Sign in to follow this  
Laney

** Tough Nuts - #23 **

Laney

Tracy

How beautiful do you look :smile::smile:

That dress is perfect you can barely even see your belly until you pull your dress tight. Gosh you just look so lovely :)

:biggrin: :laugh::smile:Merry Christmas to all :biggrin: :laugh::smile:

Laney

Laney

I have a great 3 d image from my scan today, is it hard to load an image onto here??

Romeo Void

LadyBump66

Hi Ladies,

Tania so nice to hear from you and hear taht Nadia is doing well - and thanks also to the lurkers who dropped in to see my wedding pics. Hi X, hope all is well with you, its nice to see you pop up from time to time.

Laney oh my goodness, you must be enormous! You poor thing. I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable. How may weeks are you actually now anyway? Do let us know whats going on in there?

To post a photo, you need to have it hosted somewhere (thats what i do anyway) Go to photobucket.com and you can start an account for free. Then upload your pics. There will be an "IMG code" listed underneath your pic and you paste this code in to your message where you want to post photo. When you preview the post you will see that the code suddenly becomes the image. We'd love to see the 3D image....

I had a checkup on Saturday - not much to report, (which is a good thing) all normal and measuring 29 weeks unlike poor Laney! Will hear about the results from the diabetes test in next few days.

Hope you all had a lovely christmas and have a happy new year! Its a little BBQ and maybe a few sips of champers for us tonight with some friends (one of whom is pregnant too).

Heres to the 2007 babies!

xx

Edited by tracy66

Laney

Tracy

Thanks for the instructions, now hope it works... Can you alter the size at all??

Tania

So wonderful to hear from you and the lovely Nadia. I hope you are cherishing every moment...

My OB is back saw him Wednesday. Thank goodness for that. We discussed trying to get me to very early Feb, which would be great, just depends how I cope. He did say he'd consider 36 weeks if I was really struggling. I am now 33 weeks.

Not much else happened, even though my heartburn is getting worse again, he can't up my zantac anymore, I'm on the maximum dose.. Oh well...

I'm still measuring 40 weeks this week, so at least that hasn't changed. I go again Monday as I'm now weekly...

He isn't going to do the steroid shots unless I go into labour on my own soon. Apparently from 34 weeks there isn't much to be gained from the shots and also the newest research says that there could be some eye problems with babies who've had quite a few of the injections.

So there we go :)

I am also having a lot of braxton hicks now??? Sometimes they are like 4 and 5 minutes apart, does that seem ok???

Well here is a pic of our little chubby cheeked boy:

BABY32wks-1.jpg

hugs

Edited by Laney

Romeo Void

Awww Laney what an adorable ultrasound pic. Just look at those cheeks and his cute little hand next to his face, just gorgeous. I can't wait to see him in real life....so to speak LOL.

xxx

Tania

Skink

Hi Girls

Will be back a bit later to read through all your posts and check up on how you're going but just wanted to let you know that my little guy is finally here.

Ethan Michael was born last Friday via emergency c-section after induced labour went a bit pear shaped. All is well though and he is utterly utterly divine. 7lb 15oz.

Seriously sleep deprived at the moment but just so happy.

Hugest hugs.

Lee

PS. Laney, love the 3D scan pic. He looks like a beautiful big boofy boy. So gorgeous.

StillRoz

OMG Laney - he is DIVINE!!! How cuuuuuute!!

Congrats to Skink!

Tracy - how dare you look so glamorous when you're pg?!?! I can't remember if you know what you're having, but in my family they'd say you're having a boy (because you look so good). I looked trashed when I was pg and went on to have girls both times (as predicted by all my old Italian aunts!!!).

TaniaD - great to hear that little Nadia is going so well. Can you believe how you love them more and more as each day goes by?

Hiya to everyone else

LadyBump66

Oh yippeee some big news in our forum. Congratulations Lee, cant wait to hear more details!

Laney your little man looks just adorable. Its so soon now until you meet him in the flesh! I have resisted getting a sneak peak at ours with a 3D scan but cant wait to know what he looks like. He's getting more and more visibly active every day! Hubby was entranced watching my tummy bouncing like a trampoline the other night. I am starting to see and feel bits of him sticking out at odd angles as he gets more cramped in there. I've had a few BHs too sometimes a couple quite close together and then nothing for days.

Roz yes I am having a boy and people keep telling me I look like I am carrying one too. Lucky me guess! its a pretty neat bump and I feel very well too.

Have entered into stage where I'm peeing all night now. Am getting used to interrupted sleep. I dont seem to fall properly asleep until dawn when all the pee has run out and Its almost time for the alarm anyway. Most annoying. Going to bed early doesnt help as it just means more pee breaks. I stop drinking after about 7.30 but doesnt make a huge amount of diff. Any other tips?

Hi Tania and Nadia...

Bye for now...

Laney

Lee

A huge congratulations to you. Are you going to share the birth story?? I bet you are enjoying every minute with your little man, and so you should... :smile::smile:

Roz

Hi there, how are you? Bet your enjoying your little one :smile:

Tracy

Oh don't you love having to pee all night :blink: Can't I just have a catheter inserted for the nights :blush:

My check up was uneventful today. DS is keen for this LB to come out we keep telling him another few weeks yet :rolleyes:

hugs

Laney

Redonk

Hi tough nuts.

Sorry to barge in on your BG but I'm desperate for advice from ACers.

Please see this thread.

LadyBump66

Hi Laney, sorry you are feeling so uncomfortablepoor love. Hang in there, you are so close, and I know you wnat that little man to stay put for at least a couple of weeks. I hopeyou are able to rest lots and that DH is looking after you. You're not working are you?

All still pretty uneventful for me. Am also getting more heavy and uncomfortable from time to time but pretty good really. A bit hot at night but have managed to get the night trips to the loo down to about 3-4 a night so am getting more sleep.

I have my next appt this Friday and then they are 2 weeks apart so maybe more to tell.

have been doing some research into the cloth vs disposable nappy issue... Was thinking I'd go disp as I thought that cloth nappies would be too much hassle and not very effective but my conservationist conscience got the better of me and I thought I should at least do some research. I was surpised to find that cloth nappies have come a long way from cotton towelling squares - fitted nappies made from eco-friendly bamboo and hemp etc- who'd have thought! So I am seriously considering this approach - any advice welcome!

Will post after my appt this week. Hang in there Laney! You can do it!!

StillRoz

Hi there girls,

Laney - hang in there mate. I can only imagine how horrible you must be feeling. I had this terrible pain in my hips/pelvis everytime I walked and my mum (a nurse) suggested a new pair of shoes :blink: . Well .... she was right! My feet had grown a whole size during the pregnancy and once I bought some well fitted running kind of shoes, my life suddenly because so much less painful. I wore them all the time (even around the house when I'd normally have bare feet) and I felt so much better. I know this won't solve your problems, but maybe it would help a little (and I guess it couldn't hurt).

Tracy - You're talking to a cloth nappy person here! I use the olde squares (although in pretty colours) and washable cloth liners. I've used the same set of nappies right through my first dd's nappy wearing years and now my second dd is wearing them. With dd#1 I used to soak the nappies in nappi-san and then wash them. For dd#2, I've followed sebela's advice and am doing the 'dry pail' system. I just rinse the (ahem) solid matter into the toilet and then store the used nappies in an empty bucket. Then, every 2 days I do a load of washing with the nappies and hang them out in the sun to dry. They look sparkling clean!

Alot of people seem to be recommending the 'modern cloth' or fitted cloth nappies. Someone gave me a few of these. The only problems I had with them was that 1) the baby grows out of them so you have to buy them in different sizes (where as with the olde style nappies you just change the fold to accomodate the growing baby) and 2) they are much thicker so they take longer to dry on the line.

If you did end up choosing the old fashioned squares, I have a couple of bits of advice.

1) get some cloth nappy liners. I don't mean liners that are thick and that absorb a lot, I mean these really really thin bits of fabric with draw the moisture away from the baby's skin. They're made from this super lightweight material - I'm looking at one and for the life of me I can't tell you what material it's made from :huh: I've seen cloth nappy liners for sale on internet sites for really high prices (like $20 each) which is ridiculous! I can't sew (note my inability to identify a fabric type!) but even I could make my own nappy liners - they're just triangles of this thin material. Hopefully someone will pop in here and be able to describe the material.

2) Use snappys rather than nappy pins. They make life much easier and reduce wear and tear on the nappy (and your fingers!). They're really cheap and are available at places like Big W / Target etc etc.

I'm so excited to hear news from you two girls - especially as the big day gets closer and closer!!! Make sure you keep updating me and all the other ex-TN lurkers who keep popping in to see how you're doing.

Laney

Tracy

I finished work before Christmas, thank goodness :) I certainly couldn't do it now...

Have you seen these:

http://www.ecodirect.com.au/eco-nappy.htm

Roz

My feet are so huge right now, nothing but my thong towelling slippers fit :blush::blush: Honestly everyone who sees them just cringes...

Thanks for the encouraging words (((((((hugs))))))))

hugs ladies, nice to see some posts other than mine :p

hugs

LadyBump66

Hi, nice to see some posts in here!

Laney I've seen those eco-disposable nappies, I even have a partial bag that someone gave me. They are much more expensive that huggies though from memory so have to weigh up the costs. I also saw "Weenees Pouch Pants" online, a nappy system with cloth outer pants and disposable bio-degrable pads. Full pads can be flushed, wet pads can be composted.

Here's the link if anyones interested

http://www.neco.com.au/product.asp?pID=481&cID=167

Roz thanks for your tips too. I was looking at the babybehinds fitted nappies that are supposed to be adjustable to fit baby from newborn to toddler. They also sell the liners in either microfleece or silk. I wonder if yours are made of one of those materials? Both keep bottoms dry but the silk ones have specail healing properties for when baby has nappy rash etc.

http://www.babybeehinds.com.au

I've never heard of snappies either so obviously have a lot of catching up to do!

There are so many options- I need to make a decision! I think I'll post on one of the other forums that deals with such matters to see what others are using.

Hi Simone hope youre enjoying your gorgeous little boys...

TinCat 🐈

Hi

Sorry to intrude, have been lurking to see how you are all going. (Hi Roz)

If you have any questions on modern cloth, plase feel free to pm me, I might be able to help.

Sneaking out the back door now :blush:

StillRoz

Hiya tink!

Tracy - I *think* you only use snappis on old style cloth nappies. Here's a link that shows you what they look like ...

http://www.snappi.co.za/

Hope everyone else is going well. Hope you very pg ladies are dealing with the heat okay.

Laney

Here's a pic we took yesterday with DS, and the tum...

mattmummytummygood.jpg

Sorry its so big, I did try to make is smaller, just doesn't seem to have worked :blush:

Edited by Laney

LadyBump66

Laney, What are you apologising for, the size of your tum or the pic! :p You look great, it is big, what a beauty!! I bet your little boy cant wait to have a lil brother...

I had my appt on Friday, all is well, measuring 32 weeks, BP and baby's HB all good etc etc. Not much to report... All my tests came back clear form last time.

DH and I had the first of our intensive 2 saturdays birth classes this weekend gone too. It was very informative and we enjoyed it. There was a lot to take in but luckily my reading has covered most of it so I felt like I knew what was going on. All starting to feel very real now! Officially 8 months tomorrow!

Laney

LadyBump66

Oh Laney thats so sweet what your little man said. They do understand so much dont they? I cant remember exactly how many weeks you are now (I know its a few more than me at least) so even if LB decides to make an early appearance, at this stage the chances are very very high that everything will be just fine. It must feel good to have your CS date set. A friend of my DH just had her daughter 5 weeks early and she was just fine. You will make it, you are doing great and i bet LB is too!

Laney

Tracy

I'm almost 36 weeks :) Any more belly shots from you :)

I thought I'd show you my swollen feet, usually I am a size 7 to 8, these feet don't fit into any shoes right now. Check these out:

100_3187.jpg

jenkp

SOrry to barge in.... :ph34r:

Laney- love the belly shot and cant believe how grown up DS looks! Oh your poor aching feet... :o

Hope you make it to your c/sect date and that then you will feel some relief... :D

hugs jen