Sign in to follow this  
Tina

Christmas Lights

Tina
Hi Ladies, Just wondering if anybody has any addresses of peoples houses that are displaying christams lights this year? I have tried the local radio stations websites as they usually have some addresses on there and the Canberra Times has not started printing them this year yet.
I know there is one on William Webb Drive in Evatt, and there is also one on Ginninderra Drive on the Charnwood side of the road. But more would be great thinking about going for a drive on Saturday evening with the kids.

melmonique
There is on on Katherine Avenue at Amaroo. If you come down Shaolhaven Avenue and turn left at the end you will see it. It is really nice my DD loves it.

<font color='#FF6699'> Mother of Monique Leigh 23/05/01</font>
TTC #2

<font color='#66CCFF'>http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/moniqueleigh/</font >

lissa3007
There is a number of different streets in Amaroo which have lights. Narran St, Bemm Pl, Lett Pl( and the streets around it. You can see these from Mirabei Dr.) There is also a really good display on the main road through Palmerston, Weddin Cres in Palmerston is also usually a good street each year.

Elk

blanky
... Edited by s_m

RachH
There are oooooooooooodles in Gordon and Calwell.

Will find out the addresses for you. I honestly think they are the greatest displays around (redhead, if you are reading this.....what is that one in Gordon that is awwesome????)

Rach

Mum to Sorcha Lee 14/10/01 and Jordy Lachlan 29/03/94. BONUS Mum to Anna(17) Joe(14) and Nick(11)

blanky
... Edited by s_m

canberragirl
There's a great one on Amagula Ave in Ngunnawal. They have put the lights from last year up but I haven't seen them switched on as yet.

Alice

Kaizz
The lights in Gordon are in Fred Lane Crescent - the main house (that's usually on the local news) is on the corner of Fred Lane and a cul-de-sac - you can't miss it! Last year, Fred Lane crescent was made a "one-way only" road for traffic. We usually park the car and go for a nice walk. There are heaps more lights in Gordon and I think in Mountain Circuit in Calwell too.

Kathi
Mum to Izabella (6 years old) and Matthew (7 months old)

Tina
Thanks everyone I will go and check these out and will ring the radio stations tommorrow. If I get any others that would be great to.

Tina
DH Wayne

DS Jacob
DS Josh

Tina
Thanks everyone I will go and check these out and will ring the radio stations tommorrow. If I get any others that would be great to.

Tina
DH Wayne

DS Jacob
DS Josh

Jo
Bonython ... ummm, I know you can see the lights from Drakeford Drive near Johnston Dr, just can't remember the street name (if heading north on Drakeford it is sort of first left after Johnston and then left again) ... will get back to you

Jo2+2<BR>Angel Rachel 21/11/00 (23 weeks)<BR>Matthew & Erin 7/11/01<P><BR>

Tina
Thanks went to their website before I posted here and there was nothing there that day. Many many thanks.

Tina
DH Wayne

DS Jacob
DS Josh

Guest b_ainslie
Joanne2 - are you talking about Noarlunga Cres off Hurtle ave?

I haven't seen them I just know the area - my outlaws live in Bonython. I might just go for a walk.

Seeya!

~A&M~ Both 30
Our little girl is due 20th March 2004!
[img]http://preg.fertilityfriend.com/pregticker/30cdd/
[/img]

RachH
It is Bonython Hill.....Noarlunga Cres is down the bottom...My son goes to Bonython Primary School..and had friends in those areas. I think there are a couple in Noarlunga etc but a lot up 'the top'

Rach original.gif

Merry Christmas

Mum to Sorcha Lee 14/10/01 and Jordy Lachlan 29/03/94. BONUS Mum to Anna(17) Joe(14) and Nick(11)

Bellamy
There's a really bright happy display on Whiteman street in Wanniassa. Actually, with a bit of a drive around Wanniassa you'll find quite a few good ones. There was a great one on Harbison or Sullivan cres last year, don't know if it still is...
Mel original.gif

DS Samuel 5/3/96
DS Oliver 14/10/03

Guest b_ainslie
If the lights are on top of Bonython RachH then I would have seen them last night - my outlaws live on the very top of the hill.

I didn't see any christmas lights in Bonython last night. sad.gif So where are they?

~A&M~ Both 30
[/img]

Jo
Last year, the ones that I saw, were pretty much where you described - turn off Drakeford (or whatever it is called there!) into Hurtle and then left and possibly left again. You could see a few of the lights from Drakeford - but when you get to the street, there was one house in particular that had their whole front lawn covered in figures/lights etc. I would think they should be there again ... surely no one owns the number of decorations to only put them up for one year!

Jo2+2<BR>Angel Rachel 21/11/00 (23 weeks)<BR>Matthew & Erin 7/11/01<P><BR>

Guest b_ainslie
For those of you interested the lights in Bonython ARE in Noarlunga.

I went for a drive last night and they're great.

~A&M~ Both 30
[/img]

blanky
... Edited by s_m

Bellamy
Did everyone catch the list in Sunday's Canberra Times? There were a few streets listed.
I couldn't help myself; they had some lights on sale a Kmart so now I've joined the lighting fun! Can't wait till next year to collect more!
Mel ohmy.gif)

DS Samuel 5/3/96
DS Oliver 14/10/03

purple_elmo
There is a really good lot of lights in Florey Drive, MacGregor. They have Santats workshop!

Mum to Lucy 1/3/01 and trying for 1 more