Charmzy

:o I really feel like a large family now

Charmzy

Last night we signed the papers to trade in our chrysler grand voyager and upgrade to a Transit!!! We should do the physical trade over thursday next week :D:D I thought it was weird being 20 with a people mover with my P Plates up but omg I'm 23 and about to be driving a Transit.. I feel old :o lol

I'm so excited, its a 2005 burgandy transit and we're getting 5 more anchor points installed (if they can do that) its got 4 already and they said they could get us at least 3 more but hopefully 5. And rear parking sensors are getting installed and DVD system before we pick it up :) Hubbys long time friends with the caryard owner so hes done a pretty good deal for us its got 100,000km and is costing $18,000 after trade in for the chrysler (6000 trade in cos the bodys damaged etc)

Anyway this time next week ill be driving a bus!! YAY! Now I just need more babies to fill it lol

CafeCat

Congratulations on your 'bus' and more importantly your new ticker :wub:

My parents commented once that just because we had the room in the car it didn't mean we had to fill it - imagine if I turned up in a transit :tongue:

cheers

Lia

Edited by mum2five

Lise

Last month we traded our tiny 5 seater hatchback for an 8 seater Tarago... now I just have to convince DH to fill up another seat :evilgrin: think my mum is freaked out by the extra 2 seats - I told her ONE was for her...

Congrats on your new pregnancy. :D

10munchkins

wonderful news!!, enjoy driving your new bus, do we get pics when you get it??

Charmzy

lol yep ill put some pics up :D thanks for the congrats too :)

I cant wait to get it (and have new bub of course)

~BoysRus~

Aww congrats on the new car...Cant wait to see some pics.

If we end up doing what we plan to in a year or two we will need to upgrade to a transit...so let me know EVERYTHING about it

-Amanda-

Congratulations on your new "bus", I'm another who will be interested in hearing all about it. With five kids already and possibly more to come :unsure: we may need to upgrade to something bigger and there is not really much choice once you get to that size is there. It sounds like it will be fantastic, hope you enjoy it.

Rachaelxxx

You can call it The Mums Bus, how exciting and also even more exciting on your new ticker :wub:

Rachael and her 5 little princesses

Edited by Rachaelxxx

rodent

Congratulations! We recently bought a 2005 Hiace, it's cool having a bus (not so much the parking...). We only have 2 kids and one on the way though the oldest isn't even 2 yet so we plan to fill it up some :) Good luck with the anchor points. We had ours installed yesterday, we were able to get 10 but in some states they'll only do 5, probably different with a Transit though. Enjoy!

--Rodent

Charmzy

thanks ladies :D I will let you all know how we go with it when we get it! Although I'd love to continue expanding our family unfortunately this has to be our last but as I babysit 2 children nearly 5 days a week we need more seats and we plan on fostering in a year or two if possible so need seats for that also!

Another reason we went for the transit was soooo much space so we can start doing some driving holidays we've been dreaming of and let the kids explore Australia as much as possible!!

Charmzy

heres some pics of me new beast! lol we only picked it up last night :)

DSCF1692.jpg

DSCF1700.jpg

DSCF1703.jpg

DSCF1701.jpg

and for good measure heres Savannah being a cheeky possum while I took the pics this morning

DSCF1702.jpg

CandysFamily

:omg: look at that boot space!!!!!

We are going to upgrade next year, and this is what hubby wants to get. So thanks for posting the pics we have had trouble finds pics of a transit with seats in it!

You won't be fitting it in any undercover parking stations though thats for sure! What a beast!

Charmzy

hey I know this is old now but actually it fits in lots of undercover parking spaces, most have a 2.4mtrt clearance and really it needs 2.5mtrrs but thats only because of the antenna, it just flings back if you go under a 2.4mtr one, never had any problems though :)

I'm loving it, we've got #5's carseat installed now and SOooo much room still! Its so convienient, and not having to bend over to get them in there seats its a lifesaver on my sore back lol I'm short enough I can walk through it without bending hehe :D

I dont even fold my twin pram in the back anymore, I just lift and wheel it in! Saves heaps of time :)

FeralLIfeHacker

Well done :thumbs: That is a beautiful car! I am soooo jealous, we desperately need a new bigger van. My back kills me putting the babies in their seats. :wacko:

forum :D

Edited by hugmybabes

6lilhillbillies

Oooooh, I am sooooo jealous :evilgrin:

I desperately wanted one of these but we salary package our main car and they wouldn't allow commercial vehicles - they refused to accept a hiace as a family car.

It's gorgeous and lurve the colour, would have thought you would have to have white. The little model in the car is gorgeous too!

Congrats and enjoy!!!! :yes::yes:

Charmzy

Catbat you know they actually do them in a really nice blue too lol I want a blue one hehehe :D They shouldnt be able to narrow down your choices like that even if they say its a commercial vechile its still a family vechile for some hehe They should take family size into consideration! :)

KristyMum-
I dont even fold my twin pram in the back anymore, I just lift and wheel it in! Saves heaps of time original.gif

:rofl: that is WAY cool!

Congrats on your new wheels! I love that you need so many seats ;)

TeamBlue
:wub: I was dreaming of a tarago but now i want your car :rofl: thats an awesome car but with 3 DS's,i'd have alot of empty seats :ph34r::whistle:

Tenbabes

Dont know if you remember me I havent been here in awhile. But I also have a 2005 transit, that we bought brand new from overseas. We ordered the color we wanted as well. It matches with the front of the house.

Mine is a manual, And has turbo. Its pretty powerful for a bus. They are very roomy. And its got heaps and heaps of boot space where you don't have to fold the prams. I have the blue but a darker blue. Your going to love it MummyCharmzy. They are hard to park thou. But you will get used to it. We just put a reverse camera on the back of ours. So its much better now. Plus we have the dvd systeam as well. You can out the 34inch screens in there, Which is what we did.

This is ours. I love your color too.

scoolconcertitemsandthenewBUS094.jpg

Charmzy

ninebabes we've had it for almost 6 months now, its great :D Parkings not so bad, I never liked parking the chrysler so was used to staying away from other cars lmao

I LOVE the colour of yours, the blue is lovely :D I'm very glad we didnt get a white one though, they look too commercial and are so common!

Tenbabes

Yeah dont really like the white.

Is yours a manual or auto? We have the diesel and its good on petrol. even though they put the prices of diesel up for no reason.

But I really love the boot space. You can actually pick up furniture in it :dance:

Charmzy

Mines I think its called Swift Shift.. so looks like Auto but has the buttons on the steering wheel so you can drive it as a manual (very good for hills and slow driving to be able to control the gears yourself!)

Ours is diesel too and for the last 6 weeks diesel has been cheaper than petrol 90% of the time and right now its only about 3cents per litre more expensive but the amount of K's I get out of a tank vs a tank of petrol is incredible!! I love diesel! :)

How many kms do you get out of a tank? I get on average 550km with mostly local driving

Tenbabes

I dont know, I think about that much. But dh said that it has to get worn in. Thats when the savings on petrol will start to really come. I think about 100.000 k. And then it will be more fuel sufficient.

I dont think we have done that much yet. But thats usually the way diesel works. So I think we will get more then that soon. specially it being a manual as well.

ikeaqueen

I know this is going to sound weird but it doesn't look *that* huge. How big is it compared to a normal commercial van? DH has a Mercedes MB100 (dunno the actual name, that's what is says on the front :lol:) and I'm wondering how much bigger it is than that?

I was pushing for a 7/8 seater but the space inside that is amazing!

Shouldn't get ideas though :lol:

Persnickety_

Ohhh

I want that boot space!!!!!!!!!!!! My MPV's boot is too small!