Sign in to follow this  
Guest GLRR

Chest pain after c-section

Guest Rybeana

Has anyone had a tight chest with a sharp pain during a recovery from a c-section. I am day 6 and have had the pain for the last few hours, I'm sleeping proped up on pillows which helps but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced similar?

BobLoblaw

I'm not sure if is the same chest pain, but after my last CS I had intense pain in the top of my chest underneath my shoulder, so that when I held my baby to breastfeed, I had really bad shooting pains. Apparently some air had made its way into my tummy during the operation and made its way up my chest as an air bubble. I was still in hospital and they gave me some special tea to drink to help break it down. Hope you start feeling better soon!

~lacie~

Yep, similarly to the PP, I had severe shoulder pain, rather than chest pain per se. It was from air that entered my abdominal cavity during the c/s. Lying down completely flat helped.

If you think it's more your chest than your shoulder, perhaps ring your OB or the hospital where you had your c/s. Are you still wearing your stockings?

Shainala

Definitely ring your OB or GP.

I don't want to worry you but blood clots are a worry after caesers.I got them in my right leg.

I would just ring to set your mind at rest.Probably all it is is an air pocket as previously mentioned but its also not something to ignore.

*~*ME*~*

i didnt have chest pain but had pain in my shoulder after my last c section

CrispyEm

Only saw this now. I hope you've called your doctor- a blood clot in the lungs can cause chest pain too. Probably not, but better safe than sorry. :)

Guest Rybeana

Thanks my midwife is coming in the morning so I will talk to her then. The pain is on my right side just under the collarbone, it does hurt more if I breathe in really deeply I had the same pain when my spinal block was getting too high, hope it's just an air bubble really don't want to end up back in hospital.