Sign in to follow this  
Sandra

June 06 Parents # 255

4littlemonkeys
GOLD!! Edited by ~*Rach*~

laraq75

SILVER

I will be back this afternoon after dropping audrey off at daycare, then the shops, then visiting a friend and then swimming with Angus. Apparently Monday is suppose to be my rest day.

4littlebirds

oh it's cruel when a non poster comes and claims a medal - bahahahaa

BRONZE!!

I actually was coming to say hi, I just can't ever think of anything to post, I'm hopeless! Well the most exciting thing I can think of is that I just watched the season finale of Desperate Housewives, I was good, great cliff hanger, nothing scary, I thought it was very clever!

Gotta go grocery shopping but I have to wait out the first few hours of the day so that my morning sickness eases off a bit, hopefully in a couple of weeks it will be GONE!!

Have a great week everyone, I'll be lurking for news from Bel :D

Emma x

Edited by 3littlebirds

4littlemonkeys

Hi Emzy.. ;) Have fun grocery shopping. How is the business going?

Lara - Busy day for you! :) Your Monday sounds like our Fridays. They are always mental.

Okey off to watch more ABC Kids. The kids and I are chilling out today.

Xanadu25

HI all,

there was about 5 detectives next door and they have taken feral neighbour away :whistle:

They were writing stuff down in front of our driveway and I went out to see who they were and they told me.

Apparently there was a big bust up btwn others boarders and him last Thurs/Fri and detectives had been out then. Feral took a swing at female cop.

I blurted out everything to them thats been happening but the other boarding housemates have complained as well.

Not sure legally if they can kick him out but they are going to put pressure on owner to have him removed.

Fingers crossed that this is hopefully the last of him.

There was a shooting in our area on the weekend and DH and I thought, what if, but then we arent so lucky :doh:

Anyway, off to pickup my cherubs from daycare across the road. Olivia's first day today. She has been there since 10am. The house is so silent, at least for another 1/2hr :tongue:

Susie

seepi

HI all

still no news from Bel??

I hope they keep the boarder for a few days Susie, and then move him on somewhere else. He sounds like the definition of feral. Fingers crossed Olivia was happy at childcare.

Cass

Honeyblonde

Hi girls, long time no talk, life has been hectic and one thing after another, but the latest thing to happen in our lives is the worst....and I need some help, I posted this in Misc but thought you girls might be able to help also..

My DS Jordan's best mate was killed on the weekend (he was only 10 years old :cry: ) and my DS is getting a big colour photo of him from his teacher at school, which he wants to put in a photo frame on his desk at home,

Does anyone know where I could find a photo frame with Best Mates written on it, WITHOUT flowers on it?

I can find a few frames online but they are all rather pink and girly with flowers etc, I want one that is for boys.

Can anyone help please? My son is devastated, and I want to get this frame for him so he can have his best mates picture displayed in pride of place in his bedroom!

R.I.P Lochie, your cheeky smile will be forever remembered!

Thanks girls

Off to give all my kids extra cuddles, it sure hits home how fast you can lose them, and how unexpected it is.

Lochie was killed in a quad bike accident, and died alone, which just makes me feel horrible, I feel so sad for his parents. Jordan and he were best mates at school, sat next to each other in class, etc, so Jordan will now have an empty seat next to him... :(

Take care

Edited by Honeyblonde

laraq75

Kyliehb - that is so awful. I can't imagine what Jordan is going through. I will have a look around for you tomorrow and see what i can find. There must be something around for what he needs.

Susie - wow you certainly have some interesting things happen in your area at the moment.

Rach - can you give me some ideas for what to give Izzy for her birthday. I was thinking about a book and some hair things but not sure which books she has.

We had a busy day today and Angus had a huge sleep today which was great. He has been so sick over the past week. I went to the dr 4 times last week trying to figure out what was wrong with him and one of those times was at 10.30pm. But he seems a lot better today. He went under the water for the first time today. He didn't even flinch. Probably helps that his sister pours water over his head all the time in the bath.

MRT

Just got this from Bel

Grace (middle name pending) arrived 1.33 pm, 4.18kgs, 51.5 cms long. HC 36 cm. All natural birth, no episiot this time, no tearing. 2nd stage 12 mins. Mum & Bub tired but doing well.

So congratulations to Bel and family on the arrival of Grace.

Sorry haven't read back, literally just walked in the door from work when Bel's text came in. Will BBL.

Honeyblonde

oh WOW! Bel that is fantastic news! :):babygirl:

huge congrats on your new baby daughter, Grace, (gorgeous name!)

Enjoy her, and what a surprise for you, you thought you were having another boy didnt you?

Well done!

annikag

Congratulations Bel on the arrival of Grace!! :wub::babygirl:

I went to come in and post the news before but Cameron decided to pee on the carpet so I had to attend to that instead :dry: . I'm typing on my phone while he (the devil child) is in the bath.

BBL

~gemma~

I was coming in to post for Bel too :D

Congrats to Bel and family on the arrival of Grace

Kylie :( i am so sorry to hear that Jordan has lost his best mate. If you want i can have a look around here and see if i can find anything and let you know via text msg? I can have a look tomorrow after i drop kids at daycare.

Be back soon, just trying to get the kids to go to sleep, and will attemp to do a proper post, if not tonight then tomorrow :D

laraq75
Congratulations Bel on the arrival of Grace

What a lovely name. She was definitely a good size.

Guest philbysgirl
:dance:Congratulations Bel on Grace's arrival, I wish your family every happiness during this special time

:( That's so sad HB.

Xanadu25

Congratulations Bel on the safe arrival of baby Grace. What a beautiful name :wub: Cant wait for a pic.

Kylie: sorry to hear about Jordan's friend. That is so sad.

I am pretty sure I have seen something similar to what you are after but I also saw this one on Oztion.Would this be suitable?

http://www.oztion.com.au/buy/auction.aspx?...dis=0&freepost=

Lara: hopefully thats all the excitement we have for a long time. Usually very quiet as we are on a main road and everyone keeps to themselves.

Annika: oh no, little bugger. They sure can push the buttons, cant they?

Olivia went okay at daycare. I picked her up around 2pm and got Jack at the same time. She didnt really want her lunch and barely had her milk but she did have a sleep so I guess thats something. And she seemed to play happily when I got there but as soon as she saw me, she wanted mummy :wub:

I guess its just a matter of time like it was with Jack.

Anyway, better go. Just made a couple of choc cakes. One for mums group tomorrow and one for us. House smells all chocolatey...yum.

Nite all,

Susie

~NatB~

Oh Kylie what a sad sad story poor Jordan. What size frame were you after???

Congratulations Bel.....welcome little Grace

:waves: to everyone else and Happy Birthday to the Junies that I have missed so far. I won't name them as I am bound to miss someone. I can't believe our babies are turning three.

MotherClucker

huge Congratulations Bel. Grace was on our list as well. Cant wait for photos.

Am on dial up atm so better hit reply before I get knocked off. Sorry about Jordan's friend Kylie. How terrible.

MRT

I'm really sorry to hear about Jordan's friend HB

MacFeral

Congratulations Bel on the arrival of Grace. Well Done!

HB: That poor little boy, what a horrible thing for his family. I've had a look but I can't find anything without flowers either or if I could it was too small :(

BBL

C.C.S.

Congratulations Bel on the safe arrival of baby Grace! :wub: I can't wait to see pix and hear the full story!! :wub:

HB - so sorry to hear about your son's friend.

At work, so better run, have a great day!

jlydia

Kylie, I'm so sorry. Poor little J must be taking this so hard. I'll keep my eye out and pm you if I see any frame that might work.

Bel - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4littlemonkeys

Bel - Congrats! :wub: the name Grace :wub:

Kylie - I am so sorry to hear of J's friend's death. :( That is awful. I hope J is ok.

BelnBen

Evening all!

Just on quickly as pretty tired - due to being up since 2am Monday morning, then not being able to sleep so well last night with my mind going 100 miles an hour!!

Thanks everyone for the congrats.

Haven't got many pics from the birth that are for public consumption! The midwife took some amazing action shots during the birth, but they are pretty graphic!!!

And haven't actually taken any close ups of her alone yet - think I am waiting for her swelling to ease a little. She is very chubby in the face - double chin, eyelids and cheeks - I think a lot of her 4 kgs is there!!! LOL. Probably like her mucous - from the fast second stage entry into the world!

My Story:

Woke 2am Monday morning with what I thought was a contraction. Had about 3 in the next hour and then got up to get my chart to start keeping track. All just pre-labour till about 6am when it became established.

Still a little all over the place, but certainly regular in many ways.

Dh had been in the spare room to let me sleep if Ben woke during the night, so when I heard B go to him, I calmly went in and asked if they slept well, then said good as I thought we were going to meet someone today!!

We all calmly had breakfast, rang Mil to suggest she left to come up earlier than she was going to and then I showered and even blow-dryed my hair!

Put BIL on notice in case MIL didn't make it in time. Mil arrived about 9.30am and we retreated to the bedroom to monitor things and work on our Calmbirth techniques. I managed to stay upright during all the ctxs and used pelvic rocking and visualisations.

Somewhere between 10 and 10.30am we rang the hospital when things were more regularly 5 mins apart and lasting more than 45 secs. I kept getting these mini ones in between which were about 25-30secs which were a bit odd. Midwife said to come in as things can change pretty rapidly with #2.

Got into Delivery suite about 11am. Got settled and it was probably about 30-40 mins later she did an internal and said "How does about 8cm sound?" I just about cried (tear did come to my eye -and Dh's I think!) as it was exactly what we wanted to hear!!

Pressure started to build, but at next exam, there was still a bit of cerivx there - at the front - so I got up into position on the bed. Kneeling, using back of bed for support - meant I could lean forward to try to get rid of cervix in between ctxs. Even used a modified yoga pose in there too!

OB arrived and things were getting pretty intense. He did an internal and said there was still some cerivx there I asked where so I could do something to shift it, but he didn't answer, just told me it could be another hour!!!! :omg: I just screamed (literally!!) as I really felt I couldn't go another hour at that intensity and was so ready to go then!!!

Must have been the combo of his 'threat' and the internal, but next ctx, we were set to go. :dance:

I managed to use a breathing the baby down technique from the calmbirth which really made a difference to the pushing. I even felt her move into the birth canal which was pretty amazing - albeit a bit disappointing at the time when I thought she was crowning and they said "we can't see anything"!! But great later when I worked out what it was.

13 minutes later - there she was! As I couldn't see it all - facing backwards, we got the mirror and I was able to have a look around after the head was out. The shoulders were a lot tougher than I expected, but overall I think the second stage was much simpler than with Ben. Ob and Midwife were very relaxed and hardly had to coach at all.

She had a lot of vernix on her for full term, so was very slippery. DH cut cord when pulsating stopped and we had uninterupted bonding till we let her find the boob herself for first feed, then finally got her weighed etc. Not quite as big as Ben, but only a few grams off and slightly longer.

She has been fairly mucousy - probably from the fast second stage, so we haven't really established feeding till late today. Had to express and they syringe fed her overnight - a lot of which she threw up! But no-one has been worried so far. Had a good check-up with the Paed this morning.

At least things seem to have changed this evening, so she will probably have me up all night now!! Nursery will look after her for some of the night with the EBM, so I should get some sleep!

Name is officially Grace Eleanor. Turns out my father's grandmother's maiden name was Grace!

She still very much has that wrinkly, chubby newborn look - Ben was not as much like that. She has really fair, golden hair too (B was dark) so will be interesting to see how that goes - could have a wave in it too.

Anyway, really must sleep (Dh would die if he knew I was still up and on here!!)

Here's a few early pics.

025.jpg

062.jpg

031-1.jpg

Cheers,

Bel and Grace