lionfish

Fert Success with naturopath??

lionfish

Hi I have just started seeing a nautropath who I like and I was just wondering if anyone has used a naturopath to fall PG and how long it took??

Success stories always keep me going!! :lol:

shezniy76

Hi lionfish,

My husband and I tried to conceive for 6 1/2 years trying many different things including IVF, to no avail. We then came across a naturopath who had a very high success rate with conceiving so decided to give it a go. It took us 6 weeks on the herbs to conceive DS1. When we decided it was time for #2 I went straight on the herbs and it took us 8 weeks to conceive DS2.

DS3 was conceived without any help. He came as quite a pleasant surprise.

Good luck

PuntersWife

I think I mentioned this in another thread - I had irregular periods and had trouble conceiving, the first month on the herbs my naturopath gave me I conceived (due in November).

Something I didn't know also that she taught me - don't have intercourse after day 17 (I think, maybe you should check) of your cycle because the egg starts to degenerate, the quality is not as good and there is a higher chance of miscarrying. Just before ovulation is the best time, at ovulation at latest and then don't do it again for the rest of your cycle.

lionfish

Wow Shezniy what a great success, how great 3 boys!! I too have just gone thru IVF and feel like enough is enough I need to get my body back to normal and get all those drugs outta me. I have been on her herbs, tonics etc for 1 month now and feel SO much better. The first month was my first cycle after IVF so I wasnt expecting anything as my body was still out of whack. Heres hoping it'll work soon. The naturopath seems positive but it is hard to be positive as we feel like we have tryed almost Everything else and of course those times we were hopeful too!!

Harry and Tobys mum - thanks so much for the advice I had heard that somewere a while ago I think but I will certainly try that now that we are back to ala naturale methods! :grin:

Edited by lionfish

Guest Cali27

And your base body temp should be between 36.2 and 36.4. because sperm doesn't survive in higher temps.

(you have to take your temp first thing on waking, before activity)

I go to Sharkeys healingsharkeys

shezniy76

Cali27 - I'm another sharkeys success story :grin:

chookas!

I went with a well-known chinese herbalist for about 6-8 months and she did acupuncture as well, sorry to say it did nothing for me but did eventually succeed with IVF (and aspirin!). My only advice would be not too spend too long doing it, as you would know, time is of the essence with IVF. Hope it works for you though, it's gotta beat IVF :o

lionfish

HI Thanx for the info. I have done chinese herbs and acupuncture alone and in conjunction with IUI and IVF, A naturopath is much different to this though. I have been seeing her for 6 weeks and feel fantastic infact I am back to my regular 28 day cycles in record time after my last IVF cycle. I needed a break from the medication and feel it has been well worth it so far. My hair has stopped falling out and it is actually growing! I am not having dizzy spells, the bloatedness has gone and I have energy and am motivatated along with much more emotionally stable! After 8 months of fertility treatment I feel I am finally getting me back! Heres hoping for a BFP soon! :pray:

Edited by lionfish

reachforthestars

Sharkey's girl here too. I was on the herbs for a year before we tried. You could see with the charting how my cycle went from complete mess to totally normal. Then we got my DD first try! Currently taking the herbs for number two baby :) I can't recommend them highly enough

lionfish

Wow very inspirational stories!! It gives me hope. I must say I am feeling HEAPS better after starting the herbs and that in itself is a blessing after going thru IVF!!! :lol:

tedpos

These herbs that you all speak off, are they a liquid mixture you take orally?

I ask as my Naturopath had me on a horrible herbal mixture and no BFP but my cycles were regular and no break through spotting. Until this cycle off them. :blink:

Bewitchedmummy

Does anyone know any good naturopaths in Melbourne??

These success stories are great!

I tried Chinese Herbs for 3 months with no success and I felt that my cycles changed too much so stopped them. We have been TTC now for 6 months and still nothing. I understand that it is still early days yet but am willing to try anything.

I have just bought the new Blackmores Conceive Well Gold tablets so hoping that they work!

Good Luck to those who are still trying!

:)

moos mum

Hi there,

My naturopath does "Body Talk"... it took us 3 months to conceive... Swear by my naturopath!!! :D

Good Luck!!

Moos mum

lionfish

Hi tedpos I am on tablets and on a liquid and a powder that you mix into water. Not bad tasting but then once you have been thru IVF giving yourself injections etc you tend to get pretty tough!! :grin:

They stories are inspiring!

mumto3princesses

I did ICSI for DD1 and tried ICSI/frozen cycles for ages trying again. Then I decided to do sharkeys via post (I'm in sydney)and have a break. I was on the herbs for a year and went back to ICSI and conceived my twins first try back. So for me the herbs didn't work on their own but I'm sure they helped in conjunction with ICSI.

Sharkey's mail order all the time. At least they used to.