emmando

**** MUMS after INFERTILITY PROBS #38 ****

emmando

Yeay - first time ever for me to be first. Merry Christmas :biggrin:

Em

OOps sorry too excited to be first ive forgotten everything in the other thread!

Airedale - wow i think im way off. I previously thought you were on W road. Am i being too cautious but this is the www and dont want to go into tooo much specifics IYKWIM. So its either Bach or Beethoven. Hmmnn me guessing Beethoven as Toby's best friend lives in Bach and its very small and have met most of the neighbours. As for your next clue. I wasnt born blond but am now.

Oh and BTW OMG Charlotte and Anna are VERY similar! In fact Toby saw your post with her piccie in it and he thought it was Charlotte!!!!! Charlotte has slightly straighter hair and is maybe slightly blonder but that may be the pic - must show you a more recent one of her so see what you think.

Ill go back through the other thread and post others later.

Still havent got the scanner working but will hopefully this weekend

I am pretty much ready for Chrissy. The only thing left for me to do is clean the oven (which i may or may not bother with) so for once im pretty prepared :)

BBL for personals

Em

kaboo

:biggrin: Hi there!!!

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas time with your kiddos. I think they will really enjoy it this year, especially the toddlers.

Annie - CONGRATS!!

I've been offline for the past few days because I've been sick with 24/7 m/s. Going to work has been hard and I took the day off yesterday and went to the on call dr (my regular GP cancelled my original appt) and I'm able to take my migraine anti-nausea pills for m/s as they are safe in pg. They seem to be helping. Thank goodness as I didn't know how I could cope with a family Xmas otherwise.

I only just did the kids pressies yesterday. Went to Castle Towers and hit Target and Uncle Petes and got everything within an hour and a half. Didn't help that my mum copped out and asked me to get the kids presents from her. But I got it done - I had a horrible anxiety dream the night before about waking up on Xmas Day with no pressies and having to lie to the kids about Santa being delayed :blush: (Liam is big into Santa) - so I had to get it all done.

Now I just have to do the food shopping and I'm done. Dh is going to get his own pressies because he is fussy and I don't have the energy to go hunting something for him.

Anyway - wishing you all a very merry christmas!!! :biggrin:

anzacgirl

And a Merry Christmas from me to all the wonderful, gorgeous gals on here, I do not post nearly enough, or express how much you all are such a valued part of my life.

*slinks/staggers/slides off into corner to have another drink*

love love love

emmando

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

lol anzacgirl - hope you had a good night (i certainly did and am paying for it now)

Andy - that sucks with the ms. Glad you got all your shopping done so quickly though but not happy with your mummy for not helping you - i'd give her a piece of coal ;)

The kidlets have had an amazing chrissy morning with only 1 false start at 3. The trampoline is a huge hit and ive even had a turn. Am wondering whether TTC#3 may be more successful on there ;)

My b/f has just been referred to IVF starting in the new year so am very happy that things will now move forward for her.

Anyway better go as i have the hoards arriving soon and the house looks like it has been hit by a truck full of toys and wrapping paper!

love to you all

Em

HURRY UP

YvetteE

Hi Everyone,

Just a really quick one from me tonight! Just wanted to say that I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! We had a ball!

Annie - Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! When is your due date?

Em and Kerry - So nice to see you both back!

Hi to everyone else!

Take care and talk soon.

emmando

LOL at Kerry slinking back in ;) Im not sure Charlotte knew what was going on but enjoyed it anyway. Mind you every Santa she saw she would say "dadda" - because he wears glasses but as you can imagine im still taking the mickey big time with DH. Next year im thinking it will be more of a pressie frenzy and they will definately be more excited. What did Megan get from Santa? Charlotte and Toby got a 10ft tramp with the net and it is a huge success :)

Well Charlotte broke her big toe on christmas day and we are not even sure how she did it. She sooked for a while and then just screamed for 2 and a half hours. (i dont mean sooked nastily but it wasnt like she broke it and started screaming immediately it suddenly got a lot worse when it swelled up) I had a huge dilemma of whether to take her to casualty or not as they really will only say take panadol and keep her weight off it which we were doing anyway. Sooo we didnt take her and it was the right decision but did feel a bit mean and upset because she was so distressed. We spend last christmas morning down casualty with DH after DS got a golf club from Santa and DH was teaching him how to swing and standing behind him duH!!!! So next year fingers crossed no injuries.

Its pretty quiet in here isnt it?????

So who is making any NY resolutions. Me yet again giving up smoking. God i sound like a broken record.

Em

HURRY UP

hiyas

Thanks Yvette for the welcome back. My mind still boggles how you manage your family and working, super woman I think. :biggrin:

Em, ouuuccchhh to Charlottes big toe, hopefully no accidents next christmas. GL with the NY resolution, every year mine is to get more exercise. I gave up smoking about 5 years ago so I sympathise how hard it is.

For chrissy DD got a supermarket shopping set which is really good and she loves it, actually she loves all her presents which is great. A doll and stroller, easel blackboard and whiteboard/painting, books, elmo bedtime, tipper truck, playdough, crayons, torch, (from all the family not just us LOL) That is a huge list and her birthday is next month!!! Thinking of getting a bike with a parent handle.

It is quiet in here, I think there are some lucky ladies off on holiday :rolleyes:

Kerry

JuSoJaRa

Well a belated Merry Christmas from the JuSoJaRa family!!! Sorry I have been MIA but life has been sooooo hectic! We had a quiet Christmas. Just us and MIL. Which was nice. Sophie had a blast ripping wrapping paper off all her presents. Overall the girls weren't too spoiled this year. $$$ are tight so we didn't go overboard and considering they both have birthdays so close after Christmas it makes it even harder financially. Speaking of birthdays....

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY JULIA!!

So instead of a big Christmas we had all the family gather for dinner last night for Julia's birthday. She had a great day! Sophie was put into bed at 9.15pm (usually she's in bed by 8) and Julia was not in bed until 10.30! :o But both girls had an awesome time. I will post some photo's as soon as I download them. Julia got a 'new' bedroom for her birthday. She got a new doona cover set, curtains, cushions etc. It now looks so much more grown up. I guess she's so much more grown up. I cannot believe she's 6 - where does the time go? Sophie will be 2 in 3 weeks - where've my babies gone :( I feel a bit sad the babyhood is so quickly disappearing, knowing that this is it - there's no more babies for us. But on the other hand I am enjoying having fun with them as they grow up. I think I just have to enjoy each moment and not waste time mourning what's gone or I'll never enjoy my kids.

Ok, nuff navel gazing from me. We're off to take Julia shopping to spend the money she was given as gifts for her birthday.

I promise I'll pop in more often now.... :blush:

P.S. Welcome back Em and my due date buddy kerryj - nice to see you again!!

:) Rach

HURRY UP
Happy Birthday Julia

Rach glad to here you had a good christmas. I'm with you - where does the time go!!! Our little babies will be 2 soon, AAAARRRRGH!!!!
What colour is Julia's new bedroom?

I have finally worked out how to post decent sized pics,so here are a couple. The first one was taken professionally, thankfully we only had to pay for the pics we wanted as DD was not happy about having her photo taken and this is the only one we got!

MeganNov06.jpg

this is self explanatory (no she didn't like santa LOL)
christmas.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great week
Any plans for the New Year celebrations?

Kerry :biggrin: Edited by kerryj

kaboo

HI guys - hope you all enjoyed and survived Christmas

Happy Birthday Julia!!

Dh has taken my boys away to Canberra for two days so I'm home alone having some time to myself and a bit of a rest. I didn't feel up to the trip and having to pretend I feel okay so I get to stay home.

Christmas was really nice. The boys had a great time. Santa brought Xav a baby doll and highchair and he loves dragging them around. He also loves the Dr Who Tardis we bought for Liam! Luckily Liam is too absorbed by his Nintendo DS to worry too much.

We are going away for a week to the beach next week - can't wait!

Grubb

Morning girls........

Just a qick post from me as I am on FIL computer! All I really wanted to tell you all is that I am having a sh*t time away in freezing cold tassie! I think I may have had too high expectations of this holiday - I am bored and all the rellies are doing my head in!

Last night I was ready to pack my bags and come home on the next flight -DH and I were fighting cause apparently I am whinging too much - yes, I have been but only cause I am over it - his family are so boring!

Thank god my mum and dad are down here too - at every opportunity I have I am out with them. I won't go on anymore but I will say that we did have an ok xmas day....Hugo got lots of pressies (mind you the family finally opened all the pressies at about 9am - this was while I was in the shower - NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!)

Bring on next Thursday so I can go home.............All I asked for was that we had a good NYE but even that is now going to be crap - the SIL's and BIL's all thought that $40 for a ticket to the taste of Tassie was too much.......aaarrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh - they are all a bunch of hill billies......I may just end up going out with my parents now as the others are not wanting to do anything......stay tuned!

Even DH's mum is never home - WTF we came al the way down here to spend time with them and they are treating us like we aren't even here...........

Sorry to whinge gilrs but I just had to vent to someone!! I have cried alot this week and it doesn't help that my poor little boy isn't too well thanks to the cold weather - xmas day he vomited alot but now he just has the green nose and very whingey!!!!!

Rach - I am glad Miss Julia had a nice b'day - give her a big cuddle from the Grubbs!

kerry welcome back and EM it is great to see you posting so often! Not good about Charlottes toe though!

Better go!!!

Sorry for whinging again!

Edited by Grubb

HURRY UP

Oh dear Grubb, I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a crap holiday. Hopefully at least the weather should improve over the weekend. Do you have a car you can use and do some day trips which will at least get you away from the rellies and you get to see some of the beautiful countryside. I think Tassie is a beautiful state :biggrin: Hopefully MYE will turn out to be a blast.

My lovelly MIL has offered to have DD on NYE, so off to a party we will be going-very excited about that. :biggrin:

Back to work this arvo for me which is very depressing. So if I don't get back on here before Monday I hope everyone has a wonderful and Happy New Year. :biggrin:

Take care

Kerry :rolleyes:

kaboo

Poor Grubb - sounds horrible. I hate staying with the inlaws, although I would have liked to have seen MIL's face when SIL and her girlfriend told her that SIL is pg via donor IUI. MIL is a big Catholic and I think she is in denial that SIL is actually a lesbian and is probably trying to figure out how she is going to explain the baby with no father to her catholic womens' group.

I am off to my GP to get my test results and referral letter for the OB.

JuSoJaRa

ROFPMSL!!!! Andy that is seriously funny!! I cannot post anymore cos I am laughing too hard!! Yay for your SIL :tongue:

Seriously I have to go and cook for my hungry hoard but I'll pop back later....

:) Rach

Grubb

Grubb update....

been out all day and had a great time! We are suing MIL's car but as we all know it is still hard to get out and about all day as small child needs a sleep somewhere along the line!

We have been at the taste of tas all day and I am half cut - so am a happy Grubb!

Hugo loved his apple pie icecream!!!!!

back later

Airedale

Oh Mish, I had to chuckle at your description of Christmas and your time in Tassie. I love Tassie, though, I know that I would be feeling exactly the same way as you if Anna's Christmas presents were opened when I was in the shower - I would be very very cross and cranky and DH wouldn't hear the end of it !!

DH and I bushwalked around Tassie over Christmas about 10 years ago - had a winter wonderland at Walls of Jerusalam (yep, it snowed :blush: ) and a huge night in Hobart/Constitution dock at New Years Eve... that was a blast. In fact....I was wearing my Taste of Tassie t-shirt to bed last night :unsure:

Christmas was good, though it was too busy trying to fit everyone in. My Step-Mother did a degustation meal for Christmas dinner....... 7 courses with different wines. She did a very good job but dinner went for aaaaaagggges with Christmas pudding not starting until midnight. We didn't get home until 2am and then I had to be in the city to have my blood test at 7am which didn't count for much sleep. Anna passed out at about 10pm and she was a dream sitting happily at the table then crashing in her pram holding my Mum's hand.

Will post some photos later of Anna's Christmas presents. Might have to purchase some carbon neutral energy (plant trees to offset carbon output)to account for all the energy used to make Anna's plastic toys !!!!

DH has started 'Kenny' DVD so best be off.

Andy, how did your appointment go today ?

Kate x

Grubb

Morning......

Our holiday is getting better each day....I think that everyone may have been a bit stressed over the xmas period and have now kind of calmed down! My MIL is normally such a sweetheart but she hasn't been up until yesterday when DH had a chat with her......My SIL is also staying here as her and DH's brother have moved over from Perth last week - so house overload....she too has been a bit upset with MIL so needless to say we are all alot happier now!

Last night we went to the taste of Tas again and had a ball.....MIL looked after Hugo - we sat with a table full of Brissie people! Tonite we are going to another SIL's place which should be fun - her boyfriend is a real card (anyone know the antique guy off the collectors on ABC...scottish lad!!!)Looking forward to sipping on JANSZ.....yep thats my favourite Tassie champs....

Kate.....we too watched Kenny yesterday - it seems like its the flavour of the month at the moment as both my mum and MIL got it for xmas! Loking forward to seeing some photos of Hugo's main woman with her chrissie pressies! God love her - holding your mums hand while snoozing! Hugo fell asleep at the taste the day before yesterday - now that is a first - you know how noisy it is there.........He is being such a good little boy .......!

My little brother (25yrs) did something really stupid on Boxing day - he lost his two front teeth - yes he was drunk and fell over.......they have patched them up until next week - they are thinking around $5000........ouuuuccchhhh! I do feel sorry for him though - mum isn't happy though as you can imagine!

Well girls even though I am in another state I am still finding time to post so where are you all......!

Speak to you all again in 2007!!!!!!

~Chrissie~

Hello Lovelies!

Happy New Year!!!!! I finally have my broadband back, and feel like I'm in the land of the living again! Dial-up speed was just too slow for me so I've been in www exile for a week!!!!

We had a lovely Xmas, lots of family and friends and bubbles...I think the latter accounted for the lack of stress!!! The kids had a ball, they got some great stuff, Ella now has two new dolls and a little stroller that she spends most of her day pushing around the house. Jarrod got a little CD player so he's a DJ in the making now.

Hope you all had a great NYE - we had a quiet one at home, which was lovely.

Well I'll keep this short for now, the kids are going nuts (Jarrod is hyoed up on music and Ella is hyped down on panadol - she's cutting an eye tooth or two :ohmy: ) so I'd better get them some lunch.

All the best for 2007 everyone!

Love and hugs

Chrissie

xxx

kaboo

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Just a quick one from me as we are off on a holiday after lunch and I still have to pack - and clean up. We are going down the south coast until next Monday.

See you when I get back!

anzacgirl

Hi all, not much to report from me, had a lovely Christmas and New Year with my little family, and was surprisingly very spoilt by Anzacboy. We had a strict rule about $$ spent on each other and he broke his whoppingly.

He is back at work today so I should be able to get on a little bit more.

I have missed you all.

Back later.

JuSoJaRa

Hi Everyone! And a Happy New Year to you all!! :laugh:

Sadly, there's no happiness in my little house ATM. Due to a total and utter lack of slepp....

OK - Miss Sophie has always been the worst sleeper ever but I thought by now she would have settled down. We changed her into a bed just before Christmas because I thought she might sleep better with more room (she moves about a lot at night). I was also told that now that we have her ear problems sorted out her nighttime waking should settle down. Well no such luck.

This is causing all sorts of problems in my house. Firstly, I am so tired I have no time for DH and am always snapping at him. He's tired too cos he gets up and helps so he's on edge too. All in all a bad combo for our marriage. Secondly, with PND being tired doesn't help AT ALL and I am starting to feel very out of control again - a place I do not want to go back to. Thirdly, I feel so resentful towards Sophie. I know it's not really her fault but I can't seem to not blame her. And lastly, poor Julia cops it from our short tempers and also misses out on doing fun stuff with me cos I am forever fobbing her off due to the bone deep utter tiredness that I have every single day.

Sophie wakes usually about 11pm. She screams (yes, she screams not cries) and we have tried ignoring her, control crying (screaming!), comfort settling, getting her a drink, everything. Nothing seems to help. Every now and then she sends us a curve ball and sleeps all night usually she does this once a week.

Sorry this one is all about me but I just need to spill my guts cos I am going mad. If any of you with older bubs have any advice send it my way PLEASE :blink:

Rach

~*Cherie*~

Hi girls ,

Just popping in to say hi , am back from a week up north.Took Jaxon to australia Zoo and he loved it!

We had a great xmas but a quiet New yr,i was in bed by 10 :ph34r: just can't handle late nights anymore!

Have to go out today but will be back later with some personals but in the meantime,Rach i hope things are improving at home for you since you posted,thinking of you ,have you thought of putting her back in the cot?Has all this started once you put her into a bed?Sorry i'm, not much help.

Have a great day all

Edited by wenjax

Megs71

Merry Xmas, Happy New Year and all that jazz. Not exactly back on track yet. Been away with the kids for 11 days straight, have shipped them off to kindy today and need time to get some stuff done, so will only post one thing.

Wenjax, you mean to tell me you were up my way and you didn't call?????? How rude !!!! :biggrin: Ok, gotta fly. Lots of gossip. huge family fight on Xmas Day.....as in DH's family....all the jealousy etc came out and it was on !!! Really have work to do, back later in the week, maybe next week. Have the Grubbs coming to stay the night on Saturday night and will endeavour to twist their arms to play Singstar. Will try and take photos.

JuSoJaRa

Not much from me today - suffice to say that damn black dog is back under my feet again (ie - my PND is back with a vengence, never went away really..) and I am not coping at all. I hate this. :sad: :mad: :sad:

Rach