Nut

Never Ending Chatter

Nut

Trial run!

Ok people, lets start this thread. This thread will not be locked as long as it stays nice (or I get objections from admin).

Getting nasty may lead to it being locked and then you might just be the one who gets blamed. So play nice and chat away!

MummaSgettie

Ha ha, does this mean I get GOLD?

Thanks for starting this Nic. :D

So where do we start? Does anyone else have ridiculous hayfever atm (can you tell mine is driving crazy LOL)?

Barky

silver!!!

I don't have any hayfever at the moment (touchwood as I normally get it).

station*masters*wife

Bronze

The teacher at play school today could hardly stop sneezing when we were outside, I think that she suffers from hay fever.

What has everyone got planned for the weekend?

Kate

Puggle

This is the thread that never ends,

Yes it goes on and on my friends,

Somebody started it not knowing what it was,

And it will go forever more and that is just because

This is the thread that never ends ...

MummaSgettie

Oh Anne that is just so nasty! Now it will be in my head all night.

No plans for the w/end so far but am extremely cabin feverish. Any suggestions...............

Barky

LOL Anne, yes very annoying........

brazen

we only get spring hayfever in this house but my officemate was complaining about it on wednesday. wonder what's in teh air?

i have to have a whinge, rory has decided she wants to toilet train - aaagh i'm not ready! (i don't think she is really either lol) i'm over it all ready. she won't use the potty as no one else does but can't do the toilet thing on her own despite the step / inner seat etc etc :ph34r:

kate, on sunday i have bookclub of course :D tomorrow i'm hoping to do my overlocker course 'homework' lol. and make emelia a top or dress ;) or maybe something for myself...

Tan72

This weekend we are starting the massive job of packing up our house ready for our renovation :excite: I am so excited it's ridiculous. This reno should have been done when I was home on mat leave with Mac, but we were a little distracted...

Tan

Guest dixiebelle

I want to say sincerely thanks to Nut, for doing a thankless job so well, and remaining objective in her role as Mod!! :) And for handling it so well, despite other circumstances going on...

Other than that.... I want to boast about my DD (my almost 3 :cry: ) who is in the Senior Toddlers room for the 2nd time today, and not only got herself onto the toilet herself, but traced over her own name!! Maybe not gifted, but her new carer said she was very bright...

OK, off to bath/ feed babies and settle in for a night with take away, Survivor finale and a glass of wine!! have a great weekend everyone...

SneeP

I'll second that, Thanks Nut! Love the thread name too BTW :D

Weekend is DH getting back into ref'ing hockey, and generally bumming around. Maybe get around to putting some boxes on a shelf that I've been meaning to do for he past 2 months :ph34r:

Guest TashaLilJem

Noooooooo Anne, so so not fair!! I will have that stuck in my head all night now :cry:

We are all well here, not sickness so far *touch wood*. I normally get a cold that lasts all winter, but this year I haven't felt bad at all.

Nothing planned for the weekend yet. I might take the girls for a drive and take some more photos. Not sure where though.

Karen, and Dixie, they do grow up too fast. Toilet training, and learning heaps of things, soon enough they will be moody teenagers :o

Tan, is that kitchen renovations? Or the whole house?

Nut, thank you for all your have been doing lately :D

Is it just me but is winter a never ending cycle of cleaning and washing? It was raining today, and after picking Lily up this afternoon they both have cabin fever because they can't go on the trampoline like they normally do, so my house looks like a bomb of toys this afternoon!

Sgettie, hmmm things to kill cabin fever. I can't suggest anything that doesn't cost money lol Hire dvds, and make popcorn, go to a playcentre, oh oh I know if its not raining do an outdoor Autumn hunt to find leaves, feathers, sticks etc, and then glue them on a huge piece of paper and make a collage?

Oh sneeP you sneaked in there. Things happen like that sometimes. I have been meaning to organise my shed, 2 years later its still not organised :ph34r:

Edited by TashaLilJem

Susana

Woohoo a new thread. Good job Nut!

We are all well atm as well. Got over the gastro that we had on the Mother's Day weekend....great timing :wacko:

This weekend I'm hoping to get some more work done on my latest quilt :wub: I'm just waiting for some more fabric to arrive before I can start on the next section. I've boardered all the blocks so far but that's it :blush:

Yay Tan on the reno. How exciting! What are you getting done?

SneeP

LOL tasha, the boxes are in my bedroom for my bedroom cupboard (to be out of reach of little sneaky hands)

laraq75

Susana - I had a nice chat with belinda when i ran into her in the mall tonight. :) good luck with the quilting.

Nothing much planned for me at the moment just trying to stay out of trouble. :)

I was going to say something else but can't remember. Will come back later.

Oh thats it

Nic - thanks so much for starting the thread. I promise to play nice.

unique_gem

Hmmmmm this weekend I am working tomorrow morning then taking DS to a birthday party in the afternoon.

Sunday I think we will all need a quiet day at home pottering around.

Tan how excitement :lol: . When are the renos actually starting?? when are you moving to your mums??

Sue who is the new quilt for??

Sorry Sgettie now suggestions, congrats on the baby boy :wub: . you are so blessed to have 5 gorgeous healthy kids :wub: .

Tash I am with you on the cycle that is winter :blink: . The washing is never ending and there is more housework because the kids cant get outside as much. Having said that I prefer the cold to the heat :blush:

MummaSgettie

Susana - great idea re quilting. I am half way through doing a play/snuggle quilt for #5 atm and it seems to be providing great relaxation. I just need to get a border fabric and a backing piece.

Carol - I saw Chris today and he is counting down the days until I can come back LOL. I have told him though that I won't be able to do the littler kids (too much bending and bouncing LOL) but am more than happy to the higher K-levels once my Dr gives my the go ahead. Fingers crossed the ms stays away.

Tan - how exciting! You've been waiting awhile for this haven't you?

Tasha - great idea re. the autumn collaging only if DH does it with them though (outside is not good with my nose atm). Would give me the perfect opportunity to do my quilting too, I bet I'll end up having a Nanas nap though. :tongue:

brazen

i want to sew tomorrow if any of you crafty types would like to join me?

Susana

Quilting is really my winter thing to do. I felt no urge to do any at all while it was hot. I've bought fabric to make all of the kids small snuggle quilts for when they are watching TV.....telly quilts. Delia really feels the cold so it will be great for her.

Karen: I'd love to join you....maybe when the boys are having nap time?? I won't be sewing mostly just cutting at this stage as I can't do much till the rest arrives. So if you've got a spare table I'll be there with bells on. Hmmm maybe not.

Lara: I always bump into B at the mall friday nights. I have too much of a headache to go there tonight though :huh: Even though I really need to hit the shops.

Sgettie: I bet Chris is keen to get you back. He seems like he'd make a really great boss. My lovelies are doing so fantastically there. Darcy went up a level last fast track :wub: Which is amazing considering I had to pull him out of fast track in January and put him back into transition :blush:

brazen

i definitely ahve a spare table, all yours :)

sgettie, did you know that ryan went up 2 levels in 2 weeks? i was so proud of him :D they still ask about you and where you are :wub:

Princesspink

Thanks Nut, awesome idea, we have needed a all in chat for so long :)

What is it in the air???? I've also had hayfever every morning this week, had to go and get some Beconase yesterday and took a claramax this morning and it seems to have worked today :)

I went for an interview this morning! I thought the job might have been a little out of my depth! I left thinking, ok they seem happy, but not sure if i got it! They phoned me about 10 minutes later to tell me they want to offer me the job!! :) Im so happy, im officially off 4 years of maternity leave!! :tongue:

Thanks for the offer Karen, i should have left taking my suit slacks up till tomorrow, but i put them in at the alterations this afternoon to save time! Bugger. Have fun!!

Han x

BTW My thoughts on the recent discussion about our group as the poll thread has been locked for some reason.

When I joined ACT board 3 years ago, there was nothing like Younger mums or any place to chat in general. There was a few individual meet ups, and alot of people posting their own topics, but no friendship groups, i was thinking about starting up a group when Hayley posted looking for young mums to meet up with. So it rolled on from there.

When i left NSW, i had a local group running there for about 18months, So when the opportunity arose here, i continued the Younger mums thread, which has been an important group and support for alot of mums in the ACT over the 2 years or so to get to know each other, chat and occasionally meet up.

Someone suggested an age limit which was unfortunate as the statement discluded alot of people, however, everyone in the group agreed in that same thread, that there shouldnt have been an age limit, and it was for everyone who felt YOUNGER.

The term Young, younger has defined the group for so long, that with a recent vote with the people involved, it was a majority rule that it stay with the same name.

If the suggestion to make the Younger group under 25's, that would just about include me, 25 and Tracymarakay. LOL. So i dont think thats such a fab idea.

Im saddened that there has been discussion to close it down, im sorry that your group didnt work Helen, but to even suggest to close us down too because "if one isnt running, then neither should the other", is utterly rude considering our group has been successfully up and running for a couple of years now.

Thats all i have to say without actually saying what i really want to say... :evilgrin:

If ok with you nut, im sure we would love to keep our group going.

If you dont feel like you fit, please reconsider, most of our members are about 28-32 and feel gorgeous and younger (unlike my exhausted myself today :)), and will be greeted with a friendly welcome.

Han x

Edited by Princesspink

L712

Yeah Hannah!!!!

That is awesome!!!

Susana

Well done Han. What job did you get and when do you start?

Guest TashaLilJem

Congratulations Han!! What kind of job is it?

All this quilting talk has made me want to take it up! But I so know I will get half way through one and give up :ph34r: I still haven't even finished that scrapping page I created myself or the scrapping page kit I was doing the time before last that Nicola was here ummm some time last year!! I think photography is as creative as I am going to get lol

I really need to get my girls into swimming. Is there a Kings near me?

MummaSgettie

That is fantastic news Karen! I really didn't think it would take him long at all.

Chris is a brilliant boss, but can be as "hormonal" as some of us gals. :tongue:

It's great to hear everyones kids are doing well, positive feedback is something we really love to hear.

I don't know that I will be up to joining you Karen, after Rogue Traders last night (didn't get home until 11.30pm), I think I really should be spending the catching up on some rest (and warmth LOL).

Congrats Hannah! You must feel so empowered.

ETA - Tasha kings will be opening in Calwell, but I'm not sure when as it was originally meant to be a month before Macgregor opened and building is yet to start. Perhaps you could bug Chris. :tongue:

Edited by MummaSgettie