Sign in to follow this  
*~*ME*~*

When can you resume housework etc after c section?

*~*ME*~*

Hi

I am 15 days post caeser, i am feeling great physically, when is it ok to do housework and stuff? Like vacumming, mopping, hanging out washing all of that fun stuff?

Thanks

Bec

gossip~girl

I gave my body 6 weeks break from all the housework after my c-section - it was BLISS! Sit back, relax, let someone else do it and give your body time to heal ;)

Ruf~Feral~es

I think at least a year - maybe 2 if you have an understanding DH! :D

No, I was back into it (albeit slowly) after about 2 weeks. Back to full strength by 6 weeks.

clumpy

When the child is five...

Baby Clumpy is 6 weeks old now, and I'm like you, I had a dream recovery.

I've tried to take it easy since I got home but it didn't really happen because I didn't even really feel tired! But I had Mr Clumpy do the strenuous up-and-down work (like putting washing in and out of the machine) for the first couple of weeks. And he usually does the vacuuming anyway. I still haven't cleaned the bathroom either because my gorgeous mum offered to take care of that (amazing what grandparents will use as an excuse to see the baby yet again! :) )

Without wanting to be too graphic, you will know you're definitely overdoing it if your lochia increases.

salstar

When you feel physically able.

For me it was about 2 and a half weeks after the CS. But DD is nearly 4 months old and I still love it when MIL comes over and does the washing up and anything else that she can find! It's great!

*~*ME*~*

Well i must be crazy then :wacko: coz i want to do some housework!!! lol

My hubby is understanding, but not quite that understanding :lol:

Moonlitdreams

I would give it 6 weeks. I went by the fact I was feeling good and was able but my stitches split and I got an infection so take it easy for another month.

silvershoes

2 weeks for me, driving after one week, naughty, naughty.

I had an amazing OB and an amazing recovery.

*tooty*

My DH was home for a few weeks after DD's birth so I was able to sit back! Was bliss. I did start to get bored so was back at it after 2 weeks.

If you can, take it easy and let other people help you out! Trust me, you'll have a little bundle to be looking after and admire all day long!!

**Nic**JaylasMum

It was about 2 weeks for me. I had a great recovery too, and didn't need the 6 weeks to start doing these things.

Just start easy and see how you go!!!

niksia

I had an amazing recovery and was out grocery shopping 4 days post op.

I say ride it for as long as you can, you'll never get it back :tongue:

In all honesty though, if you feel up to then go for it, just ease into it. Be warned though, even if it doesn't hurt you may find yourself tiring very quickly.

Physically I felt fine but I would get so tired.

fliss9

I was lucky to have DH home for 3 weeks, so he did most things around the house. Even around 6 weeks, he still wouldn't let me carry the washing basket out to the clothes line!

Enjoy the time that other people are doing stuff for you, because it doesn't last long! But if you are going to do it, take it easy though, just do little things. Even if it doesn't hurt at the time, you may be in pain afterwards.

BrindleGirl

Pretty much straight away. I have issues :blush:

DP tried to help but he really is hopeless with that sort of thing. I hope this time (if I need a c/sec again which is very likely!) to have a cleaner. I'm considering getting one! DP demands he doesn't want a cleaner but its hard enough at the moment for me to clean and I'm fit and able and have a toddler. There is no way I'll be able to do it post c/sec.

To answer your question. I'd wait the recommended 6 weeks, you can however do some light stuff if you feel up to :)

lillipani

i waited for as long as i could, i didn't want to do any damage. Plus it was nice to have DP do everything for me !lol

*Pink*Licorice*

I had my twins 11 weeks early in Melbourne (about 4 hours away from home) because of this I was up and about and walking 15 minutes to and from my accomodation (carrying bags with EBM, breast pump etc) on day 5.

After the twins were transferred closer to home at 3 weeks I went back into my usual housework etc. I did however do the grocery shopping and pushing a heavy trolley to the car split my stitches so be careful and don't do to much heavy lifting/pushing. As for driving, OB said if its only around town etc 2 weeks is fine but longer distances to wait the 6 weeks. Also most insurance companies won't cover you if something happens and you are driving around less then 6 weeks post op, so keep that in mind.

Veritas Vinum Arte

On Driving and Insurance contact your insurer... we have 2 cars with different companies and neither battered an eyelid at me driving 2wks post (with OB permission after I walked the 2kms to his office and back).

Housework.... never :ph34r: .

ThatsNotMyName

I phoned my insurer about driving after my cs & they'd never heard of any restriction so I drove around 10 days after. I had a great recovery & was doing pretty well all the housework with no physical problems around 8 days post op (mainly because it wouldn't be done without me naging & I wasn't emotionally up to that). But like the others said - milk it if you can :evilgrin: