linnieloo62

themorethemerrier

kimh297

LI

Stardust

babygirl03

banassie

Bloomer

Hi I am Cathy I live in Sydney, I am 46 I was 42 when I had DD1 and just 45 with DD2. DH has 2 older girls who live in europe so we rarely see them, unfortunately.

I am a SAHM and enjoying it but on the search for the right PT occupation. After working for so many years it is nice to have a change.

I had children late purely because I did not meet the right person until I was 39. We married when I was 40, while we would have been happy to be pregnant at wedding the Vasectomy reversal needed to be repeated. The girls were naturally conceived.

Not sure what else to say..

themorethemerrier

Hi, I am Helen, 43yo, I live in adelaide. I had my first at 22yo, he will be 21 this year. I haven't stopped since then lol. I am now 22weeks pg with my 10th. There were some longer gaps of 3 and 4 years in my late 30s and I thought with some of my symptoms I was going through an early menopause or something. After being on all sorts of old-age meds :tongue: from high bp, arthritis etc and after a year from hell, I found myself unexpectedly pg again and he was such a joy we decided to go for number 10. With the 4yo waking 2-3 times a night wtih nightmares I am feeling the pain! lol of sleeplessness, that is.

Has anyone seen the pic in the chemist or the ad for moisturiser where the woman states proudly "I'm 43yo".

(lose 10 years or something) I'm like, big deal lady! Does the world expect 40 somethings to look wrinkly or something? I asked my 12yo dd if she thought I looked older and she said yes! :angry: but I thought about it some more and thought the woman did look more "glamorous" in the pic. DD is trying to make me feel better saying "It's probably been photoshopped mum". But then I asked if my skin looked just as good as hers without wrinkles, and dd said yes. So that made me feel better. :D Not bad then considering I never use moisturiser, just dont drink or smoke and try to stay out of the sun these days!. Personally, I think it is all genetics with a bit of avoiding the obvious.

There have been a few of us that had babies back in teh eighties. Haven't things changed since then! I remember the first ultrasound. It was like a huge photocopying machine with a plastic jelly panel on the top that you had to lie your belly onto. The technician I had the other week had never seen something that old. she was probably still in school then, lol. so much has changed in 21 years! Though I think teh first hospital was quite progressive at thetime. I remember 4 bed wards too! 4 lots of cyring babies through the night! Aaargh! These days if you have to share at ALL you feel hard done by. ON teh other hand, it was nice to chat during the day and discuss baby issues and concerns so something has been lost there. I do remember being in wtih a fruit loop or two at times and really worrying about them and their babies when they go home! I also had one of the first cocktail epidurals, and was part of a study on pain at the time. before that, you were given dead legs virtually.

What do you remember?

Edited by themorethemerrier

Shainala

Hi there

I'm Karen and I'm 45.I have two girls 7 and 10.

I'm not sure whether I fit into this category.Do you have to be in your forties when you had your baby or whether your in your forties now??

Thanks

Bloomer

I think this for be anyone who is about 40 whether older kids or younger.. There are some things we are all fearing as we get older..(or I know I am)

Raynne

Hi I'm Di and as my user name says I was a mum last year at 40. I have 5 DSs (1 in heaven from 71/2wks) and they range from almost 19 to 7mths, so I have had bubs in three decades, two centuries and two millenniums. If DS4 had lived I would of had DS1 at Uni, DS2 at High school, DS3 at primary, DS4 at prep, and DS5 at CC, so I tend to keep up with government policies to do with education and schooling etc LOL.

EB has been great discovering that I am not abnormal afterall, although when preg last year I was really annoyed with how many people assumed DS5 was to a different DH as if an older mum can't have a larger family with the same man :rant:

babygirl03

Hello Everyone

I'm 41yo and like Helen, I'm an Adelaidian. Helen - whereabouts do you live? I'm in Glenunga.

Bit of info - well, I've a gorgeous 43yo hubby and a beautiful 3yo daughter from ivf. Have since late 2005 been ttc#2 but not so lucky second time round as ivf#1 resulted in a chemical pregnancy, ivf#2 was a bfn and with ivf#3, we never made it to transfer and so now have 2 in the freezer.

However, am in a bit of a dilemma atm as by some miracle we managed to conceive on our own last month. I had a scan this morning which showed an embryo with a heartbeat at 100+ bpm. The catch though is that the embryo is measured to be under 7wks when by my dates I should be more like 8 1/2wks at least and I know it to be accurate. So, I've now got an appointment for a follow-up scan next Thursday. I don't know how I feel. One minute I'm ecstatic to know that I'm definitely pregnant but the next am so, so scared that this miracle is likely to be taken away from us.

Ummm ... I'm sorry that my first post here is so full-on but that's pretty much all I've been thinking about all day (and probably for the next 7 days at least). Will promise not to be so self-centred in my next post :blush:

samandi

Hi My name is Eileen and I have an adorable 3yo DD I had her when I was 49 I had my ist son when I was 20 he is now 32 and has 3 beautiful children my next son is 23 and then 19 all boys wow . the boys r from my first marriage . My 2nd marriage ended 20mts ago I could no longer live in Melb his family didnt want me long story maybe another time so I came home to Perth .

we r doing ok I choose the nick name samandi because her name is samantha so sam then and and me but me didnt sound right so I used i lol

so glad to have found this site im still a little shy nervous but everyone is so nice thanks for that

eileen

Midwitch

Hi Ladies,

can I join your club? :wub: I will be 40 in September and thoroughly looking forward to it. DH and I hope to TTC in December and he is talking about maybe one more after that - but I'm not so sure. We already have seven so its getting a bit expensive :huh: Our eldest is 19 and youngest is 14 months. I look at my grown son and wonder where the years went. Seriously, I still feel like I'm only in my mid 20s. Whats with that? Then I go to Playgroup and someone asks me if I am here with my GRANDSON! I nearly flipped.

Funny thing is, though I desparately pray it wont happen yet, there is a possibility I could have been a grandmother by now. It feels so weird.

Mummalovin

OK my turn

HI I'm Donna and live in the lovely Hunter Valley of NSW.

I was married at 20 and trying to start a family soon after. Fast forward 3 years and after investigation I found out my tubes were totally "stuffed". DR says "there is no way you will ever have children of your own"

At 26 I had had enough of my muso husband and his Peter Pan pipe dreams so I leave. I'd grown but he hadn't so what else could I do :wacko:

Met this sweet guy through mutual fiends about 8 mths later and could not get rid of him so I let him stick around :wub: We married the year I turned 30 and he was 28.

KNew we would have to try IVF to have a family and thankfully by this time the technology had advanced.

It took us 3 IVF stimulated cycles and 5 Frozen embryo transfers before IVF 4 took and we had DS and DD1 9 days before I turned 41 (2002). January 2005 we went back again and transferred 2 more embryos :blush: (from the same IVF) not really thinking about twins again. October 2005 DDs 2 & 3 were born (I was 44.3)

Are we done?? I'm honestly not sure. We still have 3 more embryos on ice and I can't say what we are going to do.

Oh my I have waffled on :o

Who's next?

banassie

Hi everyone - sorry i've been MIA for a while.

My name is Cassie and I am 42 (nearly 43...) and live in Perth and together with my partner (37) we have 4 beautiful children.

I had DD when I was 38 and then when I was going back to work found out I was pregnant again (unplanned and total accident and natural) but this time with 3 bubs. Total shock as Tiana was only 6 months old and I was so loving her up as I had waited sooooo long for her. I had lost a baby at 17 and then m/c twice in 12 months before Tiana.

Anyway, after the initial shock that 3 babies were coming while I still had a baby (hehehe) Alex Kai & Blake were born 5 weeks early, a week before my 40th (which I had in hospital). I had asked the professor who was my ob that if all 3 boys were ok when he delivered them to please tie up those tubes of mine as I didn't want any more "accidents" as I was truely scared of what I would maybe do next pregnancy!!!

There are twins on both sides of the family so we thought we would miss out - but no.

They are great kids and I am blessed (though some days don't feel like it!)

Glad I found all you sane and inspiring woman too BTW.

Edited by banassie

frazzled

Hi....I`m Kathryn and have 8 children....the eldest turns 21 next week and the youngest is 2, born when I was 43.5. I`m so enjoying being at home with just my 'baby', relishing every minute with her as I know how incredibly quickly they grow up.

Sometimes I think I`d still love another but I have to admit that I`m scared of the reaction of friends and family, as I know there`d be horror all round! Silly really...they`ve already been horrified at probably the last 5 announcements!

I find it really hard to say 'that`s it' though, when I`m fairly confident my body can easily produce another wonder.

Am loving reading all your stories here...they are truly inspirational and I`m looking forward to hearing all your future news.

Lankysmum

Hi I'm Rosie and I'm 44 so is dh. Been together since we were 16. Married at 19 first baby at 20. He's 24 now and his sister is 22 engaged and moved to Perth a month ago. Then we had a 15 year gap. DH and I never felt the family was finished we had been not taking precautions and felt if it happenened it was meant to. It did and I remember thinking "where are we going to put a baby?" and "what are the kids going to think!" LOL. Waters broke the morning before dd's 15th birthday, wasn't due for 2 weeks, she sat at the hospital with me all day saying "you can't have this baby on my birthday!". One hour 20 minutes before midnight he arrived so she was lucky. Fast forward 2 years and yep due again. Again not sharing her birthday, he came the day after and again 2 weeks early.

So if you have followed this far 3 boys and a girl (only one this generation in our family) married to same dh for 25 years and 44 years old.

They didn't have ultrasounds as a regular thing back 24 years ago and the dr I was seeing then says to me with a week or so to go "we won't put everything away after the first one arrives" (what the!!!!!) "or I can send you for an ultrasound". I didn't bother as they were still untested and not real good anyway so I didn't feel it was worth it. Should have in hindsight he was dragged out with forceps weighing a bonny 11lb 10oz! He's 6ft 6in tall now and "lanky" thus my sig name. Oh and no there wasn't 2 in there LOL!

linnieloo62

Hi Girls :)

I have been a member of EB for a few years but am now really happy to find a place I can relate to other mums from 'my generation'.

I posted right at the end of the 'elderly mums' thread - so I have cut and pasted, and added a bit more about me.

My name is Lynn 45yrs. My DS Brad was born in 1983 when I was 21 (after being married at 19 - as you did way back then, and divorced at 25? I think it was 25? it's a long time ago LOL).

In 2002 my DP of many years and I had a 'surprise' when I discovered I was pregnant at 40. Totally unplanned. This pregnancy resulted in MC, but during the two weeks we had to wait to see if a heartbeat developed we agreed to let nature take it's course for the future, and if we fell pregnant again then so it would be.

Our 'delightful surprise' DD Alice arrived in 2003.

I often say I have two 'only' children.

I stayed home during DD's first year and DP worked fulltime - although due to a change in our circumstances I currently work full time and DP is a full time SAHD. We live in Sydney NSW :)

mattsmum06

Hi ladies im gabrielle from perth im 42.I have a 11 month old and we have been trying for no 2 since nov.seems to be taking a bit longer this time :) We are also moving to the gold coast mid year to be nearer family so if anyone lives there any ideas for nice places to live would be appreciated :tongue::tongue:

angele

Hi there

I got married at 37, had my first baby boy at 38 (3 weeks before turning 39) and then had my DD 3 months after turning 40. I seemed to have done everything from marriage to having a family in double quick time due to my aging I guess. Would love to have had another one but due to situations this has not happened which I feel really sad about. I've just turned 44 so am feeling really really old at this given time. It's nice to see "older" mums around.

Lizzicat

Hi,

I'm Liz, 40 :) and we live in country NSW. I felt at ease turning 40, very comfortable with who I am and where I'm at, not a bit like 30 when I was concerned about my aging yrs lol :tongue:

Anyway, DH and I have been together 19 yrs, but never felt the time was right for a child until 4 yrs ago. For us it was an easy process, we got pg 1st month we tried.

Apart from my MIL(who doesn't really think :evilgrin: , but once said I'm too old) I've only had 1 bad experience of being mistaken for Alex's Gran, my friends flipped at that. Most ppl say I'm fortunate that I don't even look 35 and are envious that I'm fit enough to keep up with DS.

I'm excited there are 40+ Mums here :):)

Sooz and Lauren

Hi ladies,

It is nice to read about others in the same boat isn't it?? I am 46 now. Officially I had DD when I was 42 (phew only made it by 4 weeks!) but have been with DH since I was 18!!

So no change of relationship for me - some things just take time!!! I love reading about others and imagining what it would be like for us to have more - but since it took SOOOOO long to have number 1 I guess it would take a miracle. In the mean time we keep trying until Mother Nature takes it out of our hands, which based on my now irregular and variable AF will not be that long. :(

Take care,

Bloomer

I read a lot of the boards, especially when my girls are demolishing the house around me.. But I always relish reading this one.. I love hearing I am not so unusual that there are a few others as well. The reason also is not that we all had a career and wanted children older..

I actually met a woman(in her late 20's) just after I had Grace at 42/43 and she said Oh that is so good I am going to have children in my 40's!! My response was laughter and said no way would I have planned to have children in my 40's, you may not have that choice, I was just incredibly lucky.

better go and see what my darlings are up to..

Edited by cathy40s

Raynne

matsmum06 re places on the gold Coast depends if you want to be near the water but I love the northern end of the coast particularly Paradise Point :wub: (my favourite) calm water, beach pool, playgrounds, bike paths etc perfect for kids in the 'duck streets' followed closely by Labrador and Southport.

Oh that is so good I am going to have children in my 40's!!
yep a bit of a worry. although I have inspired my sister's friend into thinking #3 she thought she was past it at 38.

All the old ladies chat to DS1 when he has bub in public and I am sure it is because they think he is the dad :lol:

I felt at ease turning 40, very comfortable with who I am and where I'm at, not a bit like 30 when I was concerned about my aging yrs lol
ikwym

Li

Hi ladies - there's an interesting article in today's Herald Sun called 'The Age of Older Mums'. It talks about the number of women 40 and over having children. They say the the figures have almost doubled in 10 years.

I don't buy all this hype about it being impossible to conceive at our age (there are some great examples of that not being the case on this board :D ) - I agree it can be more difficult but it's definitely not uncommon these days. And the reason the stats have always been so low is because in the past women had their families earlier and didn't want to have children in their 40's.

What am I getting at?? I'm about to turn 45 this month and I definitely want another baby (or babies!!). So it's all good news. :tongue:

I had my FSH tested a few weeks ago - normal....I am about to ovulate soon.....*fingers crossed* this is my month!!

Li

X

Lavenda

Hi ladies I have just written a big long post about my situation and :cry: have lost it in cyberspace.

Do you think that 45 going on 46 is too old to get pg, DP has just turned 49.

frazzled

Don`t you just hate it when that happens, Lamagenta....always the most eloquent pieces as well....

Nah, not at all too old....I`m that age and am still thinking of adding another and am quite confident it would be achievable. Do you have other children?

Bloomer

Would be nice to have babies for ever I might one day want to have 3 but I just couldn't cope right now.. though turning 47 soon.. Think I just have to make do with the 2 gorgeous ones I have..

My DH was 48 when DD2 was conceived so no not too old..