Nut

Moving to Canberra

koalas

Can I trash this thread. There's a good possiblilty DH and I (plus kids obviously) will be moving to Canberra next year.

Eek. I feel scared at the thought of what would have to be organised.

Can you tell me nice suburbs to live in and also what age is school starting age? I'm a teacher, what are job prospects like for me?

Thanks

Deb

L712

Deb I have PM'ed you :)

FeralRebelWClaws

Hi Deb, I am new to Eb and just moved to Canberra this Jan from Sydney.

I am also a teacher and found it pretty easy to get a job (I am a high school Maths teacher), but the close for applications was in June/July from memory! I got a great job teaching in a fabulous College down here.

What do you teach?

Tara :D

Can I trash this thread. There's a good possiblilty DH and I (plus kids obviously) will be moving to Canberra next year.

Eek. I feel scared at the thought of what would have to be organised.

Can you tell me nice suburbs to live in and also what age is school starting age? I'm a teacher, what are job prospects like for me?

Thanks

Deb

babymama14

hi there.. My hubby, son (and unborn of course) will be moving to Canberra july next year and I will not know anybody there except my mother in law so if anyone over there is reading this and wanting to make a new friend, im all ears..lol

Im 35, have a 9 yr old son with Asperger's and adhd (on meds) and have a 40 yr old hubby ( this will be his first child)

dev151pp___.png

Edited by babymama14

Timber Angel

:cry: Sorry to start on a crying note, hehe. I am a single mom to a 1 yr old DD, and I have ADD (or rather make that no time at all to scroll thru all pages), and I am most probably moving to Canberra. Thank you to the person who started this thread. My story is simple, lived in Qld (all my time in Oz), I immigrated 9 yrs ago, currently live in Brissy. No family here in Oz, Ex is a bum dad (sorry) so I'm moving to the big C (Hopefully soon). I need to know where to live and where can i get day care?

Single FT working mom so will need that desperately.

Any advice would be great. Also have no friends in the Big C. :sleep: