Sign in to follow this  
Lucky Mama

December 2006 Parents Group #11

Guest Bec-n-Boys
Silver.

Baby number 3 Just wanted to let you know that i am thinking of you and your family. Please keep us updated.

B*N*B*L
Oh baby_number_3 I am so sorry about Mason's results. My thoughts are with you and your family and please keep us updated. Anytime you need to talk just let it all out on here with us. Sending love and hugs your way wub.gif

MrsDoobie- LOL yeah the same thought (about being pg) went thru my mind too. But I don't think so mellow.gif I have missed a few 'pills' tho so I guess there is a chance but nah!! LOL Maybe I should test just to be sure.. ph34r.gif tongue.gif wacko.gif

I better go and get dressed..I gotta take DS to kinder and then I have an appointment with the health nurse at 9am..ITs 8am now so I better get a wriggle on ohmy.gif

B*N*B*L
Hi only me again ...LOL!

Lily has put on 560g in two weeks biggrin.gif and has grown 4cm. She is now 5.97kg and 63cm long!! biggrin.gif I am so happy cause it is such validation that whatever I am doing is working!!! Its a great feeling.

Ok gotta go...

nice~dream
baby_number_3: Oh im so sorry to hear about little Mason sad.gif Fingers crossed that the MRI scan goes ok!!! Thinking of you all.

Nic23:
Yay, good weight gain for Lily!

Woo hoo im so glad its Friday! My SIL went to go and live in melbourne a few weeks ago and it didnt work out for her so she is comming back tonght and we will go see her tomorrow. biggrin.gif She hasnt seen Zach since he was about 2 weeks old so i cant wait for her to see him again! Its also good because since she left my MIL has been a bit lonely without her, so has been wanting to see us ALL the time wacko.gif

Question (feel free to skip) tongue.gif
To those of you who bottlefeed do you let other people feed your bub, like your mum, mil,sisters,brothers,friends etc...?
I dont like other people except dh feeding him but some people, actually only my MIL gets really offended when i say no. I only do this because i dont breastfeed and i prefer to feed him myself as feeding time is a good bonding time for us(and dh). When hes a few more months old then i wont mind others feeding him but for now i do. What do you say to someone who keeps getting offended?

My two kids
bn3 - i'm really sorry to hear about Mason's condition. As the other ladies said, feel free to jump on here anytime you need to let out some thoughts or feelings. hugs to you and your family.

nic - great job on the weight gain!

Kate - i don't like other people feeding Hannah except dh. she never takes as much from others as she will from us and they keep stopping and starting and trying to burp her when she's just fine and wants to drink. and they do all sorts of odd things like poking her throat and tapping the end of the bottle when she slows down and it sh!ts me big time rant.gif - especially if she's full or just having a rest between suck cycles. if people ask, i just say, "actually i'd prefer to do it this time as she's been a bit unsettled the last few feeds and i want to make sure she goes ok", or something like that. that way they save face and chances are they won't ask again. biggrin.gif oh, and i definitely agree about the bonding thing - i usually only let dh feed Hannah once a day (maybe twice if i'm feeling generous wink.gif ) cos quite frankly i love doing it and having her snuggle in all relaxed and gorgeous and we have our special time. at this early stage in her life i'm not really into sharing! Edited by pigletpastures

hannahs~mum
Hi Ladies, just a quick post to say that my thoughts are with you and your family babynumber3. Lets hope the MRI brings some positive news for you. Sending love, positive thoughts and hugs your way

froggyem
Babyn3 - I hope that Little Mason is ok. Praying for him and your family. xxx blush.gif

I joined Fernwood and start on Monday for my first PT session, am a bit nervous, but cant wait to try and get a few muscles to help me carry DS around! Went and checked out the childcare and was really happy with it and the ladies that work in there, so even though it is pretty expensive, at least I know that the childcarer's are qualified and I am comfortable that DS will be well looked after.

Hope you all have a great weekend, we are off to MIL & FIL's for the weekend, I am hoping this doesnt disrupt DS's great night time sleeping patterns unsure.gif

Em

mikyla
hi ladies,

firstly, yahoo for me.... last night macy mae slept right through from 9.30pm to 7.30am!!!!!!!! amazing and wonderful. fingers crossed she does it again tonight.

secondly i went shopping in town today and went nuts on toys! imagine if toy store had sale on lamaze toys, we got some great stuff.

i start part-time work from home next week.

kate: re bottlefeeding. i'm not really precious about it at all. i let anyone feed her mostly close friends and family. macy mae doesn't care just as long as she gets fed. i like the break to be honest. but i have to say that the last feed of the day, night time, that's mine and the best one for snuggles.

gotta go, i have a hungry cat that wont leave me alone!!

littlebug
baby_number_3 - sorry to hear about Masons condition, I hope the mri goes okay

Kate - I get a little funny about people feeding Noah, but mainly because he is temparamental during feeds. It sounds weird but if anything at all disturbs him he will NOT finish his bottle-so weird and hard to explain LOL!

MrsDoobie - I got a few different nappies, mainly bumgenius pockets, but a mix of baby beehinds/berry plush/honeyboy/haute pocket aswell...I hope they work well for us original.gif

My two kids
biggrin.gif I have just ordered myself some hemp fabric and microfibre as well. my nappies are slowing becoming more hi-tech tongue.gif i made 2 more today for Hannah in a gorgeous turquoise colour. Very bright and cute for her gorgeous little bum.

well done Mikyla on MM's great sleep!

rainfallindown - i know what you mean about bubs getting interrupted a bit with feeding and then refusing to get drinking again.

tonight i have just finished sewing Hannah's christening gown. It's fairly simple, but very pretty (white embroidered satin). The big day is Sunday and i have so much to organise between now and then that i probably won't get online for a few days. have a good weekend everyone!

MrsDoobie
Things have really improved for us now with Jadzia's settling, thank goodness! In these past couple of days, when I put her down for a sleep she doesn't even cry like she used to - yay! It got quite bad last week so I spoke with a nurse who said she would be tired after 1.5 hours awake no matter how much she looks like she still wants to party. So after 1.5 hours we should do all we can to get her to sleep, ie rocking, cuddling etc. It's worked a treat - even though she doesn't always display the tired signs she's supposed to, we put her down for a sleep after 1.5 hours of awake time and she's sleeping heaps more, and not becoming unsettled as often during her sleep time.

I'm going out for lunch with my 2 best friends tomorrow and taking Jadzia along with me. I'm really looking forward to it! Hope she doesn't cry too much during lunch though...

rainfallindown: Ooh, that sounds like a great variety of nappies! Please let me know what you think of the Bumgenius pockets. I'm going to try one of ours out on Jadzia tomorrow when we go out because they are so nice and trim (compared with the terry squares I've been using every day while I wait for my BBBs to arrive!). I hope they are absorbent after just the 1 wash or we might be in trouble...

mikyla: Wow - what a great sleep for Macy!! You must have felt wonderful after having such a long break between feeds. Hope you got some good sleep during that time. I'm trying so hard not to buy too many toys but it isn't easy when they are so cute and Jadzia loves toys so much now! How many did you buy?

froggyem: Good for you getting the gym membership. I hope you enjoy going there! Their childcare sounds good and also worth the money.

Kate83: How cool that your SIL is moving back! With bottle feeding, I love for DH to feed Jadzia as it's a great bonding time for them, and I also enjoy feeding her. I am a bit funny about others though. I don't mind my Mum and Dad feeding her, but because my MIL smokes and to be honest I just don't like her, I don't let her feed Jadzia. My FIL wouldn't even want to and would probably refuse if I asked unless he absolutely had to, because he's not really a baby person.

Nic23: What a fantastic weight gain and growth spurt Lily had! That's really cool smile1.gif .
I have missed a few 'pills'
Ooh, we might have the first subsequent pregnancy in our due in group wink.gif . Do a test, do a test!!! Now I'm curious wink.gif tongue.gif hee hee!!

Have a good night everyone.

Love to you and your bubbas,

Heather xxx

outofmymind
babynumber3 So sorry to hear about Mason's condition. I hope you and your family are ok.

I have been MIA for awhile, our pool has finally been started and the excavator dug out our phone lines. rant.gif Took telstra 72hrs to come and fix them. The pool is now in and full of water. Won't be concreted until next week. So we still can't swim yet.

Cooper had his pead appointment on Tuesday, he went quite well. She changed his reflux medication from zantac to zoton, so I hope that works. She didn't mind that he was eating farex, she suggested adding pears to it, to help with his constipation. She also said for him to have it twice a day. He seems much happier. He would rather eat than take a bottle I think. She isn't concerned about him not holding his head up. She didn't think that there was a problem. She told me not to get my hopes up with CJ getting his tongue fixed, it probably won't fix all of his feeding problems. She thinks he is so unsettled because of a number of things. Reflux, sucking air when he is feeding, constipation and not sleeping properly, he has improved since day stay though. She said some babies just whinge original.gif She was really nice though, much better than the pead he had in hospital.

I took CJ to the chiropractor today, to see if she can help. I hope it makes some difference. She picked up what was wrong with him without me saying anything! ohmy.gif So it mightn't be a load of rubbish after all.

Carmen
When do you get Seth's results back?? I thought it was today?

Good on you ladies that use cloth nappies, I'm too lazy and use disposables. tongue.gif I think cloth do look much better though.

Hope everyone has a good night. Edited by outofmymind

nice~dream
Heather: Yeah i dont like my MIL either and we have to see her tomorrow rolleyes.gif
What folds do you use for the terry squares? I dont have too many fitted ones at the moment that fit him so iv been using the squares too.

PP: Oh im glad im not the only one who doesnt like sharing feeds tongue.gif I cant believe ppl have poked hannah's throat before while she is drinking, thats so rude! Were of to MIL's tomorrow so i will be prepared to tell her why i like to feed him myself! She also stops to burp him like 4 tmes for every bottle, and practically holds him upright and he cant drink properly like that glare.gif Plus she always makes comments about breastfeeding which really sh*ts me off!!

Mikyla: What a great sleep Macy had! Its so good when you wake up and realise that they slept right through!

outofmymind: I cant believe they dug up the phone lines, how annoying! Thats great to hear Cooper is going well and sleeping/settling a bit better now.

Froggyem: Good on you for joining the gym!

rain: Wow, you got lots of nappies!! Let us know how they go!

Well have a great weekend everyone biggrin.gif

mikyla
Hi ladies,

WOW, she did it again. Slept right through from 9.30pm to 7am!! Amazing. Maybe this is the new routine for a while. Wow that would be so great.

Toys: I bought her three new toys. A Lamaze monkey that is so cute - he plays the song "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands" when you clap his hands together. A cool lime green Lamaze frog, which Macy Mae just adores and loves to suck on his bulging eye balls!! LOL. And a lion rattle thingy that she can hold, shake and chew/suck on whilst in the car seat or when we are out and about (probably a great one for me to take on board the plane when we go to Perth in a few weeks). Oh yeah and a string of toys for her pram.

Carmen: sorry to hear you're not feeling too well. Glad Seth's results came back normal.

Piglet: good luck with the christening. I hope you all have a lovely day.

Heather: glad to hear things are working with settling Jadzia.

Em: enjoy the gym.

Babynumber3: thinking of you.

Hopefully I'll be able to set up my home office a bit better and get a bit more organised this weekend as I start working from home next week. My SIL and my neighbour will be sharing hours (5-8hours each a week) between them in looking after Macy Mae at my house whilst I work from home (I am hiring both as a nanny, paying them $17ph cash - so pretty good money for them and a great help to me - thank goodness work is paying me great money for this project so I can afford this help). I just hope with Macy Mae around I can focus on my work. I'm sure once I lock myself away in the office I will be able to concentrate on the job at hand and 'occasionally' pop downstairs to say hello to my little girl. I know that they will probably take her for a long walk too so she wont be around the whole time I have to work. I'm actually getting rather excited. original.gif

DH is still on patches, it's now 2 weeks without a cigarette. I'm so proud of him. original.gif

baby_number_3
Hi all please excuse me once again for nor personals, as you can imagine I have a million other things running through my head.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and wishes, it means alot to have people to talk to who don't know us so don't have to feel I'm offending anyone or stepping on someone elses toes.

I'm finding it hard because alot of people saying it could have been worse I could have had April and as much as I know its true it doesn't lesson our situation and at first made me feel like I was being selfish for being so upset. I don't want to swap places with Aprils mum but I honestly don't think this is going to be an easier road to the one they walked just a different road.

Still no news on when we will be going to the hospital but I guess it takes time when your organising a few departments at once.

Just really hoping its only effected the vision, from from reading others stories we would be lucky if thats all.

Anyway just thought I'd pop sorry to be a downer sad.gif

My two kids
bn3 - good to hear from you. You do have a difficult road to travel now. We're all thinking of you and your family and we're happy to read anything you need to let out. hugs and prayers for you.

I spoke with a nurse who said she would be tired after 1.5 hours awake no matter how much she looks like she still wants to party. So after 1.5 hours we should do all we can to get her to sleep, ie rocking, cuddling etc. It's worked a treat
Ditto! Hannah goes down for a sleep without any fuss and without the need for rocking or cuddling 90% of the time and this is what we do. Her max awake time is 1.75hours. I just put her in the cot, give her the dummy if she wants it, say "shhhhh" and give her a kiss and then walk away. she nods off by herself then.

Heather - enjoy your lunch outing! I like your new sig wink.gif I also just noticed Jadzia's middle name - Ariel - that's gorgeous!

Not too sure what has him so excited, but I'm guessing it's the sound of his own voice. He's still going, it's been 3 hours lol.
PMSL how cute!

mikyla - your DH is doing a great job! tell him we're all behind him! biggrin.gif

well my house is clean and all i have left to do is a bit of ironing, so i thought i'd allow myself a bit of time on eb biggrin.gif i'm looking forward to the christening tomorrow. hannah's dress is really pretty and my parents have given her a lovely antique brooch to wear on it so she'll look like a little princess and i think the ILs have bought her a bracelet too. i've had my hair done today (fingers crossed it still looks good in the morning) and DS has been practising holding a candle without burning himself tongue.gif (although he hasn't learnt to hold off on the "happy birthday to you....." biggrin.gif ) Edited by pigletpastures

B*N*B*L
Ooh, we might have the first subsequent pregnancy in our due in group . Do a test, do a test!!! Now I'm curious hee hee!!

ROFL biggrin.gif No No I did do a test cause I was curious too but thank goodness it was Negative! Even tho I would have been excited I am no really ready for #3 just yet..I would like to enjoy my little girl for a bit longer tongue.gif biggrin.gif

PP- Good luck with the christening on Sunday. Have a great day.
although he hasn't learnt to hold off on the "happy birthday to you
PMSL..how funny would that be if he starts singing that in the middle of the ceremony biggrin.gif

Mikyla- Good luck with your P/T work. Its great that you can have Macy at home while you work too. Well done on the sleep thru the night...Lucky thing...

BN3- I agree with you the road you are taking now with Mason is a completly different road as to what April's mum took. Both difficult roads in there own right. Please don't apoligise...you come in here and express your feelings any time you like...we are hear to listen to you..and like you said it is easier to talk to us (who you don't know IRL) then your family and friends sometimes.

Well DH has just put DS to bed and we are out of night time nappies ohmy.gif SO tonight will be intresting ohmy.gif I could have raced up to the shops I guess but I couldn't be bothered.LOL so I guess it is my own fault if I am up in the middle of the night changing sheets!!! I figured we have to try a nappy free night sooner or later so we will just see how he goes!! Fingers crossed.

MrsDoobie
We just got Jadzia up for her dream feed and I couldn't help it - I had to have some skin-to-skin cuddles with her even though I'm supposed to pop her straight back into bed after her feed! Oh it was so lovely wub.gif . And then I wrapped her up and took her into our bedroom (in her bassinet) and popped a lamp on so I could offer her a dummy. When she caught sight of me in the light of the lamp she smiled and let out the biggest giggle I've heard her do!! Oh man, it made me feel so good, and all warm and gooey inside wub.gif . I love my little princess so much original.gif .

We just found out tonight that another friend of ours is pregnant with her second child. Oh boy, we are so excited! That makes 2 close friends pregnant, and due within 3 weeks of each other. They are going into the same hospital, so if one goes early and the other late, they could be in there together!!

Sorry for no personals, it's 11.15pm here now and I'm pretty tired.

hugs to all,

Heather xxx

nice~dream
Heather: Awww too cute about Jadzia happy.gif
Like Pigletpastures said before about noticing Ariel as Jadzias middle name, I only noticed that the other day too and its so pretty!

Nic23: I did a preg test the other day too tongue.gif Like you said, it was a relief it was negative but it would have been exciting if it was positive too. Hope your not up in the middle of the night changing the sheets.

BN3: Come in here and write you thoughts down anytime you feel like it, thats what we are here for original.gif

PP: Oh have a great time at Hannahs christening tomorrow, i bet she will look gorgeous! Post us a pic of her in her dress if you can biggrin.gif

Carmen: That is great Seths results came back normal, so cute about him squealing all the time!

We had a busy day, we left at 11am to go to the IL's, then went to see our house thats getting built which is nearly finished, although some little sh*t has graphitied on the side wall mad.gif
Then we went to see my sister whch was nice and we got back at 6.30 so Zach is having a big sleep now! Well im off to watch a dvd!!!

B*N*B*L
OMG...note to self...never run out of nappies for DS again!! blink.gif I got up at 2am'ish to feed Lily and once I finished I got DS up and took him to the toilet (he was still dry at that stage)but he refused to go and got all cranky at me for waking him up..( I don't blame him I guess tongue.gif ) Then I was up again at around 5.30ish and DS woke up crying..'theres wee's in my bed' SO I changed him and popped him on the couch..he was refusing to go back to sleep but I think he did eventually (not for long tho)but he wet again so I had to change him again mad.gif So now I am up and in a angry mood cause DH was of no help to me at all mad.gif Why he thinks he can just keep sleeping is beyond me..

BBL..Lily is crying

mikyla
hi ladies,
i don't mean to brag . . . but she did it again. three nights in a row from 9.30pm to 7am! yahoo. can she go a fourth all nighter in a row tonight? biggrin.gif

not all joy though - i got my period yesterday!! rant.gif

dh and i changed macy mae's pram this morning from basinett to sitting up facing forwards. she looks so grown up now! we took her for a walk around local wetlands and she loved it. original.gif

piglet: oh yes please post picture of hannah all dressed up.

nic: oh the joys of what us first time mums have to look forward to!

kate: sorry to hear your new house had been vandalised.

heather: so gorgeous - giggles are great!

froggyem
Hi everyone,
hope you all had a good weekend....
Chadviskise: Seth looks so cute in the JJ !! biggrin.gif
Mikayla: cool that Macy is sleeping through !!
PP: I hope the christening goes well, we couldnt get Lucas in until mother's day - how cute about singing Happy Birthday tongue.gif

ok question time.... how many feeds a day is everyone giving now?
Today will work out for the first time to only be 5 for Lucas, am hoping this wont mean he will wake a million times during the night starving.

Just need to vent...
doesn't it sh*t you when people say the following:

"does your mummy over feed you chubby boy"
"are you a time waster, does your daddy come home and ask your mummy what she has been doing all day"

well maybe I am sensitive, but 1st I am not overfeeding & second I do sometimes get frustrated that I dont get as much done as I would like !!! rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif

MrsDoobie
Finally, time for a post and some personals (yay!)

froggem: I get the comments like "isn't she tiny" when I mention how old Jadzia is. She is 4.7kg at 3.5 months old, and one lady at a polling booth yesterday asked how old she is by saying "oh, she'd be around 2 months old wouldn't she?". So we get the opposite. Jadzia is taking 6 feeds per day at the moment. Looking forward to when she does what Macy does and sleeps through the night though!! Then she'll most likely be taking 5 feeds. My community nurse suggested that during the day when we are awake not letting Jadzia go over 4 hours between feeds so it extends the nighttime feeds out. I didn't do it yesterday and paid the price - she fed at 4.40pm, and slept through until we woke her at 10.30pm for a feed. We popped her back to bed and then she woke at 2.30am and 5.30am for her subsequent feeds. That's the first time in a long time one of us has had to feed her at around 2am, and it's because she missed out that one feed in the evening. She usually goes from 11pm to 5am between feeds otherwise (much more sane!!).

Carmen: That pic of Seth is awesome! How cute does he look? He is growing up hey? Jadzia also chats when she's supposed to be eating, usually smiling and cooing away with the bottle teat in her mouth laugh.gif . I love it when she does it cos it's so cute to watch.
Note to self, remember how annoying over excited people where to me and DON'T do it to them
Hmmm...maybe I need that as a note to myself too wink.gif .

Mikyla: I love the new picture in your signature! Macy is growing up heaps too. She is so gorgeous original.gif . Wow about her sleeping through again. You're so lucky biggrin.gif ! I turned Jadzia around to face the world in her Baby Bjorn carrier yesterday but her head bobbed around so much I had to turn her back again! I don't know how long it'll be before I sit her up in her pram either. Probably when she won't slide down in the seat!

Nic23: Sorry to hear about your challenging night sad.gif . Hope your day was better! I know you're glad the test was negative, but it would have been so exciting if you were pregnant wink.gif ... well, maybe for us anyway biggrin.gif

Kate83: Ooh, I love the new pic in your signature too. How cute is that?? wub.gif Not good about the graffiti mad.gif . Hope you got to watch your DVD in peace and enjoyed it!
i dont like my MIL either and we have to see her tomorrow
We saw our outlaws yesterday too. MIL was gooing all over Jadzia and although I don't really like her, it was nice to see Jadzia responding to her. With the terry squares, I use the bat fold. Here's a link to a website with a "how to": Bat Fold

pigletpastures: I am waiting on shipment of a full time Baby Beehinds package and haven't had the chance to get a photo of Jadzia in one of the two I do have, so I thought the glittery signature was the next best thing for RNW original.gif . I can't wait to get her in them full time - even DH commented today on how big the terry squares make her bum look compared with the BBBs! I told him he can say that now while she's still little and doesn't understand, but there'll be no big bum comments once she can talk wink.gif . Thanks for the compliment about Jadzia's middle name original.gif . DH got to choose her first name, so I chose the middle one!
Hannah goes down for a sleep without any fuss and without the need for rocking or cuddling 90% of the time
Yup - same here now. I can't believe the difference with her settling. It's great!

rainfallindown: You'll have to post a pic of Noah in his new Bubblebubs when they arrive wink.gif tongue.gif

Yesterday's lunch with my girlfriends was lovely. I took Jadzia along and one friend who has been seeing her partner for only 4 months says she's going to tell him she wants a baby!! Nice to know Jadzia made a positive impression smile1.gif . She was such a good girl and smiled and laughed with my friends.

We had a nice quiet day today. We went to church this morning, and I was so tired that when I got home I slept most of the afternoon. Jadzia splashed around in her bath (she absolutely loves baths!!) and then I did some cooking.

Hope everyone else has had nice days too.

Thought I'd share some photos. Firstly, one happy little girl:

Next, a photo we like to call "Darth Cutie":

And lastly, one of DH with Jadzia having a little cry (I think she looks cute in it!):

Take care,

Heather xxx Edited by MrsDoobie

nice~dream
Good evening!

Carmen: They "say" our house should be ready in a month but im expecting about6-7 weeks. Seth looks so cute in his jolly jumper!

Froggyem: Zach is taking about 5-6 feeds a day now, i havnt got any of those comments...yet tongue.gif

Heather: Sounds like you had a lovely lunch with your friends, Jadzia is absolutely adorable, no wonder she made your friend want a baby laugh.gif
When i was at mil's she kept going on about how much Zach looks like her and how she could pass him off as her baby more than mine! He looks nothing like her, ugh! Thanks for the link, i will go check that out after im finished here. I cant wait to get my fitted ones but we have to wait till we sell our house to get anymore.

I think i may go have a big bowl of tripple choc icecream, im feeling a little down tonight and i dont quite know why.