Chelli

Non-vaccinated Kids Discussion #3

Chelli

Hi everyone :)

Here's a link to your previous discussion http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....pic=299612&st=0

Please note: This thread is a supportive thread for people choosing not to vaccinate. There are many other areas of EB for people with opposing opinions to discuss them, so I would ask that this thread stays a supportive one. If you have any issues about this, please PM me.

Regards,

Chelli

~Sorceress~

GOLD!!!

But nothing new to contribute to the discussion, sorry! :lol:

daffodil27

SILVER

ditto nothing to contribute, just popping in to the new thread!

Some interesting discussions on vaccinations going on recently around the boards :wacko::unsure::o:ph34r:

Edited by daffodil27

*newmum*

Hi there,

I don't vacinate my DD anymore (she had up til 12months but not meningococcal c) and my 5 week old DS won't be vacinated either. I have read through this thread and found the info really helpful to boost my confidence that we are doing the right thing.

I am quite afraid of the potential confrontation at the kindy where DD will start next year. She goes to childcare at the moment but they don't mind and I don't even have a conscientious objection form signed yet. Is this because she has had most of them perhaps.

Are there any online articles that anyone can recommend to me to read that discuss immunisations? I am loathe to read whole books (already read one) but find articles more manageable. Also, does anyone know of a supportive GP at northside of brisbane who I could go to to have my forms signed?

Thanks,

~Sorceress~

Hi Newmum,

I've found the best defence is offence. IME if you take it for granted that not-vaccinating your child is commonplace most people won't question it - but as soon as they do, talk their hind legs off!!! Talk to them about vaccine complications, the immune system, auto-immune disorders in your family that might be linked to vaccines, atypical reactions in vaccinated children - then point out that your unvaccinated child should be no danger to the vaccinated children, but you'd like to be informed when children are vaccinated using live vaccines just in case you need to protect your child.

jaydmatt

hi i have just put a posting up for a vacc talk on the sunshine coast 24/08/2007- the best website is www.avn.org.au for the person who was asking about books

jayd

jen-mac

Hello Ladies

Well I'm only just pg (7wk scan next wk to tell us if pg is viable) & I am slowly trying to educate my DP on the woes of vaccinations. He is a straight down the line 'everyone should be vaccinated' type of person, so I know I have an uphill battle on my hands - but, hey, I'm an Aries :D

I have the Leiden Factor V blood disorder so I have won the battle of not having the Vit K injection at birth. I think I have also won the HepB battle - babies are not sexually active or drug users & I'm not a HepB carrier. If they want it later in life then that's their decision.

The MMR vaccine combo is ultra scary. I think as a child I only had the rubella vaccination & kids just got the mumps & measles as part of growing up.

What other vaccinations are on the schedule? Whooping cough, Pneumococcal and Influenza, .....??

Is anyone else in r'ship where their partner is like mine & if so, how did you educate them? - he's such a fact sort guy & needs scientific proof not just the associated, gut feeling link. Saying no to or questioning vaccinations is like trying to tell him his God does not exist.

TIA

P.S I used to work for a chiropractor & I have 2 good friends who are chiros :D They educate me but I'm the one who has to get through my brick wall :wacko:

~kylie~

He can't argue with statistics. You need the book "Just a little prick" By Hilary Butler. Full of very interesting researched information.

melapril

Hi jen-mac! my hubby was very pro vaccination as well, he comes from 2 doctor parents and is very much into following "normal" medical procedures. myself- i question everything, and prefer to see if theres a natural alternative.

we had a doula for the birth of our son who was very anti vaccination and we spoke to her alot about it and she gave us things to read. i think i wouldve had a much harder fight on my hands without her help convincing my hubby not to vaccinate.

even so, we've had some huge arguements about it and i dont think we will ever agree on it. i bascially put my foot down and refused to have our son vaccinated when he was so tiny. my hubby agreed to delay it until he was bigger and when he reached 12 months the subject came up again. more arguements later, and im still keeping strong and will not give in. my son is almost 2 now and the subject hasnt come up again for a long time (and im not going to be the one who brings it up!)

everyone has to make up their own mind. i dont regret my decision, it hasnt always been an easy road, ive had to put up with rude medical people lecturing me about it and all sorts of pressure to just go along with it. my son is the only one in his group of mates whos isnt vaccinated, and they all seem to catch every bug going, while my boy has a great immune system and hardly ever gets sick.

if its something you really feel strongely about, stick with it and dont give in! good luck!

mel

jen-mac

Thanks ~kylie~ for your suggestion re the book - I'll look out for it the next time I'm in town.

Wow, I can imagine the heated debates in your household melapril - they'd rank up with ours :lol: But you are right, you've just got to put your message across & let them go to their cave & have a think about it. Thanks for sharing your story.

Edited by jen-mac

mumofaine

Hi newmum,

Regarding your worry over confrontations, when people have tried to have a go at me in the past about not vaccinating my DD, I would passionately let them know that the homeopathic vaccination I choose to use are proven to be just as effective as traditional vaccines and have no heavy metals or formaldehyde (which I use to kill and preserve human and animal cells/tissues in my laboratory work) or other harmful additives. However, most pro-vacciners I've encountered are as passionate about their decision to vaccinate as I am not to. Also I've found people generally would rather continue harming their children than to be 'proven' wrong. After a few colourful encounters I have decided that the easiest thing to do is let people know that you respect their choice, and that you hope they will respect yours.

*newmum*

Thanks for your replies, I haven't had a second to think on it again as my DS has had feeding problems which has kept me busy working that out! I am going to go to the seminar on the sunshine coast and hopefully learn a lot to arm myself with and feel more confident. Do I need to worry about lodging a conscientious objection form now or can I wait until later on??

RainDancer

You need to lodge a conscientious objection form before your DS turns 18 months. We had a letter sent to us from Medicare when our DS was 12 months to question our lack of a vaccination record. It suggested that if we weren't vaccinating, we should lodge the form.

MelDV

Hi everyone,

Can't believe I never knew about this group - another non-vaxer here - I have felt so alone on this subject.

I had never really thought about vaxing or not until discussing it in homeopathy classes at college (I'm a naturopathy student), I went on to have isaac golden for a semester - he is currently working on his phd into homeoprophylaxis which he has established kits available by post. All the reading and research I have done have made me confident in my decision but it took some convincing DH to agree. At present we have DD 26 months and DS nearly 4 months, they have both had their Vit K shots only - DD as she was a emergency CS and I was too out of it to object and DS as I was advised that bruising at birth and CS are a reason to do it.

We are using the homeopathics and are very happy with them. No major illnesses at all, although DD has a chesty, mucusy constitution - the way I view it is that it could have been much worse with vaxing. I am still unsure of what we will do in the future, we plan to travel in 2 years and may consider selective vaxing - ie polio but will do much more research before making a decision.

So far have had no probs with childcare at all regarding non vaxing and my GP just tells me that I'm intelligent enough to do my own research and follow my instincts.

Mel

daffodil27

welcome MelDV!

How exactly does homopathic vaccines work? Do you have any info?

Some may think I am stupid but I live in Malaysia and both my kids are not vaccinated inlcuding vit K and hep B at birth. But I am confident in my decision.

cheers

daffodil27

so whats in the kit and how do you use it?

MelDV

The kit contains pillules (little sugar pills coated in the remedies) for most of the currently vaxed illnesses (but not MMR or chicken pox). The theory behind it is similar to that of vaxing itself but the remedies are safe and natural and cause no side effects. Each month the baby takes a remedy, all are covered in the first year of life and then they continue every few months thereafter. The kit comes with precise instructions.

To go into it any further would necessitate an explanation of how homeopathy works and I don't have the headspace for that at the moment. Sorry.

Hope that helps

Mel

Edited by MelDV

RainDancer

Guest tash83
You need to lodge a conscientious objection form before your DS turns 18 months.

Hi, I was wondering when I should do it, I had been thinking after 18mths because of the immunisation payment. DS had up to, including the 6mth vax so we're just showing up as late for the 12mth ones. So I should do it now? Will I automatically get the payment sometime after 18mths? Also can I get it signed at the vax clinic or should I go to a GP? What should I expect when I go, do they have to sign it?

Edited by tash83

blissfulqueenb

Has anyone else here got the book "Well Adjusted Babies" and noticed how badly written it is? The information contained is great, but I am getting absolutely irritated by all the spelling errors, typos and grammatical errors. It has not been proof read at all! In just two adjacent pages, I found 7 obvious errors.

~Sorceress~

Yes - I really liked the book, but also found some of the referencing insufficient :8 .

antipode

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to say that i am very excited to see so many people are against vaccinations! So am I! Read some info, and it was enough to make my mind! My DS is 6 months, has never been vaccinated, and will never be.

miss-monnie

Hi everybody, im new to EB and am delighted to see a thread that is for the non-vaxers only to discuss our decision without all the arguments. Love it.

Im a non-vaxer and im anti vax so my DD is now 15mnths and has never been vaccinated and never will be and neither will any of my future children.

You know what scares me sooo much,is my daughter growing up and having to try to choose a mate from all these vaccinated children whom some are severly effected in the heads by them. That really really scares me :unsure:

The rate of ADHD is unbelievable and all these problems that children have today which was barely heard of years ago. And yet the connection isnt being made by most of the population. I think most people personally are too scrared to question the government and their motives so therefore they follow the herd and keep quiet. I feel so fortunate and lucky to have grown up in a family that questiones vaccinations and began to investigate and teach me by the time i had children otherwise i shudder at what may have happened to my daughter if she had been vaccinated.

Its so hard to sit around my friends and listen to them discuss how their children r booked in 4 their shots and how they get reactions to the vaxes and they laugh them off like it is natural.So un-natural IMO.

Then they talk about how their child is soo sick at the moment with this and that and he just had immunisations so i dont know how he could of contracted the CP.

:rolleyes: They just dont make the conection and it saddens me for their poor children going thru all these reactions to the vaxes and the medical proffesion lying to the parents saying that the vaxes have nothing to do with it or that it is normal.

Sorry for the long post but i really needed to get that off my chest. :)

~Sorceress~

Welcome, Miss Monnie :) .

Then they talk about how their child is soo sick at the moment with this and that and he just had immunisations so i dont know how he could of contracted the CP.

I am so incredibly blessed with healthy children, but as I'm not as careful with their diet as I think I should be and we don't have a particularly healthy lifestyle, I have to put their good health down to regular chiropractic and no immunisations! :blush:

I do wince when I hear about my friends' children getting sick on such a regular basis - I just try not to point out that between 4 children with a combined age of 35 years we've used 4 doses of antibiotics (including prophylactic antibiotics post-op for a cleft-lip repair)!