Sign in to follow this  
imagine22

friend with leukaemia; how to help

imagine22

Does anyone have any suggestions for things i can do to help (well i cant really help - but how i can make them feel supported and cared for :) ) a freind who is undergoing chemo for leukaemia.

Its one of my good friends' brother with leukaemia and i know him and his wife and kids but not really well so i dont want to intrude either. also what can I do to support my friend who is distraught about her brothers illness?

would love some suggestions or comments

thanks

JennyH

How about dropping off dinner to your friends one night, or inviting them over to dinner at your place.

As someone who is currently dealing with both PIL having cancer, having a night off cooking is a blessed relief. As is seeing friends, which is rare atm since all our time is focussed on my PIL.

As for your friends brother, ask your friends if you could help out with gardening, cooking or anything. Your friends might be helping with some of that stuff, but also more practical day to day logistics of appointments, school dropoffs etc. The other things sometimes get pushed aside. having someone come and mow the lawn, or weed the garden might lift the brothers spirits.

Lovely that you care and want to help, as PP said, many just fade away since they don't know how to handle it all.

JennyH