Lucky Mama

November 05 Parents #211

Puggle

Greeting from the land of DUH.

Kirsty, I really hope A has a moment of clarity and an injection of perspective sometime soon. Things cannot go on as they have been. Sending you a big hug.

The big trip - can you believe that at 4.30am when I woke Claire in preparation for going to the airport she was covered with a rash?!? :o:unsure::wacko::( She seemed well enough in herself so we decided to proceed as planned - I just dismissed it as that generic 'post viral rash' and hoped like hell we wouldn't infect a whole planeload of people with anything nasty :blush: . Anyway, the rash worsened on the flight and when we landed we made an appointment with the family GP who has pronounced she has 'some kind of virus' :rolleyes: but to be sure he wants us to go back on Thursday. Anyway, she really is so much better than anytime since last Friday that I am convinced my diagnosis is correct. I promise I won't come to your place Sarah unless she has had the all-clear. Nik and Sammy, I amd hoping hoping hoping that Claire didn't share her germs with GG, Indy and Ebz. :(

The flight was pretty good as these things go. I had two spare seats in between me and the next person and at one point Claire was sitting up in a seat watching cartoons on her own TV screen (pity my camera was stuck in a locker half way down the plane). We had a bassinet too, but after the last time I didn't even bother with it. I think Claire recognised my parents (it has only been about 8 weeks since she last saw them) and she has had the best time re-acquainting herself with her toys here and the house etc

Anyway, I am sooooo tired so off to bed

Anne

Zanily

BRONZE

Anne - I hope Claire is okay and the virus clears up quickly. Glad the flight went well :)

Edited by Zanily

thrilled

SILVER :D ( bugger i babbled too much!!!!!!!!cancel the silver)

I forgot to mention that i took Lily for her newborn check today with the GP & she wants us to come back in 4 wks as she thinks Lilys feet are turned in a little & wants to make sure its just a newborn thing & not something else.Now the reason i worry is my DH was born with severe talipes & had mulitple operations & casts etc as a child/teenager & he has several cousins with a mild form.Also at my 20 wk U/S i overheard the sonographers muttering about turned in feet but they assured me it was nothing as did the OB when we discussed the final report.Anyway i told the GP about DH after she said it.Im actually quite sure its not talipes because ive seen her feet when she relaxed & they look ok & its only when shes crying that she draws her legs up that you notice but its lingering in the back of my mind now but if it is it would be a very mild case not like DH.Well thats off my chest now :wacko:

Goodnight.

Edited by thrilled

Zanily

Zanily
birthdaybox.gif
Becky

I hope you had a wonderful day
and that tattoo didn't hurt too much!!
xx

AstroGrrl
Happy Birthday Becky!!!

Carol - Hi hunnie, yes chemo patients can get odd sensations in their mouths etc when on chemo... I know a metallic taste is common, also I heard that tastebuds can sort of 'numb' so food that is normally eaten just doesn't taste right. He may want extra sugar/salt etc... anyway, how did he go today? I was thinking about you (((hugs)))

Anne - Glad to hear it went well... LOL at Claire sitting up like a big girl and watching her own TV awww...
I would say your diagnosis is correct as a post viral rash... GG, Indy, Ebz all fine xo

Jane - A lot of babies have 'odd' footsies as newborns and it corrects itself... if it was talipes, then I am sure it would look more severe :)

Well the aliens came and took my daughter away and left a clingy/crying (make that SCREAMING) little girl behind today... I now know what a lot of you have been going through with not being able to even leave the room... Poor bubba is finally asleep and hopefully will stay there until morning. Oh and the Minx is suddenly SPRINTING everywhere! Makes it hard to go anywhere/do anything as she zooms off the miute I takemy eyes off her!
Gawd, I just knew she would be a live wire... she is such a light weight as well - makes me wonder if it makes her lighter and faster on her tootsies? May have to look at jockey school.
*yawns*
Night night xo Edited by Sam I Am

kat73
Edited by kat73

XxLady_SarahxX

Kirsty, Can you get help elsewhare?

Happy belated birthday becky *insert big bunch flowers here*

Welcome back Kat.

Q: how tall and how much do your bubs weigh?

Hunter is 83cms tall and weighs just over 10kg :laugh:

Leo is 70cms tall and weighs almost 7kg :o

Hunter will have Leos hand me downs soon :laugh::laugh:

They both are skiny waists but BIG rib cages and are long legs.

Hunter can fit into 0 pants and tops but leo is in 00 pants with room but for the length and hunter needs 1 for the length but the fall down :laugh:

Thanks everyone for our replys ablut Hunters behaviour issues :)

I talked to Jon last night and we will try to reward good behaviour and ignore the bad, but its hard when you get a bite out of our shoulder :blush:

Plus i havent been giving Hunter as much attention as Leo, its not intentinal, im packing this place on my own and i know Hunter can play by himself happaly at times. I try to do what i can with him then Leo gets into something so he gets upset cos i have to deal with Leo. :unsure:

Dam gtg kids not happy :unsure:

Hopefully bbl to do more personals.

Reje-ru

hi all,

Just popping in to give Kirsty huge hugs, I wish I was closer, I'd be over to look after the kiddles and give you a break (and a cuddle)

Happy Birthday Becky! (for yesterday) I wanna see the tattoo!

sorry, cant do more personals. I have a house inspection this morning and I need to do all the floors. PLUS I'm sick :cry: sneezing and blocked up and headachey yuck! I had yesterday off work and prolly will have today off too. Yesterday I made ruby a curtain and today I want to finish the other curtain and start a bedspread for her too. Will post pics but I'm not the worlds best sewing type person so you cant laugh at my uneven hems and crooked hanging curtains LOL also whipped up a cute yellow curtain for the laundry and started knitting Ruby a pink furry poncho. That furry wool is sooooooo hard to knit with YUCK.

anyway, better go

love u all,

Sal

Mummy to HJ

Happy Birthday Becky!!!! (from yesterday)

K - I hope you gave A a swift kick up the ass!!!

Us - omg, i THOUGHT Hayden wasn't affected by the DLS thing...I THOUGHT one day of waking up at a decent time would mean everything is OK :blink: but obviously not, yesterday and today were 6-6:30 starts *yawn* Yes, i know daylight is shining through, but you really need more sleep!!! He got 9hrs last night, he usually does between 10-12hrs!!! :blink:

Hayden has also realised that pants can come down...he doesnt know how to do it yet, but he is pulling at his pants.

Oh, he has also started to crab crawl...he used to only do it to get over something he put in the way...but now he is doing it more and more :D Maybe he is waiting to get up and walk during the school hols coz then his grandpa is home LOL.

*Yawn* I guess I had better get some breaky into Hayden

Zanily

I want daylight savings back :cry: Zane woke at 5.45am this morning!!! But I was up since 5am feeding Lily and had only just gotten back into my nice warm bed :cry:

Guest ~sonique~

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BECKY Hope you had a fantastic day :)

13_10_2[1].gif

Kirsty - I'm dying to know what happened last night...hope you gave him a huge kick up the bum.

Sammy - Are you going to run a stall at Max's fair? Looking forward to seeing you there!

Kathy - I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. That is really scary, my ex neighbour had a brain aneurysm and was healthy on the outset but just died. Must be a quick way to go though.

Will BBL to drum up some more support for Max's fair ;)

Night0wl

Night0wl

Will make this quick as the kids are feral this morning <_< and Charlie is still growth-spurting and kept me up all night sucking me dry and screaming *sigh*

I ignored him last night, refused to speak to him when he got home, I was just too tired to fight. He knows I am sh!tty with him but seems he has no idea what for :rant: imbecile

Kids are in CC today, 10 bucks says he will not be home today for me to talk to him <_<

Have to get out and about today as well as much as I want to stay home and sleep, my sister broke her wrist at netball last night so we will have to try and get her car home from thr sports centre, and of course she plays netball a good 40 mins drive from her house <_<

Charlie screaming, gtg

:(

SLJ

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

BECKY

(sorry didn't get in yesterday)

Hope you had a good one!

*~Kellie~*

Kirst - as much as I know you'd like to help your sister, I'm sure she has other people she can call on. Your plate is more than full and hauling yourself and Charlie 1/2 way across town is not the thing to be doing to yourself.

Have you thought about a night at your Mum's with just you and Charlie? Organise E and B as best as you can, prepare a meal, get their bedtime things out and tell Alex you will see him in the morning. Cruel I know, but this boy needs a baptism of fire and I think if you stay there much longer, things will get done and said that might not be repairable :(

I have been thinking about you all night.

xx K

TheClampetts

*waves hello to everyone*

Jane - I was just reading your post about Lily's feet and could not post. What you describe is exactly what I had with Ruby only not diagnosed inutereo. I noticed it almost immediately after she was born and just kept thinking it was my over active worrying mum gene. I did eventually mention it to my GP at our 4 mth check/imms and was referred to an orthopedic surgeon :( which straight away had me worrying heaps more. In the end he was reluctant to do anything (there is a name for it but it escapes me atm - I will get back with the correct name - not talipes) anyway I wasted 12 months going for check ups and am now going to see a podiatrist. I am peeved at myself as I am betting the pod is going to say 'oh if only you had come to see me 10 mths ago' :rant: Now that Ruby is walking the 'defect' is even more noticable and she can not walk in shoes properly as her feet keep coming out of them.

So after all that gooblededook..in short I am saying follow your instinct and don't give up until you are fully satisfied iykwim. PM if you want to chat about it.

Happy Birthday Becky...

Guest ~sonique~

Okay ladies,

For those of you how would like to donate money towards Max's Legacy Fair here are the details of the raffle which is being run on the day -

Tickets are 50c each or 3 for $1.00 if you win then I will donate postage costs to get the prize to you :)

Raffle 1

1ST PRIZE...Night at the Sorrento Beach Appartments for two

2nd PRIZE...huge nestle gift pack.

3rd PRIZE...Masters Cheese platter set.

4th PRIZE...Gloria Jeans pack.

Raffle 2

1st prize Sony MP3 player

2nd prize USB webcam

3rd prize Grand cinema movie tix

Raffle 3

1st prize huge knitted dragon

2nd prize Masters pool ring

3rd prize Movies By Burswood passes

The fair is on Saturday so tickets will need to be organised by Thursday at the latest.

willsmumsos

Kirsty - like Kell said I have been thinking about your situation all night and what she suggested about a night away at your mum's is a good one except I say let Alex get Billy and Miss E their dinner and everything else that you do day in and day out without anyone preparing it for you...I know you were too angry to do it last night but you do need to talk to him and just let him know that he has certain responsibilities that he MUST fulfill as the children's father and YOUR husband (ie. the man who is meant to support you however he can, whenever he can). More than that though I would just really push how terribly dissapointed you are that he doesn't feel the NEED to spend time with his wife, new son and his other 2 children when he has this time off for that sole purpose. Sorry I have ranted a lot but I am just so angry that he's letting you do this all on your own. BTW I agree that someone else has got to be around to help your sister get her car back you've got enough on your plate.

Becky - Happy Belated birthday for yesterday I read about your tatoo and didn't even click that it was a birthday present!!! I hope you had a fantastic day. Big hugs to you.

Cathy - yes we stayed in Bordertown for one night and found it to be absolutely fine. We had dinner at the pub and breakfast at the bakery! Will really liked the park near the info centre as we stopped there on the way home for lunch too. I wanted to go to see the white kangaroos but DH was against the idea for some reason...it may have something to do with paying to see something that we see in our backyard every day (well grey ones anyway!) Sorry I didn't contact you b/c you'd been MIA for a while I wasn't sure you wanted to hear from anyone from DIN05!

Us - Well I've been doing some research about c/s and all it's done is freak me out even more! Anyway this time next week I'll know what is happening and then I can come to terms with it!!! DH is finally painting the nursery this weekend and over Easter we will try to do as many other jobs as we can with the help of my parents and the IL's. I've packed the baby's bag and started packing mine too so I guess things have started to really feel 'close'!

Will still continues to 'wake' at 4am and commence the head banging but last night we just ignored it the best we could b/c every other night when we go in to try to get him to stop it just upsets him more than anything else. I feel awful that he does this to himself but we just don't know how to get him to stop.

ETA:Oh before I go...who is going to do an easter egg hunt for their tot? DH suggested taht we do it but I'm not sure it will be worth it as I doubt William will understand.

Have a good day everyone,

Edited by willsmumsos

~Lucison~

Morning gals,

Happy Birthday to Becky for yesterday!!! Hope you got all the lovely things you deserve.

Kirsty - I hope things are on the improve today. Men are gits and will never understand what we go through. I just hope he stops taking you for granted. BIG (((hugs)))

Cecile - I'm sure when you know one way or another what is happening with this bubba, then it will sit more easily with you. You've jogged my memory to start getting my bags packed also (that'll take me a good month probably!!). Did ignoring Will's headbanging help in any way?

Michelle - I will defo be getting some raffle tickets. Thanks.

US - Lucas hasn't been well lately. He had the run's the end of last week (courtesy of daycare!), and then got a cold, which he is slowly getting over. The one truly remarkable thing is though, that apart from one night when he was really sick, he has been sleeping through every night (touching wood furiously) but with the vaporiser on. It seems that ever since he went up to the toddlers room at daycare (even though he only goes 3 days a week), he needs his sleep and wants to sleep the whole night. I've got everything I own crossed that it stays that way. Now that he's finally sleeping through, I don't want to move him out of the cot!!

He's not at daycare today because he's still a bit snuffly - the in-laws have him. And they took him out for a drive this morning. ARGHHH!! I nearly burst into tears when I heard that (and am tearing up just thinking about it again), but they are home safe and sound now so hopefully they won't go out again today. But it has totally messed with his sleep routine, as he had a 40 minute nap while they were out, so he's not going to want his 3hr lunch time nap until about 2pm, which will set his bedtime back a heap now. Grrrr. I wish people would just stick with his routine. Sorry, that turned into a bit of a vent. I'm feeling like a terrible mum at the moment, for dumping him at the grandparents when he's not 100%. :cry: I should be with him - damn work!!! :cry::cry:

Pregnancy question - has anyone had that itching condition some women get with pregnancy? I'm going to get my ob to check it out on Thurs, but have started to get a little worried about it now. It isn't on my belly (where I thought is where it did happen), but on my bikini line and on my undies line :blush: . I thought it was originally shaving rash, but it has gone on for 3 weeks now, and is actually waking me at night several times to have a big scratch. I've heard that it can be dangerous to the baby. And people have to deliver early sometimes.

Okay, enough of my ramblings. Sorry for the lack of personals. So much going on at the moment and feeling LOUSY!!

ETA - I forgot to tell. DH actually said the other night that he is now considering having a 3rd kid, because Lucas is starting to get to the fun stage and he thinks it wouldn't be so bad to have another one (he's not fussed on the baby stage). Yippee!!! That completely made my day, although I'm not getting my hopes up too high. But it is certainly a step in the right direction.

Edited by dory

XxLady_SarahxX

K, hope your DH wakes up to himself soon.

willsmumsos, just rember even though its sceary you will be holding your bubba in the end and you will get through it, you are woman :D

Somedays i wish i wasnt a mum and today is one of them :cry: i really dont know how much more i can take of this and K i dont know how you do and your such a insperation you strong chicky.

Im sorry if that offened anyone i just needed to get this out as i have both kids screaming like banshes and nothing i do fixes it, hunter screams so Leo dose too and vice versa they just set each other off and keep going and going and going and my head hurts.

Guest ~sonique~

Ceclie - I am so looking forward to easter this year :D I'm getting both kids one of these easter buckets, I'll take the eggs out and hide them around the house and give them the buckets to fill up. It's so funny watching them run around looking for the eggs and getting so excited when the find them.

2637e02.jpg

*~Kellie~*

Sarah - we all have days that we wish we could send them back to whence they came. As a parent I've even had days where I thought the girls would be better off without me and I should just take off and let Paul look after them. But I didn't, and that's the difference between a good Mum and a bad Mum, knowing the difference and not doing it.

One thing I always try to do (and its so hard for me cause I'm a real pessimist) is to try to think that "tomorrow will be better" and usually it is.

Take care, take small steps and just remember, you're not alone.

Cheers

Kellie