Sign in to follow this  
Sandra

June 06 Parents # 254

*~*Kitty*~*

GOLD!!!!

Happy Mothers Day to all of you tomorrow! :wub:

annikag

Haha silver, I have had the page open for 20 minutes and forgot to post, too busy reading other threads LOL!

~moo~

Bronze

4littlemonkeys
(.Y.)

laraq75
Happy Mother's day girls, I hope you all have a lovely day. :)

4littlemonkeys
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

jlydia
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

I hope everyone has a great day :thumbs:

annikag

Morning all,

Happy Mothers Day :D

I got a new DVD player from DP Cameron :lol: . I was complaining that the other one was scratching all the discs, so I'm happy with it :) .

He tried to buy me a new lens for my camera but no-one had it in stock. Was far too much to spend on a Mothers Day gift anyway I think ;) .

DP has just gone to Maccas to get us brekky, then later I'm going out for lunch with my mum. I think DP is going to work, although he hasn't said for sure :shrug: .

Have a good day all! :grin:

Edited by annikag

C.C.S.

Hey Rach - would love to meet up with you when/if you are up this way! :dance:

Nothing exciting happening here - Way too tired to bother with much!

Off to deal with my little terror.

Xanadu25

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day.

Have been up since 6am so a bit tired. We all went to the Mothers Day Classic in the city today. Walking was good except for a non stop whingey 3yr old :wacko:

Heaps of people, lots of pink :tongue:

Then off for lunch with all the family. Brothers, partners, nannas and cousins galore.

Might have a quiet one tomorrow ;)

P1030166.jpg

MRT

Happy Mothers Day everybody

I've had quite a nice day. DH and Zoe had "craft time" together yesterday and both made me cards :p so that was quite cute. Then we all went to swimming lessons. DH hasn't been before so Zoe was extatic. Then we went off to Marion Shopping Centre because they were going to buy me a digital HD set top box but we couldn't find one anywhere. Had lunch with DH's family at a local pub (there was 15 of us and that wasn't everybody) which was really nice (especially the few glasses of champers) then we went elsewhere to get a set top box but everybody appears to want them at the moment so I just need to wait a little longer for my pressie. I'm not fussed cos we can't really afford it anyway - DH had to get new tyres on the truck yesterday $1600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dh is going away for work this week so I'll be a single mum but only for a few nights I think.

I had personals but I can't remember what they were now (must have been the champers for lunch :p )

Hope you all had great days

~NatB~

:waves: I'm home :waves:

got home yesterday afternoon. Wow what a trip...I love London and would move there in a second.....DH won't :( . Thye boys travelled really well though porr Tynan had major ears problems on descent though...not so bad on the trip home.

Just popping my head in and will be back later to post properly.

happy mothers day to you all for yesterday.

C.C.S.

Hello!!!

where is everyone? Busy at work here... Wedding to decorate on the Friday so that's keeping me busy after work too!

Hope everyone's keeping well.

annikag

:waves:

I'm here, just dealing with a sick, miserable toddler :( .

Welcome back Nat, sounds like you had a wonderful time, lucky duck :tongue: .

I posted on Mothers Day that I got a DVD player, but I also got a new car :dance: . I obviously got it after I posted :lol: .

We were getting in the car to go out to lunch, I opened the internal door to the garage and got a shock as a different car was sitting in there :lol: . I didn't actually think it was a car for me at first, as DP brings home a different car everyday. It's not a brand new car, but it is newer and nicer than my old one :D . I will have to post a picture once I get around to taking one.

It's a silver WRX hatch anyway... Yes he bought me a hoon car :rofl: .

He always buys me the cars HE likes :rolleyes: lol.

BBL!

seepi

He girls

Annika - I am getting a new car too this weekend. I want to get a Honda Jazz. OR we might look at a small mazda. My old car has died completely - after I drove it with a leaky radiator - so I need a new car asap.

I can't wait to have a new car (instead of my 20 year old monster), but I hate buying cars. I wish DP would just go out and buy one. Hmm - I might suggest that to him.

I had a good day with Adele yesterday - we even went out to lunch! It was very civilised, and she was good as gold thank goodness.

I had taken her to town to go on the merrigoround, but it was shut for some reason, so we had to do something else. she then had a mini meltdown in the supermarket on the way home, so she is not tantrum free yet, but still - lunch was lovely, and it made me look forward to when she is a little bit older again, and we can go shopping and eat out together.

My house is tidy today - i had a neak freak friend coming over yesterday. I cleaned like a maniac then she cancelled... anyway - I am inpsired to keep cleaning now - it just looks so much better.

Off to get stuck into it,

Cass

BelnBen

Cass - As far as nesting instincts have gone, I have certainly not had it in the cleaning department!!!! :rofl: Perhaps you could class me as having it in the washing department though! At least the cleaners are coming tomorrow for a last pre-baby clean!!! (we only get them about every 2 months).

Lara - I noticed that NIDA have classes in drama and all bits that go with it for 2-3 year olds with their parents in there also - I may think about that for next term. Otherwise, the soccer is looking good. We are changing swimming teachers next week, so hoping that makes a difference to his swimming - his current teacher obviously doesn't like him!! B's too active for him!

Gemma - Can't believe it has been a year either! Hope things look up for your brother and SIL very soon.

Mel - We are trying to get a new set top box, but have been waiting nearly a month for the one Dh chose to become available! Supposed ot be today. We think B 'tinkered' with the last one! Just stopped working and we couldn't even turn it off!!!

Annika - cool suprise on the new car!!!

Nat - Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

We had a quite M day. went to the Royal Hospital for women's picnic day. DS saw the Go Diego Go show and had his photo taken with Dora (He watches it on Sat morning with DH). We put him in front of the stage with the other kids and went ot sit ourselves down, then looked back and he wasn't there!!! we spotted him running full pelt across the grass towards the huge slide on the other side! Dh had to sprint to catch him!

As we told everyone we weren't travelling for M day at this stage of things, we said come to our house, but PIL's had a 20th birthday the night before and had a llate night, so didn't come - just my Mum and Dad for dinner - take away too!

Got given a free glass of champers at lunch, but obviously had to give it to DH!! Not long now.

Sleep been on and off - last 2 nights, reasonable - thanks to my relaxation stuff on mp3! Been disturbed sleep for all different sorts of reasons too. Mostly cramps and AF type feelings at odd hours.

Obviously things are on the move. OB said just a waiting game now.

At 38 wks, measuring 40, head well down and locked into place, engaged. Lots of pressure on my rear end and occasionally round the front too.

Just as long as bub doesn't come on Monday as that's aunt's birthday and Mum wouldn't be happy!!!

Cheers,

Bel

friendly68

Bel - wow, 38wks + 4days - I was giving birth to the twins on this day of my last pregnancy. :) Not long now, looking forward to hearing all about it. Do you have a birth buddy to announce it here?

Nat - welcome back, was having a quick look at your flickr the other day and a few of your London shots. Hope to hear more about it too. In answer to your question a few weeks back, I did have a friend (who is very good) take some shots of the girls, Caden & us. I have yet to find the time to pick a few and post them. Will do so soon though. (just remembered there are 2 good ones from the shoot on my dad's blog, one shows how identical the girls look - link is below).

A big wave to everyone else, I just wanted to pop in and say Hi. I am reading all the time and keeping up with all your posts, just usually too time strapped for a reply or too tired. I had some more personals but now I am here, I can't remember them.

Girls, Caden and us are all doing well. Sleep at night is great and day sleeps aren't too bad, just learning how to settle or re-settle two is interesting. I'm just getting back into the hang of things with letting them move from one sleep cycle into another without feeling the urge to run in there and re-settle them if they stir for fear of waking the other twin. I'm taking a few photos but it really is hard to get past actually taking the photos & getting them on the computer.

Still breastfeeding, however felt like packing it in & just expressing to bottles the other week because girls were a bit refluxey, were fussy at the breast and it felt like my supply was down, girls are also only taking 4 feeds a day. I remember feeling the same way at about the same time with Caden. But I cleared my head, girls tummy's settled down, I am eating/drinking more, slowed down on the cow's milk, the girls are both still putting on good amounts of weight, still sleeping 8-10hrs a night, I am also trying to fit in a 5th feed or express a bottle or two later at night to help with milk supply and all seems to be going okay. Hope that all make sense.

Caden is doing well, really loves the girls, not jealous at all, but also wants his bit of attention IYKWIM - however he is being a typical 2yo terror. Knows when I am feeding the girls he can get up to mischief. Also does not understand the concept of quiet or shhhh. ;)

Lara / Shan - thanks for the comments on FB about Caden's photo. I was really tickled pink with that one, I took it myself and had a bit of time to have a play with it, so wanted to show it off to family.

Well better go, there is housework waiting, and if I don't hurry all 3 kids will be back up before I know it. Spoke too soon, Morgan has wind pain.

Xanadu25

Hi all,

Bel, that time has come around so fast. Wont be long now.

As Shaz said, I was also having Olivia around that time too.

Shaz: sounds like things are coming along well with the girls. Even though you have 2 new bubs, do you find it a little easier 2nd time around?

I find I dont fuss as much as I did with Jack and I am taking it in more with Olivia. More playtime and fun and I think she really senses that and is a more contented baby for it. Diff. temperament to Jack.

I go back to work early June and I dont think I am looking fwd to it as much as I was with Jack. Not sure what I am going back too as well. Would be nice if they paid me a redundancy. Can always go and try to find something else.

Annika: car sounds nice. I luv new /newish cars - the smell anyway :tongue:

In regards to Soccer, Jack did the 2 wk trial but I dont think we will go ahead for now. Seemed a bit full on for their age. He was getting quite clingy and whingey and I dont fancy spending another $200 for a term for him to carry on. Might wait til he's a little older. Was thinking about taking him back to swimming, maybe Olivia too.

Toilet training update: Jack finally did #2 in the loo :thumbs: That seemed to take ages for him to catch on.

Still a song and dance and he is sings and yells in the toilet. Mummy , monster in here. Mummy weeing now. Mummy its cold. Hard to keep him quiet when Olivia is sleeping in the next room. Anyway, his bribery ws the chocolate money which I only keep for #2 toilet training and it has worked.

Now to tackle night training. Think I might wait a bit for that.

* a question for the Wii people: how often do you use them or is it a novelty thing that wears off. Do the kids use them too? I saw a bundle on special at TRU for $439.00. Console, sport,fit, controllers and board. Have put my name down as they have more coming in within the next 2 weeks.

Susie

friendly68

Susie - I am definitely finding it easier 2nd time around (even with 2), I think I wrote something about it in my FB comments and then worried people might think I was passing off twins as being easy. But I just found that I didn't worry about things as much this time around, and as you say it is making it easier to enjoy.

Interesting to hear your thoughts on soccer as I had mentioned it to DH, after reading about it on here. Think I might stick to swimming DH whinges about it costing $13/lesson, soccer pricing might put it off the radar for quite a long time. ;)

Yeah for Jack on No 2's in the toilet. :thumbs: We're just hanging in there for the night training to kick in with Caden. Truthfully I think it has already, as we are getting a few dry nappy pants some mornings. I think if we let him just sleep in his jocks he would know not to wee - but first I have to get a second mattress protector to have on hand for accidents.

P.S. How are your neighbours? The renter next to us has been vacated and the owner is repainting etc., and deciding whether to rent it again or sell it. But in the meantime has pulled down a privacy screen the tenants put in and the overgrown plants on his side, so a lot of our privacy has gone and the fence is just a pool fence between us. So now we are seriously looking at putting in a 6ft fence before new people move in. The last renters were really good, we may not be so lucky next time.

Edited by friendly68

jlydia

Shaz, so good to hear from you. You are doing an absolutely amazing job with your girls, and Caden :wub: I'm in awe!

Xanadu25

Shaz, make sure you put a NOTICE TO FENCE letter to the owner before you do anything along with a quote.

We had a verbal but cos it co-incided with a sale in btwn, old owner-new owner didnt want to know and we copped the whole replacement price. Old fence was asbestos sheet, not a standard wooden fence. So def. get it all in writing and signed before you touch anything. We now have fence extenders to and its heaps more private. Pity it doesnt keep the noise out. Would need the great wall of China to do that :rofl:

BelnBen

Shaz - No, I don't have a buddy to post on here for me. No-one has offered. :( We wanted a higher fence on one side of us and the neighbours said no - just stick with the height we had and extend that - as we had nothing at all for half the side of the house! So we stuck with the 1.3m fence and put lattice in front of it on our side and growing vines on it now - right next to his garbages and he is obsessive about them!! Takes the recycling out at 11pm etc! I think with fences you actually need to have agreed approval, not just let them now of your intention with neighbours - at least you do in our council. Great work with the girls!

Susie - thanks for the heads up on the soccer. Still thinking about Bens' activities fo after Bub's arrival. Well done on the #2's training!

hello to everyone else!

NOt so good sleep last night - I think someone was trying to get out!!! :omg2: Kept hitting me in the cervix! So I couldn't go to sleep. Then woke at 5am!

Oh well! Got ot go and force fee dB his bfreakky! LOL - mucking about this morning!

Cheers,

B

annikag

Bel- I'll offer :waves: . Let me know and I'll PM you my number if you like :) .

Shaz- Sounds like you are doing an amazing job with the girls, well done to still breastfeeding too :clap: . That's fantastic that they sleep that long at night!

As for me... I took Cameron to the doctors on Wednesday and he has an Upper Respiratory Tract infection. He actually seemed quite well when I took him to the doctors on Wed, but then yesterday he was worse again.

The doctor gave me a script for antibiotics but said only to give them to him if he gets worse, which he did yesterday, but he seems a bit better again today :wacko: . I think I'll just wait and see how he goes.

I'm just over the vomiting- he has such a strong gag reflex that his coughing causes him to vomit :annoyed: .

Edited by annikag

~gemma~

Bel if you want another buddy il happily be one too :D

Annika ~ Hope Cameron is better soon!

Off to my mums today, kids all still have colds, wish it would go away!!