chloeandmaddison

Silver...

my first medal... so exciting

Edited by chloes-ma

ZachandPaigesMum
BRONZE!! Edited by zachsmummy

*~hotchocolate~*

BOOBY

Chels-Sorry to hear about your sore back. Wish i could make the pain go away for you :( .Do you get to speak to your brother very often? I have relatives that live in Scotland but my dad is the only one who can understand them (Very strong accent)so he's the only one who talks to them :blush:

Mers-Glad to hear that the BBQ was much better than your actual birthday. Our bubs have such great timing dont theyLOL.

QOTD-If Izzy wakes up before midnight then i try and settle her without feeding her. After midnight i just feed her and she goes straight back to sleep.

Sarah-Poor Zach. Hope his lip gets better quickly and its not too painfull for him.

Butterfly-I find Izzy would much rather try and eat what we have rather than eat her food IYKWIM.This is a problem though cause she is not a real good eater yet and chokes very easy :wacko: .She also prefers to eat from our hand rather than from a spoon :unsure: . Goodluck with testing. Hope Af stays away.

Jules-Anymore news on your shipment yet?

Steph-Cant help with the fear sorry! Shaq is okay with normal ballons but is scared of blow up character ballons!He runs the other way :wacko: . The Longies that Mik is wearing in the nappy thread, Did you make them? If you did then can i put an order in for some?

Renee-You always have to check when they are too quiet LOL. Lucky i havent had to deal with anything like that yet.But i did have to deal with these when Shaq was 2:

photo001-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

I think im up to date now ;) Hope i can keep it that way.

Bye for now.Jean :D

Edited by jeaniebean

ZachandPaigesMum

Guest **Slappy**

Renee - Brenna is obsessed with nappy cream and the other day I found her buck naked wiping cream all over her erm 'front bum' hehe I did take a photo but Im not going to post it on the WWW because she is naked!

Guest DBear

QOTD - Wrapping

I stopped wrapping Oliver at about 8 weeks. I started using a grobag at that time. He kept breaking free from the wrap and waking himself up.

Renee

That's pretty funny about the baby cream incident. Sorry I should laugh as I am sure the same sort of thing will happen to me one day. LOL

Me

Just gave Oliver dinner and he was really good so I decided to try some toast fingers. I found some rice bread. He was going so great and then he gagged and vomitted. Gee I hope he gets over this gag reflex soon.

BBL

Dani

senorita

hi girls :D

ok jacob officially has an obsession with creams, powders and lotions. since i last posted about the 'cream' incident, another one has occured. i put all the creams up high out of his reach, but forgot about the curash in our bathroom.

so i find mason covered in curash powder head to toe.

poor thing, he looked as white as a ghost. all over him and in his eyes, which cant be good :(

then i found jacob in the laundry cabinet with fabric softener all over the floor. grrrr, he must have been having a boring day!

jeannie: those pics r funny, at least we can laugh about it later!

rhiannon: ok, i take it it must be an age thing then, this new obsession of his hehe

Dani: sorry to hear about oliver vomiting at tea time, must be frustrating and tiring for you. i bet you love picking him up from day care, sure makes u appreciate them hey :)

well im soo pooped, counting down the hrs til these two r in bed!!

renee xo

Edited by mumoftwoboys

shoofly

Hi, im stuffed. My teaching timetable is FULLON. Im so over teaching ecosystems (two classes, with two double periods - ARGH!!!). On the up side, DH actually tidied up the house today and made a yummy dinner - that we ate at 4.30pm ??? So now im waiting for some wedges to be nice and crispy - yummo!

QOTD's

*We havent wrapped since Lola was about 6 weeks. We then went into grobags.

* We started giving Lola a dream feed when we went to tresillian. We tried dropping it but she started waking up at 4am :o So now we just give her that feed, she only takes about 100-150ml, then conks out. I am so worried about changing anything in her new routine - I (as i have said before) am loving her sleeping at night. DH is loving her day sleeps as well - he actually gets to do housework (oh, and watch tv, have a shower by himself, play games on the computer :glare: ).

Ok wedges ready, off to bum around and watch TV i have the house all to myself!!

Guest DBear

MARVELLOUS MAY MUMMIES WEIGHTLOSS CHALLENGE WEEK FIVE February 5th

Start Date - Monday 8th January

Would everyone be able to check the weights I've listed below. I have a feeling I may have some of them wrong. Please PM me and I'll fix it up.

Also I don't have weights for some of you.

Group Members, Goal & Diet

Dani (DBear) - 35kg CSIRO

Jules (comjulia123) - 20kg WW

Kristi (hollybeagle1981) - 10kg

Corrie (corri) - 5kg WW

Anni (wca) - 4kg

Jeannie (geniebottle) - 15kg WW

Kristie (kristies80) - 6kg WW

Lyn (**LYN**) - 10kg CSIRO

Meredith (mers) - 3kg by Jan 31st WW

Tara (Babyhugs) - 15kg

Renee (mumoftwoboys) - 5kg WW

Britt (brittlestar) - 10kg Low GI

Rhiannon (**Slappy**) - 30kg

Beck (~coopersmum~) - 15kg WW

Vanessa (Nessy72) - 15kg

Leanne (leamacka) - 13kg CSIRO

Rach (rachandbub) - 15kg WW

Catherine (humphreybear) - 10kg

Jean (jeaniebean) - 10kg Dr Phil's

Chelsey (Chels13) - 35kg

TOTAL WEIGHT LOST AT THE END OF WEEK FOUR (5th Feb)

Dani (DBear) - 3.0kg

Jules (comjulia123) - 3.1kg

Kristi (hollybeagle1981) -

Corrie (corri) -

Anni (wca) - 0kg

Jeannie (geniebottle) - 0kg

Kristie (kristies80) - 1.0kg

Lyn (**LYN**) - 3.6kg

Meredith (mers) - 2.2kg

Tara (Babyhugs) - 0.9kg

Renee (mumoftwoboys) - 0.9kg

Britt (brittlestar) - 2.0kg

Rhiannon (**Slappy**) - 2.0kg

Beck (~coopersmum~) - 3.5kg

Vanessa (Nessy72) - 4.0kg

Leanne (leamacka) - 1.0kg

Rach (rachandbub) - 3.9kg

Catherine (humphreybear) - 3.4kg

Jean (jeaniebean) - 4.0kg

Chelsey (Chels13) - 3.5kg

Edited by DBear

~ZiggyStardust~

Evening all

Wow, the weather sure is funny here tonight... It's kinda trying to rain, on and off, and it's been stormy and there is lightning around, and Jack's going crazy, wearing himself out though :rolleyes: Must be a full moon LOL!

Well I officially now think Jack is ignoring us telling him No, he no longer takes any notice, grrrhhhh....

Renee - glad things are ok around your area!

Rach - yeah, I say all the time, if I was younger and single LOL, my brother and his gf are in London for a year, and DH and I both say, wouldn't it be great to go over.....

QOTD - I still wrap Jack when he is unsettled, and it works a treat, I only stopped wrapping him a few months ago anyway, he always gets out of his wrap and sleeps with it around him, but I don't mind wrapping him at times, most times he's in a grobag, but the embarrasing thing is, :blush: his wrap is bright pink!!! Bright pink you say .... well, believe it or not, it's the only one big enough to fit around him, my SIL gave it to me to borrow cause she has a baby girl, but I haven't given it back!!! :laugh: He'd be lost without it, it brings out his feminine side :p

Jean - the pics of Shaq are great!! Is the second one talcum powder?? :D

I speak to my brother by email as much as I can, I just got a webcam - not set up yet - so he can see Jack grow, and I speak to him and his gf on their mobile as much as I can....!

Bugger bugger - DH just layed Jack on the floor with a bottle, and he's spinning it round everywhere, and the lid comes off, and it's everywhere :o all over the floorboards, the rug, him, grrrrhhh, big clean up <_< Now he's in his cot crying, DH has gone in to try and settle him....

BBL

ellacy

I am so tired.... I think tomorrow will be a nice relaxing day - oh after mothers group of course!!

QOTD - I stopped wrapping Ella when she was 5 months old. She was seriously addicted and would not sleep without it. Trouble was she kept getting out and it was causing her to wake constantly thru the night then i had to fight her to re-wrap her. I decided it was enough when one night she had it around her neck!

Sarah - Poor Zach, hope he's little mouth feels better soon. Im so not looking forward to all the "accidents" they'll be having now they are much more mobile.

Dani - I hope Oliver's gag reflex settles soon. One of the babies at my mothers group sounds very similar to Oliver - he has alot of trouble with being allergic to foods and also has a really bad gag reflex.. i wonder if the two things are related??

Renee - Glad to hear the fires have subsided abit. Lol about Jacob and the cream/powder.. poor Mason but I couldnt help but chuckle at this poor baby not being able to stick up for himself and just having to sit there and cop it - although im sure he was having a ball at the time too..lol :D

Steph - Wow ive never heard of having a fear of balloons - must be hard when every party you'd go to would have them. Good on you for trying to conquer your fear for Miky's sake..

Sorry everyone else ive only just skimmed the last couple of posts in this new thread. Its hard during these two days to catch up, will BB tomorrow. Maybe then I'll have my brain into gear to do better personals.

P.S. My QOTD - Like Renee I also had a rule that no bottle before 5am, i think its just being back at work that I wanna settle her so i can get some sleep.. I did try for over an hour both nights to settle her and normally she doesnt have a during the night bottle. if it happens tonight ill give the water a go.

Nighty night chickies...

~ZiggyStardust~

Hellooooo

Kristie - yay on finishing work for the week! :D

We are just sorting out our 'new budget' and Luke is trying very hard to be the bank manager LOL, but seriously, this is what we needed....

I ended up giving Jack another bottle, only half, but cause he spilt the other one, I figured he'd need another...

It has been pouring down all night, it's still raining but not as bad, and it's predicted at 30 tomorrow, I hope not...

Taking Jack swimming again so that should be fun!!!

BBL or tomorrow!

Chels

***jules***

QOTD - Ella has neer been wrapped. As a newborn she had her arms out in minutes so we just never bothered.

I have two quick questions I have been meaning to ask so thought I'd duck in b4 dinner:

1) Anyone got any ideas about something I can put around my neck for Ella to play with when she has a bottle. She is constantly pulling at my chain and diamond pendant but I just can't think of anything??

2) If bubs have toio much yoghurt does it give them an upset tummy? Ella had two yoghurts today and yesterday and she has had really runny gross explosive poos which she never does?? Sorry to gross you all out around tea time!

Will BBL for personals

~MaidenWarrior~

Jules - Yoghurt shouldn't give babies an upset tummy, because it is full of good bacteria, and full of lots of other good stuff (sorry, I'm so tired I can barely think straight). I think Acidophilus is the word I'm trying to use. Anyway Hunter has the same sort of poo from yoghurt.

I am stuffed, had a pretty full on evening, cooking dinner, Dh was at touch footy (which typically took 3 hours) and Hunter being a whingy pot. Over it, Over it, Over it. I've had Hunter all day basically without a break, I just need dh to come home in the afternoon and take over, but sometimes he just doesn't get it. I'm sure YKWIM.

Anyway I will hopefully get to post more tomorrow.

Britt xx

TazzieD

hi girls

I've been off line for a few days again. Work is busy and yesterday was DH's birthday. We spent the day looking at swimming pool displays as we are going to put a pool in.

Jules, I wondered if yoghurt was causing Milly probs at one point too, but we cut it out and it made no difference. I am SURE that teething causes Milly to have a dodgy bott so maybe thats it?

Britt I hope you have a better day tomorrow. Was it just one of those days?

Chels enjoy swimming tomorrow. I love swimming! :) With Jack, have you tried "stop" rather than no? I use that most of the time as it is less negative IMO.

Jeannie, I hope you enjoy your night alone! Isn't it wonderful having "me" time. And if the dreamfeed works then I say do it! It took me until Milly was 6 months to be brave enough to drop the dream feed.

Does anyone live in Melbourne? I have to come down for work so will fly DH and Milly down for the weekend (first weekend in March I think or maybe second. Any ideas on what we can do as a family?? I am sure there are heaps of things!

Rhiannon, Brenna sounds like such a cute girl! Funny how creams and so on become an obsession.

Dani, I hope Oliver gets over the gag thing soon too. At least you know he can feed himself! Thats awesome. How is the daycare going?

ok, BBL got loads to catch up on! Maybe not tonight though...

TazzieD

LOL! Erin, I can just picture that too! hehehe (sorry!)

BTW I meant to say thanks girls for all your thoughts about trying to solve the issues with my IL's. To be honest I don't think it will be resolved but I will move on for Milly's sake. Thank you also for all your kind wishes for DH's birthday. I think he had a good day (I tried anyway!)

gotta go to bed now,

take care

Shari

**LYN**

Hi girls!

Just popping in with my "I'm still alive" post. Work was busy this week and I had no time at all for EB so I am starting fresh from this thread.

Dani Max has the same problem with his gag reflex. He threw up his entire dinner last night after a big gag. I am really over it! Maybe it does have something to do with the allergies? Oliver and Max are so similar it always amazes me.

QOTD I still occasionally wrap Max when he is really unsettled but that happens less and less now. He always sleeps so well when I do wrap him. It's the only time he has a 3 hr day sleep.

QOTD2 As a general rule I won't feed Max between 7pm and 6am but I did the other night when he wouldn't settle after an hour and I had tried water. He was just really hungry that night.

I'll try and get back later with some recent pics. My blog hasn't been updated in weeks and I desperately need a new sig. I miss my computer time :(

Lyn

ellacy

Good morning girls,

I feel abit more refreshed today - got to sleep in till 7:15am.. yey (well after giving Ella a bottle at 5am but then back to sleep!) Its funny cause i use to think that was early but since being back at work and having to get up at 6am, anything after 7 is pure bliss!!

Erin - How exciting bout your friend getting married. Matron of honour is so much fun, but such hard work too. My sis is getting married in 1 month and Im her matron of honour - its full on! Cute photos

Shari - I think Im pretty much the only one from Melb. Where abouts are you going to be staying? I'll try and think of some stuff for you to do. (although i must admit im probably not the best person to ask - we're pretty boring..lol)

Britt - Its amazing how when DH isnt there you realise that they actually do do something when they get home..lol.. last week my DH was out till 9:30pm so i was home all day by myself, then had to do the whole dinner, bath, bottle, bed thing by myself. I was stuffed by the end of it. I really enjoy my "me" time while DH is bathing Ella etc.. its good for the both of us. he gets daddy/daughter time and i get a break... (even if it is cleaning up after dinner..lol)

Chels - Have fun at swimming today.

Lyn - Its so hard trying to keep up with EB being back at work isnt it? Its just good to hear about "you" even if you dont have time for personals.

Well the weather is much cooler today then it has been in recent weeks - thank god. Much better for sleeping, and snuggling of an evening ;) But Ella seems to like it better too. I use to be a fan of the hot weather till i had Ella but now i know it means a cranky baby!!

We have mothers group this morning, then this arvo am doing all the washing/cleaning i couldnt do while at work. I have a friend coming over in the late arvo so wanna get it all done by then.

Just had to get something out and ask your opinions:

Its my besties birthday on the weekend and she wants to go clubbing on Saturday night (oh she and pretty much all my friends are childless that will be going). The thing is its in the city which is about an hour from my place, they are gonna wanna party all night till what is probably the time Ella gets up in the morning and of course im gonna be a party pooper and want to leave earlier. Which means ill have to get a taxi all the way home by myself (we live just out the suburbs so some very dark,lonely roads) so im not comfortable doing that. Also they wanna meet in the city so ill have to get there by myself. Im thinking i might just drive but i know she's gonna be all like - no drink, drink dont spoil it..blah blah... i just dont know what to do???? Dh is staying home with Ella and obviously will be home on Sunday to help with her but I dont wanna be completely stuffed and hungover...

Sorry for the ramble just had to get it off my chest!

BBL

~Rebekah~

I am another one that just can't keep up so I apologise in advance for not attempting as many personals as I used too. Life is just so busy at the moment, I seem to have something on every day and of a night now I am trying not to get on here and spend time with DH because we really need to start working on our relationship with each other as apposed to our relationship as parents. We have decided that once every fortnight we are going to go out and have dinner and then go for a few drinks afterwards or go see a movie and leave Cooper with Mum. We really need to start spending some time 'baby free' and getting to know each other again. Not that things have been terrible it's just that I feel if we let things slide to much and get too comfortable things will go down hill.

Cooper finally started saying Dadda yesterday. Gee it's cute. When he woke this morning he was saying it again and it just melts my heart. DH is over the moon as you can imagine. His latest trick is that he makes a clicking noise with his tongue. It's very cute. You can hear him coming now because he does it as he is crawling around the place.

So I gave in and started giving Cooper Milk Arrowroot biscuits as a treat and he loves them. Just so that you know the branded Milk Arrowroot ones have loads more sugar than the cheap brand. I think the ones I got were Homebrand from Coles. They don't have anywhere near as much sugar as the brand names.

QOTD I stopped wrapping Cooper at about 3/4 months from memory. He was wrapped from newborn and then when he was about 3 weeks old he started trying to get out of it and it was waking him up so I stopped wrapping him. Then a few weeks later I decided to start doing it just for his day sleeps because he was cat napping and I thought it might help him sleep better. Which it did and we just did it for the day sleeps and he went into his Grobag of a night. Then it just got too hot for either and we stopped it altogether.

QOTDIf Cooper wakes anytime before midnight I won't feed him because usually he just has some wind or I give him bonjella if his teeth are hurting him. Then if he does night wake it's usually about 4am anyway so he comes in with us and I just feed him, we both fall back asleep that way so it's easier. Then again last night he woke at about midnight and I was in such a deep sleep that I just brought him into us and he slept with us for the rest of the night.

BBL, Cooper needs his breakfast :)

chloeandmaddison

Just a quicky as I'm still reading....

Jules: have a look at a store on Ozebaby called Lady Beads that have feeding necklaces I've been thinking of getting one to just to keep Chloe focased insteaded of trying to look around the room when feeding.

http://www.ozebaby.com.au/store.php?SS=13

Guest DBear

Britt

I know how you feel. I am over Oliver by the time DH gets home. He is just so high maintence from 5pm onwards. DH doesn't get home until 7pm these days. DH wants to bath Oliver but I end up having to do it as it is often the only thing that calms Oliver down. He all of a sudden forgets he is tired when he's playing in the bath.

Shari

Oliver is going well at daycare. He doesn't seem to miss me which is a little sad but really it's such a good thing. How is Milly going at daycare? She's only going on Fridays isn't she?

That's exciting that you're heading down to Melbourne.

It's sad that your ILs are not very nice people.

Lyn

I am going to be just like you in a couple of weeks. I won't have much time for personals either. I agree Max and Oliver are just so similar. I have been wondering whether the gag relex is to do with the allergies. I am going to keep persisting with finger foods. I might try banana tonight as that might be better than the toast.

Kristie

Yay for the sleep in. I will be feeling the same as you in a couple of weeks.

Your friends party - I think you should drive (maybe it's the old fogue (sp) in me saying that!!! LOL). At least you'll be making an apperance and you can leave when you want to. If she's a real friend she will understand. I think sometimes people who don't have kids just don't understand that life changes once you have a baby and that's just a fact of life. I am sure though it won't be much fun being the only sober one. Just think though you definitely dont' want to be hungover with a baby wanting your attention on Sunday unless DH can take care of Ella for you.

Beck

That's great that you are DH are going to spend some quality time together. DH and I need to do the same thing as although our relationship is great I don't want to get into a rut either.

Well I'd best be off as I have heaps of things to do while Oliver's not here to day. I'm going to tidying up our extra bedroom to make is a good place to study in.

Have a great day everyone.

Dani

***jules***

Lauren - thanks heaps - off to have a look now!

-Screamapillar-

Hi Girls

Just popping in to say hello.

Have been really busy with the boys lately, we had Prestons christening on the weekend also. I have had a icky tummy bug :sick: If it hangs around much longer I'll head of to the doctor's. It's nothing too bad just some head spins and nausea(sp?) Might just need to drink a bit more water with the heat.

Preston's doing well, will have to weigh him but he feels pretty similar to Clayty's weight :o Down to about 2 feeds a night 10 and 3ish which is excellent. I am a sucker and offer him comfort boobie. Still has about 50 a day.

He's trying to stand up constantly and into everything.

That's about all for now, hopefully I will get back later tonight for some personal's. Hope all is well :) (I have been reading)

Edited by stirkykitty