Sign in to follow this  
xanderpander

how long does it take for Medicare to reimburse?

xanderpander

Just wondering what the procedure is to get a Medicare reimbursement, and how long it takes.

I am using a private hospital and OB for my pregnancy/delivery, I will be covered by private insurance for the delivery, but I'll have to pay for the care during pregnancy.

I know Medicare reimburses some of it, but I've never had to do it before so I'm not sure where to start...

darkenigma

Just take your receipts into Medicare office to claim. Cash back immediately - or for large amounts they can put the money into your bank account.

MumtoOliver
Just take your receipts into Medicare office to claim. Cash back immediately - or for large amounts they can put the money into your bank account.

darkenigma PP is right! I found that for the larger amounts (I think anything over $500) was in our bank account within a couple of days, which I thought was pretty good.

Sophiebear

Blondiebear

I always go straight from my appointments to Medicare. I pay all my Ob, pathology and ultrasound fees by credit card, so essentially I get the cash before I have to pay the bill, very nice!

Trevie

If over $1000 they won't give it to you in cash, some lower. It was in my account within 5 working days.