julie1jet

Waiting for our BFP #1

julie1jet

Hi everyone :)

I've been in touch with the mod of this section to see if we could start a buddy group of sorts in our older section for all of us TTC.

I have found that in the TTC main stream section it is hard to keep up, and sometimes the thread can get lost in all of the many other buddy groups, so I thought a buddy group in this section would be nice.

Anyway, Jahbee gave me the go ahead so I hope you all feel comfortable to come here for support and a chat whilst TTC.

A little bit about me. I'm waiting for my BFP. AF is due on the 3/4 of July so I'm hoping she doesnt show up and a BFP does instead. I'm doing my best not to test, but I must admit it is really hard not to.

I had a missed M/C late october 06 and we have been TTC again since Jan 07, when I had the all clear for my many blood tests, but we have had no luck, so far.

This month I bought some OPKs and some pre seed so I hope it has made a difference. :pray:

I try not to focus on it all too much, but I'm a little obsessed with TTC. :wacko: I must admit I think I have had every pregnancy symptom that has ever been talked about over the past six months, so I dont know whether to pay any attention to them at all. LOL

Anyway, will BBL.

Julie

CascadeLily

Well we just started last week TTC #2, so I guess I should join this BG!

I found the TTC buddy groups a bit too 'full-on', as I'm not a charter (yet) and am really trying not to get too obsessed about it :) Although as I wait for AF, I reckon I can feel 'things going on down there' :lol::lol:

julie1jet

Hi

Lilywashere - I agree with you I find the mainstream TTC buddy groups a little full on as well and they are hard to keep up with at times.

Im trying not to be obsessed as well but it is hard...

I did have a moment of weakness today though and I tested of course a BFN but I still have a few days to go before AF is due so it is early days. :unsure:

I've had some aches similar to AF I just hope a BFP turns up and not AF.

Julie

Edited by julie1jet

CascadeLily

Well Julie we can think positive thoughts together!

I am holding off buying a test for another week, as I know I won't be able to hold out.

Do you get a lot of people asking if you're TTC? I can't believe how many people just come out with it! I am going to be hopeless when I do finally get a BFP, as I won't be able to answer with a straight face, and I really don't want people at work or IRL knowing I'm PG in the early weeks. But I just know I will be smirking :D

Let's hope they're PG aches, not AF aches!! :pray:

surts

Hi,

I'm Chris and am pretty new to this site and to TTC. This is my 3rd cycle and my first real try and it's really driving me nuts. I tested twice yesterday within the space of 1 hour!!! It's just sillyness.

This morning I was looking for any excuse to blow someone up which is really not like me. I'm behaving like a complete cow.

Thanks for setting this up Julie.

What does "OPKs and some pre seed " mean?

I can completely relate to what you say about symptoms. I've had morning sickeness, sore breasts, cramps - you name it, but I think it's all just in my head. I'm even doing crazy things like trying to lie to myself about when my period is due. I know it's due on Sunday because I have a 30 day cycle, but I'm trying to pretend that I have a 28 day cycle so I can test earlier.

I don't want to give you the wrong impression - I'm not this mad usually - honest!! :wacko:

So if you are due on the 4/5 of July why wouldn't you test? I thought the tests were really accurate? Mine says that you can test 5 to 7 days before your period is due.

My thoughts are really with you and everyone else out there that is TTC and going a little batty.

Chris

doubledelight

Hi I'm not TTC but I just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best and fingers crossed for BFP.

julie1jet

Hi

Surts - Glad you joined in, Chris did you get my reply PM it would of been under the messenger section on the left of your screen.

To answer your question. Pre-seed is a sperm friendly lube and it is meant to assist with making a better enviroment for the spermies IYKWIM :grin: . OPKs are ovulation predictor kits and they are to help work out when you ovulate.

I can relate with your moods atm, I just think we are hormonal. The pregnancy tests that I bought were from Lullaby Conceptions on the net, plus I have a confirm test in the cupboard (I'm saving that one for a little later). The ones that I have been using are meant to show up a result on the day of AF or the day after AF is to arrive. Last time, I had a BFP two days after AF was due and I started testing with confirm and some others about a week before. Your tests must be more sensitive.

Doubledelight - Thanks for your well wishes....I hope we all get lots of BFP's very soon. Hopefully this group will bring us lots of Baby Dust. :D:pray:

Lilywashere - Good thinking with holding out for the preg tests thats "what" I normally try to do! Yes I do get a lot of people asking questions, but mine are a little different, since the M/C I keep getting asked if we have any news, anything to report, any changes...and I feel like screaming at them. I have actually done my best to avoid the people that have been asking questions as I find it puts pressure on you and it stresses me out when they continually ask. I also hate how they tell you ohh it will happen when it is meant to, stop trying and you will fall straight away, etc etc.

Its different here in EB land, as we can all relate and understand what each other is going through.

Anyway, Ive babbled enough will pop back in later.

Baby dust to all...

Julie

CascadeLily

Welcome Chris :)

Yeah, I'm still experiencing/imagining 'symptoms' today. Dying to test but know that there's no real point until the weekend - testing now is not going to make me any 'more' pregnant even if I am!! :lol::lol:

I was really grumpy today though! I am apparently not too good at waiting :laugh:

I keep telling myself to calm down!

Well I hadn't heard of pre-seed before! Things you learn on EB :)

Thanks Double Delight for the best wishes!!

Love the 'baby dust' to us all :)

Ditto!

CascadeLily

I'm so silly. I caved in and went and got a PG test today.

:BFN:

:(:(

And there I was 'sure' I was PG! Ah well...next time! Just have to do more practising I guess :)

julie1jet

Hi

Lilywashere-Dont give yourself a hard time about testing, just about everyone caves in and tests.

I dont have any offical news just yet, but let me say things are looking good. I have tested but nothing is conclusive. :pray:

I will report back again tomorrow and let you all know.

How is everyone else going :) ?

Be back later to see if there is any news. Sorry about being cryptic but I just need to be sure.

Julie

CascadeLily

Hey Julie -- oooooh that sounds potentially exciting! :pray::pray: Good luck!

Found out today there's some kind of tummy bug going around at work, which includes, bloating, extra wind, tummy pain, pushings and pullings! So I have a bug not a baby inside :)

There's always next month!

Lizzicat
:pray::bluestork: Hope you've some good news to share with us soon :D

Bloomer

Julie doesn't matter how feint.. but I understand the waiting to be sure completely...Hope it is good news.

surts

Hi Lilywashere. On Tuesday I tested 5 times. No that was not a typo. FIVE TIMES. My name is Chris and I'm a testaholic.

I hope that makes you feel somewhat better and it's not too late is it?

I've got a faint line that is getting stronger each day of testing.

Trying not to think of all the reasons and bad things I've done that will cause it not to stick.

I thought I would feel relief after seeing the two lines, but it's just onto another milestone - a different kind of 2 lines.

I wish everyone on here every success.

I just can't believe it really.

julie1jet

Hi everyone

I'm back so I'm quietly confident, and happy to say that we are finally pregnant. I'm four weeks today. :D

We are both excited, but DH is afraid to get his hopes up as he is concerned that things might go wrong again, but I'm feeling good, have different symptoms and none of the leg aches that I had last time.

So here is my picture what do you all think???

IMGP1801.jpg

I wanted to wait until the line was dark enough that you didnt have to squint to see it.

This one better have good sticking power. :pray:

So come on Chris (Surts) where is your pic??

All we need now is for the rest of the group to get BFPs.

Be back later,

Julie

Bluemist

WOOOO WOOOO CONGRATULATIONS JULIE ( well I *had* to be the first didnt I? :grin: )

and WOOO HOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS SURTS

EXCITING NEWS FOR SURE GIRLS.

Bloomer

I really hope they all stick guys.. that is wonderful news!

CascadeLily

Oh wow!!! How exciting! Two :BFP: in one day!!!

Julie congratulations to you and DH - sending lots of sticky vibes!!

Chris, a line is a line is a line!! Congratulations. And :lol::lol::lol: at testing five times in one day!!!! To be sure, to be sure :D

Well done ladies. I am very excited for you both!

doubledelight

A huge congratulations ladies. Sending lots of sticky vibes your way. Fingers crossed for our other TTCers

surts

Thanks everyone.

I'll take a photo tomorrow morning and post. I still test every day because I really can't believe it yet.

Aside from slight sore breasts the only realy sign is that I'm being a complete and utter COW to my colleagues and partner. :rant: I'm seriously short tempered which is not like me at all.

How is everyone else going? Maybe it's not a bug at work Lilywashere - maybe everyone is pregnant :)

CascadeLily

Chris, I did buy another test today, as I still feel blergh! LOL I bet it's all in my imagination, but you just never know.

I think you can stop testing now!! :BFP:

Enjoy, and now you know why you're crabby!

Cheers, Lily

:):):)

frazzled

Not TTC, but stalking the oldies who are as I had my last at 43 and love to have some company! Fantastic news for those lovely lines[i get goosebumps looking at the pics of positives] and the very best of luck to everyone else still waiting.....

lynnybee

Hi guys,

Is there anyone still in here TTCing?? Noticed a couple of success stories so thought I'd pop in and roll around in that baby dust!!!! Some of it should rub off dont you think? :D

I've vowed that I'm not testing this month until I'm officially late. Can't afford to POAS anymore!

Anyway, good luck to all still TTC. And BIG congrats to those that have had success!!

Cheers.

CascadeLily

Yeah Lynny we're TTC. I have no idea what's going on with my cycle. It's usually a rock-solid 4 week turnaround, but it's all mucked up this month. I thought I might be PG, but have tested twice and BFN. But I am enjoying the practising. Of course that is now all on hold due to me having a rotten cold. :sick:

Next month!

mystic gal

Hi Ladies

My name is Annette and i have 2 gorgeous kids am waiting for a :BFP: am 9 days late and still getting :BFN: i don't chart and we were trying but not iykwim

i did post about it in the TTC section but noticed lots chart and felt out of place..

Congrats on those who got their :BFP: