Sign in to follow this  
MyLilRockStars

anti colic teats / bottles?

MyLilRockStars

Hi Im just after opinions on anti colic teats and bottles. Has anyone used them and if so how effective were they? Its been suggested that I try them as I have an extremely unsettled 5 wk old who is full of wind and who also slurps his bottles. I can actually hear all the extra air going in when he feeds.I am currently using NUK teats and the slowest ones they make.

I am also suspecting he has a senisitive /immature gut and was thinking of changing him to an AR formula which may be more gentle on his gut??? He doesnt bring up his feeds so I dont think its reflux or an intolerance to his current formula (he is currently on Nan HA Gold - which is suposed to be easy to digest for sensitive tums!??) but I can just see that he gets tummy pains - pulls his legs up, cries inconsolably - typical colic symptoms I guess. Anyway was thinking of trying a new formula. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa

Edited by hotchocolate

LottieCait

DD had colic around that age. We used Avent bottles which are supposed to have anti-colic teats.

Before you change his formula I would suggest some Infacol drops in his bottles. This was the only thing that worked with DD. After we started using it her wind came up really well. We took her off it around 16 weeks.

HTH

Mel

linnyg

Hi

I have used Avent bottles for my little one and I have had no problems with them, they are really good. I wouldn't recommend changing formula's just yet, that can get really messy especially if they start getting different symptoms with another formula, then you have to change again and it becomes a vicious cycle. I also used infacol drops in with the feeds and that seems to help his wind to come up. Also Nan HA gold is a hypoallengic formula so an AR formula really wont do much for him if he isn't bringing milk up. Another thing that I was told to do when feeding is to hold your little finger under the babies chin, this helps them not to open up so much to grab air when drinking, apparently it is suppose to help with colic. As you can see, I tried everything with mine. It does pass by 12 weeks old. Hope that helps

sampaul

another one here who has switched from Avent (which I used exclusively with my DS) to Dr Brown's. I too notice she takes longer to feed and no slurping. Try www.thekidsstore.com.au to purchase the bottles or maybe a chemist/pharmacy in your area. I only got them online as I live in the country and only have Avent available to us.

nelly86

My DD had really bad colic and we swiched to Avent and haven't had any major problems.

Goodluck

*hello*

Another user of Dr Browns and tommee tippee anti-colic bottles. I found them both great and help DD with her colic issues