MeLFunKTioN

SILVER

SimplySweet

Bronze

mel83

Rusty metal again :o

*its*only*me

HI everyone

Wow Ali, gold, have you had one since you went back to work?

Hi Mel, how are you?

Meliss, how are you feeling?

Syl, where are you?

gonna go back and read the posts I missed......

C

~~Determined~~

Cathy - yep, maybe I should just get a cheap double... then I can have 3 prams!! woo hoo!

Mikyart3 - still 6 days for Meliss! LOL!!

Carol - yeah I reckon you are right, it has been AGES!!!!!

MeLFunKTioN

Minkyart ??!? who are you ?! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

*its*only*me

HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY CHRIS!

A little late in the evening but before midnight!!! So it's still today!!

CONGRATULATIONS SYL!

Wow! Your first teenager! Chris is such a lovely boy young man that I am sure it will be smooth sailing.

You have been getting more headaches than usual lately, or am I wrong?

Mel, can't wait to see the pic of the new hot bod in the dress!

Karen, love the new sig.

Korrine, haven't seen you in here for ages, hope u are ok. Will try to call.

Danni, unfortunately those bully kids are everywhere.....

Better go, DH is laying here next to me naked trying to get me interested .... :blush:

K~and~A~plus~7

UGH...every morning my darling son has been waking up at 3am :rant: 2 days ago he woke up yelling at me for toast, yesterday he yelled for dinner and this morning it was for a drink!! OMG this child is driving me batty!!! :wacko:

Alison, if Will is a runner i would definitely be looking at a tandem. We wont be getting one for when this baby arrives. Jack will be right around the 2 year old mark and will probably be walking. Amelia was walking all the time when Jack was born and that was just shy of her second birthday. We did have a tandem for when Emily arrived, then for Lauren and then for Amelia.

Happy belated birthday Chris.

Edited by JackandGirls

Purple_Gecko

Chris was really happy to read all the happy birthday notes...thank you so much for posting them.

He had a really great day. He spent the day with me at school. I thought he would be bored but he really enjoyed it.

Carol

I had a headache last night. We had KFC for dinner as it was Chris's choice and then we sat and watched TV. we went to bed at 10pm. I have woken up still witha headache. I hate that so much.

Kristy

Sorry i wasnt around to chat last night.

jacybelle

Morning,

I have to buy 3 christening gifts today, any ideas??? There are twins (boy,girl) and another girl being christened at the same time. I have no idea.

Well last night the inlaws said bye to the girls and within 10mins J was bawling, poor kid. They are coming back this morning again to see her and then they head back to qld. They never seem to spend much time with them.

Syl - Hope your headache disappears.

Karen - Urgh on the 3am.

Carol - Sounds like you had a fun night :tongue:

Ali - On the pram front, we have a jogger and I will just use the baby carrier for a while, if Belle is needing the pram. She will be 2 and 2 months when this bub comes, so should be okay. Good Luck.

Annabel05

Morning all,

Think we are all on the mend now, just a few runny noses.

Great netball game yesterday, and yes Caroline had me in stiches!! I am still giggling about it now. It was the "oh no, my boob!" that killed me. :lol::lol:

Fiona sorry you got mixed reactions fromt the family

Ali sorry can't help with the pram thing as Chloe was that bit older and walking everywhere. At the begining if Chloe did get tired, I uesd to always have my baby carrier with me too, so would pop the baby in there and put Chloe in the pram.

Syl A belated happy birthday to Chris. Now the fun really starts, having a teenager?!!

Tam great belly pics!!!

Carol Hello

Nat/Kylie/Deb 22nd sounds ok, but will have to play it by ear as I will have both girls and Chloe is a little bit painful at the moment.

Caroline Oh I wished you had taken a pic!! Should have gone into coles, see if anyone noticed!!

Mel Size 14 is great!! Wish you had taken a pic to show us!!!

Meliss I had it all the time too. Chloe was early so everyone told me Imogen would be early. so i was ready a month before!! So sick of people asking etc etc, and like you I wasn't overdue at that point, but it was always haven't you had that baby yet?!!! :rant::rant: Ended up nearly a week over so was complete nightmare to live with for those last few days!

Kylie Maddy all better now?

Ummm can't think, big hello to everyone else.

Chloe swimming lesson this morning, and thats about all I have planned. Might pop in on my sister on the way to swimming.

Have a lovely friday everyone. Oh yes, one otehr thing, I got a mothers day pressie from Chloe at Preschool, a little mug with some sweets in, and a little heart shaped card. So cute!!

Annabeh

~Danni~

Morning :)

Alison~ I have a steelcraft 3 wheeler which can take a toddler seat attatchment. Does your mountain Buggy take a todder seat?

Carol~ Yeah I know there are bully kids everywhere and Im sure she'll encounter more at kinder but because she is my first and she has a disability I guess Im a bit more protective of Paige :blush: A few people have asked me if I want to put her in child care for a day but Im too frightened. I have thoughts of her being left on her own, even though they have to provide an aide for her but I dunno, I think I need to let go a little IYKWIM? :blush:

Karen~ Oh poor you! 3am is just such an ungodly hour, sorry but I was chuckling at this comment

2 days ago he woke up yelling at me for toast, yesterday he yelled for dinner and this morning it was for a drink!! OMG this child is driving me batty!!!
He wants room service :rofl:

Sorry cant remember what else was said, BBL

jacybelle

Danni - J has a friend at preschool with Down Syndrome and they are so very good with her.They have communication books, never have I ever seen her left alone. She interacts so well with all the kids and J is always telling me what happened at school and "Georgie Rose" always gets mentioned. Not sure how day care would go as Ive never had the girls in day care only preschool. But I am sure you will know her best option at the time. :)

mel83

Danni- As a child care assistant I can tell you she will never get left alone!!! As you said she is entitled to an aide (I know this cause Lachlan has one). They do cater for kids with a disability also. At our centre we have only got 2 with the Global developmental delay, both with autistic tendencies. One is 3 1/2 and the other one is Lachlan. They both get a carer for 20 hours a week at the centre. Anyway it is hard to let go and I think the only reason Lachlan is in daycare is because I am in the same centre lol.

zia

I just saved $50 per month on my health insurance :excite::excite::excite:

I was watching tv the other night and saw an ad about changes to health insurance, so I went online to the site they talked about in the ad (it's like a site for all of the insurers or something?) chatted with a chick online who then rang me with more info, and now I have different cover that's heaps more suitable and is cheaper! (wow I sound like an ad :happy::lol: ) I'm extremely happy with $50 a month, especially cos I wasn't using half the stuff on my other policy :D

Really better go and do a few things around the house, sorry for the me post, just had to share my excitement :grin: Will bbl for personals

Annabel05

Hello again,

I have just had a call from Korrine, she wanted to let me know that she had just picked up her twinkletoes.

She also wanted to let you all know that both her boys are in hospital!! Jesse stopped breathing on Wednesday night, they have one of those SIDS monitors and the alarm went off, so they ran in there and picked up, he did start breathing but he was blue, so they called an Ambulance. He is fine now and they have kept him for observations, they are not sure why he stopped, could be the reflux, just not sure.

Bailey is in hospital for his eye, he is on a drip to try and get rid of the infection. The dodtors said no point in sending him home until the eye clears up.He went in yesterday.

Korrine is seeing the speciliast at 11am and hopefully will be able to bring both her boys home.

She also said she is sorry she hasn't been in touch with anyone, been a bit stressful and full on the last couple of weeks anyway, but that they are ok now, Jesse is loving all the attention from the nurses!

SimplySweet

Nothing wrong with childcare, really it's bagged so much. But it's great for the kids.

Danni, it's hard to let go when it's your first. All kids are picked on at some point and it never stops. B is bullied, J gets bullied, T cops some too, A gets pushed over everymorning but her little friend Chloe. She will give it back. It's part of it.Alyssa walks in and frowns at her now. Soon Alyssa will just wack her one or shove her back and good on her. I have the philosophy that if you can give it be prepared to take it back. Doesn't matter whether it's at a childcare centre, a kindy, school or even at the local park. She will no doubt cop more having a noticable disability (there are heartless sh*ts out there) so you need to be strong now, and teach her to be strong. No point hiding from the world. That will achieve nothing.

Kim, That's a good saving. I need to ring up and cancel my house monitoring today, Save me $50 per month, just can't afford everything anymore and something has to give.

Annabel, Glad to hear you are feeling better now.

Amanda, No idea sorry. Have only even been to two christenings, can't remember what we bought as that was ages ago.

Syl, I never expected you to be around as it was your son's birthday :) . I haven't been around as much lately anyhow. I have been spending some great time with my man. Last weekend gave us a little shove and we have bought some spark back into our relationship (ok lots of spark :tongue: ) so have been spending my time with him. We were really putting ourselves last and we were doing everything else now we are putting ourselves first and the other stuff around us. If that makes sense

Carol Hello, hehehe at DH, did he win :lol:

ALison, Yes who the hell is mikyart3?? :D Yay on gold

Karen, 3am would suck :blink: . No way would I get up. I would ignore her until she went back to sleep :lol:

I am home today, going to do some chores and do some ironing whilst I watch some of the shows I've taped this week.

About to ring the hairdressers and see if I can get the boys in after school

BBL

Annabel, Please pass on our love to Korrine, omg at Jesse :o . Im so glad he is ok. How scary. I hope the boys are home again soon, how stressful for her.

Edited by SimplySweet

zia

Just passing by to say that I am thinking of you Korrine. Sending lots of love to Bailey & Jesse :hugs:

Kristy - You can get grade 1 monitoring as cheap as $28.60/m, and I can highly recommend the security company I use :rofl: I love the fact that if there is a fire that it sends a call through, if I wasn't home, I'd hate to think I'd be relying on neighbours to smell smoke or whatever....

Argh, the kids are undoing all the picking up I just did... Keeping my house tidy is a constant battle :glare:

Edited by lovz

SimplySweet

I know there are ones a bit cheaper Kim (we are currently with ADT) but with B's fortnightly fees, mortgage, so many insurances,bills, fuel costs and the rest we have that much money going out. We just can't do it anymore. So it's going to go for now

I guess we have to take the risk. We have insurance at least

Edited by SimplySweet

~Danni~

Annabel~Thankyou for updating us about Korrine, OMG poor Jesse :( Please send her my love :wub:

Mel~ That is an advantage that you work at the childcare centre where Lachlan goes, I guess Im going to consider it when Jelly Bub is born, I really want her to mix with the other kids and one of the mums in the DS support thread said that it helped her DD learn more and now she does great at kinder.

Kristy~ LOL at Alyssa frowning at the other girl :lol: Paige is toughening up a bit, she steals other kids food from them :lol: Now I just gotta teach her how to pinch back the toys that the other kids pinch off her. I have to let go I know but Im a big sook (you should know that by now :blush::tongue: ) I have seen Paige pull other kids' hair at playgroup though, at least she is getting her own back where that is concerned :tongue:

Amanda~ Thanks for sharing your story, :wub:

Kim~ We used to have a monitored alarm system in our previous house after we got broken into while WE WERE UPSTAIRS SLEEPING :fear: From that day on I was too scared to sleep upstairs and even though we had the alarm on down stairs during the night, Id still have the telly and a lamp on during the night! :blush:

Mouth

Kristy - we have monthly monitoring but that's a sensible thing to let go for now, like you said you have insurance which is much more important, and when you're ready you can start it up again. You've obviously got your wits about you. Hey hey hey on the spark!

Kim - I know what you mean about constantly picking up, but lucky Jess and I aren't home all week so it only applies to a few times at Dad's during the week, and at home on weekends! I used THAT website last time for my health insurance change over and it was a good saving for me too. However once I had changed I found out they didn't have access to all providers, especially some of the bigger ones. I'm about to look into it again when I have a chance, but will be researching some of the others along with that site. Well done though, I could certainly use an extra $50 a month!

Korrine - OMG how scary and I'm so glad they are both OK. Bailey's eye has been going on for so long now, I'm glad it's finally going to get sorted out.

Annabel - glad you house is getting better. Is there one of those playcentre type things in Macquarie we could go to as you'll have both girls and Deb will have Charlotte I'm assuming?

Amanda - last christening I went to I got them a nice christening photo frame to put a photo of the day in. Another idea could be signature bears for guests to write on?

Danni - I bet she has a fighting side to her you haven't seen yet! I hear about what Jess does when I'm not around and I'm amazed!

Syl - get those headaches checked out....is it your neck again? Maybe from more sitting in front of the computer or sitting for long periods in the classroom?

Mel - That's great about permanent part time, things certainly seem to be going your way ATM. Good for you, you deserve it!

Carol - hahahaha reminds me of my DH, he tells me he's going to bed early and winks!

Karen that's crazy!

Alison - I can't help you on the pram front! Sorry!

Lucky I took my Dad with me to get Jess' Xray, he had to help me hold her down! She's still really flemmy though, I think I'm going to go to another doc for a second opinion.

Going to lunch BBL

Hi to everyone else

SimplySweet

Pm'd you back Danni

Alyssa is very gentle, she doesnt hurt anyone or steal really. She uses expressions mostly. She is very shy like Thomas but she lets you know fast how she is feeling.

Its more about who you are sometimes. I'm not a gentle person :tongue: , Im pretty straight forward as you have guessed by now :ph34r: . What I say is how it is or how I feel. Im so learning to bit my tongue more. :D

Funny when I went to my first ever EB meet one of the mums (oh that would be Tracey :tongue: ) expected me to look butch. Great hey :blink: , I guess by the way I talked here and with a few boys that was her impression of me :lol: Glad I changed that impression fast :tongue:

Did you hear about our playground on the news over there girls?

It's absolutely shocking :rant:

I'll find a link :rant:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0...5006301,00.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200705/s1920299.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200705/s1920187.htm

We were there last yr on the day the girl was assaulted too :(

Edited by SimplySweet

Bloomer
Great netball game yesterday, and yes Caroline had me in stiches!! I am still giggling about it now. It was the "oh no, my boob!" that killed me.
Caroline I would have been ore worried about the coffee than my boob.

Danni bullying is part of growing up .I see it is how they react to it that is the issue. I feel far more confident Bella will handle it than Grace. She bursts into tears if anyone does anything to her though DC is definitely helping her deal with those issues. She said the other day her teacher told her if some one did something she doesn;t like just find someone else to play with. Apparently Angus pushed her the other day(younger but MUCH bigger than her) apparently he then shared so all was ok. She also knows to go to the teacher. Bella is just going to clobber them.

I just got a reminder that it is Mothers day on sunday durrr!! better put bella to bed

karen 3am is ungodly, bella wakes every night needs a cuddle a drink of water then goes to sleep. Still coughing a little.