idunno

Help please - lets make a car thread to be stickied.

idunno

Seems a lot of people ask about 7+ seater cars on here. I'm wondering if I compiled a list of 7,8,9+ seater cars if we could get it stickied and comments made there?

Here is my inital list (by no means near complete), I've just gone off the top of my head for most (except the SUV part, I'm not familiar with 4WDs). I can't remember the 8 seaters right now (might have put some in the 7 seater category actually by accident). Please reply and add cars you know of. Once we have a complete (or near complete list) I'll start another thread with it for comments :D

7 seaters - van/wagon

Chrysler Voyager

Chrysler Grand Voyager

Citroen C4 Picasso

Holden Zafira

Honda Odyssey

Hyundai Trajet

Kia Carnival (pre 2008)

Kia Rondo

Mazda MPV

Mitsubishi Delica

Mitsubishi Grandis

Nissan El Grand

Peugeot 308 Touring

Renault Grand Scenic

Ssangyong Stavic

Toyota Avensis

7 seaters - SUVs

Audi Q7

BMW X5

Ford Territory

Holden Captiva

Honda MDX

Hyundai Santa Fe

Land Rover Discovery

Mazda CX9

Mercedes GL Class

Mercedes R Class

Mitsubishi Outlander

Mitsubishi Pajero

Nissan Pathfinder

Subaru Tribeca

Toyota Kluger

Toyota Landcruiser

Volvo XC90

8 seaters - vans

Kia Carnival (2008+)

Kia Grand Carnival

Hyundai iMax

Mitsubishi Delica

Mitsubishi Starwagon

Nissan El Grand

Toyota Tarago

8 seaters - SUVs

Toyota Prado

9+ seaters

Ford Transit

Toyota Hiace

VW Caravelle

(NB - the SUV list is from http://www.hercar.com.au/articles/news.asp?news_id=77 ).

Edited by ~jackie~

***butterfly***

Another 7 seat van is San Sang Young (sp?) Stavic

lindyloo03

I think this is a great idea. And having it set up so people can make comments on certain cars etc.

jomicabi

The new carnival is also an 8 seater

cheers

Narelle

Jodeemumof4

The Mitsubishi Delicas come in 8 seaters and 4wd too...

Jo :)

~Bec~

Hyundai iMax is an 8 seater van.

enerjen1

Toyota Prado is an 8 seater.

idunno

Fixed :D

The new Kia looked good (with the seating options on the website) but STILL has two dodgy lap-only belts!!! I'd get a 7 seater before I got an 8 seater with two lap-only belts (one I could use since it has an anchor point).

So far the Hyundai iMax seems the only one with all lap-sash seat belts? Does anyone know it the Mitsubishi Starwagon or Toyota Prado have all lap-sash belts? (I have a feeling the Prado MIGHT).

I'm also compiling a little list with details for each car, just basic number of seats, type of seatbelts, number of anchor points, if adding more is an option, production years (if the model has been discontinued) and any other notes (ie. Kia Carnivals pre 2004 have engine issues).

Edited by ~jackie~

jomicabi

I was in an iMax yesterday and I could only find 3 anchor points across the middle row. I couldn't see any right over the back.

cheers

Narelle

fillesetjumeaux

Was going to come and say how about adding whether models are discontinued...but I see you have thought of that!

Honda MDX - discontinued - is a 7-seater SUV.

Veritas Vinum Arte

The New Peugeot 308 Touring (wagon) has the option of 7 seats.

idunno

Yup, iMax only has three :(

BUT the Tarago I looked at only has three too and then had a lap-only belt in the back row, middle seat. The iMax has three lap-sash belts across the back row :)

The Carnivals have 5 anchor points but, again, that dodgy lap only belt.

For me if there is a position with a lap only belt and no anchor point then I don't want to use that seat (which is why I would get an Avensis over a Tarago).

enerjen1

The Toyota Prado has 8 lap sash seat belts (at least since 2003, not sure about the ealier models), but I think only 3 anchor points (in the middle row).

• Like 1

harmonie

Another imported car from Japan is the Nissan El Grand it comes in 8 seater and also a 7 seater, they have plenty of room for legs and the boot space is much better than the mitsubishi delica's. :grin::laugh::grin:

Tenbabes

I think the Honda Odyssey is an 8 seater as well. When I got the catalog, Im pretty sure it said if you move the middle table, it convert into an 8 seater?

Im gonna have to check it out again and make sure it is.

breheny

Landrover Discovery 3- Seven seater.

bestnot

Toyota Spacia

8 seater

Honeyblonde

Thats a great list Jackie :)

The Mistubishi Delica we have is a 7 seater, and it only had one lap belt in the back row in the middle, all the rest are proper full seatbelts. We also now have 5 anchor points installed in ours, so it is possible, and we have turned the one lap-only seatbelt in the back, into a proper seatbelt by using a H-Harness with it.

Great boot space too. I had a look in a Chrysler Grand Voyager (my dream car) the other day at kinder and I swear the boot wasnt as big as my Delica's?

Harmonie, wow I didnt know there was something with a boot bigger than the Delica, :o is that a new car you are looking at getting? How are your Delica's going? :grin:

Oh and for a seat that has a lap-only belt, if you use a baby/toddler car seat, in that seat then the lap only belt doesnt matter, as it goes through the back of the seat, and then the belt that comes with the child restraint seat goes over the back of seat to the anchor point, just a thought! Depends if you need all the seats with full seatbelts for grown kids or for kids with car seats that use anchor points.

KristyMum-

:)

The Toyota Prado has 8 lap sash seat belts (at least since 2003, not sure about the ealier models), but I think only 3 anchor points (in the middle row).
yes. I can find the link to the '3 anchor pts any in the rear row and engineering advice' iylike?

K

Tenbabes

I think they should make this thread a stickie. The most post that get asked on here is about what car are best for the large families!!

harmonie
Honeyblonde : Not only did I look at the El Grande on our recent trip to QLD I actually purchased it while we were up there. I traded in my 97 seven seater silver SWB Delica for the El Grande. The El Grande is a little bit shy in length of the LWB Delica, Internally the length is slightly more longer (cant work that one out :blink: ). It comes also in 7 and 8 seaters. We got the 8 seater, :evilgrin: Another seat to fill I say. It also comes in 2 wheel drive as well as 4 wheel drive however the 4WD is not a true H/L range car instead it has a small switch that you turn to make all the wheels work. I hope that makes sense. The height of it is approx 2.0 metres. Seeing we live in the Sydney Metro the car is perfect for running about the city. Fuel economy is on par even a bit better than the delica.. BUT I do still miss my little beastie..

~kylie~

The Honda Odyssey is only a 7 seater and has 5 anchor points.

inthearmsofsleep

We have been looking at either the Avensis or the Misubishi Grandis, which is a 7 seater with 5 anchor points and only a 2.4lt engine. It is a nice car, you get a little luxury with the extras and it doesn't cost a bomb. We are thinking of upgrading to a Grandis or Avensis because our car costs so much in fuel now. My dream car is the Mazda CX-9, but that has an engine roughly the size of what we have now and is a bit out of the budget!! Also not enough boot space ;)

Edited by inthearmsofsleep