Chelli

Non-Vaccinated Kids Discussion #6

Chelli

Hi everyone

Here's a link to your previous discussion:

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=537765

Please note: This thread is a supportive thread for people choosing not to vaccinate. There are many other areas of EB for people with opposing opinions to discuss them, so I would ask that this thread stays a supportive one. If you have any issues about this, please PM me.

Regards,

Chelli :)

naturalgoodness

:dance:GOLD :dance:

Hope you are all well :tongue:

acemummy

Yeah :D Did I get

Silver

AGHHH can't get the colours to work, must be my settings...

mumma23

I have a question. DS has had some vaccinations, but now I want to do a concientious objection so he doesn't have to have any more. Centrelink are driving me mad because he was supposed to have 2 more. I got a letter from GP TWICE to say why he can't have them. Now they're saying he needs 3 more, it keeps changing and DS is getting too upset over it all. The last one he had the GP had told me would be his last which was what I told DS, now he has to have 3 more?! My other children never had these vaccinations.

DH says you can't object that because he's already had some. I don't see why you can't change your mind?

Thanks for any answers, just thought that you might know the answer.

funkymumkey56

I'll take it, BRONZE!

mumma23 - looks like you're being fed balony. Go to Centerlink and ask for a CO form(Conscientious Objection), I think you may also be able to get one from Medicare. Go to a GP that will listen and get them to sign it, then return form to Medicare I think, after photocopying it.

Edited by funkymumkey56

ReneS

mumma23 Totally agree, you are defiantely being fed a whole lot of BS! I'd be finding out EXACTLY what he has had, and what these supposedly 3 others are.

But your GP or community health centre should be able to fill out a CO form for you. If you definately don't want anymore vax's done, then i would be getting this done asap.

funkymumkey56 You have got to be kidding, i would have very little faith in that Dr FULLSTOP! She obviously doesn't know about vaccines, so what else does she play a guessing game with :wacko:

My DH had the chickenpox when DD got it from a VACCINATED child at 14months old. Anyway, both were fine, not many spots or fusses either.

The child who they caught it from, had a sister similar age to my DD, anyway, when her DS got the chickenpox (from school) she raced out and got her DD Vaccinated, well she got it BAD!! I can't believe they let her have the vax knowing that she more than likely already had it :rolleyes: Smart ECHN hey!! Anyway, poor thing got a double dose of it really and was covered head to toe in spots and really unwell.

acemummy

Sorry, What is the CO form for? do you need it for starting school? what does centrelink need it for.... OH I am lost.

naturalgoodness

The CO form is so that Centrelink will pay the Child Care Benefit and stop sending you letters.

You can download it from the Medicare website. It doesn't matter that you have had some done, you are saying that you won't be doing anymore.

daffodil27

hi girls just checking into the new thread!

BBS

mumma23

Thank you all for the replies, it sounded like a load of when DH told me. It drives me crazy, i'm sure people at CL just make up their own rules.

I know two of the vaccs are HepB but the other one I have no idea, as far as I was aware & the GP gave me a letter confirming that, he was up-to-date on everything bar the two hep B.

Now they're all doing backflips and saying he needs 3 but no one seems to know what the third is. GP had previously consulted an immunologist and they set out the schedule for him saying he just needed two Hep B one month apart.

I think he's already been over-vaccinated as it is and funnily enough, when he stopped having vaccinations before, he stopped getting sick all the time. (eg: He had TWO hep B previously, yet has no immunity anyway!)

Edited by mumma23

xysmum

Hi girls can I join?

I vaccinated my first two children but then became " educated" on vaccines. I have not done my third child. He is now 22 months and not had one sick day in all his life!!!

I use an excellent alternative health guy who homeopathically treats him on an individual level.

He is great!

I am so glad to have some support out there in a world full of critiscm for not vaccinating!!

ReneS

Welcome xysmum The ladies in here are really nice :D

Got a question for you......

I am thinking about doing Bachelor of Midwifery, and i ahve read that you have to be immunised :rolleyes:

Anyway, i am not immunised and really don't want to put those nasties in my system...... do you think if i did the homeopathic immunisations, they would accept that?

Am i right to say i have heard the govt excepting the homeopathis immunisations for children, or have i got it all wrong??

Guest **KM**

No Ali, it's 'expensive water' :lol::lol::lol::tongue:

ReneS

Thanks so much Alicat78

Looks like i'll be getting tested for immunity then :D

*SYM*

We were going to do some vaccinations but delay them. Bubs had the Vit K, but couldn't fathom a reason why a baby needed the hep B. Have spent the last couple of hours reading posts and information, is there one central place for links re vaccination / homeopathic etc? So far happy not to get the chicken pox or MMR done, but looking for more information on the others and alternatives. Bubs is only 2 months old so have plenty of time to look into it.

Thank you.

emskies

Hi ladies :D

Just wanted to pop my head in and say it's great to read all your posts - they continue to keep my confidence up in not having Levi vaccinated.

He is 7 months old and only received Vit K at birth - which I allowed because he was born by ceasarean after having his little head knocked about by forceps.

I still get little panic attacks about not vaccinating him. DH is unbelievably supportive which helps. The mums in my Mothers Group have been phenomenal as well - they have all vaccinated their babies, but have huge misgivings about doing it. Before and after their babies get their shots they are anxious and questioning why they are doing it. They often say to me that they feel pressured into it and are not at all convinced that it's the best thing.

One bubs has already had CP, well, they believe it was CP even though their doctor was unable to categorically confirm that it was. Go figure!

Anyway, I'm glad we have this supportive forum. I don't have anyone IRL who is a non-vaccinator so it can be a lonely, scary road!

Cheers

Emma

Guest **KM**
The mums in my Mothers Group have been phenomenal as well - they have all vaccinated their babies, but have huge misgivings about doing it.

That's fantastic, I was just coming into ask that question ...

For the others, how have you found the response by mother's in your mother's grp/playgroup etc (if you are part of one) around not vaccinating? I am hoping to join a Mother's Grp again this time around due to the big age gap and am unsure of how well received I will be that I am choosing not to vaccinate. Not that I will be 'advertising' it, but I'm just it'll come up around vaccination time :unsure:

ReneS

All my friends know i don't vaccinate, they don't question why.... not too sure why, guessing they don't want to know what they fear already.

And i'm unsure whether my mums group knows if we don't, and i definately haven't even mentioned it to the playgroup i go too.

I don't think they would understand, most of them are medicine freaks, so i don't think i would confide in them about it, unless one day my gf who also goes decides to being it up (she knows i don't)

Edited by ReneS

emskies

KM, like ReneS I didn't bring it up within my MG. And just like you said they latched on when I kept quiet during the 'how did your bubs go with their shots' discussions!

On the flip side, one of my girlfriends is an emergency nurse at the Childrens here in Melbourne (so obviously sees the extreme and worst-case scenarios), so our initial discussions tended to be very strained, and now we have an unspoken agreement that we dont talk about it!

ReneS

Ali Your litle girl shares the same birthday as my DS1 :D

Just want to touch on the fewest colds and skin issues....

My DD is NEVER sick, she may get a runny nose every so often, but that's it.

My poor DS1 is sick ALL the time AND has excema and asthma :( From when he was about 10months old it all started, healthy and never sick before that.... but why now is he this way. I too always thought that not vaccinating gave them a better immune system to help fight off these illnesses, but not poor Kye.

I have taken cow's products away and reduced egg and wheat to see how he goes.

Any other suggestions?

I have a friend who is finishing up doing Naturapathy and so she is going to give him a consulation, and i am trying to get him in to get allergy tested.

I will add that we have food allergies on my side of the family, and my SIL and DH suffer from excema and DH had asthma at a young age as well, he WAS vaccinated as a child too.

My kids have NEVER had anything jabbed into them EVER!

ReneS

Yeah i did post in there a little, but like you, it was really big, i also find that i didn't mesh well in there, so i stopped.

Yeah i think i have to eliminate wheat all together. Mum keeps going on about doing it, so sounds like a plan.

Just need to get off my bum and go to the bakery in town that makes the spelt bread.

Guest **KM**
My poor DS1 is sick ALL the time AND has excema and asthma

Unfortunately excema can lead to asthma in many cases :( We had that 'fear' when DD got excema very badly (both DD & DS are nearly fully vaccinated, just not their 4 yr old shots as that is when we decided against vaccination). I have a couple of suggestions ... for the excema, evening primrose oil is fantastic. My DD suffered from it badly and that is what my naturopath recommended. She took some orally (loved sucking on the pierced capsules) and then some on the sores. Excema can come from low GLA levels, here's some great info on the Blackmores site about it: Evening Primrose Oil The other thing we were advised was to take her off citrus juices etc.

With the asthma (which DS has had bouts of), similar to what you have tried, we took DS off milk products when he starts to wheeze. He is not diagnosed asthmatic (we never went down that route), but had an asthmatic type reaction when he gets unwell. We put him on rice milk and just no dairy and it seems to clear up (then we are able to allow it back in his diet - he's fine when his immune system is going ok - but when it's low he will develop the asthmatic response).

The other option for both conditions is to find a really good homeopath and have a consultation. Make sure it's not a naturopath who's not properly qualified in homeopathy as you will probably not get a proper classical homeopathic consultation ;)

Edited by **KM**

ReneS

I'm unsure where i'm studying it just yet.

I was hoping to do it at CSU in wagga (2 hour drive from where i am) but i emailed CSU and they said they don't offer it :( i'm sure they do as at the pg care clinic that's here in town, had were csu students there.

Anyway, i have a friend who works at the hospital, so she is going to ask around for me.

Otherwise i can do it PT in Canberra, but that's a 4 hour drive each way, not sure if i can do that.

I posted in the studying forum here in EB and someone said that they think i coud do it PT at uniSA and only have to go in a couple times in the year.

If that's the case, i'd definately travel to SA to do it :lol:

Otherwise, i may need to do B.Nursing 1st, then do midwifery

It's all new to me, have no idea how uni's work actually, but i really do want to do it.

Any suggestions?

No bread maker, but my mum has one, she hasn't used it in YEARS, so i might hae to borrow it from her. She also buys organic spelt flour too, so there isn't any excuse NOT to make it :lol:

The bakery in town charge about $3-$4 a loaf, so quite reasonable and the loaves are quite large too.

They only bake it on a tues and thu and the rest goes in the freezer, so i want to buy it freah on those days, but i'm never up town those days :( Might have to get DH to get it for me before he comes home.

Edited by ReneS

ReneS

Ali, i'll PM, i'm sure we don't want to clog up the thread with B.Nursing and B. Midwifery chat :lol:

I'm soooooo excited!!

Edited by ReneS

~Sorceress~

Just checking that everybody's seen this horror story: Forced Vaccination

They've chosen a pretty compelling case to make a precedent with, but if they get this through ALL of our children at a greater risk... :(

If anybody wants a copy of the AVN response, PM me your email and I'll forward it...