Road_to_somewhere

Road_to_somewhere

Edited by TheMexican

Caramel Queen

I have no experience, but as I am fully expecting to go overdue have been reading up on it. Apparently if women weren't induced, on average 1st time mums would go into labour at 40+8 days (ie 41+1 weeks) and 2nd time mums at 40+4 days. So the whole 40 weeks thing is a bit of a tease!

Anyway, good luck and hope something happens for you soon! :)

cesca
What I need is some good news stories where you have naturally gone into labour and been ages overdue, I need the encouragement!

I went to 17 days past my EDD with my DS before I went into labour naturally.

Well... on day 16 I DID get my midwife to give me a stretch and sweep, AND took castor oil, just to cover my bases. :blush: One of them worked! :lol: I had a nice straightforward 8 hour labour.

All the best! :)

sunnyone

a good friend of mine went in to labour naturally 14 days overdue - she had to sign paperwork from the hospital stating she decided against their recommended induction at 10 days over even though there were no health issues for mum or bub!...she said she just knew her little girl would come when she was ready....and she did :)

Road_to_somewhere

I can't believe how badly written my OP was! How embarrassing!

Thanks for the replies, as long as I get the ok in CTG monitoring and I am feeling ok with it, I will let bub stay in as long as he wants!

nqmum

Well, I was 11 days overdue (to me, this was REALLY overdue!) when my beautiful DD arrived...naturally! We had tried EVERYTHING too. Except caster oil which my Dr. didn't want me to try for some reason. I was booked in to be induced at 4pm on the Wednesday, and at 12:05am Wednesday morning I started having little contractions. She left it to the last minute to come, but I was so thankful she came all on her own. And it was a great labour too. Only about 2.5 hours in total. Good luck with everything!

Annroc

Hi

My bub was 7 days over due. I was due to go in to the hospital to be booked in for an induction and then on the Monday morning he decided to come on his own accord.

Don't want to scare you - but l think doctors advise not to go too over due as there is more chance that the bub passes

merconian (sp?? - first poo)which is what happened to me = and labour can become more distressing for all.

Sorry about the spelling - but spell check is not working!

Anna

Etcetera

DS was 9 days late - I was booked in for an induction the next day (although i would have refused).

I had prelabour symptoms for a couple of days beforehand, then went into proper labour the day before he was born.

Hoping this baby comes a little earlier!

june20

Hi there,

I was overdue with DS1. I was booked in for an induction at 7 days overdue, but labour started naturally the night before I was due to be induced (so 40+6).

Good luck,

Hope it happens for you soon,

Gussax

I was booked in for an induction at 41wk + 2day and went into labour naturally the night before.

I had no early labour symptoms that i picked up on. Though i may have switched off my awareness thinking that i was going to have the baby the next day anyway. LOL!

Good luck. :)

clumpy
Except caster oil which my Dr. didn't want me to try for some reason.

Castor oil is not recommended these days because it has the same effect on the baby as it does on you (ie explosive digestive upsets!) and can make them pass meconium in utero. Not good.

whoknew

DD was due on the 7th, then they changed my date to the 14th.

I was over, had 2 stretch and sweeps and they planned to induce me on the 27th.

I was already a little dilated and my cervix was "ready to go" so not sure if this helped.

But on the night of the 26th I went into labour naturally and had her at 7am on the 27th (time & date I was supposed to be induced) Freaky huh?

I believe in the whole "don't stress about it and it will happen" theory.

Every night I thought it was going to happen, except for the night I actually went into labour. And the only reason I didn't think about it is because I knew I was getting induced the next day and thought I had no hope of going naturally.

HTH :D

dippinsniffer

I had a stretch and sweep on day 10, commenced labour 2hrs later and delivered 10hrs later.

karablt

I was 7 days overdue with dd1 and 8 days over with dd2!!

I was given induction orders with both of them and i went into labour naturally with both of them on the days they were due to be induced!! LOL....

My SIL is pregnent with her 2nd and has been saying that she is due beginning of june when she is actually due mid may. Just so she isn't disappointed if she goes over her due date and the family don't ring every day to see if she is in labour. :D

Good luck! Hope it happens soon!!

Kara

tina-6

:blush: my DS who is 18y now he was 4 weeks late due the 8 of dec came the 12 jan doc said i had my dates wrong but ok the reless from hospital the paper work said my son was 44weeks gestion

so yer i didnt get induce he came on his own

and ugly little bugger he was too lol

he has club feet allso had op when he was 2y from there being room in my belly

good luck

tina

Benevolence

I gave birth to my second after 16 days overdue. I was supposed to be induced on day 15 but the hospital was very busy and I had a US and bub and placenta were fine so they were happy to give me a stretch and sweep. I was devastated, just wanted to meet the baby. Anyway, I went into labour naturally at about 2am and had an easy 4 hr labour.

I was induced with my first (11 days over) and that labour was 100 times more painful. I would happily go a month overdue before having another induction. It was just so much more painful. As long as baby is continually monitored and the placenta is functioning fine, then I think yourt better off waiting for your body to be ready. I've decided that with my next baby I won't let them tell me the EDD, I just want to know the round about time eg late july, mid march etc. Each day past your due date is agony and seems to go on forever and don't even get me started on the neverending phone call "Have you had the baby yet?" :wacko:

Good Luck

trish12a

Hi there Mexican!!

With DS I was exactly 14 days overdue, I was due to have an appt with the gyno on the Monday to discuss induction, but bub decided to start the ball rolling by himself on the Sunday.

With DD I was 7 days overdue, was due to be induced at 5pm and labour started at 5am. I went private with this one, and had had enough so requested induction - my gyno wasn't stressed though and I think he would have let me go another week.

I think with my kiddies, they just need an eviction notice given before they decide to make the move :laugh:

watchthemgrow

hello all,

havent been on here in ages. is anyone still using this thread? i hope so. i am now 9 days over and going out of my mind. i have an induction booked for this tuesday 8th, if nothing happens beforehand.how did other late mums past the time?

this is # 4 and should be early going by history, which is prob why im so over it.

whoknew

Oh you poor thing! It drives you crazy huh?!

Well goodluck for Tuesday anyway (thats if you get to it)

Hmm lets see to pass time....I cried and whinged and was cranky at sat on EB lol. So really it felt like I was overdue more then what I was!

I was Xmas and I was supposed to have a newborn baby, not be fat and moody!

My best advice would be, get out the house and go and do something! Anything that you can enjoy! If you have the money, go get a facial or your hair done or go to the movies! Just take some "you" time. Even though your probably sick of hearing to do that stuff!

Thats all I've got to offer!

Hang in there hun! Only 2 days at the max to go! What time are you getting induced?

GOODLUCK!

watchthemgrow

hi,

they have me booked in tomorrow at 5pm. grrrrrrrrrr i have to wait all day. i have a feeling that tonight will be a very long night of counting every little niggle that comes along. i might turn the clock over!

as for shopping and movies.... does k mart count? and what movies? we dont have much in town!!!! i might just sit and moan!!!

sleepy123

Oh Poor you! I went 11days overdue with DS1. Finally went into labour naturally the day of my routine '10 days post dates' CTG and USS. I phoned the midwife at 0500 and told her I had contraction 5mins apart and she didn't believe I was in labour!! :D Luckily I did and packed up the car for the drive in. DS arrived 21hours later! Ummm.... during those final days I mostly cried and ate junk food - not much help really :grin:

261071v

Overdue with DD1 by 7 days- waters broke getting up from my chair in the ob's rooms to discuss whether to induce or not... :lol:

Overdue with DS by 6 days- after a heap of will he or won't he, checked at 6 days and was 4 cm dilated...could have come naturally 1-2 days later, but asked doctor to break waters...does that count as induced or not??

Good luck with your new baby!!

whoknew

Oh man I could just imagine how frustrated you would be!

Well in a good way, less then 24 hours now and you will be either in labour or have a baby in your arms!!!

Goodluck! Hope tonight is the night for you! Keep us posted!

whoknew
Thinking of you right now! Hope all went/going well! :)

babyshamble

the meconium thing is interesting - most of the women i know who have gone overdue have had meconium staining waters (me included at 14 days overdue). But, maybe this is coincidental.

I really agree that the 40 weeks gestation theory is very variable - both my mum and i had 42 weeks gestation periods and everyone was fine. But, it is a pain playing the waiting game when everyone tells you a due date and you just want to see your baby!