome you are comfortable with.

DandyLyon

OMG! I am annoyed! Sorry I saw this in the recent topics. It is safe to use the morning after pill wile BF. I am a pharmacist too and I can't believe another pharmacist told you that!

The chances of you being pg again are very slim anyway especially as you are BF.

Good decison though based on the information given (even though it was incorrect). Don't jeopardise your BF at this stage.