Bel

July 03 Parents # 546

joeyn

GOLD!

I'm happy to move our chat to secure board. It irks me that people read our posts with the intent to belittle us. It also worries me that all our posts can disappear, be reproduced or quoted in the media. EB is not the place it used to be, if you look around there is more b**ching, backstabbing and nastiness, than there are constructive posts.

Maybe we can set up secure board to use like MSN (which is great for photos and not much else). If we post there, a "see ..." on here would help anyone who struggles with the idea of checking another site.

Just my 2 bobs worth.

Fi l was sooo tempted to hide Lorettas coffee!

Edited by joeyn

brazen

drama queen checking in for silver

^^Tash^^

Ill attempt Bronze :)

Mel - I love the word puerile it has such a backhand connotations and so very apt lol Oh to answer your question Raz doesn't have internet access at home so there is no skype. We looked into getting a wireless modem for the laptop but we had to lock into a 24 month plan. He has msn at work so I usually get a good morning message but he is paranoid because he has problems online at work and quite often Perth use the remote access function in msn to change stuff on his computer and he is afraid he will get caught chatting to me lol

Have 2 nudie boys just got out of the shower I have to dress

Chubby Clementine

(.Y.) :D

Tash, I bet you are counting down the days!

Karen, gotta love the pain killers. I hope you and the kids feel better in the morning.

We had a tiring day today. We headed off about lunchtime and caught the bus to the station, the train to Flinders street, then another train to Essendon. We went to the bombers shop and got Darryn a new footy jumper and had a bit of a kick at Windy Hill and went to the hall of fame. We then caught the train back to Southern Cross and walked over to Jeff's shed to the boat show and caught up with Troy for a few hours while he was working. We have just got home! Sleep in in the morning for us I think. :)

Have a great weekend ladies.

Edited by k~leigh

JennyH

Since I missed the podium, I'll take CHOCOLATE!

I agree the stalker thing shows they have a fairly dull life themself, and I don't share anything on the web I am not happy for people IRL to know...

Can also see Joey's point about the media thing and the fairfax ownership having changed EB fundamentally (let alone the b**ch factor, which has always been around, sometimes worse, sometimes better)...

But I guess for me, I also do mothers groups for Hannah and Michael here on EB, plus things like photography that I lurk in when I get the time.

A separate secure board, nice as it might be, I probably wouldn't check as often, as it would mean a separate task. Most days I struggle to get time to check my email and EB!! Plus I do it from different computers, so signing in and out can be tiresome, particularly if you need a NET passport of whatever, as I am not happy setting that up on other computers.

But if Loretta feels her contributions are being limited by the interfering loser, then I could be persuaded.

Cheerio

JennyH

PS edited this to add something which I have now forgotten! DOH

Edited by JennyH

Tsikos

hugs to Karen, I hope the family gets over the lurges very very very soon and waves Hi! to everyone else :)

^^Tash^^

I've had Josh with a 39.1 temp overnight :( have managed to keep it down with panadol poor little bugger it has knocked the stuffing out of him, took him to the doc and of course its viral keep doing what I'm doing and here, sign this medicare form....

5 More sleeps till daddy is home, Josh keeps asking me when daddy is coming home

Rach your kids are gorgeous!

Edited by ^^Tash^^

brazen

wow i can't believe megan is so grown up!

Tsikos

Thanks Tash and Karen look at your own sig LOL!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend/school holidays (temperatures and infections aside). We just had a 1/2 hour battle to agree on a video :rolleyes: finally found BugsLlife sits suitably in between the fairies and spiderman!

Mel - I meant to ask how did your ice-skating surprize go? Obviously from your sig it happened....

TreeHugger

We survived the 4 and 5 year old invasion followed closely by the family invasion! A wonderful day was had all round, the kids fave was decorating their cupcakes or gingerbread men :)

Was suprised that almost all mums left their kids and went - or is this the norm at 5yr old parties?? Was actually easier tho as we didn't have to bother so much with the adults needing drinks!

2 very tired girls and one emotional mumma who can't believe it's been 5 years since she was blessed with such a beautiful and special daughter :wub:

Will post some pics tomorrow of then and now, for now I have presents to wrap :)

Love Trace

Demon Deeva

Oh Yay Trace, glad the party went well - I think it is the norm from 5 years onwards to abandon the party hosting parent :evilgrin: God knows I always beat a very hasty retreat at school pal parties. At parties for my friends kids I always make myself at home and give them a hand. know i'd be playing find the coffee at any of this group's parties LOL.

Demon Deeva

Two words for you ladies (oops! I had laides - Freudian slip i'm sure):

Kirby Atwood

Any thoughts?

Edited by Demon Deeva

TreeHugger

Fi, huh? I'm confuddled :wacko:

^^Tash^^

Fiona two words MMM mmm! ANd I have always been an Andrew Mccarthy fan pity he is gay IRL

Sorry I am having a crappy night, Josh screamed all thru lipstick jungle - nothing I do is working and he doesn't want me in there, he screams if I come in and screams if I leave I can't f'n win

PS Tracee try Lipstick Jungle Channel 7 Sunday 9.30pm :)

Edited by ^^Tash^^

Chubby Clementine

Not bad Fi, I'll raise you one

Michael C Hall

coz he is my man for the night, lol.

:D

Demon Deeva

It wasn't his looks it was the fruity scene this week and the skirt ripping one... Lordy what i'd give for some of that action :ph34r:

Edited by Demon Deeva

TreeHugger

Ah so he was the young dude that had the woman fall on her back quick smart??? LOL!

Poor Joshie, it's not his ears is it Tash? They always feel worse at night.

Night

^^Tash^^

I dunno Trace, I pointed to every part of his body and asked him if it hurt, all I got between the screaming was an emphatic NO. I even offered Ice cream and he screamed No at me, I could have offered him disneyland in the backyard and he would have said no. Im taking him back to docs first thing this is bullsh*t. All I'd been thinking these past 2 hours has been who can I call to sit with Nate while I take Josh to the after hours doc. Thankfully he finally went to sleep exhausted about 10 minutes ago. I'm gonna sit up a little while longer to make sure he is going to stay asleep. He was fine this afternoon and it seems like as soon as it gets dark it comes back, he had the chills tonight when he went to bed, I checked on him half hour later and he was burning up again. Got some Nurofen into him and that brought the temp down but with the temp came the runny nose which he is choking on, coughing and waking up. Ahhh the joys 5 more sleeps 5 more sleeps 5 more sleeps till daddy is home

Tsikos

Hope you get an answer this morning Tash. (though Murphy's great 'well when actually seeing doctor' law will probably prevail....) hugs and I hope you made it till breakfast.

sotetno
Happy Birthday Tyler!

Happy Birthday Abbey!

Hope you both get exciting days filled with presents today.

Tash - poor Joshie and poor Tash. Hope he stayed asleep for the rest of the night. Nick always seems to get sick at night and then is bright as a button during the daytime when you take him to the doctor too :rant:

Tracee - glad the party was a big success. I certainly wouldn't be leaving my 5 year old alone at a party, but then I'm not in that situation either since we don't have daycare friends :)

Rachel - ice skating surprise went very well. Nick gave the surprise away, but only 5 minutes before we would have left anyway. I told him to go wash his face as we were about to leave, and he said "why do I have to wash my face to go iceskating" in front of Attila. But I'm still pretty impressed he managed to keep the secret for 2.5 weeks, which is a minor miracle.

Atti was stunned (as I'd always said it was too embarrassing to learn skating as an adult) and we had a great time. Attila and I got a few goes around the rink holding hands, which made us feel like teenagers so it was all worthwhile. :grin:

Oh and fabulous piccies of the kids. Edited by sotetno

joeyn

Happy Birthday Tyler

Happy Birthday Abbey

Tash how are you and Josh today?

I missed eye candy?! :cry:

~mouse~

Happy Birthday Abbey!

and

Happy Birthday Tyler!

Hope you both have a lovely day :wub:

Tash, hope Josh is doing better this morning xxx

Shaznco

Happy Birthday Tyler!

Happy Birthday Abbey!

Need to clean my house, that's the only thing I hate about school holiday's, my house is a complete mess for weeks.

Back later.