Sign in to follow this  
MrsLittlebear

Bleeding again 2 weeks after c-section

MrsLittlebear

I had a c-section 2 weeks ago. My bleeding stopped within a week, so for a week I had no blood loss. Yesterday I woke up and noticed that I was loosing quite a bit of blood. I wore pads all day and had to change them at least every loo visit and sometimes in between. I ended up going to Emergency at 7.00pm and ended up discharging myself (against their wishes) at 12.30am, while I was STILL waiting for an Ob to come and assess me. I had my mother and my son with me, he was getting restless and it was near impossible to feed him as I had a saline drip in my arm.

I have an apt with my Dr this morning at 9.30, but I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them as well? When my placenta was removed it was noted as being 'ragged' and not intact. I am hoping that the bleeding is not as a result of there still being placental tissue left in my uterus, but I would have thought that I would have had complications earlier if this was the case......

Angela9

I had loss to some extent for about 6 weeks. It seemed to die off during that time, but then returned. I mentioned this to Ob and he thought it may have been AF returning. He was right, despite me BF every two hours! So could be AF, but good thing you are getting it checked out today, as it could be retained placenta like you say... Best of luck. I am sure the doc will have some ideas :)

• Like 1

Julie3Girls

Worth getting checked, but I had bleeding for 4-5 weeks after all my births (2 c/s, one vba2c). It would ease off to almost nothing, then I would overdo things and it would flare up bright red again. So it could be normal.

sef

i had bleeding for almost 6 weeks post my emergency c-section

and then spotting for a few weeks after that

i kept my OB informed along the way...he said it was ok

and, yes, when i overdid things it would flare up and turn bright red on those days :blink:

Ange
It would ease off to almost nothing, then I would overdo things and it would flare up bright red again. So it could be normal.

This is what mine has been like. Nothing for 2 days then really heavy for 2 etc..

desertflower

I have had exactly the same thing- bleeding stopped after a week, then I had heaps of bright red blood on Saturday, and my scar had become more painful. I went back to hospital Sunday morning, and they said I had an infection in my uterus. They said its rare but can happen. I'm on anti-biotics to clear it up. I'd be going back to hospital if I were you and demand to see someone!

crosscountry

This happened too me. I stopped bleeding about 4 days after my c-section, then started bleeding heavily when DS was about 2 weeks old. I spoke with my OB and he said that it was unusual to stop bleeding so soon after the c-section, and not to worry unless it got painful. I kept spotting for about 6 weeks. Hope your doctor has sorted it out for you.

littleman

I think its quite common to stop and start bleeding after a c/sec , i think its your bodies way of adjusting also if you have overdone it a bit may start it up again. i remember stopping bleeding then starting again, all was fine in teh long run.

Angela9

What did the doc say, OP?

**Nic**JaylasMum

I also had this and it was due to an infection I had in my uterus after my c/s. My OB gave me some anti-biotics and the bleeding stopped 2 days later.

Hope you get some answers

Nic

Guest Millipede

I had bleeding for 11 weeks (enough to require a pad every day :rant: ). Eventually I had a course of antibiotics and that cleared it up. While my placenta was intact at delivery I had to have sutures put in my uterine wall at the placenta site (too much bleeding) so it was assumed that the sutures were causing irritation/low grade infection.

I would visit GP/Ob- not ASAP but not dither either IYKWIM.

PS how is the mountain buggy going :tongue:

elle76

HI I had the same my bub now 6 weeks. Dont want to alarm you cause most times it can be normal definately get it checked though. I had little no bleeding for 3 weeks after and suddenly had a huge bleed ended up in hospital on iv antibiotica this happemed 3 times always being discharged over 2 weeks then i had another very large bleed ended up in theatre with a curette....even though the placenta came out intact there was "membrane left behind and causing lots of blood loss. I ended up have to a have a transfusion because i lost so much blood. Please be careful and push the fact yu dont feel right..lucky i did ;)

take care please let us know how you go.

elle

unitedus

okay this is what happened to me.. 2 weeks after having my daughter c/s i had a MASSIVE bleed..i didnt ever stop bleeding but it was very light after i gave birth to her...i was actually sitting on our leather cough and it had felt like i had just wet myself and i got up and went to the loo and i had blood all the way down to my knees, all over the leather couch...dp freaked out and called 000.. i felt very cold and was shaking with fright...in the hospital they kept me over night and said it was nothign to worry about and they did a ultrasound to see if some placenta was still left inside but nothing.. they just said apparently it could have been from me doing way to much after having her...

so now i am soooooooo scared!! the doctors said they can give me something in the iv after i have my son so this should stop if i have a hemorage again " thats what they called it at start a post-hemorage" :cry:

i am having nightmares about this and i am only 17 weeks pregnant and fear for this to happen again as it really messed me up with having post natel depression as well and then not being able to breast feed my daughter and doctors made me stop :cry::cry:

i so hope that things with my son will be different..i am so scared i will bleed again!!!

i was still bleeding 3 months after i gave birth to her and they put me on primulot..it did help a bit!